LittleTramp's Avatar Become A Pro!

More:

Stabaek - Brann
    Stabaek FT 1.83 (-120) (4x)

Marseille - St. Etienne
    Over 2.5 goals 1.90 (-110) (2.5x)

escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW I did miss most of those .... and the really really funny thing is that I was looking at the Nancy-Sochaux game and wondering why you didnt take the pick

LittleTramp
    LittleTramp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manchester United - Tottenham
    Both teams to score 1.72 (-143) (10x)

1 shot on target and you win 2-1 away from home, if United continue to have weekends like that we may as well pack our bags now and have an early Summer holiday. Ferguson's men opened the season with a 2-1 at West Brom and whilst the win wasn't as convincing as say Man City's it's still 3 points and its a good start from the champions.

Next up is a home game against Spurs, a side that United seem to just "own" with the Red Devils winning the last 5 at Old Trafford, still with a few injury worries it's not going to be an easy game on Monday night.

Against the Baggies, United had prolonged spells of dominance but just didn't threaten Foster's goal. When West Brom got back into the game a bit like United they didn't have that many chances but when they did De Gea had the answers. That was until his gaff late in the first half when Shane Long's shot squirmed underneath his hands and until a late WBA own goal it looked to have cost his side 2 points. De Gea is a class keeper but obviously needs a bit of time in the league but he is an obvious weak link right now and Spurs will obviously target him.

The bad news for United is they can't use their ever so reliable centre back pairing of Vidic and Ferdinand to protect their keeper as both will miss the game through injury. Instead Ferguson is going to trust a very young pairing of Jones and Evans to keep Tottenham at bay with Evra at left back and Smalling at right back. Jones and Evans are more than capable at this level but up against a Tottenham side that scored 5 goals on Thursday it must be a little bit daunting for them and they must have good games if United are to prevail.

Going forward, despite Hernandez's absence the side still has tons of goals in it and whilst we didn't see the best of that last week I think on Monday night United will come out with some more intent. Young and Rooney in particular looked lively throughout last week and with Nani as well this trio can unlock any defence and United are bound to give Gomez some work on Monday evening.

Team news in addition to the injured centre backs is that Valencia, Fletcher and Rafael all miss out whilst Carrick and Owen are doubts with both likely to miss out on the starting eleven. We should see Wellbeck start up top alone with Rooney behind him, supported by Nani and Young on the wings and a central pairing of Anderson and the ever improving Cleverley.

Predicted Man United Lineup:

De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra; Nani, Anderson, Cleverley, Young; Rooney, Welbeck.

Spurs finally get the chance to open their Premier League account as they had sit at home and watch everyone else following the postponement of their opening day fixture with Everton due to the London riots. Since then Redknapp's side has travelled to Scotland and demolished Hearts 5-0 in a Europa League tie that let United know that the side is "ready" and certainly will be threat on Monday evening.

Surprisingly for Tottenham the side has not been strengthened this summer with virtually all the talk about Modric leaving the club as opposed to anyone coming in. Well a few weeks before the window shuts, Modric remains and the only departures are that of Woodgate, Keane and O'Hara all players out of favour and only ever given rare sub appearances.

In fact the only signing despite rumours of many players is the signing of backup keeper Friedel who will fight Cudicini for a place on the bench most weeks. Diarra from Real Madrid and Adebayor from Man City have both been linked with the club but neither has officially signed.

What it means is that, Redknapp must make do with what he has and what he has is a very good side. Given the departures to key players at the back for United I think Van Der Vaart, Bale and Defoe all have the ability to create chances as Hearts found out to their cost last Thursday. Van Der Vaart in particular was outstanding and if he can put him self in space behind the inexperienced Cleverley Spurs definitely has a chance. Like wise Bale down the left up against Smalling looks a good matchup, Smalling doesn't strike as particularly quick and he's going have to chase Bale all night which will really push the United full back.

Whilst Tottenham hasn't had the best of luck at Old Trafford in recent years there are some decent stats for them from last season. They averaged 1.32 goals a game on the road and that's the 6th best in the division, that was helped by them failing to score only 8 times the 4th best in the league. The only problem or negative is that they kept just 3 clean sheets on the road last year and with United's attack I can't see them keeping one this week.

Team news is that Sandro and Pienaar are injured with doubts over King, Gallas, Jenas, Palacios and Modric. From the doubts it seems as though Modric will miss out whether it's because of injury or the apparent imminent move to Chelsea who knows but I'll be shocked to see him start. At the back Dawson and Kaboul looked solid midweek and should get the nod whilst the midfield five of Lennon, Livermore, Kranjcar, Bale and Van Der Vaart should be more than competitive against United's midfield and Spurs should enjoy decent spells in the game.

Predicted Tottenham Lineup:
    Gomes; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Livermore, Kranjcar, Bale; Van der Vaart; Defoe

I think United will win just because these are the games that they always seem to win, despite injury, despite potentially being under the cosh in spells, I think at home they will get it done.

However, that won't be my bet because one day Spurs will get a good result at Old Trafford as in recent years either refereeing howlers (Pedro Mendez's over the line goal) or freak goals (Nani robbing Gomez when everyone thought it was a free kick)have cost them. For me this is a great time to play United away from home especially with Vidic and Rio out.

If Spurs is going to take anything from the game they must score and I feel they are good value for a goal on Monday night and as a result I like both teams to score. This looks like a 2-1 either way to me so I'll happily take both teams to score and watch on as 1 side goes on to take the 3 points.

escou

Nice write-up LT, unfortunately Spurs did not play up to expectations or maybe luck, cuz they had a decent number of shots, yet Harry was getting upset from time to time with Van Der Vaarts appearance. A great lean you had with the United win.

Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

We have the Champions League and the Carling Cup tomorrow!

(Reyes)
    (Reyes)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice one...

(Reyes)
    (Reyes)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Chips View Post
    We have the Champions League and the Carling Cup tomorrow!
    will be waiting..

OneTipster
    OneTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!

How are you LT?

HKT
    HKT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Looks like LT has gone quiet since the cold streak.

escou

I am sure he will be back at some point, hope it is soon

First 1234