latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strike in "La Liga"

La Liga - Spanish strike 'still on'
    Tue, 22 Mar 21:30:00 2011

Email
    Print
    Spain's professional league (LFP) has reiterated a threat to postpone a round of matches next month over a dispute with the government about a rule that one La Liga game per matchday be shown on free TV.

RELATED LINKS
    Messi, Mourinho football's top earners
    Liga table
    Talks between league officials, the government and parliamentary groups had failed to produce any progress, the LFP, which represents first and second division clubs, said in a statement.
    "Therefore, the LFP stands by the decision... to postpone the matchday which corresponds to April 3, until there are concrete developments in the dialogue with the administration," the statement said.
    The LFP, which has the backing of the Spanish football federation (RFEF), wants to scrap the free match rule to help strengthen clubs' bargaining powers in negotiations on audiovisual rights with TV companies.
    They also want guarantees about how much cash they are entitled to receive from betting and lottery revenue.
    On the weekend under threat, April 2/3, La Liga leaders Barcelona are due to play at Villarreal, while second-placed Real Madrid host Sporting Gijon.
    Reuters

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/220320...sh-strike.html

What do u guys think?

THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think this is a good idea, they should play the games as scheduled

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THA_DIESEL View Post
    I don't think this is a good idea, they should play the games as scheduled
    I agree is not a good idea. But they´re really decided to not play next week if the don't get an agreement about the television rights for the game they should give every week on open TV.