chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Harvard Leans: Afternoon action- Bundesliga [GERMAN] Hamburg at VfB Stuttgart 9/23!!!

VfB Stuttgart (-166) is hosting Hamburg SV (+425) in week 7 fixtures, 9/23 2:30p EST.
    Draw set at +275, while the total is set at 2.5 OV -182.

The afternoon board is empty for most US sports, so I was looking for a strong lean to play for day action, when I found this GEM.

Vfb Stuttgart has returned home after a road win in Frieburg, two weeks ago.

With the exception of the 0-1 loss to Bayer Leverkusen in August, Stuttgart has looked good at home handing out 3-0 ass kickings to both Hannover 96 and Schalke 04.

While Hamburg is a very well known club in German soccer, Stuttgart will welcome a decimated Hamburg club that is looking to have one its worse years in a long while.

Hamburg will make the trip to Stuggart with interium coach Rodolfo Esteban Cardoso, after firing head coach Michael Oenning. Hamburg coming off a club friendly a 4-1 road victory of Hallescher FC, only three days ago.

But that victory is about all that's positive to report lately for this club. This is a year of rebuilding for hamburg, they have a lot of younger inexperienced talent particularly on defense.

the Stuttgart defense is proven and looks well. New signing mexican defender Francisco Rodríguez is proving to be a great asset to the Stuttgart defense so far.

The woes of the Hamburg defense will put stress their offense that probably will be lucky to even score, while The Stuttgart offensive is sound! The four powerful attackers of Stuttgart will give the Hamburg defense problems and should put in 2+ goals.

Stuttgart head coach Bruno Labbadia commented on the game plan as, "We must take charge".

"We are playing at home, hopefully in a full house, under floodlights. That will be a great game for the fans. We want to win, control the match, put the pressure on and dominate".

Vfb Stuttgart -1 (+140)
    intertops

------

Note: Early odds reports I've read had Stuttgart -1 (-105). I don't know if Intertops is unique in these crumbs or if this line has dropped dramatically across all books. I can find no sources to explain this +money line movement if it's true this line was once at -105
    Points Awarded:

iifold gave chrisharvard01 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

gl terrific write-up

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I'll bite

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!
    TomJSports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

No clue how you got +140 on that. bodog and 5d have it at -110, which is much more reasonable. Makes me want to look into intertops, though, that's for sure. Good luck, this was my play of the day.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

5dimes has stutt -1 +100 right now.

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Nice, that's really solid. Don't understand the movement, as VfB is planning on playing a full squad per their website. Biggest thing Hamburg has in their favour is Cardoso; if the new boss lights a fire under them, they could pull it off. I doubt it, but a lot of times teams off of a coaching change come out with a win. With how awful HSV has been, though, I don't see it. Especially when you throw in Mancienne joining Diekmeier and Guerrero on the sideline.

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Excellent write up.

Stifler
    Stifler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10391

new coach often means new team spirit. i would go with HSV +0,5 here.

chrisharvard01

Quote Originally Posted by TomJSports View Post
    No clue how you got +140 on that. bodog and 5d have it at -110, which is much more reasonable. Makes me want to look into intertops, though, that's for sure. Good luck, this was my play of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    5dimes has stutt -1 +100 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJSports View Post

Damn boys, I don't know. Maybe they got heavy action early on Hamburg? It's always good to have a few different books. 50 cents difference is HUGE! I wonder if they are consistently so far off from the bigger books?

Either way if you're thinking of betting $200+ its worth it to open an account, they give 100% bonus up to $100. Only thing about intertops is it takes 5 business days to receive a check . At least they don't have whore s_hit customer service

chrisharvard01

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    gl terrific write-up
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMON2g View Post
    Excellent write up.

thanks guys

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

goodluck man

chrisharvard01

thanks glitch.

biding my time till MNF...trying to talk myself out of skins ML if they are crumbs...

f_uck dallas!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

skins get it done monday.

fukk the cowboys indeed.

chrisharvard01

1-nil Stuttgart

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Hamburg is getting some great attacks late.

chrisharvard01

I know they are worrying me. Even though it should be 2-nil Stuttgart really blew that easy shot off the post

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Cacau usually makes those. Drobný is a good keeper though and plays angles well, he's just behind that damn Hamburg squad.

samitarian
    samitarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

scared that HSV might equalize but if stuttgart can hold them i think they will eventually score that 2nd goal

samitarian
    samitarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

spoke too early

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Great play by Gökhan Töre, Bruma with the goal.

chrisharvard01

Stuttgart must act with urgency, here

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    Stuttgart must act with urgency, here
    They should and they will. Should've played a a better damn lineup. Coach Bruno said all week not to take them lightly, not to take the lightly. That goal should light a fire under their ass, that's for sure.

chrisharvard01

Unreal!!! Stuggart knocking on the door of 2nd place and f_uckin Hamburg rolls them like this

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Gökhan Töre's corners are fantastic.

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Finally they put in Gebhart for Okazaki....too little, too late.

chrisharvard01

If Stuttgart doesn't draw here and gives hamburg their first league win of season, well, they are who we thought they weren't

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Ehh, Hamburg isn't as bad (talent-wise) as it had shown on the pitch and the scorecard. With how bad they were playing, though, it was safe to bet against them until they proved you wrong. VfB isn't a great team this year, good but not great, and then they got cocky. Biggest thing is if Cardoso can continue this output. Cardoso has been with Hamburg since the 90s pretty much, and they'll give him every chance to succeed. I hope he does, because the league is more interesting with Hamburg in it.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I laid off because of that weird line on the better team at home. It's always funny to me when the better team on paper pays better than even money.

TomJSports
    Go Bayern!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    I laid off because of that weird line on the better team at home. It's always funny to me when the better team on paper pays better than even money.
    Definitely was a weird like. I could buy EV or -110 due to people betting on the team with the coaching change. +140 was downright astounding to me though.

All in all, though, it was the right play due to any tangible factor. Hamburg is a decent squad, but hadn't shown it. Also didn't know how much Cardoso would have an impact. If I knew I would've stuck around to see Stuttgart's lineup, I probably would've played it lighter, but still played it. Ohh well, can't complain too much. Even 'good bets' end up not hitting. Good luck the rest of the way.