irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Thinking of putting $5,000 on Man Utd this Weekend

I just got a fat paycheck so I've got money to spend plus I have tickets to the match.Utd rested and rearing to go. These are the sorts of games they historically win and it will make it really exciting for me at the stadium. I give them a 85%+ chance of winning. My only doubt is WH's recent form. It has come against crap teams but I am slightly worried.

griffdog
    griffdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

There are a lot better ways to spend $5k on Saturday's games. I love my team, and I think they'll come away with the win, but there's much better value out there bud.

Throw down on some Bundesliga overs.

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is definitely value for Man Utd ML. It is getting towards the end of the season, and both teams are desperate for the three points. It's not gonig to be easy for United and they will concede considering West Ham current form. It might be more adversible to play live on Man Utd ML.

Good luck, mate!

Aside:

I really like Wigan this weekend, it looks like it is going to end as a draw.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

negatives:
    -It's an away game
    -West Ham is fighting relegation
    -they are 5 points clear at the top

If I were to put that much money on a game it would at least be a PK. PK is around 1.30 to 1.40 so that's about 2k profit right there... Yes it's a crappy price but I think United might find it hard to score, draw is a good result for both teams, United won't like it but they will take it if WH puts on a show.

donkson
    donkson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1797

From memory, West Ham actually have a pretty good record against Utd, I remember the last few years they've pulled off some results against them in some important games.

Although their squad is basically entirely different now, West Ham are in half decent form. I agree with johon, go with the pk.

And I'd never have team in the epl at 85%+ to win an away game.

gl if you go for it though.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by donkson View Post
    From memory, West Ham actually have a pretty good record against Utd, I remember the last few years they've pulled off some results against them in some important games.

Although their squad is basically entirely different now, West Ham are in half decent form. I agree with johon, go with the pk.

And I'd never have team in the epl at 85%+ to win an away game.

gl if you go for it though.
    Okay, we lost the "Mickey Mouse" Cup game back in November, but we've pretty much had West Ham's number that last little while. We've beaten them the last 7 in the Premier league (H&A) and they haven't scored against us in the last 5. I don't expect West Ham to keep us off the score sheet either. If United want to win the league, they can't afford to drop points to West Ham. No excuse after the International break giving alot of the older and banged up players time to rest and heal.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Bottom line: if 5k is a big bet for you take the PK. It's not a good price but at least you won't get screwed by 40 cents because of a draw.

harry
    harry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Where did you get 85% from?! If it was that I'd load up on it!

Your looking at 50-55% at best! If you don't believe me look at the odds!

I wouldn't touch United away

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

griff dog which overs you like

AbleFollow
    AbleFollow's Avatar Become A Pro!

totally agree with Griffgod. "There are a lot better ways to spend $5k on Saturday's games."

samm29
    samm29's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man United will definitly win this weekend !!!

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

WH have lost their 3 other games at home against the top 4 (chelsea, arsenal and man city) by 2 goals, 2 goals and 3 goals

griffdog
    griffdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Looking at Hoffenheim/Hamburg SV and Werder Bremen/Stuttgart. Those appeal to me the most.

Big one for me today is in Holland. Sparta Rotterdam/RKC Waalwijk over 3. Going to be raining goals in that one.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by irlandais_noir View Post
    WH have lost their 3 other games at home against the top 4 (chelsea, arsenal and man city) by 2 goals, 2 goals and 3 goals
    West Ham were also rooted to the bottom of the table for most of the season. Things can change. They are now in a good run with only one loss in their last 7 league matches (3-1-3).

United should win, but 5k cmon now.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

The best you can play on manchester united is a pick. But it wouldn't hurt MU if it is a Draw, no doubt.