Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

New SBR Odds Question...

Since Sean posted the link in a prior thread, I've been following the "new" SBR Odds that haven't officially launched yet (hopefully by June?). As is the case with nearly everything SBR does, I'm very impressed.

One question though. Why does Internet Explorer launch Quicktime when I bring up the new line service? Is that the program the new lines run through?

Keep up the great work, guys!

Sean
    Sean's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow ... not sure why Quicktime or any other media player would be launching. The new version of SBR Odds is primarily an HTML-based site ... no Flash, no "media" of any kind, nothing requiring additional software nor plugins. We'll check that out first thing tomorrow though. In the meantime, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else if they're experiencing a similar issue. As always, thanks for the feedback.

Senator7

I have also found that Firefox crashes when I try to run it with the new lines. It works, but then it appears that it can't process a line change and Firefox stops working and I have to re-start the session.

Are the new lines compatible with Vista?

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

when is this new version being released?

kasthor
    kasthor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Senator thank you for testing.

The SBR Odds program will emit a sound when a line changes, this functionality can be turned on or off.

The for that the program will try to use the default program to play the small sound file. In your case this program seems to be Quicktime which doesn't behave as expected, when using Windows Media Player it will not open a new player window.

To avoid this behavior you can either turn off the sound, or try to use Windows Media Player as your default WAV Player

On the other hand On Firefox i would like to know which plugin do you use to play WAV files, that could be determined using the steps on image 2

In any case we will research for an alternative solution to avoid this problems in the future

Thank you for the feedback provided and helping us improving the sbrodds program

Any other issue please don't hesitate in contact us through this post

1. IE

2. FireFox

Senator7

I made the changes you recommended. Firefox still crashes everytime a line changes. I don't get the color change or the sound.

In IE, I get the color change, but still no sound.

Could it be a compatability issue with Vista?
    Last edited by Senator7; 05-17-07 at 12:23 AM.

Senator7

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    I made the changes you recommended. Firefox still crashes everytime a line changes. I don't get the color change or the sound.

In IE, I get the color change, but still no sound.

Any other help or advice with this?

Everything works fine for me on both IE and Firefox with the Flash Beta Version lines.

Sean
    Sean's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    Senator7 ... what version of Vista are you using?

As for your issues with the sound file, that's most likely associated with your settings, as indicated by kasthor above.
    Last edited by Sean; 05-25-07 at 10:35 AM.

Senator7

I'm using Vista Home Basic.

I made the changes that kasthor recommended, but I still don't get sound. I'll get you a screenshot later when I'm at home.

I get sound just fine on the Beta Flash Version of SBR Odds.