KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Staley will win coach of the year before KK.
    Nah. Kk at least understands it’s ok to kick a fg once or twice in a game especially if you already have the lead. Staley is a fukking moron.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Nah. Kk at least understands it’s ok to kick a fg once or twice in a game especially if you already have the lead. Staley is a fukking moron.
    Again you're isolating individual decisions and incidents and painting people with a broad brush based off of them. It's nonsensical. Every coach makes bad decisions. Every player has bad games. Brandon Staley was a rookie head coach. Kyler Murray is quite literally a brand new adult. By your logic, the Rams and Bucs are the only contenders for the SB, and Bill Belichick is the only contender for COTY.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Again you're isolating individual decisions and incidents and painting people with a broad brush based off of them. It's nonsensical. Every coach makes bad decisions. Every player has bad games. Brandon Staley was a rookie head coach. Kyler Murray is quite literally a brand new adult. By your logic, the Rams and Bucs are the only contenders for the SB, and Bill Belichick is the only contender for COTY.
    No I’m not actually. Staley did that throughout the entire regular season. After the Chiefs game he claimed he would make the same decisions again, those were his words not the actions of my “paintbrush” Also “quite literally a brand new adult” wtf are you talking about? He’s 24 and been playing football all his life. He’s done growing isn’t he? He’s 5.5 feet tall and thinks you can just drop back in and hold the ball for 5 seconds in a playoff game. “By your logic” what logic is that? I’ve seen all I need to see? Murray has never won a big game and never will. He’s too small. His fukking helmet is bigger than his entire chest and stomach area. He looks like a lego out there.

chargers4222

No I’m not actually. Staley did that throughout the entire regular season. After the Chiefs game he claimed he would make the same decisions again, those were his words not the actions of my “paintbrush” Also “quite literally a brand new adult” wtf are you talking about? He’s 24 and been playing football all his life. He’s done growing isn’t he? He’s 5.5 feet tall and thinks you can just drop back in and hold the ball for 5 seconds in a playoff game. “By your logic” what logic is that? I’ve seen all I need to see? Murray has never won a big game and never will. He’s too small. His fukking helmet is bigger than his entire chest and stomach area. He looks like a lego out there.
    OK, we'll see.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Why are you so high on the Chargers besides your name? Brutal division. I know they're the 3rd choice and KC is now descending but Buffalo is the best team in the game. Are you seeing 15-1?

Some people are super high on Herbert continuing to excel, so I'm wondering if that is your angle.
    Last edited by StackinGreen; 07-26-22 at 11:52 AM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Be careful with the futures. Once this monkeypox infects the NFL locker rooms it will spread quickly as it primarily gets spread from contact to skin and as you know NFL is a contact sport.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Why are you so high on the Chargers besides your name? Brutal division. I know they're the 3rd choice and KC is now descending but Buffalo is the best team in the game. Are you seeing 15-1?

Some people are super high on Herbert continuing to excel, so I'm wondering if that is your angle.
    Has nothing to do with my name. They play 17 games now so I predict 14-3. I would bet any amount of money that they do not win less than 12 games as long as Herbert stays healthy. Signed JC Jackson, top 3 corner in the league. Khalil Mack, don't think I need to give a qualifier on him. Derwin James and Joey Bosa are both top 8 overall defensive players in the league. So you have four of the top 25 defensive players in the league on one team, great on both fronts, a top 5 qb, and depth at every position. They're the most talented team in the league by a large margin.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47489

You're egregiously wrong but again it's all subjective. Rondale Moore is a #1 receiver and will be for a long time. This year is his coming out party. Hopkins is a top 3 receiver. Hollywood Brown will also take the next step this year since he won't be getting doubled all the time now that he has other receiving threats to draw attention, and AJ Green would be still the second-best receiver on most teams.
    Agree to disagree, we can revisit this thread throughout the season.

Rondale Moore was really good at Purdue but has done nothing in the NFL as of yet..calling him a #1 NFL receiver is a stretch.

Hollywood Brown drops passes about as often as he catches them.

AJ Green used to be a stud, now he is a 3-4 wr at best.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Idk, I looked at a few things last night and this morning and AZ actually could win the NFC.

JAKEPEAVY21

Idk, I looked at a few things last night and this morning and AZ actually could win the NFC.
    Let's see if Kyler Murray actually opens the playbook to study each week.

Not sure if you all heard that Arizona had to put an unprecedented "study clause" in his contract?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Let's see if Kyler Murray actually opens the playbook to study each week.

Not sure if you all heard that Arizona had to put an unprecedented "study clause" in his contract?
    I’m not a Kyler Murray guy at all. I did see that. Like 4 hours a week or something?

JAKEPEAVY21

I’m not a Kyler Murray guy at all. I did see that. Like 4 hours a week or something?
    Yep. Most NFL Qbs study 4 hours daily. 4 hours each week for the upcoming game is laughable. For Arizona to insist on that clause in the contract means that they don't trust Murray. He has been skating by on his talent and not putting in the work. It makes both Murray and the Cardinals look like idiots.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

I just listened to twenty minutes, for real, twenty straight minutes of Shannon Sharpe ripping Murray a new asshole.
    I don't mind Sharpe, Bayless I can't stomach, anyway Sharpe took the gloves off.

Sharpe was like Mussolini firing from the balcony "Murray's not good enough" badda boom " Murray's too selfish" badda bing"

It was merciless, said he's the reason the Cardinals are a toxic clubhouse, stopped just short of calling Murray a stupid shit.
    He did call him a stupid shit, just without using the words.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Be careful with the futures. Once this monkeypox infects the NFL locker rooms it will spread quickly as it primarily gets spread from contact to skin and as you know NFL is a contact sport.
    There are that many gays and jabbed in the NFL? Wow.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

KK didn't adjust his schemes once the league figured him out hence the atrocious second half record. Staley played a lot of 4th down percentages that just didn't go his way last year. They are both young in their careers but I think Staley has a better football IQ overall.

I am probably biased because of Staley's Rams background but I think he's a pretty sharp guy. What do I know.

stevenash

[IMG] [/IMG]

JAKEPEAVY21

Looks like Arizona took that clause out of the contract now?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Kid seems like a fukkin loser.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave gauchojake 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

Kid seems like a fukkin loser.
    Gaucher, i forgot your Rams added Allen Robinson. That was a nice pickup. Will Tutu Atwell be in the mix this year?

I'd take the Rams and Seahawks receiving corps over the Cardinals and that is just the NFC West.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Gaucher, i forgot your Rams added Allen Robinson. That was a nice pickup. Will Tutu Atwell be in the mix this year?

I'd take the Rams and Seahawks receiving corps over the Cardinals and that is just the NFC West.
    I'm not sure what they are doing with Atwell but he'll get time if he stays healthy. Maybe special teams and some gadget stuff?

Robinson and Kupp are a nice 1/1a combo and Van Jefferson a nice 3rd. They still have a pretty decent younger group of receivers. Obj still in the mix potentially.

I'm biased but I'd take the Rams receivers too 😂

stevenash

And the 'hawks got Noah Fant from Denver too.
    Can Geno hit the homerun ball is the real question?

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Looks like Arizona took that clause out of the contract now?
    yup, Murray a huge baby. not sure why they are allowing him to dictate that. Peyton Manning would study film until the early hours in the morning, and no one had to tell him to do it. this kid wants his cash, a few reps, and then play the game.
    he will never win a super bowl because he is more concerned about his “image”

JAKEPEAVY21

I'm not sure what they are doing with Atwell but he'll get time if he stays healthy. Maybe special teams and some gadget stuff?

Robinson and Kupp are a nice 1/1a combo and Van Jefferson a nice 3rd. They still have a pretty decent younger group of receivers. Obj still in the mix potentially.

I'm biased but I'd take the Rams receivers too 
    Kind of crazy to say that not only does Arizona have the best wr group in the league but by a large margin?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    And the 'hawks got Noah Fant from Denver too.
    Can Geno hit the homerun ball is the real question?
    Well, he has a lot of help with Metcalf, Lockett and Fant.

Lockett is highly underrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    yup, Murray a huge baby. not sure why they are allowing him to dictate that. Peyton Manning would study film until the early hours in the morning, and no one had to tell him to do it. this kid wants his cash, a few reps, and then play the game.
    he will never win a super bowl because he is more concerned about his “image”
    Maybe this contract backlash will light a fire under him?

He's an exciting player and an electric talent but he's a midget(errr little person) and seemingly does not have the heart or dedication that many other top QBs do. It'll be interesting to see if he has a chip on his shoulder from all this.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

KK didn't adjust his schemes once the league figured him out hence the atrocious second half record. Staley played a lot of 4th down percentages that just didn't go his way last year. They are both young in their careers but I think Staley has a better football IQ overall.

I am probably biased because of Staley's Rams background but I think he's a pretty sharp guy. What do I know.
    That’s the thing though. He went for it on 4th plenty of times where analytics DID NOT call for it. Plenty of analytics guys were burying him after that Chiefs loss, including Gil Alexander who is all about analytics. Going for it on 4th isn’t automatically analytics, depending on the situation. He should of kicked that FG to start that game and again before the half. They would of been up two scores at halftime instead they were up by 4 and Chiefs were getting the ball. Bro that’s a big deal, that’s a major fukk up. The Chargers should of won their division and been in the playoffs last year. Only reason they didn’t is cuz that dumb fukk Staley wouldn’t kick a chip shot FG 3 different times in the same game. What a fukking dumb loser. Early in the season I remember he went for it on 4th on his own 30, like who tf does he think he is? I will never take points with the Chargers as long as he’s at the helm ML or take the other side. If he’s gonna lose he plays to lose by 100.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

That Brown kid seems like a great addition

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

He's played one playoff game against the eventual SB winners in their home stadium with tons of injuries on the team, as well as missing several games himself last year. People do this all the time, you guys never learn, it's infuriating. "This guy failed one time so he sucks." Kyler Murray is basically still a kid. Brandon Staley has coached one year. People fail at first and then they win. That's how sports work. It's called forecasting. You predict when someone with talent takes the next step. My prediction is that it's this year for the Cardinals and the Chargers.
    its not even necessarily about kyler "sucking" .. cause thats not what i think. its kingsburry that im worried about and can the guy coach in these games in those moments. expecting kyler to wing it and scramble his way to a SB is crazy to me. its the coaching for me im mainly worried about it. we'll see

JAKEPEAVY21

Too much can happen in an NFL season to feel great about any SB bets, but I really do not understand the Cardinals odds. Best team in the NFL for the first half of last season. Best receiving core in the league by a large margin. Rondale Moore will be a top 10 NFL WR by the end of this year. Six games for Hopkins will go by very quick. If they get out of those 3-3 or better, that's a win. The TE they drafted, Trey McBride, is also an elite player.

I'm also very high on their defensive talent. Watt getting hurt was really the beginning of the end for their chances last year. He should be fully healthy now. They have one of the best linebacker duos in the league as well, in my opinion, with Simmons and Collins, and Budda Baker anchoring the back end.

The biggest thing they have going for them is the fact that the SB is in Arizona this year. The Bucs and Rams both won the SB in their own stadium. My official prediction as of now is that they lose the SB to Bills or the Chargers, but I think Cardinals to win NFC at +1400 is a great bet, and Cardinals to win the SB at +3200 would be a nice one to hedge if they did get there.
    Cardinals are awful, so is Murray they have zero shot at winning the Superbowl.
    You're egregiously wrong but again it's all subjective. Rondale Moore is a #1 receiver and will be for a long time. This year is his coming out party. Hopkins is a top 3 receiver. Hollywood Brown will also take the next step this year since he won't be getting doubled all the time now that he has other receiving threats to draw attention, and AJ Green would be still the second-best receiver on most teams.
    Still waiting for Rondale Moore to become a #4 receiver, forget about a #1...the guy couldn't stay on the field because of injuries in college either.

AJ Green wouldn't be the #2 WR on any team other than maybe the Bears, the guy is washed up.
    Brandon Staley will win Coach of the Year. Chargers are a juggernaut.
    Staley will be lucky to still have a head coaching job next year.

These takes are all so bad it's laughable.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

Staley should have been fired last year for literally costing his team a playoff berth

JAKEPEAVY21

Chargers should do whatever they can to try and sign Sean Payton. I think they would actually win a Superbowl if they got Payton and Herbert together for 5+ years. Dean Spanos will never pony up though.

Staley seems like one of those guys that is a really good coach but head coach is just too much for him. The Chargers have lost too many games to bad teams, not only losing but getting blown out and they don't even show up. Everyone already knows about his in game decision making... Spanos is too cheap to pull the plug.

MMXVII
    MMXVII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

This thread aged better than wine

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post

Reposting because no one else does when you nail it.

First 12