Betnod
    Betnod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betnods picks

Hi guys, I've just started up a new UK forum and for a bit of self promotion I hope you don't mind me posting my picks on SBR for a while.
    Cheers.

Everton v Aston Villa
    Everton are traditionally bad starters and this season looks no different, as you say Blackburn dominated them a week or so ago and should have came away with the points but they're not classed as the worst side in the Prem for nothing so it's no suprise Everton mugged them, Arteta will also be a big miss for Everton; even more so as they have no like for like replacement for him.
    I'll go along with the draw but on paper it looks a very close match that could swing either way and not one i fancy putting money on.
    Prediction 1-1

Arsenal v Swansea
    Arsenal are way to short allthough you cannot back against them winning this, as for goals you would like to think so but Swansea are very much like Wigan last yr where they create chances but struggle to find the back of the net, I also have a feeling Rodgers might start changing his tactics as playing open football in the Prem is leaving Swansea wide open at the back so he may start to play more defensive away from home, that's leading me to think of a 2 or 3-0 scoreline for Arsenal which is bordering the over/unders, I'd be more inclined to go for Arsenal ht/ft as Arsenal will be looking to bounce back in this match after the hammering they took off United.
    Prediction 2-0

Man City v Wigan
    Man City are playing well and thats probably the lowest I've ever seen them in the Prem odds wise, Wigan are still unbeaten but i expect that wee record to go out of the window on Saturday and this is one game I'd expect to see goals.
    Prediction 4-0

Stoke v Liverpool
    I'm liking the look of the Stoke v Liverpool game as this will show just how far Liverpool have come and whether their new players like a fight, it may not be pretty but it will be intriguing as Stoke try and muscle Liverpool out of the way, they can play a bit too and it will also be interesting to see a new partnership of Delap and Crouch developing from throw in's lol.
    I can see a lot of differing opinions being cast for this match and the odds look fair enough for which ever one you take.
    Personally I'll go for the draw.
    Prediction 0-0/1-1

Sunderland v Chelsea
    I'm taking Chelsea too as I'm just not impressed with Sunderland, something seems to be missing from their team ethic and they aren't playing as a team, I don't know whether Bruce has had a fallout with some of the players but something is not right.
    I'm not overly impressed with Chelsea either but their team spirit is second to none and Villas Boas seems to be slowly working out his best side, that 2nd half performance against Norwich after Boas rang the changes was pretty impressive and I expect Chelsea to build on that.
    Chelsea Win.
    Prediction 0-2

Wolves v Tottenham
    Wolves v Spurs is one of those games where you could easily slip up, Wolves against my expectations have got off to a flyer, while Spurs still haven't got out of first gear with Modric causing Harry a bit of concern as he doesn't want to drop his best player but at the same time putting him out in that frame of mind is like playing with 10 men, Harrys options have also been reduced with Crouch and Palacios moving onto other clubs, sitting on the bottom of the league also creates its own pressure albeit Spurs have only played the top two clubs Utd and City to date.
    I think Wolves can use this bit of uncertainty to their advantage and get something from this match.
    Prediction Wolves 1X

Bolton v Man Utd
    I can't see Bolton living with Man U, Bolton are just to predictable and easy to work out, with K davies up front against Uniteds current back four I can see him nicking a goal as United do have defensive frailties but its at the other end where you can't see Bolton keeping United out and on current form they must be good for at least 3 against a side like Bolton, I can see Robinson being run ragged, I also have a feeling this may be a bit of a dirty match with cards a plenty.
    This is definately one for the overs and I'm going to take United in a double with Chelsea.
    Prediction 1-3

Fulham v Blackburn
    I like the look of Fulham too but don't think they deserve to be so low even though they are playing Blackburn, I just can't bring myself to back them at those odds as i can see Blackburn putting every man and his dog behind the ball trying to get something from this game. I'm trying to justify talking myself out of it now as I know Fulham will probably murder them.
    Prediction 2-0

UK soccer betting forum
    Last edited by Betnod; 09-08-11 at 06:52 PM.

syamster
    syamster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Don't make arsenal so pathetic, In which paper (what way?) its a close match. Arsenal more more better than poor Swansea. How can it be swing either way ?. Only one way, Arsenal Way.

nobull
    nobull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6141

i totally agree with ur picks & good luck in kickin da bookies in da balls !! heee haaawww

Betnod

ooops Syamsters right, it looks like i have mixed up my headings on my Arsenal picks, that should read Everton v Aston Villa not Arsenal v Swansea. I'll go and change it now, thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Betnod; 09-08-11 at 06:55 PM.

Betnod

There's nothing really clear cut this week but some decent odds if you can seperate the wheat from the chaff.
    The early kick off between Blackburn and Arsenal is a tempter with Arsenal being offered at nearly evens, the only downside is that I'm still not convinced by Arsenal and Blackburn did show a bit of fight against Fulham winning their first point of the season.

I'm laughing to myself here as thats a decent price for ARSENAL but is it a decent price for 'this' Arsenal? , I'm going to take a chance other wise I'll be kicking myself all weekend if Arsenal beat Blackburn convincingly and I say to myself 'I knew that would bleedin happen' . At least nothing suggests to me Blackburn will win, Draw maybe .....and now my minds going back to how shite Arsenal were against Swansea last week.
    I've made my mind up, I'm leaving well alone, or at least wait and see what other folk have to say.

I'll be taking Villa at evens, they're not playing great but at least they are playing consistantly and i expect them to get better, same too could be said of Newcastle i suppose but i saw cracks starting to appear on Monday against QPR and they did look a bit lacking up front, If Villa can create half the amount of chances QPR did then they should have the ability to take all the points here.
    Villa win.

I'm also in two minds whether to take Bolton at that price, their league form doesn't make good reading but you have to bear in mind they have played United, City and Liverpool in the 4 games played.
    There is the chance it could have knocked the stuffing out of them but Bolton have enough experience in the squad i reckon to take it on the chin and now concentrate on games like this that they would expect to win.
    Bolton win.

If Everton were slightly higher i may have took a punt on them but they look far to short, I expect Wigan to give Everton a decent game and nicking a point is a strong possiblity imo and Everton are notoriously unpredictable at this stage of the season, I still expect them to win mind but I'm not as confident as those odds suggest.

Swansea v West brom would be my draw pick of the weekend if i had to select one, not for any particular reason apart from the fact its one of those games that look close and could quite so easily swing either way, whatever the result I'll be suprised if the winning margin is more than one goal should there be one, could also be one for the unders.

I'm going to have a dabble on Wolves, I'd have been a lot more confident about the outcome of this fixture a couple of weeks ago before Warnock dipped into the transfer market but Wolves at home should still prove to strong for QPR, plus they did look shite in front of the onion bag against Newcastle on Monday night.
    SWP and Barton looked impressive and like expected slotted into the QPR side with ease considering the experience they have but it will take a lot more than just those two to trouble a seasoned side like Wolves who themsleves will be looking to bounce back after their defeat to Spurs.
    Wolves win.

I'm just looking at the Sunderland v Stoke game now and wouldn't be suprised to see Stoke win this, near enough 2/1 is very tempting, thoughts anybody?
    Chelsea at 7/2 also looks a tad on the high side, could this be the game where Fergies fledglings get found out? Chelsea +1 on the AH at around evens maybe.
    http://www.betnod.com/threads/englis...-18th-sep.279/

Betnod

Just a quick thought on the Sunderland v Stoke game, they had quite a long haul to the Ukraine and back playing Dynamo Kiev last night in the Europa cup, so it's probably wise giving this game a miss for any Stoke backers as they won't be 100%