eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

United are a very very tough team to beat. Especially at home, where they will be pretty much playing in Saturday. 18 wins and a draw this season in the PL. If they can neutralize Messi, and I think they can, the came can be theirs for the grabbing.

samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by eleuropeano View Post
    United are a very very tough team to beat. Especially at home, where they will be pretty much playing in Saturday. 18 wins and a draw this season in the PL. If they can neutralize Messi, and I think they can, the came can be theirs for the grabbing.
    How can you say playing at Wembley is the same thing as playing at OT? The whole point of home advantage is you know the pitch like the back of your hand. Most pitches have unique dimensions, some styles of play work better on some pitches than others. At home the majority of fans there are your fans, everything works in your favour. Wembley is not Old Trafford. Half the fans at Wembley are going to be Barca fans. So what if it is in England? The majority of Man Utd's away games this year have been in England, you think that was of any help to them?

And how do Utd neutralise Messi? You've just casually discounted one of the most important factors of this game, the Messi factor. To assume Utd will just find a way to neutralise him is pretty niave in what is a huge game for Messi.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Under 2.5 for me

dxunchuk
    dxunchuk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

maybe really playing under or over is better choice then betting on winning

iuliux
    iuliux's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not a Barcelona fan but I hope that they'l beat MU.
    For Liverpool

Badgers13
    Badgers13's Avatar Become A Pro!

no its definitely going over

tachi
    tachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

ARSENE WENGER believes Manchester United can exploit exhaustion among Barcelona players to secure the club’s fourth European Cup at Wembley next week, with the Arsenal manager claiming the Catalans have been “on their knees” in recent weeks.Wenger put aside his long-standing rivalry with Alex Ferguson to insist the Scot is the only choice for manager of the year after regaining the English Premier League title and leading his team to a third Champions League final in four seasons.
    The Frenchman suggested Ferguson would never have a better opportunity to defeat Barcelona on this stage.
    “I believe against Barcelona, on what I have seen in the last three weeks, there will never be a better moment to win it against them,” said Wenger. “They look quite exhausted and Manchester United look quite sharp physically in the last three or four games.
    “For me it takes three weeks to recover physically, I’m not sure Barcelona will have had enough time. They looked on their knees so I would give United a good chance.
    “It will be an advantage playing at Wembley. But you know Barcelona will have the ball for 70 per cent of the time and United will have to be very efficient in the time they will have the ball, no matter what kind of tactics they decide. I have an instinctive feeling United will change their style and go for a rougher midfield, a more direct display than they did in Rome.
    “That can mean playing (Javier) Hernandez still, but using him as a runner to go very direct. I don’t know what they will decide, but that is basically the only uncertainty. You know how Barcelona will play. But Ferguson is my manager of the season. They are in the Champions League final, they have won the championship. It can only be Ferguson.”

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

have any of you looked at the stats this year???

utd havent beat any of the top 6 epl teams away from .

wembley like a home game? eh dont think so, tickets split between teams and the rest go to uefa.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by samus82 View Post

How can you say playing at Wembley is the same thing as playing at OT? The whole point of home advantage is you know the pitch like the back of your hand. Most pitches have unique dimensions, some styles of play work better on some pitches than others. At home the majority of fans there are your fans, everything works in your favour. Wembley is not Old Trafford. Half the fans at Wembley are going to be Barca fans. So what if it is in England? The majority of Man Utd's away games this year have been in England, you think that was of any help to them?

And how do Utd neutralise Messi? You've just casually discounted one of the most important factors of this game, the Messi factor. To assume Utd will just find a way to neutralise him is pretty niave in what is a huge game for Messi.
    I think the comparison about the stadium is wrong! In EPL u go to another stadium where 75% of fans are of the other team!

Here u may have 50-50 or even a little more for United.

Messi can be neutralized, some teams showed it this season! 2nd did u forget Messi still hasn´t scored in England! Let"s see how it will be for him this time! When they played Arsenal Messi seemed kind of desperate to score! So it may play against Barca!

LasNoches777
    LasNoches777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barcelona champion.

samus82

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    I think the comparison about the stadium is wrong! In EPL u go to another stadium where 75% of fans are of the other team!

Here u may have 50-50 or even a little more for United.

Messi can be neutralized, some teams showed it this season! 2nd did u forget Messi still hasn´t scored in England! Let"s see how it will be for him this time! When they played Arsenal Messi seemed kind of desperate to score! So it may play against Barca!
    Err yeah latinrus that's my point... The guy I quoted said that it will be liking Utd playing at home, but I made the point that at home you have the majority of the fans, whereas at Wembley it will be an even split.

And I never said Messi couldn't be neutralised, I criticised how the poster just casually said it like it would be easy without any explaination as to how. Oh and who cares if Messi hasn't scored in England, he hasn't played that many matches here. If you watched the Arsenal games you would have seen that Messi should have scored a few times. In fact in the most recent game here he did score one that was wrongly judged to be offside.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Many Barcelona fans will be stuck in mainland Europe cause UK airspace will be closed on Saturday. To Bad

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Many Barcelona fans will be stuck in mainland Europe cause UK airspace will be closed on Saturday. To Bad
    now thats relevant..

shakinakin
    shakinakin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I have never said that united should be favoured but to say the EPL is weak shows you know nothing about football.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by barcelonafc View Post
    have any of you looked at the stats this year???

utd havent beat any of the top 6 epl teams away from .

wembley like a home game? eh dont think so, tickets split between teams and the rest go to uefa.
    3-1 win over Chelsea (Aug 8th @ Wembley) Community Shield
    1-0 win over Chelsea (Apr 6th @ the Bridge) Champions League.

Pretty sure Chelsea finished 2nd...what's your point?

tankman777
    tankman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

barca will rip man yoo a new one

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post

heard on sky sports news that barcelona will pay for and provide alternate methods of travel for people with tickets and no way to get there becuase of the ash cloud or something

barcelonafc

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil11 View Post
    3-1 win over Chelsea (Aug 8th @ Wembley) Community Shield
    1-0 win over Chelsea (Apr 6th @ the Bridge) Champions League.

Pretty sure Chelsea finished 2nd...what's your point?
    community shield means nothing, and did u see how bad chelsea were that night?

my point is this year they havent beat any of the better teams in the epl away from ot so u must be a thick fukk if u think theyll beat barca, typical utd fan, i remember the last cl final, barca done u and u idiots thought you would win.

Soon2BRich

records dont mean shit in games like this. ITS THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!!

samus82

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BRich View Post
    No one would disagree if you said anything can happen in 90 minutes of football, but at the end of the day we on this forum rely on information to place our bets. Previous records can not predict the game's outcome but they can help you to evaluate the situation better. For example looking at Utd's and Barca's scoring record would be a good idea if I was considering betting on the over/under markets.

The statistics suggest a Barcelona win, you can't argue against it, but that doesn't guarantee Barca win.

fleeced
    fleeced's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barcelona... more than just a football club

barcelonafc

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BRich View Post

can wait for barca to wipe the smile of fergusons face,

colchonero10
    colchonero10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Barca just annoy the shit out of me now. After busquets did his little peeking eye while covering his face thing, I've been turned off.
    exactly.

barcelona have shown they can be turned off in a one-off, so barca must be favorites but not massive favorites.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Stop arguing... this year is not a Pep's year, it's Alex year. Look how his team got lucky when they were into every games, they are just so so lucky and this game will end 1-0 (the only goal is scored by Chicha) he gets a delivery by Valencia in the right wings or Rooney. That's it!

Soon2BRich

bring it on.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I can also wait... but it will be a while

p.s. I know what you meant...

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4425

Barc is a better team .. my money is on Barc

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cannot stand Barcelona so I will be rooting for ManU. Have yet to decide if I will make a bet on the game.

First 12