Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

New forum suggestion

Please create a second "Players Talk" forum (name is subject to change).

Here are the rules for that forum. Any poster should be allowed to post in this forum but by doing so the poster loses a privilege to post in the original "Players Talk" forum. Any poster of that new forum who post in the original "Players Talk" forum loses a privilege to post in the new forum. Fair and simple, either this or that. Posting in the wrong forum should result in 3-7 days ban. SBR staff can post in both forums, of course.

I think this will attract some of the posters who are not very fond of the current "Players Talk" forum and do not post there much or at all while the posters who enjoy it will be able to go on.

There should be no additional moderating and technical needs. Let the forum member monitor membership themselves.

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think this is needed.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Data is someone I'd call a friend, since he's always been there for me to help with whatever I've ever needed, so I definitely back him up on this. This is a good idea.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Very good idea. I suggested months ago the creation of a "jjgold forum" with full priviledges for videos, photoshop, ghost accounts, etc and whatever else pleases him and makes his day.

Data

ChuteBoxe, thak you for the kind words, sir, I am glad to be of service.

pavyracer, thank you for your support, sir.

Gentlemen, I would be glad to end up in the same forum as you. Now, lets spread the word and form a lobby.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Sounds like we are talking about punishment for someone making a private forum-type of post?

Data

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Sounds like we are talking about punishment for someone making a private forum-type of post?
    No, why?

The idea is giving the posters what they want without limiting the others to enjoy what they like.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Data's idea makes sense. It will actually weed the ghosts out. Deuce can't live without jjgold and vice versa. The moment Deuce moves to the "new PT forum", jjgold has to follow him there. Once this is done, they can't join the original PT and me and Data can't talk about sports instead of broads and mafia.

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Last edited by Nicky Santoro; 06-03-08 at 02:36 AM.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Data's idea makes sense. It will actually weed the ghosts out. Deuce can't live without jjgold and vice versa. The moment Deuce moves to the "new PT forum", jjgold has to follow him there. Once this is done, they can't join the original PT and me and Data can't talk about sports instead of broads and mafia.

I see the point of the original idea but lots of x factors involved there. Maybe the play is to eventually make a "All Sports & Only Sports" forum?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

The play is to transform Players Talk back into what it was, it'll be busier and have more gambling topics if you axe "Think Tank". Get real, that forum doesn't do much standing alone, let the serious handicappers back into the general population and you'll see less complaints about the maturity levels in the main forum.

Data

Maybe the play is to eventually make a "All Sports & Only Sports" forum?
    I do not think that will attract too many posters. In contrary, the Players Talk forum should remain as it is thanks to its popularity.

Bill, I cannot see any downside in creating another forum. Can you just give it a try as an experiment?

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

u
    Last edited by Nicky Santoro; 07-10-08 at 01:08 AM.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    The play is to transform Players Talk back into what it was, it'll be busier and have more gambling topics if you axe "Think Tank". Get real, that forum doesn't do much standing alone, let the serious handicappers back into the general population and you'll see less complaints about the maturity levels in the main forum.
    Actually the Players Talk encompasses all topics in the Think Tank as well so those who want the everything-forum see them. We use a forum plugin to do that. But the Players Talk moves along fast with less involved topics leaving the subforums as the best place to find capping discussion.

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this is a good idea. And label the forum OFF TOPIC for all non-sports related threads.

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

If you really want to generate some traffic, run a contest similar to survivor, so many correct consecutive picks wins you x prize. There is no telling how many people I got to join that game. It could be something as ridiculous as pick 50 consecutive games and win $1 million, or pick 25 consecutive and win $50,000. Nobody would ever hit either one of those but that wouldn't stop people from logging in and trying I know I would pick everyday. Just in case someone hits, in small print under the part where you give 50% to SBR for promotion tax, 15% back to the state in taxes, 10% processing fee, and then another 5% processing fee to the processor....you would only have to pay off 20% to the winner. Add your own rules and twist to the game: 12 consecutive wins earns you a mulligan, 2 picks per day Saturday's, Whole board available Friday's, ect.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by head_strong View Post
    If you really want to generate some traffic, run a contest similar to survivor, so many correct consecutive picks wins you x prize. There is no telling how many people I got to join that game. It could be something as ridiculous as pick 50 consecutive games and win $1 million, or pick 25 consecutive and win $50,000. Nobody would ever hit either one of those but that wouldn't stop people from logging in and trying I know I would pick everyday. Just in case someone hits, in small print under the part where you give 50% to SBR for promotion tax, 15% back to the state in taxes, 10% processing fee, and then another 5% processing fee to the processor....you would only have to pay off 20% to the winner. Add your own rules and twist to the game: 12 consecutive wins earns you a mulligan, 2 picks per day Saturday's, Whole board available Friday's, ect.
    Good concept, the only thing I dislike about something too Survivor oriented is a bunch of people are dead after the 1st day. Something you can be in day after day, or week after week I think may keep more peoples interest, other than just those that are in the mix.