209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

California votes to ban sale of gas cars by 2035

What a crock of sh!t. Electric cars have no soul

California air regulators voted Thursday to approve stringent rules that would ban the sale of new gasoline cars by 2035 and set interim targets to phase the cars out.
    The measure is a historic one in the US, and would be one of the first such bans worldwide. It has major implications for the US car market, given how large California’s economy is and that several states are expected to implement similar rules.
    “This is monumental,” California Air Resources Board member Daniel Sperling told CNN. “This is the most important thing that CARB has done in the last 30 years. It’s important not just for California, but it’s important for the country and the world.”
    The board’s new rules would also set interim quotas for zero-emission vehicles, focusing on new models. Starting with 2026 models, 35% of new cars, SUVs and small pickups sold in California would be required to be zero-emission vehicles. That quota would increase each year and is expected to reach 51% of all new car sales in 2028, 68% in 2030 and 100% in 2035. The quotas also would allow 20% of zero-emission cars sold to be plug-in hybrids.

US Postal Service says at least 40% of new delivery trucks will be electric

The rules would not impact used vehicles, allowing them to stay on the roads. The rules won’t be immediate, and will go into effect in 2026, Sperling said.
    Multiple states are expected to follow suit. Already, 15 states including Colorado and Minnesota, as well as states on the Northeast and West Coast followed California’s previous zero-emission vehicle regulations.
    California doesn’t have an exact count of how many of those states will adopt the 2035 ban on new gas vehicle sales but expects the “majority of the states to follow,” said Alex Stack, a spokesperson for California Gov. Gavin Newsom. New York, Oregon, Washington state and Rhode Island officials confirmed to CNN they plan to adopt California’s rule through their own rule-making process, while New Jersey and Maryland officials said they were reviewing California’s decision. Public comment in Washington state on a similar plan will start September 7.
    “This is a critical milestone in our climate fight, which is why Washington is poised to institute these same requirements by the end of the year,” Washington Gov. Jay Inslee told CNN in a statement. “We look forward to partnering with other states and the Biden Administration to rapidly reduce the country’s primary source of greenhouse gas emissions.”
    New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Commissioner Basil Seggos told CNN in a statement that California’s Thursday vote “unlocks New York’s ability to adopt the same regulation.”
    Sperling said that if most of these states follow California’s lead, it could transform the US auto industry.
    “This is a big part of the US market,” Sperling said. “Even if the feds don’t move on a regulatory perspective, a big chunk of the country will be moving forward.”
    Sperling added the process of drafting the rules had received “surprisingly little debate” and pushback from car companies, a signal that companies themselves are embracing the move to zero-emission vehicles. Several companies including Ford and GM have already announced ambitious plans to move toward zero-emission cars, trucks and SUVs.
    “The car companies see what’s happening in China, in Europe,” Sperling said. “Many of them have already made announcements about how they’re converting totally to electric vehicles.”
    Thursday’s vote is the culmination of years of work; in 2020, Newsom signed an executive order mandating that all vehicles sold in the state must be zero-emission by 2035.
    “What these new standards do is set the roadmap to get there,” California Lt. Gov. Eleni Kounalakis told CNN’s Kate Bolduan on Thursday.
    California also got a boost from the Biden administration, which reinstated California’s longtime ability to set its own vehicle emission standards earlier this year. The Trump administration rolled back the California waiver in 2019.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Yeah... for the people that can't even afford a new car... what are all the minorities going to do? Hey would you like to buy a USED battery vehicle? World is dumber by the second. Politicians need to wake the fukk up.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

California has a ban starting in 2024 for the sales of all gasoline powered lawn equipment. I am sure that will go over well.

They have no idea what they are getting themselves into. They already have policies for not running certain appliances at certain times of the day,

Look at the people waiting in line to charge their cars. 3 hour wait just to plug in and then have to wait another hour for you car to charge. And you can't sit in your hot car with the A/C on if your battery is nearly depleted.

While these people are sitting in line waiting, they can count the pennies they are saving with their EV purchase.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Yeah... for the people that can't even afford a new car... what are all the minorities going to do? Hey would you like to buy a USED battery vehicle? World is dumber by the second. Politicians need to wake the fukk up.
    The reason why the battery is so expensive is because that part has been discontinued and apparently the place that has one, has it marked up. But there you go. An EV with 70k miles that isn't worth fixing since a new one is around $34,000.

TheMoneyShot

Exactly Kermit... from my understanding.... all the dealers will be responsible for any battery issues etc. What about Mr. Joe the mechanic down the road? The vehicle is off limits to him... wouldn't know how to handle the situation. Unless MAJOR CHANGES are made.... WHICH THEY WON'T.... so far... what we know...

1. The dealer will repair all EV. (Your family mechanic won't be able to help you.)

2. The dealer charges astronomical prices.... (Your mechanic... in which you get a reasonable deal.... won't be able to save you anything.)

General Motors claims.... all EV pricing comes with IN-HOME charging terminal absolutely free. Well that's wonderful. What about the people living in an apartment complex??? What are they going to do?

Is this when the world is about to END?? Like we get so fukking stupid.... everything blows up in our face???

You couldn't possibly get rid of gasoline powered vehicles unless you closed down every gas station.... and forced the citizens too. Gasoline Powered vehicles AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE. These politicians are dreaming.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Yep, the millions of illegals driving their Ford, Chevy and Toyota pick up trucks in California aren't gonna like this!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Funny thing is we have rolling black outs now in California and the Lib focks are pushing electric everything. What electric grid is gonna support this? Just crazy!

Better go nuclear power plant ASAP if you want this green new deal push to stick!

TheMoneyShot

My other idea on this... ok... what percentage of EV out there... do you need for the fuel prices to go down??? Will they ever go down??? I thought it was supply and demand?? So if there's no demand anymore for gasoline... because so many EV's are out there... shouldn't the price go down??

I find it very strange oil companies are going to sit there.... and just let EV's take over the world.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If everyone has solar panels on their roofs in California and charges their electric cars daily that way, that could actually work if the sun shines where they live. I live by the coast and I get marine layer all the time, won't work for my house as I looked into it.

Also solar panels on your roof cost around 30 gees to install for a decent good electric power grid set up. You can lease and find programs to install but still!

It's a rich mans plan that only the rich people can afford. The average Californian lives in a apartment and drives a gas guzzling lemon. Good luck fazing out of that Democrats!

Kermit

Exactly Kermit... from my understanding.... all the dealers will be responsible for any battery issues etc. What about Mr. Joe the mechanic down the road? The vehicle is off limits to him... wouldn't know how to handle the situation. Unless MAJOR CHANGES are made.... WHICH THEY WON'T.... so far... what we know...

1. The dealer will repair all EV. (Your family mechanic won't be able to help you.)

2. The dealer charges astronomical prices.... (Your mechanic... in which you get a reasonable deal.... won't be able to save you anything.)

General Motors claims.... all EV pricing comes with IN-HOME charging terminal absolutely free. Well that's wonderful. What about the people living in an apartment complex??? What are they going to do?

Is this when the world is about to END?? Like we get so fukking stupid.... everything blows up in our face???

You couldn't possibly get rid of gasoline powered vehicles unless you closed down every gas station.... and forced the citizens too. Gasoline Powered vehicles AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE. These politicians are dreaming.
    Local shops will be fukked. The only things they will be able to service will be tires and brakes.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That's exactly why you need to vote Republican more then ever now! We could go back to horse and buggy with this green new deal push with the Democrats!

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Doesn't electricity come from fossil fuels?

Nate rasta
    Update your status

The three major categories of energy for electricity generation are fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, and petroleum), nuclear energy, and renewable energy sources. Most electricity is generated with steam turbines using fossil fuels, nuclear, biomass, geothermal, and solar thermal energy.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    That's exactly why you need to vote Republican more then ever now! We could go back to horse and buggy with this green new deal push with the Democrats!

Not with those ozone killing horse farts we won't!!!!!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

STRONG boomer vibes in here

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    What makes more sense to you?

Waiting in line for a couple hours to charge your car and then another hour to charge it, or spending 5 minutes filling your car up with gas and going about your business?

It makes more sense to me to not spend the small amount of precious time that we have on this planet just waiting around.

But hey, if you think that you are doing something noble and saving the planet, then more power to you.

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

EVs, lol.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Ebumdude 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    Not with those ozone killing horse farts we won't!!!!!
    Horses don't fart though only Cows do according to climate crazed libtards.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Horses don't fart though only Cows do according to climate crazed libtards.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    What makes more sense to you?

Waiting in line for a couple hours to charge your car and then another hour to charge it, or spending 5 minutes filling your car up with gas and going about your business?

It makes more sense to me to not spend the small amount of precious time that we have on this planet just waiting around.

But hey, if you think that you are doing something noble and saving the planet, then more power to you.
    eh?

I was just commenting on the vibes, could not care less about the debate

Yall just a buncha old men sitting around the diner complaining about the world changing and how ya miss the "good ol' days"

Kermit

eh?

Yall just a buncha old men sitting around the diner complaining about the world changing and how ya miss the "good ol' days"
    Well, do you have an opinion on where we are heading into the future as far as EV cars go?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20133

L.A. to Vegas is only about 270 miles. Easily within range for every gas car. But when I drive by Baker, CA, the Tesla chargers are usually all occupied.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10018

I don’t believe this will happen.. More than a few of the Ca. Pols. Pushing this today will have all made their millions and should be gone.

Maybe someone who can think clearly and intelligently will be in charge.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Not realistic

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The western world has gone full retard. Better get ready to speak Chinese.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

i need an electric log truck how long will i be waiting?

electric excavator too

when is CA going to ban diesel trains ??!???!?!?!?!!

fat boy Kraken has all these answers he's woke af

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26107

Are they trying to kick out all the immigrants and JIBBY? Terrible decision, no wonder there is a mass exodus from California

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1145

If everyone has solar panels on their roofs in California and charges their electric cars daily that way, that could actually work if the sun shines where they live. I live by the coast and I get marine layer all the time, won't work for my house as I looked into it.

Also solar panels on your roof cost around 30 gees to install for a decent good electric power grid set up. You can lease and find programs to install but still!

It's a rich mans plan that only the rich people can afford. The average Californian lives in a apartment and drives a gas guzzling lemon. Good luck fazing out of that Democrats!
    What does one do when it’s time to replace/repair roof?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Halfapointoff View Post
    What does one do when it’s time to replace/repair roof?
    Higher a roofing company that can temporarily and safely remove the solar paneling to replace the roof. Reinstall the panels after. Not a big deal. There all just bolted down.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Well, do you have an opinion on where we are heading into the future as far as EV cars go?
    EV will be the future, the auto makers have decided that.
    Gas cars will be around well past our lifetime but eventually they'll be a novelty

And its a good thing. The infrastructure is being built. Once the charging technology get improved where you can get a quick charge in about as much time as it takes to pump gas, a lot of holdouts will make the jump

TheMoneyShot

eh?

I don't have an issue of "expanding" or "expansion". I have a problem with an entire topic that hasn't been thought out in it's entirety. They basically said "we're going to do this.... like it or not." Well... there's a lot of political imbeciles that are thinking about their pockets... and not their brains.

Leaving it up to my dealership to service my battery in my EV? Fukk no. That's a fukking monopoly if I ever saw one. We all know EV will happen one day... I get it. I just don't know how the hell people who live in an apartment complex will charge their vehicles??? Even if it's for 30 minutes on a full charge. That's a lot of time to screw around with.... every day? The automotive industry believes they figured out the entire infrastructure on their end. They haven't shown one document how a citizen will be able to pull this off on a daily basis without owning a home equipped with a charging terminal.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8701

This isn't that big of deal. In 13 years Cali wont have any water any way so getting around wont mean as much as it does today.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11464

EV will be the future, the auto makers have decided that.
    Gas cars will be around well past our lifetime but eventually they'll be a novelty

And its a good thing. The infrastructure is being built. Once the charging technology get improved where you can get a quick charge in about as much time as it takes to pump gas, a lot of holdouts will make the jump
    🤦*♂️ If that were the case they wouldn’t need to legislate it. Give us a Tesla that can charge as quickly as you can fill your tank and costs the same as a gas vehicle and people would ‘make the jump’ without the government having to mandate it. There would be no reason for a law to force people to do something if it was better.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave PharaohUB 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Glad I live right down the road from all of my stores. Might need to invest in a bike with a basket.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

California Electric grid will never handle this proposed electric car push. Our grids black out now when it gets really hot and everyone starts using the AC units all at once. Throw hundred of thousands of electric cars charging 24/7 and good luck with that.

This is all so stupid!

12 Last