Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Edit window

This site must have the shortest edit window in the history of the internet. How long it is? One minute?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah it irks me sometimes too. I'm the type of person who usually thinks of a good line to add right after I've posted something, even though I'll sit proofreading before posting for 10 minutes anyway.

Then once I do touch up a line it'll show the edit. Makes me feel like others will perceive me as being indecisive or just not together, I'm very self conscious. Sometimes I'll lie and write "spelling" as my reason for editing even though I'm very anal about spelling correctly and that's never the reason, I just can't make up my mind and want to sound smart.

Maybe make it like 5 minutes? No one can alter their record in that time, and I highly doubt someone will "past post edit" within a window of 5 minutes at the start of a game if an opposing team scores.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

The time limit was set at three minutes, but I just checked and I guess someone has already upped it to five. There is the 'preview post' feature that allows you to proof your post before submitting. Just a thought.

I highly doubt someone will "past post edit" within a window of 5 minutes at the start of a game if an opposing team scores
    Perhaps I'm just a cynical sorta' guy, but I lean the other way and actually expect someone to do just that.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

The information I gave out above was incorrect...

The time limit to edit a thread title (by the person who started the thread) is five minutes. The time limit to edit a post before it shows edited by in the footer is three minutes.