asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    2) How tired do you get of guys telling you how sharp they are by posting "Wong" teasers across 3 & 7?
    Never

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

Ahrr yoo muss be tupid. The younger more inexperienced ones need guidance also Confucius. Now snatch the pebbrel from my hand Old Wise One....

\
    Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Everyone has known that for 30+ years

Try learning some new math

https://killersports.com/nfl/home

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    1) How many guys you know who've cleaned up on NFL teasers in the L5 years?

2) How tired do you get of guys telling you how sharp they are by posting "Wong" teasers across 3 & 7?

3) Are you going to continue to respect any guy who tells you the 2-teamers are still OK to play at -120?

4) How many Teasers got blistered on Rams/Dallas/GB or Min/Indy/New Eng (b4 it hit 3)?

5) How many Teaser pros bothered to consider the new NFL overtime rules? Indy ties, Pitt could have, too.

Truth is the books cleaned up on Teasers today so much that their wrist got tired from counting all the $$.
    Great thread topic Chucky. My input is simple... probably most won't like it.

1. How many times has someone said... wow... I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME... if I had +7 more on it. Or... I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME if I could get it at -1 instead of -7. Well... that's your 1st mistake. You're wasting time trying to figure out EXTRA POINTS. Psychologically, if you need extra points... you should BE OFF THE GAME already. And studying other games.

2. Screws with your overall rhythm.

3. Some gamblers are addicted to teasers... and haven't made a straight wager in the longest time.

To each their own... but if you wager teasers... you're wasting your time gambling. Go to the park and fly a kite.... or... set up a model train.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Moat View Post
    Ahrr yoo muss be tupid. The younger more inexperienced ones need guidance also Confucius. Now snatch the pebbrel from my hand Old Wise One....

\
    You really thought you had some groundbreaking information

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    1. How many times has someone said... wow... I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME... if I had +7 more on it. Or... I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME if I could get it at -1 instead of -7. Well... that's your 1st mistake. You're wasting time trying to figure out EXTRA POINTS. Psychologically, if you need extra points... you should BE OFF THE GAME already. And studying other games.
    Teasers have very little to do with handicapping the game. It's about evaluating how much certain points are worth in specific situations

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I don't play anything in the NFL unless it is + money.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Teasers have very little to do with handicapping the game. It's about evaluating how much certain points are worth in specific situations
    What? Teasing a game has very little to do with handicapping? So you're suggesting you could flip a coin and go any direction adding +6 to the favorite or dog of any game? If this was the case... people would be millionaires.

I don't think it works like that.

asiagambler

What? Teasing a game has very little to do with handicapping? So you're suggesting you could flip a coin and go any direction adding +6 to the favorite or dog of any game? If this was the case... people would be millionaires.

Of course it doesn't work like that. As I said, you need to ascertain which points are valuable in which situation. Everyone knows about Wong teasers going through 3 and 7 as our slow friend above pointed out. But that's why no one offers -110 anymore, not to mention teaser protection lines everywhere. But that's not the only profitable way to bet teasers. There are other situations that can hold similar value depending on other factors. Secondary key numbers have shifted too because of rules changes (the most prominent one being the extra point being moved back). That's where the SDQL comes in. And it's not just limited to football either

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 963

Yeah it's a great point

6 and 8 are key numbers now

And you have the missed xtra point problem now, though that's still no issue in college

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Teasers were very beatable years ago, but they change the odds on them

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

It has nothing to do with what I like and it has nothing to do with psychology. It is entirely about the probabilities. When laying -110 against a spread, if a team has 52.4% chance of covering, it is a good bet. If not, it is a bad bet. When getting an extra 6 points and laying -110 on a two-team teaser, if a team has a 72.4% chance of covering, it is a good bet. If not, it is a bad bet. Sometimes both the side and the teaser are good, sometimes neither one is good and sometimes both are good.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave TommieGunshot 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Shot, I'm in agreement with you. Put me in the camp of NOT believing anyone can go thru a season and bank profitable Teasers. The one asterisk I'll add is:

(Bart's comment in post 20)

*If you're talking about 2-team NFL teasers on a Playoff weekend...I absolutely believe that combination can be profitable.

The line is razor-sharp. You tack on the extra pts, can expect few surprises.

I simply don't believe people build reserves via Teasers. First off, what juice are you laying? -120 isn't the same as -110.

I've seen SO MANY hamburger videos where a guy will run down the NFL card as if they see clairvoyance. The prices at Wong-able #s are automatic plays for them. As if they let the teaser rules set the handicap.

I'm calling bullshit. I don't believe it at all.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Honestly hate teasers and hardly ever bet them as we've all seen what happens when a team doesn't show up and you can't calculate the crazy shit that happens near the end of the game like today's Steelers/Browns game
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave MiDNiTe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 12