svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

Utah should destroy Florida on Saturday

-2.5 points?!? How will they not win by double digits? Don't give me that sec crap either.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Can we get some cold hard facts why they should win? Thanks.

svsooner

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Can we get some cold hard facts why they should win? Thanks.
    Ok, how about Utah is the destroyed most of the crappy pac12 teams last year and had theOSU on the ropes and choked. However, this is more of a gator fade. They are a team in disarray right now with underwhelming coaching hire, an unproven qb and a shakey team altogether. Bottom line; they suck and the Utes should dominate them. How's that?

Has Florida done anything in the off season to convince anyone that they won't suck?

And I happen to like UF. Tebow ain't walking through that door...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why is line 2?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave jjgold 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Look at who wins the BCS every year. SEC.

Florida will smoke Utah.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

One side here saying Utah destroys Florida.

One side saying Florida whoops Utah.

So.. as asked before... why do we think the line is so low?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    One side here saying Utah destroys Florida.

One side saying Florida whoops Utah.

So.. as asked before... why do we think the line is so low?
    Another odd line... North Carolina -1.5 At Appalachian State

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by svsooner View Post
    Ok, how about Utah is the destroyed most of the crappy pac12 teams last year and had theOSU on the ropes and choked. However, this is more of a gator fade. They are a team in disarray right now with underwhelming coaching hire, an unproven qb and a shakey team altogether. Bottom line; they suck and the Utes should dominate them. How's that?
    Has Florida done anything in the off season to convince anyone that they won't suck?
    And I happen to like UF. Tebow ain't walking through that door...
    Why do you say UF is a team in disarray? Where are you getting that? Why do you say underwhelming coaching hire? Not sure where you are getting your info but most people think it's an excellent hire. It remains to be seen. I can understand the Gator fade but do not think for one minute that Utah has the better talent. They don't. They may have the better team, they may even have the better coach and much more experience. Utah returns 8 of 11 on a very physical offense. Utah QB is a beast. I get all that but UF has the better athletes overall. Can better athletes beat the better, more experienced team is the question? I don't know.

Can Napier turn this team around in just a few months? This team was poorly coached by Merlins and Todd Grantham, who is an awful defensive coach. The team was lazy, undisciplined and not very motivated once they lost to Bama and Dan kept playing a QB that sucked the life/energy out of the team. If Napier can infuse some belief, discipline, excitement and get the players to buy in, this team has a lot of the pieces to win a lot of games. Is Richardson ready to lead as QB? Not sure. Is there enough depth? Not sure. But the starting 11 on both sides can compete with most any teams in CFB.

Florida lost these games by less than a TD. Games that a good coach could have/should have won. Mullen made some dumb coaching moves in all 4 games. Really head scratchers. But he's gone, so here we are.

Alabama 31 Florida 29
    Kentucky 20 Florida 13
    LSU 49 Florida 42
    Missouri 24 Florida 23

So who do we bet on? I'm a homer, so I usually don't bet big money when it comes to UF but I'm fairly unbiased. I think it'll be a very close game with Utah most likely winning and covering late... Maybe. But here's why I won't bet Utah.

1st - why is the line so low and dropping? This line is smelly as a fishy vagina.

2nd - Utah LB Diabate transferred from UF. He's now a starter. That alone tells me that Utah players may not be as good as most people think. Diabate was awful. He couldn't get playing time at UF.

3rd - No Todd Grantham and his awful defensive coaching and dumb Dan to just do dumb shit.
    4th - It's very difficult to win on the road in CFB. I played at UF. The Swamp is one of the toughest places to play in. This could turn ugly for Utah if they are not prepared for what will be the loudest crowd they've every experienced.

Power index has UF higher
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401403857

I will probably lay off this game as I don't know what to expect from UF. New coach, new season, too many questions. This game could really go so many different ways that should not surprise anyone. BOL with your bets but I'd recommend finding a better game to bet on.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I don't think Utah ever played in a more hostile crowd than they will ever see in Gainesville. Very few out of conference teams have ever won there.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

gun to my head i take FL cause of home field. should be a great game.

svsooner

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why do you say UF is a team in disarray? Where are you getting that? Why do you say underwhelming coaching hire? Not sure where you are getting your info but most people think it's an excellent hire. It remains to be seen. I can understand the Gator fade but do not think for one minute that Utah has the better talent. They don't. They may have the better team, they may even have the better coach and much more experience. Utah returns 8 of 11 on a very physical offense. Utah QB is a beast. I get all that but UF has the better athletes overall. Can better athletes beat the better, more experienced team is the question? I don't know.

Can Napier turn this team around in just a few months? This team was poorly coached by Merlins and Todd Grantham, who is an awful defensive coach. The team was lazy, undisciplined and not very motivated once they lost to Bama and Dan kept playing a QB that sucked the life/energy out of the team. If Napier can infuse some belief, discipline, excitement and get the players to buy in, this team has a lot of the pieces to win a lot of games. Is Richardson ready to lead as QB? Not sure. Is there enough depth? Not sure. But the starting 11 on both sides can compete with most any teams in CFB.

Florida lost these games by less than a TD. Games that a good coach could have/should have won. Mullen made some dumb coaching moves in all 4 games. Really head scratchers. But he's gone, so here we are.

Alabama 31 Florida 29
    Kentucky 20 Florida 13
    LSU 49 Florida 42
    Missouri 24 Florida 23

So who do we bet on? I'm a homer, so I usually don't bet big money when it comes to UF but I'm fairly unbiased. I think it'll be a very close game with Utah most likely winning and covering late... Maybe. But here's why I won't bet Utah.

1st - why is the line so low and dropping? This line is smelly as a fishy vagina.

2nd - Utah LB Diabate transferred from UF. He's now a starter. That alone tells me that Utah players may not be as good as most people think. Diabate was awful. He couldn't get playing time at UF.

3rd - No Todd Grantham and his awful defensive coaching and dumb Dan to just do dumb shit.
    4th - It's very difficult to win on the road in CFB. I played at UF. The Swamp is one of the toughest places to play in. This could turn ugly for Utah if they are not prepared for what will be the loudest crowd they've every experienced.

Power index has UF higher
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401403857

I will probably lay off this game as I don't know what to expect from UF. New coach, new season, too many questions. This game could really go so many different ways that should not surprise anyone. BOL with your bets but I'd recommend finding a better game to bet on.
    Good points all around. However, bringing in the guy from ULL? That seems like a reach to me. Maybe there was not a lot of candidates for the job. We will see if he can turn it around.

You mentioned that the Gator players became lazy, undisciplined and unmotivated. Can the new staff get all that turned around in time?

In my opinion, Utah has all the advantages. This team dominated a physical Oregon team, twice! They should be prepared, should.

I like Florida, my daughter just graduated from there, but things take time to turn around. I attended Oklahoma University during the Schnelly days. I remember sitting in the stands while Kansas whooped our ass, Kansas!!! It was painful and it took years to get back to winning. I think this may be a similar journey.

We will find out on Saturday.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I don't think Utah ever played in a more hostile crowd than they will ever see in Gainesville. Very few out of conference teams have ever won there.
    This will be the loudest, most hostile environment Utah players have ever experienced by a large margin. It really is hard to describe when it's so loud that you can't hear yourself. Utah is experienced and will be ready but you cannot simulate that jaw jarring experience. Should be a great game to watch.

TheMoneyShot

I'm not a big fan of 1st year 1st game head coaches in college football or even pros. Especially against coaches who have been with the same squad for 8+ years or more. I get it... it's mostly the PLAYERS. Well... tell that to a nervous coach in which the game plan isn't working. What comes next on the play calling sheet? This is when it gets ugly.

Mac4Lyfe

Good points all around. However, bringing in the guy from ULL? That seems like a reach to me. Maybe there was not a lot of candidates for the job. We will see if he can turn it around.

You mentioned that the Gator players became lazy, undisciplined and unmotivated. Can the new staff get all that turned around in time?

In my opinion, Utah has all the advantages. This team dominated a physical Oregon team, twice! They should be prepared, should.

I like Florida, my daughter just graduated from there, but things take time to turn around. I attended Oklahoma University during the Schnelly days. I remember sitting in the stands while Kansas whooped our ass, Kansas!!! It was painful and it took years to get back to winning. I think this may be a similar journey.

We will find out on Saturday.
    Your daughter must be fantastic because it is damn near impossible to get into UF these days and you have to be highly intelligent to graduate. Kudos to you, you clearly had a huge impact on her. I doubt I could graduate from UF today. It is one of the best universities in the country.

Have you checked Billy Napier's HC record?? The guy can coach football. His football ties is stellar. He was 33-4 in the last 3 years. There is not much you can say negative about the guy. The only reservation I had was whether he is up to the task of coaching big boy football at UF. It is a different monster that most people do not know how to manage. He's already a much better recruiter than Mullen, so that's exciting.

Louisiana (2018-21) Napier spent four seasons at Louisiana, and finished with a record of 40-12, a perfect 16-0 mark against members of the Sun Belt West Division, four consecutive West Division titles, four straight bowl appearances, a share of the Sun Belt title in 2020 and as the 2021 Sun Belt Conference Champions.
    Didn't Utah lose to BYU and SD State back to back last year? They looked like they got blown off the ball when I saw those games. None of that has anything to do with this year but I've NEVER considered Oregon a physical team... NEVER!

I don't think there's enough time for Napier to instill what he wants into the program in time for this game. It would be much better if he had a cupcake game first IMO. I think Utah's experience as a total team gives them a huge edge. There's a reason they are favored.

Rockstar69
    Rockstar69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 445

Utah hands down better team .

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm not a big fan of 1st year 1st game head coaches in college football or even pros. Especially against coaches who have been with the same squad for 8+ years or more. I get it... it's mostly the PLAYERS. Well... tell that to a nervous coach in which the game plan isn't working. What comes next on the play calling sheet? This is when it gets ugly.
    This is the reason I won't be betting this game. We have no idea how Napier will be as a coach in his first game, in a new program with new players. We know Saban is very good at first games in a season. Napier is an unknown. I don't think he's had enough time, which is why I'd lean Utah but I can't seriously bet them on the road with that fishy line.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar69 View Post
    Utah hands down better team .
    Something tells me there will be plenty of burials this Saturday. Tread lightly.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

If i bet this game , Id take the home team that's not traveling 3000 miles to play!

and at the swamp
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    If i bet this game , Id take the home team that's not traveling 3000 miles to play!
    and at the swamp
    Only 2,200 miles but it's not very easy to fly into Gainesville. Normally you fly into Atlanta or Orlando first, so at least 7 to 8 hours. I'm curious did Utah get to Florida yet?

I would not bet the farm on either team in this one but a lot of signs point to UF.

svsooner

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Your daughter must be fantastic because it is damn near impossible to get into UF these days and you have to be highly intelligent to graduate. Kudos to you, you clearly had a huge impact on her. I doubt I could graduate from UF today. It is one of the best universities in the country.

Have you checked Billy Napier's HC record?? The guy can coach football. His football ties is stellar. He was 33-4 in the last 3 years. There is not much you can say negative about the guy. The only reservation I had was whether he is up to the task of coaching big boy football at UF. It is a different monster that most people do not know how to manage. He's already a much better recruiter than Mullen, so that's exciting.

Louisiana (2018-21) Napier spent four seasons at Louisiana, and finished with a record of 40-12, a perfect 16-0 mark against members of the Sun Belt West Division, four consecutive West Division titles, four straight bowl appearances, a share of the Sun Belt title in 2020 and as the 2021 Sun Belt Conference Champions.
    Didn't Utah lose to BYU and SD State back to back last year? They looked like they got blown off the ball when I saw those games. None of that has anything to do with this year but I've NEVER considered Oregon a physical team... NEVER!

I don't think there's enough time for Napier to instill what he wants into the program in time for this game. It would be much better if he had a cupcake game first IMO. I think Utah's experience as a total team gives them a huge edge. There's a reason they are favored.
    Thanks for the kind words, she is kinda awesome.

Anyways, I will be rooting for the Gators on Saturday. I was just wondering if Utah's tough, punch you in the mouth persona will fly against UF.

They need to bring back Galen Hall! I think Kerwin Bell was coaching up the road at Valdosta State, maybe bring him in.

Mac4Lyfe

Thanks for the kind words, she is kinda awesome. Anyways, I will be rooting for the Gators on Saturday. I was just wondering if Utah's tough, punch you in the mouth persona will fly against UF. They need to bring back Galen Hall! I think Kerwin Bell was coaching up the road at Valdosta State, maybe bring him in.
    I was recruited by Charley Pell and played for coach Hall. Hall's been long retired (10+ years) after the Penn State scandal. He lives not too far from Gainesville in Groveland Fla. I also played with Kerwin. He looks NOTHING like he looked in college. No hair, about 150 lbs heavier. 2 completely different looking people but he still has that southern drawl. Haha. He left Valdosta a few years ago after they won a title to go to USF with Charley Strong. He's the head coach at Western Carolina now. Our era is the forgotten era. UF has completely erased that part of history with us going on probation but that era is what made Florida football. Pretty ironic how this current NIL has made a complete farce of the NCAA.

This should be an awesome game. The Gators got punched in the mouth much too often last year. We should know in the first few weeks if they can compete in the SEC or are they really in rebuild mode. The cupboard was definitely not left bare so Napier needs to show the alumni something early.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

I'm taking UF with the 3 at the Swamp. If Utah wins more power to them - Only tough one left is at Oregon - They might run the table!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

-2.5 points?!? How will they not win by double digits? Don't give me that sec crap either.
    saw they've won 13 of last 14 openers... hmmm

Mac4Lyfe

In the last 5 years UF has signed 2 5* and 66 4* players - Utah in 5 years 0 5* and 17 4*.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Just pretend you're an elite high school football player and you get recruited to go play in Salt Lake City or Gainesville, where ya gonna go? That's right--put your suntan lotion on and buy a crate of condoms. This alone should give you pause for thinking Utah is gonna "destroy" Florida.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Harry N. Lloyd 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ELNATURAL
    ELNATURAL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9846

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post

and at the swamp
    Especially week 1

Been a rough few weeks of summer

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO

This isn't going to win. Too many crazy things are happening

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO

Utah missing tackles due to the moisture

I'd love bet florida

svsooner

Turning out to be a good game. Florida is actually playing some inspiring defense!

Mac4Lyfe

Fantastic game. Very exciting. AR15 is a fukking beast.

Mac4Lyfe

Best game of the football season here. Smash mouth, whoever has the ball last will win. Go Gators!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Still embarrassing for the PAC12.

The 10th best team in SEC is beating the #1 team in PAC12.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Always the opposite

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Dang

Mac4Lyfe

Only Gators get out alive in the swamp. Hell fukking yeah.

12 Last