EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's SPF 15

Coming back to futbol with a goal to get to by mid-August for the start of the English Premier League and some of the other big European leagues getting back into the swing of things. Applying the sun tan lotion and looking to bronze up enough winners to gain 15 units of profit by that point to put into some futures plays and have a nice roll to start the season off with. Here goes nothing.

7.1 [Women's World Cup] New Zealand-England Over 2.5 [-110]
    I don't know dick from dick about the ladies, but in crunching stats here I see an English club that has had few issues putting the ball in the back of the net routinely in their World Cup qualis. They scored one against Mexico, while yielding one in their opener. The Kiwis nailed one, but gave up two to the Japanese. New Zealand is a squad of youngsters who are prone to making some mistakes, but are fast. If the previews are correct, England is the superior team that should expose New Zealand which should mean some goals.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-01-11 at 11:04 AM.

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Lets do this. I was on the over as well. Nice start for NZ

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Winner

EaglesPhan36

Boo ya!

SPF Goal: +1.00

EaglesPhan36

Copa America Futures

#1. Argentina To Win +100
    Stacked and serious and playing at home. Their defense is a bit risky at times, but the offensive firepower is unquestionable the best in the competition.

#2. Colombia to Win Group A [+495]/Paraguay to Win Group B [+360]
    While Argentina and Brazil are favorites to win the Copa competition, the two sides have not finished at the top of their groups together since this competition went to the group format. Colombia is a danger overall it appears, while Paraguay's dull defensive-style could stymie a Brazil side that still doesn't quite look like it's in gear yet to me under their new coach. Half a unit on each. If one surprises, it's a nice profit.

#3. Chile to Win Group C [+130]/Uruguay to Win Group C [+133]
    All in the name of profit. With Mexico's woes, it would be a huge shock if one of these two clubs did not win Group C. Taking both at plus money gives you a guaranteed profit if one of the two wins.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-01-11 at 03:12 PM.

Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Coming back to futbol with a goal to get to by mid-August for the start of the English Premier League and some of the other big European leagues getting back into the swing of things. Applying the sun tan lotion and looking to bronze up enough winners to gain 15 units of profit by that point to put into some futures plays and have a nice roll to start the season off with. Here goes nothing.

7.1 [Women's World Cup] New Zealand-England Over 2.5 [-110]
    I don't know dick from dick about the ladies, but in crunching stats here I see an English club that has had few issues putting the ball in the back of the net routinely in their World Cup qualis. They scored one against Mexico, while yielding one in their opener. The Kiwis nailed one, but gave up two to the Japanese. New Zealand is a squad of youngsters who are prone to making some mistakes, but are fast. If the previews are correct, England is the superior team that should expose New Zealand which should mean some goals.
    Good job! Way to come back!!!

EaglesPhan36

7.1 [Copa America] Argentina or Bolivia Score 4 or More Goals [+121]
    Obviously this is a play on Argentina. I think the hosts are out to score a quick start at this competition under Batista. Messi, Tevez & company are expected to treat the crowd to a beat down. I'll take plus money and rate them a shot to do it with an onslaught of goals.

EaglesPhan36

SPF Goal: +0.00

Very poor display from Argentina. May help the futures though if Colombia can scoop up some points in the group. Guess this is kind of the way the Copa America has gone recently. Favorites get slow starts.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-01-11 at 10:35 PM.

EaglesPhan36

7.2 [Japan J1] Vegalta Sendai-Nagoya Grampus Over 2/2.5 [-112]
    Nagoya have yielded two goals or more in three of their four road matches early in the season. Vegalta Sendai have scored in each of their six home matches with six goals coming in their last two. They have three clean sheets in those six matches. Nagoya has only been shut out in two of their 12 matches in league play.

EaglesPhan36

7.2 [Women's World Cup] USA-Colombia Over 3 [-110]
    Again, do not know dick about dick with the women ... but in studying up and reading, it sounds like Colombia was fortunate not to have lost to Sweden last time by three or four goals instead of the 1-0 scoreline. Team USA was sluggish in the 1st half, but showed its class with two 2nd half goals against North Korea. With Sweden already having won to stay on top of Group A, the Americans would like to keep pace with a win heading into a group stage finale with Sweden. A win today would assure that the final match with the Swedes would only be for placing 1st or 2nd with advancement secured already to the QFs. Team USA is tinkering with their lineup some, so I am going to avoid the handicap as you never know if the pressure might get to these girls and they lay a clunker like they did in the 1st half again. I don't think Colombia is a major threat from what I have read, but with the situation, etc. - think it's better to go for goals than the handicap and see how it works out.

EaglesPhan36

7.2 [Copa America] Colombia-Costa Rica Under 2.5 [-125]
    Colombia is a very stingy side that does not often score too many goals either. In three friendlies this year, they have two goals scored and three conceded. Costa Rica is very young and I think would be very happy to take a point with a draw today. Colombia would love to get a goal and defend I think today, knowing a win today gets them ahead of Argentina to start play. Falcao will be threatening of course, but I don't know that Colombia has more than two goals in them today and their defense may be able to keep Costa Rica at-bay all match.

EaglesPhan36

SPF Goal: +0.49

Good to get the three points to put Colombia on top of their group early, but they still look very challenged to score.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Nice winner

EaglesPhan36

7.2 [MLS] San Jose-N.Y. Red Bull Over 2/2.5 [-114]
    The Quakes will be glad to welcome a New York defense that has not kept a clean sheet since April. That comes as San Jose has gone back-2-back matches without scoring. NY has allowed 13 road goals in nine matches, while tallying 14 goals of their own. San Jose had gone six straight at home with at least one goal before being shut out by L.A. in their last home match. It will be interesting to see how Dax McCarty fits in with NY after they acquired him for DeRosario. The Red Bulls have scored and conceded in six straight road tilts. They have only missed scoring once on the road in eight matches. Think the worst case here will be a half stakes loss as I expect both will score and a good shot to see more than that.

EaglesPhan36

SPF Goal: +1.49

EaglesPhan36

7.3 [Norway Eliteserien] Brann-Stabak Over 3 [-110]
    Brann have been on a goal scoring spree in their last two with seven goals. At home, they have scored at least once in six of seven with multiple goals in four of those matches. They have just two clean sheets at home this season. Stabak have attracted goals on the road in Eliteserien play. In seven road matches, only once has the total fallen below three goals and only once has it landed right on three goals. All others have hit for at least four goals. Stabak have multiple goals in six of seven on the road. No clean sheets.

[Copa America] Brazil-Venezuela Under 3 [+103]
    I've seen some of this Brazil team in the build-up to this tournament and it appears to me that they are still adapting to their new system and mix of veterans and youth players. The finishing touch has yet to be consistent, so I'm not so sure we're going to see Brazil come out firing with a bevy of goals. Venezuela will have their younger side tested here, but they should be prepared some for an offensive threat after seeing Spain in their last friendly. The Spaniards blitzed them with their possession game in a 3-0 win. I don't think Brazil will care how they get a win in their opener after seeing Argentina scuffle to a draw as long as they can get a win. I think that will happen with perhaps two or three goals. If I can find a good line on 3.5, I may upgrade to that.

EaglesPhan36

Changing Brazil-Venezuela to Under 3.5/3 [-117]

EaglesPhan36

SPF Goal: +2.49

Might be playing MLS tonight, finishing up my research on that one. Copa has been an unders heaven.

EaglesPhan36

7.3 [MLS] Colorado-Houston Over 2/2.5 [-116]
    Rapids have been very poor defensively in their last two, allowing seven goals. Houston has allowed at least two goals in five of their last seven overall. Houston has just one clean sheet on the road in eight matches, so Colorado should have a shot to score tonight. Rapids have scored and conceded in four of their last five at home. With Colorado's D a little shaky and Houston's the same, I'm expecting a few goals in this one and think the worst case should be a half stakes loss.

EaglesPhan36

SPF Goal: +1.33

imzdeals
    imzdeals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 410

EP36, i was hoping you had an opinion on the galaxy match tonight. I've got an insane parlay riding on the draw in that match. this parlay includes the brazil draw and the dynamo draw yesterday. This is $5 to win $2.5k, no joke. I was thinking about hedging a little on the over. This way the only results that would burn me would be 1-0 or 2-0. Anyone who has an opinion on the match tonight, feel free to let me know!

EaglesPhan36

7.4 [Copa America] Uruguay-Peru Under 2.5 [-129]
    Peru is missing some of its best offensive weapons and were already a poor scoring side. Uruguay brings the big guns of Forlan, Suarez and Cavani. Still, they were not exactly rolling in goals during the build-up to this competition. Peru has not been scored on in four matches in 2011. This will be their biggest test, but they must know their best bet and stealing points will be to partake in a low scoring affair. Having seen the exploits of Brazil & Argentina, Uruguay will likely be happy just to snake a one goal win today if they can exploit Peru's defense. I'm looking for Peru to dig in and play defense and with their injuries and absentees, I think it will be hard for them to add to the goal scoring total.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by imzdeals View Post
    EP36, i was hoping you had an opinion on the galaxy match tonight. I've got an insane parlay riding on the draw in that match. this parlay includes the brazil draw and the dynamo draw yesterday. This is $5 to win $2.5k, no joke. I was thinking about hedging a little on the over. This way the only results that would burn me would be 1-0 or 2-0. Anyone who has an opinion on the match tonight, feel free to let me know!
    Wow that's crazy, you have to do something to ensure profit considering you only risked $5. Whatever you decide GL to you and I hope you hit the big one, SBR preview calling for a draw whatever that's worth to you.

EaglesPhan36

I think a draw is possible in that one. Not exactly sure how Perk is going to be in goal for LA as the main guy. I really expect the Sounders to at least take a point. If you bet $5 to make $2,500 ... seems like the easy cover would be to take both teams on the moneyline for something. Probably 2x on LA and 1x on Seattle.

EaglesPhan36

SPF Goal: +2.33

Pretty shocked that the match ended 1-1 after a 1-1 first half, but I'll take it.

EaglesPhan36

7.4 [Copa America] Chile-Mexico Under 2.5 [-132]
    Chile's defense is always tough to penetrate, so I expect Mexico's youth here to have problems initiating attacks. The question of course is how does this mish-mash Mexico unit play defensively? With finishing and goals not flowing well thus far, I'm going to side with less goals again until proven otherwise. Chile SHOULD snag a win here, but nothing has been certain so far.

EaglesPhan36

SPF Goal: +1.01

Felt that one going wrong for a while. An over finally hits. Oh well.

EaglesPhan36

7.7 [Europa League Qualis] Paks-Santa Coloma Under 4/3.5 [-104]
    Taking a shot here. Paks won 1-0 on the road in the 1st leg and while they admitted some nerves and expected to do better at home, they need not risk a ton as a keeping a clean sheet is probably the highest priority here if possible to get the aggregate win. Paks may win by a goal, two or three, but I'm not sure this gets to four.

EaglesPhan36

7.7 [Under-17 World Cup] Mexico-Germany Over 3 [-112]
    Two top quality attacks here with the Germans leading the competition with 18 goals in five matches. Mexico has knocked in eleven goals in give matches with at least two goals in all their matches. The Mexican side have also conceded in four of five, while Germany has only conceded three - but two of those came last time out against England which also sports a good attacking group.

EaglesPhan36

SPF Goal: +1.49

U-17 hits after a disappointing half stalkes loss on the early one. Two goals in that one in the last 13 minutes to make it a four goal total.

EaglesPhan36

7.8 [Finland] HJK-Inter Turku Over 3 [+101]
    HJK has been scoring goals at-will lately with 21 goals over their last five matches in Veukasliiga play and 17 goals in their last three at home. Inter Turku has had some defensive issues on the road, allowing nine goals in their last five matches with multiple goals allowed in four of their last five roadies. They have kept pace though by scoring well with eleven goals in their last four on the road and have only been shut out once in six chances away from home. HJK has been stingy with just four goals allowed at home, but three of those have come in the last three home games. If Inter can get on the board, there should be a chance for this to do more than push the total. If they don't, HJK certainly could do damage enough to at least push.

FreddDS
    FreddDS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Thank you for the winner in the Finland game, EP36! Nice to see back with a thread in the soccer forum.

Spaceviews
    Spaceviews's Avatar Become A Pro!

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK IN THE FOLD!! Break a leg!!

EaglesPhan36

7.9 [Women's World Cup] France-England Over 2/2.5 [-104]
    Quarterfinals here as France tries to regroup from their thrashing at the hands of Germany last time out, 4-2. The Germans showed strong and actively pressured France throughout. France will be starting their secondary goalkeeper after their usual starter got a red card vs. Germany. England looked solid against Japan and now has scored two goals in each of their last two matches in this competition. France showed their scoring ability last match against Germany as they scored in the 2nd half after a flat first half and got another goal after going down a player. I think this is all about France's mentality. They need to come out in attack mode and pressure England from the opening whistle.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-09-11 at 10:55 AM.

psulions
    psulions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

like the over in this too. Let's cash.

123 Last