BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

BigBurk's 2011/2012 Dutch Soccer Thread

With the season 2010/2011 coming to a close by Ajax taking the title on a last day 3-1 home win over Twente we can start preparing on the new season 2011/2012 which tips of on August 5th.

Until then I shall keep track of the major player movement in the league and other notible news on the teams, coaches and players. Starting on August 5th we will have plays on sides, totals and other features which might seem profitable. This also includes half time scores, goal scorers, yellow/red cards etc so make sure your bookie offers these features in order to follow my plays. Not sure yet if I will also play the European games (Champions League, Europa League) in which the Dutch teams will participate but this also is an option.

This is the first season I will keep track of my plays throughout the whole season, so I don't have a record of previous seasons. My official plays will be in bold with the letters locked next to them. Most of the plays will be in units of 1-5, and on a rare occasion maybe 5+ units.

Good luck to all who decide to follow my plays!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/2011 Final League Table;

Relegated: Willem II
    Promoted: RKC Waalwijk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/2012 Notable Player Additions/Losses;

Ajax
    Additions: T. Janssen (Twente), Boerrigter (RKC Waalwijk), Serero (Ajax Cape Town)
    Losses: Lindgren (Red Bull Salzburg), Oleguer (?), Donald (Roda JC)

FC Twente
    Additions: Adriaanse (coach), Cornelisse (FC Utrecht), W. Janssen (Roda JC), Guidetti (Manchester City)
    Losses: Preud'homme (coach, Al Shabab), T. Janssen (Ajax), Tiendalli (?)

PSV
    Additions: Sinouh (FC Utrecht)
    Losses: Dzsudzsak (Anzji Machatsjkala), Vukovic (Roda JC)

AZ
    Additions:
    Losses: Schaars (Sporting Lissabon), Pelle (Parma FC)

FC Groningen
    Additions: Kwakman (FC Augsburg), Johansson (Molde FK)
    Losses: Granqvist (Genoa CFC), Stenman (Club Brugge)

Roda JC
    Additions: Fledderus (Heracles Almelo), Donald (Ajax), Vukovic (PSV), Biemans (Willem II)
    Losses: Addo (?), Kah (?), Hadouir (?), W. Janssen (FC Twente), Bodor (?), De Fauw (Zulte-Waregem)

Ado Den Haag
    Additions:
    Losses: Van den Brom (coach, Vitesse)

* Update in progress *
    Last edited by BigBurk; 06-25-11 at 09:23 AM.

devvvvy
    devvvvy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Just to help you out a little:
    - Jonathan Reis will stay with PSV for one more year.
    - ADO lost its coach to Vitesse (v/d Brom)
    - Zoet (PSV) to RKC
    - Vukovic from PSV to Roda JC
    - Biemans Willem II to Roda (instead of de Fauw, who went to Zulte-Waregem, Belgium)
    - Skoubo from Roda JC to Odense BK (Denmark)

Hadouir is talking with Middlesbrough.
    Last edited by devvvvy; 06-25-11 at 08:54 AM.

BigBurk

Thanks for the help, always appreciated! Will update the other teams and new transfers throughout the coming weeks. Plenty of time left until the season finally starts!

BigBurk

Damn.. didn't know you can't edit a post once you placed a newer post in the same thread! Wanted to place all the player movement in the first post..

Edit: seems like one can only edit a post for a couple of hours after the post. Will put updates on player movement etc in new posts!
    Last edited by BigBurk; 06-26-11 at 06:19 AM.

BigBurk

Some rumors going around the past days (some are yet confirmed);

- Mertens and Strootman will move to PSV (currently Utrecht).
    - Van den Brom (coach, Ado) will not move to Vitesse as it seems according to the ADO management.
    - De Zeeuw (Ajax) might move to Spartak Moskou.

devvvvy
    devvvvy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

PSV will be out of their money problems next year signing Mertens and Strootman. Definately growing players, especially Mertens, probably going to be better than Dzudzak (or however you spell that) and will probably be in England in 2 years (and we all know the amounts of money they put down for players there.

awesomeness
    awesomeness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

nice thread!!

BigBurk

Quote Originally Posted by devvvvy View Post
    PSV will be out of their money problems next year signing Mertens and Strootman. Definately growing players, especially Mertens, probably going to be better than Dzudzak (or however you spell that) and will probably be in England in 2 years (and we all know the amounts of money they put down for players there.
    True. Although I'm not sure if Mertens will be as effective (goals, assists) as Dzsudzsak. Both transfers have been confirmed by both clubs so it's official.

Plus, there's a 95% chance that Wijnaldum (Feyenoord) will also move to PSV. Clubs will be closing the deal today most likely. Now that is a transfer which I didn't see coming!

BigBurk

Ok well, Van den Brom went to Vitesse afterall. De Zeeuw to Spartak is official. So is the Mertens/Strootman deal.

Not really expecting big moves this summer in the Eredivisie.

BigBurk

Sighthorsson from AZ to Ajax is official. Ajax is said to be done on the transfer market now with the signing of the striker.

BigBurk

Pretty silent on the transfers the last few days.

The only major news is the FC Twente stadium (partly) collapsing, causing two dead and 15 injured (all non players).

BigBurk

Big news from Rotterdam where Mario Been (head coach Feyenoord) resigned today after 13 out of 18 players supposedly didn't have faith in his abilities to lead the team anymore.

BigBurk

Ok, as the season opener approaches we might have our first play this week when Ado Den Haag hosts FK Tauras in the Europa League qualifiers. In an utterly poor performance by Ado last thursday they managed to get a 2-3 win at FK Tauras, whilst 5dimes had the total at u/o 3 goals.

I expect Ado, in their first European home match in ages, to easily finish this one at home with a minimum of 3 goals margin. Depending on the line released by 5dimes or Unibet I might play this one with over the over being the obvious play.

BigBurk

Feyenoord has appointed Ronald Koeman as their new head coach. It's safe to say they won't be competing for the first 8..

I think they'll end somewhere around 10th place (again).

5dimes hasn't released the lines yet for tomorrow (the possible ADO play) so I'm still waiting to see what they will offer and if I will make the play.

BigBurk

5dimes has released the line for the ADO match this morning, putting it on o/u 3,5/4.

Not sure whether I will play this one. Seems like a tricky line!

BigBurk

Tauras Taurage (UEFA-Europa)/ADO Den Haag (UEFA-Europa)* Over 3½,4 -133 *LOCKED* (1 unit)
    Last edited by BigBurk; 07-21-11 at 04:25 PM.

BigBurk

Tauras Taurage (UEFA-Europa)/ADO Den Haag (UEFA-Europa)* Over 3½,4 -133 *LOCKED* (1 unit)

Decided to give this one a small play. The first game ended in a 2-3 victory for ADO in, like I said earlier, a hell of a game. I expect ADO to easily win this one tonight against a terribly weak opponent.

If we take a look at ADO's last few home games, we see the following;

ADO Den Haag - FC Groningen 5-1
    ADO Den Haag - Roda JC 4-2
    ADO Den Haag - FC Groningen 2-4
    ADO Den Haag - FC Twente 1-2
    ADO Den Haag - Vitesse 1-0
    ADO Den Haag - Ajax 3-2

Especially at home ADO tends to score a lot of goals, and so does the opponent. All the above opponents are way better than FK Tauras and I expect ADO wanting to give the home crowd a good performance in their first European home match in decades.
    Last edited by BigBurk; 07-21-11 at 04:26 PM.

BigBurk

Quote Originally Posted by BigBurk View Post
    Tauras Taurage (UEFA-Europa)/ADO Den Haag (UEFA-Europa)* Over 3½,4 -133 *LOCKED* (1 unit) LOSS

Decided to give this one a small play. The first game ended in a 2-3 victory for ADO in, like I said earlier, a hell of a game. I expect ADO to easily win this one tonight against a terribly weak opponent.

If we take a look at ADO's last few home games, we see the following;

ADO Den Haag - FC Groningen 5-1
    ADO Den Haag - Roda JC 4-2
    ADO Den Haag - FC Groningen 2-4
    ADO Den Haag - FC Twente 1-2
    ADO Den Haag - Vitesse 1-0
    ADO Den Haag - Ajax 3-2

Especially at home ADO tends to score a lot of goals, and so does the opponent. All the above opponents are way better than FK Tauras and I expect ADO wanting to give the home crowd a good performance in their first European home match in decades.
    Well, ADO decided they didn't want to come out and play a good game tonight. I might have underestimated the impact that Bulykin and Kubik had on their offense last year. Luckily it was just a 1 unit play. Let's use this matches to get off to a great start in the regular season!

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

ado den haag disappointed me too .

BigBurk

My prediction for the 2011/2012 league table top 8;

1. Ajax
    2. PSV
    3. Twente
    4. AZ
    5. FC Groningen
    6. Heracles Almelo
    7. Feyenoord
    8. FC Utrecht

Prediction for the bottom 4;

15. VVV
    16. De Graafschap
    17. Excelsior
    18. RKC Waalwijk

I expect Ajax and PSV, who both have made some good transfers this summer, to battle for the title this year with Twente being a close third in their first season with Adriaanse als head coach. I give Ajax the edge over PSV since I expect Toivonen (PSV) to leave the squad before the end of the transfer window which leaves PSV without a good striker. Ajax on the other hand have done really well with the signing of Sighthorsson (striker), Janssen (great free kick taker) and Serero (great addition to the midfield). I do expect the title run to last until the last few matches though, like the last couple of years.

Places 4 - 8 can go either way this year. I don't really see any of the teams as mentioned above having a real edge over the others. I don't expect ADO to have a great year like last season (with Bulykin, Kubik and their coach leaving), that's why I have included Feyenoord in the top 8. Feyenoord is still a big question mark though. With Wijnaldum and Castaignos leaving, Fer on a possible transfer to Twente they have and probably will have lost their three best and most promising youngsters. I do believe that Ronald Koeman, who will be head coach from this season with the resigning of Mario Been, can turn things around a bit for Feyenoord with the 7th or 8th place being their maximum.

The relagation zone will probably be, as most of the people expect, occupied by RKC, De Graafschap, VVV and Excelsior. I expect RKC to be too weak to survive their year in the Eredivisie, also with the leaving of their best winger (Boerrigter, to Ajax). De Graafschap, VVV and Excelsior will most likely battle for the 15th place. I expect VVV to be the strongest out of these three teams.

Well, so far my predcitions on the coming season. This saturday the season kicks of with the clash between Ajax and Twente for the Johan Cruijff Cup (League winner against cup winner).

BigBurk

Vaslui (UEFA-Europa)/FC Twente (UEFA-Europa)* -1 -106 *LOCKED* (1 unit)

BigBurk

I am rolling with Twente tomorrow in their "home" (playing in the Vitesse stadium since their own stadium party collapsed last month, causing 2 deaths) match against Vaslui (Romania) for the Champions League qualifiers.

Twente lost the Eredivisie title last season with a 3-1 loss at Ajax but played a great season and showed to be a steady contender in the Dutch league and the Champions League with some good results against Inter, Werder and Tottenham. The squad stayed more or less the same, only with their star Theo Janssen moving to Ajax which might hurt them on the midfield. With Adriaanse as head coach this season I expect them to be a serious contender in the Eredivisie.

Twente has had a good preparation on this season with some good results again Fenerbace and Galatasaray and have proven to be ready for Vaslui. Vaslui on the other hand took a stellar beating at Rapid Boekarest this weekend (3-0). I don't expect them to come to Twente to play an attacking match, they will try to control the damage and look to counter their way to the Twente goal.

With Ruiz confirmed to be out a lot is expected from Chadli and De Jong to find the opening in the Vaslui defence. I expect Twente to win this one with a 2 goal margin. Will be a difficult battle for them though.

Khhhh
    Khhhh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Vaslui (UEFA-Europa)/FC Twente (UEFA-Europa)* -1 -106 *LOCKED* (1 unit)
    I am suspicious of the odds you have listed as all books are placing Twente -1 below 1.50 atm. Twente -1.5 is around the line you have posted so I was wondering if you meant that as -1.5.

BigBurk

Quote Originally Posted by Khhhh View Post
    I am suspicious of the odds you have listed as all books are placing Twente -1 below 1.50 atm. Twente -1.5 is around the line you have posted so I was wondering if you meant that as -1.5.
    Most of my soccer plays will be placed at Unibet, just like this one. Check their odds and you will still find Twente -1 -106. Trust me, I'm not one to post fake odds.

Khhhh
    Khhhh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Never intended to doubt your integrity Sir. Just looking for good betting spots

Unfortunately the only line from Unibet that lists any hcp is a 3way line with -1 Twente and it currently stands at 1.94. This effectively means -1.5 AH since it is 3way and if the actual result is Twente win by a single goal it is considered a draw by that line. Is there really a pure -1 AH line out there with odds slightly below 2.00?

BigBurk

Quote Originally Posted by Khhhh View Post
    Never intended to doubt your integrity Sir. Just looking for good betting spots

Unfortunately the only line from Unibet that lists any hcp is a 3way line with -1 Twente and it currently stands at 1.94. This effectively means -1.5 AH since it is 3way and if the actual result is Twente win by a single goal it is considered a draw by that line. Is there really a pure -1 AH line out there with odds slightly below 2.00?
    You are totally right! If Twente wins with a single goal margin the bet is considered to be lost since Unibet consideres it as a draw. I might have misread your intentions in your first post, my bad!

So yeah, this line comes down to Twente -1.5 -106

BigBurk

Vaslui (UEFA-Europa)/FC Twente (UEFA-Europa)* -1 -106 *LOCKED* (1 unit) *WINNER*

I am rolling with Twente tomorrow in their "home" (playing in the Vitesse stadium since their own stadium party collapsed last month, causing 2 deaths) match against Vaslui (Romania) for the Champions League qualifiers.

Twente lost the Eredivisie title last season with a 3-1 loss at Ajax but played a great season and showed to be a steady contender in the Dutch league and the Champions League with some good results against Inter, Werder and Tottenham. The squad stayed more or less the same, only with their star Theo Janssen moving to Ajax which might hurt them on the midfield. With Adriaanse as head coach this season I expect them to be a serious contender in the Eredivisie.

Twente has had a good preparation on this season with some good results again Fenerbace and Galatasaray and have proven to be ready for Vaslui. Vaslui on the other hand took a stellar beating at Rapid Boekarest this weekend (3-0). I don't expect them to come to Twente to play an attacking match, they will try to control the damage and look to counter their way to the Twente goal.

With Ruiz confirmed to be out a lot is expected from Chadli and De Jong to find the opening in the Vaslui defence. I expect Twente to win this one with a 2 goal margin. Will be a difficult battle for them though.
    Well, just like I said; Twente gets the win with a 2 goal margin in a performance not worth mentioning. They clearly missed Chadli and Ruiz up front but managed to get the good first match score that you need.

And of course giving us the winner tonight.

BigBurk

Since I'm leaving on a two week vacation this friday, I'm making a few plays now for the opening weekend of the competition since I won't be able to do so from my vacation adress in Greece.

A play that already caught my eye is the Ajax at the Graafschap 1H play. Im putting this one in right away.

08/07/2011 Ajax* 1H -114 (Eredivisie)/De Graafschap (Eredivisie) *LOCKED* (1 unit)

Ajax always seems to have quite an easy match at De Graafschap looking at last years results:

08/29/10 Ajax @ De Graafschap 5-0
    12/21/08 Ajax @ De Graafschap 6-0
    08/19/07 Ajax @ De Graafschap 8-1
    11/20/04 Ajax @ De Graafschap 5-0

A funny fact is that Ajax led all those matches after the 1H with 2-0. I'm confidend this year will go pretty much the same. Ajax will want to try and go on a immediate run from the start of the season and in my opinion they are ready for a great season with De Graafschap being an easy opener for them.

Don van Vliet
    Don van Vliet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Since Frank de Boer took over last term Ajax hardly conceded a goal but they didn't score a lot either.

Both Twente and Ajax were very slow starters in their home games last term so it could be quite risky to play a handicap of -2 or -2,25.
    The days when Ajax and PSV were regularly winning by a cricket score are over now.I'll only take over bets when the top 3 teams are on the road.

BigBurk

I'm not quite sure I'm getting what you're saying Don. I'm not playing a handicap whatsoever for this match, just a regular 1H win for Ajax at De Graafschap, which (to me) seems like a stellar play. I'm agreeing with you though that we will not be seeing a 0-6 or 1-8 again this season probably.

Don van Vliet
    Don van Vliet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You might consider signing up at SBO or 188 Burk.Those 2 Asian books have got the best lines when it comes down to soccer.I got limited pretty quick at Unibet like most European bookmakers do unfortunately.

That first Ajax game however is a banker!

BigBurk

Yeah I might have to take another bookie, Unibet is good for the time being though. Also have an account on 5dimes but I don't really like them for soccer (use it for American sports mostly).

BigBurk

08/07/2011 Ajax* 1H -114 (Eredivisie)/De Graafschap (Eredivisie) *LOCKED* (1 unit)
    Upping the bet with 1 unit, so 2 units in total now!!

BigBurk

07/28/2011 Jablonec (UEFA-Europa)/AZ* 1H -114 (UEFA-Europa) *LOCKED* (1 unit)

I am rolling with AZ tonight in their first leg match against Jablonec at home. AZ has had a good preparation on the season with some good results in friendlies. AZ has lost some of their last years best players (Sighthorsson to Ajax, Schaars to Sporting Lissabon) but they managed to keep the squad on a good level with the signing of Boymans and Altidore (both strikers, Altidore won't play until another three weaks though) and still have some great youngsters in their squad.

I don't expect this one to be an easy win for AZ, but they will need to get at least the win to achieve a good position for the return match at Jablonec. I expect AZ to score an early goal, which they need to hold on to (and maybe try to score a 2nd), to try and make Jablonec attack a bit and by so opening their defense slightly more. Overall this one might just be a single goal winner.

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

Yeah I might have to take another bookie, Unibet is good for the time being though. Also have an account on 5dimes but I don't really like them for soccer (use it for American sports mostly).
    5Dimes usually has better odds then Unibet, but Unibet has a lot more variation. I only use Unibet for propbets like goalscorers etc nowadays. Don was right about the Asians, they usually have the best lines available, plus you get to bet AH instead of the EH that Unibet offers (5Dimes also offers AH btw).

1234 ... Last