Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Fixed Match?

Spread Moneyline
    Inter pk -101 +306
    Napoli pk -114 +306

Draw -131

Why would there be juice when picking either on the spread and the spread is a pick? While the moneyline has huge plus winnings? Can someone explain? Not to mention the draw being juiced.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Spread Moneyline
    Inter pk -101 +306
    Napoli pk -114 +306

Draw -131

Why would there be juice when picking either on the spread and the spread is a pick? While the moneyline has huge plus winnings? Can someone explain? Not to mention the draw being juiced.
    there is no juice here!!!... Pass this one.
    The game looks like it is fixed, But Italian leagues are having these kinda odds every week, for some games yes the draw is fixed, but for some others, it is disguise , making people jump on the draw, and very unexpected result may come, stay away from it ...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by makman View Post
    there is no juice here!!!... Pass this one.
    The game looks like it is fixed, But Italian leagues are having these kinda odds every week, for some games yes the draw is fixed, but for some others, it is disguise , making people jump on the draw, and very unexpected result may come, stay away from it ...
    Can you explain to me why there is such a high payout on the moneyline and the spread is a pick with very little juice?

makman

Can you explain to me why there is such a high payout on the moneyline and the spread is a pick with very little juice?
    It is very simple, because the draw odds are very low, much lower than usual, in the spread there is no odds for draw, since it is like DNB where the handicap is 0

In other words, the odds for the draw is as low as -133, which in most of the football games this is around +250. Since the odds for the draw is very low and since the bookmakers has to keep their overround figure above 100% always, an they like to keep it somewhere around 105%, the odds for ML for home and away win increased. This is very natural.

For the spread since there are two figures sum up the overround, and chance of both teams are fairly equal, the odds are around "even odds" -114 and -101, or whatever in different books

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

It is very simple, because the draw odds are very low, much lower than usual, in the spread there is no odds for draw, since it is like DNB where the handicap is 0

In other words, the odds for the draw is as low as -133, which in most of the football games this is around +250. Since the odds for the draw is very low and since the bookmakers has to keep their overround figure above 100% always, an they like to keep it somewhere around 105%, the odds for ML for home and away win increased. This is very natural.

For the spread since there are two figures sum up the overround, and chance of both teams are fairly equal, the odds are around "even odds" -114 and -101, or whatever in different books
    But what Im saying is, why would anyone play the spread since its a pk @ -114 when the moneyline is the same thing as a pk and its paying over +300? Doesnt make sense. The spread and moneyline are the same thing since the spread is a pk but spread is juiced while moneyline is over +300.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

But what Im saying is, why would anyone play the spread since its a pk @ -114 when the moneyline is the same thing as a pk and its paying over +300? Doesnt make sense. The spread and moneyline are the same thing since the spread is a pk but spread is juiced while moneyline is over +300.
    You get your money back on PK if it draws

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

this is a simple one to answer. A PK and a ML wager in soccer are two totally different things. PK means a spread of 0. ML means the team must win. If you pick the PK option you get a push if the game ends in a draw. The lines for this game indicate the draw as a heavily favored outcome. If you took the ML on either team and the game ended in a draw you would lose your money, however, on the other hand if you took the PK option you would get a push if the game ended in a draw. So think of it like this to make it clearer PK=0 ML= -.5

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

This match will not Draw; I'm going to put 1 unit on each team to win, as long as it doesn't Draw I'll double my money.
    Last edited by RoagBettor; 05-13-11 at 12:45 PM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Oh ok guys, I see now, yea Roag I was thinking to do that and go small.

makman

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    This match will not Draw; I'm going to put 1 unit on each team to win, as long as it doesn't Draw I'll double my money.
    if you are so sure of no draw here, Why you simply dont put your money on double chance (12) Your book doesnt offer that bet????

Supamanu
    Supamanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1085

if you are so sure of no draw here, Why you simply dont put your money on double chance (12) Your book doesnt offer that bet????
    His prolly doesn't bc hes in the US and uses 5dimes which doesn't offer that stuff.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

This is not uncommon in Italy.

There are suspicions of "arranged draw", so the market favors the draw. That doesn't mean these games always end in draws. They often do not.

It's usually because of the position of the two sides in the standings, where a draw works out for them.