Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Soccer Fans - Why We Need Replay

Pathetic effort from the ref on the field and linesmen. Bring in replay and eliminate partial possibility of games being fixed.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Replay is not in the near future for Soccer. Too conservative sport. Unchanged for 100+ years. Too bad.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

It's silly that replay isn't being brought in, why not have the correct outcome rather than have fans, and managers complain.

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17810

They should start to bring videos. Don't have to do everything at once, but some are easy to implement and won't slow the game down at all.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

I agree the sport needs replay, at minimum goal line replay...

tachi
    tachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_bond View Post
    Replay is not in the near future for Soccer. Too conservative sport. Unchanged for 100+ years. Too bad.
    soccer needs videos to be a fair sport.
    we see every year how UEFA determines the results in the Champions League-penalties,offsides,red cards- the refs make "mistakes" all of the time.But for specific teams only.

Barca qualified for the final with a big scandal for the second time.
    In 2009 Chelsea players wanted to beat the ref ,his decisions qualified Barca

This year,Barca vs Arsenal-a red card for Arsenal+a penalty for Barca
    Real Madrid vs Barca -a red card for Real
    Barca vs Real- Real scored a goal,the ref said not by the rules

All these cases were "mistakes" -in fact the ref had a task from UEFA.

Only the press could stop the mob.(uefa).
    Last edited by tachi; 05-22-11 at 04:32 AM.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Quote Originally Posted by TT22 View Post
    They should start to bring videos. Don't have to do everything at once, but some are easy to implement and won't slow the game down at all.
    This is the thing that FIFA needs to realise - they keep using "not slowing the game down" as an excuse not to implement goal-line technology, but once you take into account the 2-3 minutes of the players arguing with the Ref about whether it was a goal or not, then someone upstairs (4th or 5th official) should have had enough time to look at it the replays and make a decision.

Also how it cant be that difficult to implement the same "Hawkeye" technology that they use so accurately in Tennis + Cricket - obviously dont want to use it for every decision (fouls, offsides etc) but purely as a goal-line technology then it should be more than enough !

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No clue what's going on in these clips, replay isn't helping me here.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    No clue what's going on in these clips, replay isn't helping me here.
    Dont think there is an issue with the first couple of goals in the clip, but towards the end they show a replay of a ball that comes off the crossbar, appears to cross the goal-line and bounces back out to the keeper which they call a no-goal.

Picture quality is poor, but to me it looks like the ball is well over the line and is just the spin of ball takes it back out again...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    Dont think there is an issue with the first couple of goals in the clip, but towards the end they show a replay of a ball that comes off the crossbar, appears to cross the goal-line and bounces back out to the keeper which they call a no-goal.

Picture quality is poor, but to me it looks like the ball is well over the line and is just the spin of ball takes it back out again...
    gotcha, I saw the last one but was wondering what was wrong with the first two. reminds me of this but backwards.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Luv That penalty vid in knots here haha - yup deff time for technology on goallines and stopping the clock to thwart time wasting

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by truebluebear View Post
    Luv That penalty vid in knots here haha - yup deff time for technology on goallines and stopping the clock to thwart time wasting

Yeah I agree with stopping the clock for stoppages in play as well - the current system is far too subjective and is another thing that seems to cause all sorts of arguments and controversy if/when there is a goal scored over the supposed injury time limit.

Perfect example of this is the Liverpool/Arsenal game recently with Wenger coming out after the game and saying "liverpool equalised in the 100th minute when should only have been 8 minutes of injury time"

Now I can see his point of view, but he didnt take into account that it took his team roughly 2 minutes to take their penalty and finish celebrating, plus roughly another 2 minutes for the liverpool freekick/subsequent penalty to be played - all of which should rightfully should be added on to the 8 minutes, so cant really complain.

The problem is that once the 4th official has flashed up the number of extra minutes to be played, any stoppages after that are purely down to the ref's judgement - whereas stopping the clock each time would keep things far more accurate.

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Not for replay but wouldn't mind some sort of goal line technology like tennis with the cyclops on serves.

Looks like FIFA might be for this finally too. http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport...l/13491386.stm

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

if they didnt do it after the world cup they wont do it anytime soon. i remember 2 clear wrong decisions being made that would have benefited from video technology.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Many people want the game to stay as subjective as possible, this way it's easier to manipulate decisions and opinions.