alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Joe Biden is best president ever. More spending please. Vote Democrat. Thanks. Signed shorts sellers.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Let the crash begin! Thank you Joe Biden for spending and causing inflation to continue to rise once again! The high inflation report that came out today spooked investors. That is what is causing this crash.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Let the crash begin! Thank you Joe Biden for spending and causing inflation to continue to rise once again! The high inflation report that came out today spooked investors. That is what is causing this crash.
    Crashed all the way back to levels not seen since...checks notes...last week.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

I bought more Apple shares today. What a discount, lol.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

The country is dying on so many fronts.
    VERY SAD

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He's a complete baffoon the likes of which we've never seen before.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Fishhead 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    The country is dying on so many fronts.
    VERY SAD
    Yes it has, but, we have an election coming that can reverse things quite dramatically. Then when 2024 hits, take the Presidency back.

Never should have lost it in the first place.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Yes it has, but, we have an election coming that can reverse things quite dramatically. Then when 2024 hits, take the Presidency back.

Would be great to see, but not likely.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

not a fan of this POTUS by any stretch but the factors that affect the market are so much more than the POTUS policy whether R or L.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

I bought more Apple shares today. What a discount, lol.
    Yasssss!

this is the way to do it.

RangeFinder

Futures are up right now in all indices. Let's hope for a good open to jump in and out of a quick trade.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Crashed all the way back to levels not seen since...checks notes...last week.
    SPY came right back down to a trend line that was produced with the most recent lows. I would not be surprised to see a bounce here. The QQQs are driving the bus however after finally getting above that very same trendline made from recent lows for only 2 days, its right back below.
    One of my favorite indicators $DJT had a chance to close above a gap fill today but didn't, this is a tell in my book of lower prices to come but wouldn't be surprised to see some big movement in both directions this week because of the quad option expiration thing.

My sell the rip feeling that started today is on hold for a few days here, as the entire potential downside play was done today. Now with indices sitting around the trendlines, it will be a wait and see with hair triggers for any direction I see going into the end of the week.
    So pretty much just day trading lightly for me going forward.
    Still have some long term Puts in both the SPY and QQQ that don't expire until just before December.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    SPY came right back down to a trend line that was produced with the most recent lows. I would not be surprised to see a bounce here. The QQQs are driving the bus however after finally getting above that very same trendline made from recent lows for only 2 days, its right back below.
    One of my favorite indicators $DJT had a chance to close above a gap fill today but didn't, this is a tell in my book of lower prices to come but wouldn't be surprised to see some big movement in both directions this week because of the quad option expiration thing.

My sell the rip feeling that started today is on hold for a few days here, as the entire potential downside play was done today. Now with indices sitting around the trendlines, it will be a wait and see with hair triggers for any direction I see going into the end of the week.
    So pretty much just day trading lightly for me going forward.
    Still have some long term Puts in both the SPY and QQQ that don't expire until just before December.
    It's just a matter of a short time period where markets will ignore the macro conditions. I think next week we see a trend up. For the rest of this week ( you mentioned the options expiring on Friday), I think it's going to be choppy. So your in and out trades might work pretty good.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

He'll have to use your sharpie to have a write in vote 'cause he won't even make the ticket. Watch he'll run as an independent so you can get some use out of that sharpie.

Slurry Pumper

Well yesterday, I bought some Calls (Strike $392) that expire tomorrow and next Friday. Just looking for a little pop here for the ones that expire on Friday and maybe a continuation into next week if things start back up the mountain. On Tuesday the SPY came down to a trend line, and yesterday we got a doji candle stick on the daily chart. Looking for the SPY to get to and stay above $395.25. First on 10, 15 and 30 minute candle sticks before I add to the position while knowing that there is significant resistance at the $397 area.
    As always and especially this week, I got my hand on the trigger incase things start to go south. Getting below $393.50 on those 10,15,and 30 minute candle closes will be enough for me to leave and take what would be a tiny little profit.
    The real line in the sand is the low from yesterday at $391ish. Below that and we will see $390 again and then the $388.50 which is a yet unclosed gap from a while ago. If we find the market down there. It will more than likely be a good support spot creating a rebound of some sort of at least intraday trend change.

RangeFinder

Bought a call on SPY but got my hand on the trigger like you, Slur. I trust this market like not at all. There is a lot of money on the sidelines and I'm hoping it gets pt to work, but that may be waiting for another dip. Some weak hands may get washed out and send this thing lower again so I'm own the button if I see Spy hit 392ish. You have your line at 391, but close enough. A real gamble today. I hate it, but it is what it is.

I put in a Oct 7 383 Call. Delta 70. Should be safe, kinda, lol.
    Last edited by RangeFinder; 09-15-22 at 08:01 AM.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

thinking about hiring an intern who's awake at night for market updates

female
    18-21
    athletic

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    thinking about hiring an intern who's awake at night for market updates

female
    18-21
    athletic
    "market updates".
    Does she have to be attentive to detail?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Bought a call on SPY but got my hand on the trigger like you, Slur. I trust this market like not at all. There is a lot of money on the sidelines and I'm hoping it gets pt to work, but that may be waiting for another dip. Some weak hands may get washed out and send this thing lower again so I'm own the button if I see Spy hit 392ish. You have your line at 391, but close enough. A real gamble today. I hate it, but it is what it is.

I put in a Oct 7 383 Call. Delta 70. Should be safe, kinda, lol.
    if that cash can make 3-4% safely then the stock market is a tougher sell than the recent past

past 10 yrs or so have been spoiled because there was no other place to go with cash and get a return

with rates over 6% housing has to crash at some point, right? people can't even afford their rent, let alone 30k in annual interest for an average home

milwaukee mike

looks like fedex taking the market down another notch

sept/oct every 7 years (shemitah) are the danger zone

not 2015

every one of those years, the market had an ugly situation in sept/oct, including some real doozies like the crash of 1987, 9/11/01, and the financial crisis of 2008... history doesn't necessarily repeat itself but it often rhymes

Slurry Pumper

Yesterday after the 3rd time bumping up against the $395 area I sold those calls took the hint and bought some PUTS. Then late in the day when we got near that $388.50ish spot there was indeed an end of the day bounce back to 390. I didn't participate in that bounce and this morning it looks like things are ready to gap down to end the week.
    I know several of you are looking at that big ass juicy head and shoulders pattern that is at the current time making a play with the right shoulder having closed below the neck line yesterday. So is it down to $325 on the S&P for next week? Maybe, but be careful today as it is still the quad expiration for the options, and a out of nowhere rescue operation can be in the cards. In fact a good spot for a shakeout shimmy is between $385 - $382.50. If you see the SPY down there this morning and it doesn't seem like it is going down any more, it may be a spot where the paramedics will show up with a defibrillator and jump start a short squeeze into the weekend curtesy of the trick, trap, fool, and fuk you sideways crew.

My favorite leading indicators $DJT, and IWM both had relative strength yesterday although they were down a little bit. But both indices are above the neck line of the head and shoulders trend line and have a little space to give on the way down. I see the setup with the markets set to gap down pretty good.
    My plan is to unload some of those PUTS from yesterday right off the opening run down and actually buy some out of the money calls this morning with the strike price right at my pivot line from yesterday of $391. Right now they are listed at $1.47, but with the expiration being later today, and the 30 point drop in hte SPY this morning, I expect to be able to pick these up sub $0.50. So that means for $1000, I can control 2000 shares (potentially) of the SPY and if there is a rescue operation, and with the expiration later today, I'll really only need a slight bump to more than double the bet and get rid of the Puts with a profit as well. With a full on rescue operation, it could be a big winner and those Puts I have left would be sold before the profits go negative. If it all goes to shyt and the markets tank into the weekend, I just hold on to the PUTs I already have and cash those in later today with a hefty gain and lose the $1000 on the calls.
    Last edited by Slurry Pumper; 09-16-22 at 06:59 AM.

Yulia74

BREAKING:

FEDEX SHARES SINK 21% AFTER COMPANY WITHDRAWS FORECAST, WARNS OF worldwide recession

Yulia74

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    "market updates".
    Does she have to be attentive to detail?
    no..

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    BREAKING:

FEDEX SHARES SINK 21% AFTER COMPANY WITHDRAWS FORECAST, WARNS OF worldwide recession

Link?

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9436

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Link?
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/fedex-s...d=hp_lead_pos1

rkelly110

milwaukee mike

Yesterday after the 3rd time bumping up against the $395 area I sold those calls took the hint and bought some PUTS. Then late in the day when we got near that $388.50ish spot there was indeed an end of the day bounce back to 390. I didn't participate in that bounce and this morning it looks like things are ready to gap down to end the week.
    I know several of you are looking at that big ass juicy head and shoulders pattern that is at the current time making a play with the right shoulder having closed below the neck line yesterday. So is it down to $325 on the S&P for next week? Maybe, but be careful today as it is still the quad expiration for the options, and a out of nowhere rescue operation can be in the cards. In fact a good spot for a shakeout shimmy is between $385 - $382.50. If you see the SPY down there this morning and it doesn't seem like it is going down any more, it may be a spot where the paramedics will show up with a defibrillator and jump start a short squeeze into the weekend curtesy of the trick, trap, fool, and fuk you sideways crew.

My favorite leading indicators $DJT, and IWM both had relative strength yesterday although they were down a little bit. But both indices are above the neck line of the head and shoulders trend line and have a little space to give on the way down. I see the setup with the markets set to gap down pretty good.
    My plan is to unload some of those PUTS from yesterday right off the opening run down and actually buy some out of the money calls this morning with the strike price right at my pivot line from yesterday of $391. Right now they are listed at $1.47, but with the expiration being later today, and the 30 point drop in hte SPY this morning, I expect to be able to pick these up sub $0.50. So that means for $1000, I can control 2000 shares (potentially) of the SPY and if there is a rescue operation, and with the expiration later today, I'll really only need a slight bump to more than double the bet and get rid of the Puts with a profit as well. With a full on rescue operation, it could be a big winner and those Puts I have left would be sold before the profits go negative. If it all goes to shyt and the markets tank into the weekend, I just hold on to the PUTs I already have and cash those in later today with a hefty gain and lose the $1000 on the calls.
    did you make out on that friday comeback?

i was still pretty buried... with all my junk bonds and preferred stocks, the past month has been my worst ever... lost more in a month than i ever made working in a 3-year stretch

even at 3% on the 30-year treasury, this country is eventually bankrupt just off of the interest, not sure how rates can go much higher unless it's all intentional destruction

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    not a fan of this POTUS by any stretch but the factors that affect the market are so much more than the POTUS policy whether R or L.
    Some big factors that blew up in the whole country's face have been mishandled by the POTUS. Inflation being a chief one - and the Biden administration is big time at fault for the inflation we see today. And he wanted trillions more dollars printed than what he did - it's shocking.

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

I have a controversial theory that Biden isn’t allowing mass illegal immigration because he is caring. He is being paid off by companies to do so for cheap labor. It will help bring down inflation but it will also increase the burden on America because we end up having to pay for a lot of these illegal immigrants whether through healthcare or even in schools. It will also probably increase unemployment for citizens. It will in the end help companies the most which will help the stock market later.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Some big factors that blew up in the whole country's face have been mishandled by the POTUS. Inflation being a chief one - and the Biden administration is big time at fault for the inflation we see today. And he wanted trillions more dollars printed than what he did - it's shocking.
    You realize the whole world has big inflation, right? Joe must be the boss of all of them.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9436

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    You realize the whole world has big inflation, right? Joe must be the boss of all of them.
    Kind of like the whole world had Covid in 2020 and had a recession in 2008, but you no problem blaming the GOP presidents.

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    did you make out on that friday comeback?

i was still pretty buried... with all my junk bonds and preferred stocks, the past month has been my worst ever... lost more in a month than i ever made working in a 3-year stretch

even at 3% on the 30-year treasury, this country is eventually bankrupt just off of the interest, not sure how rates can go much higher unless it's all intentional destruction
    Well it wasn't that bad, I bought calls for $0.12 when the SPY stopped the morning rush, and sold half the PUTS. Then the markets went to sleep. At around 2 pm I unloaded everything. Lost about $500 on those calls but made much more on the PUTS.
    Next week will be interesting with the FED coming out to play.

RangeFinder

Well it wasn't that bad, I bought calls for $0.12 when the SPY stopped the morning rush, and sold half the PUTS. Then the markets went to sleep. At around 2 pm I unloaded everything. Lost about $500 on those calls but made much more on the PUTS.
    Next week will be interesting with the FED coming out to play.
    I expect some more carnage next week. I will open Monday with Puts on Spy. I will buy them a month out but plan on unloading by weeks end profit or not. I think heading toward October we are going to a real battle to keep Spy at 380. We will see a bounce back to the near 400 mark, but then the way back down. Maybe late October early November will be an entry point for some long positions again. We can only hope.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Kind of like the whole world had Covid in 2020 and had a recession in 2008, but you no problem blaming the GOP presidents.
    You really gonna go there Josh? Bush didn't foresee shit and was too late in stimulus money. Your boy lied from day one about the virus.

Slurry Pumper

I expect some more carnage next week. I will open Monday with Puts on Spy. I will buy them a month out but plan on unloading by weeks end profit or not. I think heading toward October we are going to a real battle to keep Spy at 380. We will see a bounce back to the near 400 mark, but then the way back down. Maybe late October early November will be an entry point for some long positions again. We can only hope.
    Yeah a dump in the markets seems likely to me. I bought Puts that expire in late November when the strike was at $410 on par a few weeks ago. I expect possibly a new low before another bear market rally going into the election. The 390 trend line pause the last few weeks was expected. Now we have the head and shoulders play going. I'm not a big believer in the head and shoulders but if it plays out to 325 in the next couple weeks, that will certainly get some peoples attention.

First ... 346347348349350351352 ... Last