The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Man United vs Liverpool 2011/12 - Rivalry Renewed

judging by both teams action in the transfer market so far, I think these are our title contenders for next year's EPL...

looking forward to the 2 classics..

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still think it is going to be Man Utd and Chelsea first and second. Liverpool still has some way to go, but they will definitely improve a lot, but realistic target would be 3rd place.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Kenny Daglish will be exposed over a full-length season. It will come down to Chelsea vs Man Utd once again, with City offering up a real outside thread

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by PickApprentice View Post
    I still think it is going to be Man Utd and Chelsea first and second. Liverpool still has some way to go, but they will definitely improve a lot, but realistic target would be 3rd place.
    Chelsea will struggle for 4th against Arsenal... Man City will stay put at 3rd, while Liverpool finish off at 2nd..

I hate Pool but the signings they have made (and are making) fit the team well, not like City did last year... watch out for them at Anfield (the fortress of 11/12) - unfortunately..

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by irlandais_noir View Post
    Kenny Daglish will be exposed over a full-length season. It will come down to Chelsea vs Man Utd once again, with City offering up a real outside thread
    nope.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Quote Originally Posted by irlandais_noir View Post

Yup , i agree !!!!!!!!

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    judging by both teams action in the transfer market so far, I think these are our title contenders for next year's EPL... looking forward to the 2 classics..
    i really hope so TSO we made and about to make some nice signings but the problem is our defense Cara is old,Agger is injury prone,Johnson is not a good defender but a good wing player,Kyrgiakos sucks he should play in Championship and what is left are bunch of teenagers that u cant trust if u want to contend. i love Liverpool but cant see em finish higher then 3rd place

Creditsforedits
    Creditsforedits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1745

Quote Originally Posted by alon7777777 View Post
    i love Liverpool but cant see em finish higher then 3rd place
    I don't love Liverpool but I also cant see them finishing above third and I deffo don't see them challenging for the title. 13 points off third and 10 off fourth last season and 14 goals behind as well! I hope (for England) Carroll turns out to be worth 35million, but there are too many ifs with Liverpool where as United, Chelsea and Arsenal will all add depth and have the experience already and now City will not let their top 4 spot go lightly.

Top 4 is in doubt, as for challenging United (23 points and 26 goals better this season), I just cant see it.. United keep Fergie, keep the players they want and are already adding to weak positions.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

nooooooooooooooo!!!

the last thing i need for my favourite club is "favourite" label by people for the title

has last 20 years teach you anything? we wont be able to prove anything. king kenny and steve clarke will not survive one whole season, week in, week out. the new players will need time to gel in. anfield will again be parking lot for other teams. the young players gaining experience this year wont be able to perform once new season start and core players getting injured. carroll will not be able to handle the 35M pressure (remember Collymore?) and suarez's tricks will not be effective anymore. c'mon, this is all the statistic of seasons liverpool ended up most. so how can we do a title challenge? United is to win their 20th title and do all the mocking they can to us with their new signings. I already prepare myself infact to see rooney with haircut signed "20"

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

The problem with Liverpool next season will be consistency. I see Anfield will be a hard place to visit for teams, but away from home may be a major problem. The fact that some players in that team don't have the right attitude, and it will be King Kenny to sort that out. To win the title......is still a bit far off.

It will be a good season, with Chelsea having a new manager and City becoming better as a team.

muwarrior
    muwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!

From finishing 7th to finishing 6th to possibly winning the league?

Oooook lol

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Quote Originally Posted by muwarrior View Post
    From finishing 7th to finishing 6th to possibly winning the league? Oooook lol
    they were probably the hottest team to end the season

jennahazeplays
    jennahazeplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

gotta love me some soccer! dats some coo l sports

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

From finishing 7th to finishing 6th to possibly winning the league?

Oooook lol
    Do you know much about the sport at all?

Anyway, Liverpool should improve under King Kenny, I'm optimistic but not as optimistic as some fans. Should be a good season though.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Its pretty scary to think about a fit Steven Gerrard in midfield with Suarez floating off Carroll up top. I don't know about winning the title, but they can certainly compete for a top 4 place. Liverpool are on the right course since FSV and John W Henry took over.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeautifulGame View Post

Anyway, Liverpool should improve under King Kenny, I'm optimistic but not as optimistic as some fans. Should be a good season though.
    Who, me??

JohnnyRotten
    JohnnyRotten's Avatar Become A Pro!

theres no way liverpool finish top 3, utd, city and chelsea are all too good and will spend big.

best liverpool will get is 4th

Irish Jet
    Irish Jet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

loliverpoolol

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRotten View Post
    theres no way liverpool finish top 3, utd, city and chelsea are all too good and will spend big. best liverpool will get is 4th
    yes Chelsea are good... but City will do better and Liverpool will surprise... I think this year will be ALL ABOUT the top 4 destroying the bottom 10-12... will be interesting for sure.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

I see Liverpool ahead of Chelsea as it stands right now. .. Chelsea is old but we will have to see with transfers and what a new coach will do for them as well as who Torres is this year. .. think it could be a great race for sure

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can definitely see Liverpool making top 4 next year, especially if they stay active in the transfer market. Cannot see them contending for the title though. ManU is only going to get stronger and think they easily win the title next year.

muwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeautifulGame View Post

What you talking about?

muwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    they were probably the hottest team to end the season
    How have you figured this one out?

In January they were 19 points behind United and finished 22 points behind them, while United had to maintain their lead and were still competing in 2 other competitions till the end of the season. They were 10 points behind Chelsea in January and finished 13 points behind them also.

People are getting excited because they played well in some big games.

Creditsforedits
    Creditsforedits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1745

People are getting excited because they played well in some big games.
    There is also a lot of excitement around "King Kenny", but when you compare the Dalglish era to the Hodgson era then he looks like Mourinho. There is also the fact that they will be starting this season with all the ownership issues firmly sorted (deal with New England Sports Ventures was not finished until 15th oct).. so there are some reasons behind the excitement, plus they have done their usual of going nuts in the transfer market paying a lot of money for players that could be the next big thing, but noone really knows.. They clearly improved in the season, but like I say I think i could have improved on Hodgson but next season will be a huge test... I think its 50/50 that Dalglish is still there at the end of the season!

muwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by Creditsforedits View Post
    There is also a lot of excitement around "King Kenny", but when you compare the Dalglish era to the Hodgson era then he looks like Mourinho. There is also the fact that they will be starting this season with all the ownership issues firmly sorted (deal with New England Sports Ventures was not finished until 15th oct).. so there are some reasons behind the excitement, plus they have done their usual of going nuts in the transfer market paying a lot of money for players that could be the next big thing, but noone really knows.. They clearly improved in the season, but like I say I think i could have improved on Hodgson but next season will be a huge test... I think its 50/50 that Dalglish is still there at the end of the season!
    Exactly. He's definitely made a difference but the adoration has gotten out of control. They were under no pressure when Hodgson left, this is where clubs like Arsenal shine (where it matters the least). So we'll just have to see how they handle it next season.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

People are forgetting that we played the end of the season without Carroll, Gerrard, Agger, Johnson, Aurelio, Raul for some part etc. Plenty of injuries and we still managed to do well.

Spending this transfer market, along with some seniors making regular appearances, and no baggage of the UEFA Cup, and we'll see a rejuvenated side under King Kenny and Steve Clarke.

Chelsea are a ******* joke with their managerial circus and I hope it affects them. Arsenal will be the team that will most likely replaced in the top 4.

Just hoping we carry the momentum from the end of last season.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Man I'm a Rangers fan but in the early 80's a group of us made a couple of trips to watch Liverpool matches , now that really was LIVERPOOL (The Shankley dream had come to fruition ) and i'll always cherish the memories of them even though matches we saw were versus inferior opposition (Bristol City andSunderland ) but cant help thinking that 30 years later Liverpool still being judged against those great great sides and even their recent success in Europe doesn't get the credit it deserves . Fact is Liverpool F C having never won the EPL (Premiership) is astounding and i think and hope they will rectify that in the coming years , but as long as Media / Fans gonna compare present day pool teams to those of the Hughes , Dalglish , Sounness , Rush etc etc etc Era then they are going to be disappointed , bit unfair on the likes of Steven Gerard (only Liverpool player who,d have got a game of fives at training back then ) Good luck Pool and all Fitba fans , not long to go now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cheers, tbb. I remember talking to you on another website, and it really hit home when you said "Back in the 80s, we never thought Liverpool's domination would ever be over".

Just hoping we're back to our best soon.