Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Chelsea

I think the main reason why Chelsea losed against United was due to the strange line-up. I can't understand why Torres was in the line-up.... If Torres was replaced by Anelka/drogba, the offensive would have been stronger. Some people said it's not Ancelotti who decided to put Torres in the line-up, but IMO it's a big error, especially when this one wasn't good in the first leg... both Anelka and Drogba were more dangerous... I still can't understand why Drogba wasn't in the line-up longer than Torres....

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chelsea is doing this to their own disadvantage if Ancelotti isn't picking the team. Just have a look at Sheva, and what he did to the team. Not saying Torres is a bad player, but when it is time to drop the player, you have to and can't play him based on favouritism.

What could have played in Ancelotti's mind is how Torres killed Vidic when Liverpool played against United.

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Chelsea isn't a good team for Torres, Sheva had a bad experience there as well, but he at least scored few goals.... Torres didn't score any goals, and he wasn't dangerous (except one or two time) against United. Drogba on the other hand was hot in both 1st and 2nd leg, but he almost didn't play.... when I saw the same line-up in 2nd leg I jumped on United as I was sure this chelsea line-up can't score...

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    I think the main reason why Chelsea losed against United was due to the strange line-up. I can't understand why Torres was in the line-up.... If Torres was replaced by Anelka/drogba, the offensive would have been stronger. Some people said it's not Ancelotti who decided to put Torres in the line-up, but IMO it's a big error, especially when this one wasn't good in the first leg... both Anelka and Drogba were more dangerous... I still can't understand why Drogba wasn't in the line-up longer than Torres....
    Torres is overrated!

WTF he has done?

He has been the best striker of a league? he can take a team by himself?

overrated mofo! How can u pay him that much money????

just cause he scored one goal on the Eurocup final???

What he did with Liverpool? Atletico de Madrid? Spanish team?

He's not a big one and he'll never be IMO! He doesn't have the quality to do it!

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

absolutely agree with latinrus on that one.

GMilst
    GMilst's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that Torres is way way way overrated, but the only reason Chelsea payed THAT much, is that he was bought on the very last day of the transfer window -otherwise he would have gone for a lot less than that- (and he is Abrahmovich fetish too ).
    Must add that Liverpool made the deal of the century there, they sold Torres and got Luis Suarez for half of that.

DHB

Suarez is a dirty rat, what he did to Ghana in the WC.
    I used to like Liverpool before he came.

GMilst

What he did is A-OK in my book. He was sent off, what else do you want? Its a world cup QF, its all or nothing, i would ve done the same thing and i suspect you too. You might feel that way because everyone roots for the underdog, i bet that if they were playing against Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Netherlands, Germany or you name it... you would be saying he is a hero or something along those lines. There is no reason to hate. Those are my 2 cents.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

did Suarez miss the Penalty Kick???? Nope Ghana sent their best striker in to face the goalkeeper all alone and Ghana missed their chance off the crossbar. Uruguay was playing to win the game and they did what needed to be done. To me it's no different than an intentional foul at the end of a basketball game to let the other team shoot FT's. It's up to the other team to make the FT's if they want to win. In this case it was a penalty kick and Suarez had to miss the next match!!!

GMilst

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    did Suarez miss the Penalty Kick???? Nope Ghana sent their best striker in to face the goalkeeper all alone and Ghana missed their chance off the crossbar. Uruguay was playing to win the game and they did what needed to be done. To me it's no different than an intentional foul at the end of a basketball game to let the other team shoot FT's. It's up to the other team to make the FT's if they want to win. In this case it was a penalty kick and Suarez had to miss the next match!!!
    exactly this

DHB

if he fouled the player or physically stopped him from scoring somehow, then fair enough.
    but he used his hand to stop the goal, thats just dirty.

and no i would not do the same. i'd rather my team lose fairly than go through via dirty means.

but you're right Ghana did have their chance to make up, too bad they didn't convert.

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    Torres is overrated! WTF he has done? He has been the best striker of a league? he can take a team by himself? overrated mofo! How can u pay him that much money???? just cause he scored one goal on the Eurocup final??? What he did with Liverpool? Atletico de Madrid? Spanish team? He's not a big one and he'll never be IMO! He doesn't have the quality to do it!
    yes hes been great player for Liverpool at Atletico he was the King but he got hurt and it takes time for him to come back stop bashin one of the most talented strikers in the world he will prove himself next season

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lookin good.. WBA´s defense is a joke.. well.. except from Jonas Olsson