Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

time for sticky warnings

As the forums getting busier it comes with no surprise that the stiffs show up trying to build the following. You know how it goes. I suggest you make a sticky on dealing between the posters, possibly describing some of the scamming schemes that the posters new to the scene may fall to.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

What scams do you think posters can fall into on the board? I think we have tightened things up but let us know if you see some holes.

Data

How could you have tightened up poster-to-poster personal dealings? The money transfers, fake credit lines, allowing access to SB accounts, that all comes up once they are chatting on IM or via email. It is the illusion of trustworthiness of some individuals comes to unsuspecting people from the forums.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because they sit in their underwear and read/heavily scan our private messages. In all seriousness, they probably have a script or something that notifies them of suspect keywords, but if people are going to casually exchange IM handles and get scammed from there there's not much management can do IMO.

Data

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    there's not much management can do IMO.
    I disagree. Education helps. The newbies are unaware of the pitfalls that seem obvious to people who have been around.