EGrecu
    EGrecu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

How do you guys avoid chasing???

Is there some kind of a mental trick or self training I can do to stop chasing?

I looked at my last year of gambling and I've won around 55-58% of my bets... my problem is I go crazy when I lose at all, so I start chasing and betting big and losing everything

How do I train myself to be ok with having some days where I finish in the negative?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

train yourself? like a puppy?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you do not have discipline don’t gamble ever

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

chasing is half the fun, I love the endorphins being released. It is the best feeling in the world.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Get puppy pads

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Discipline McFly, discipline.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

I just flat decided done till football

so nothing to chase here

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Sell more cars pal. Posting is costing you money.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

I just stand still .

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Chase wins not losses. So many people go bigger when they are losing but maintain/decrease bet sizes when winning. Look at your stats, my guess is you have winning streaks and losing streaks. If you increased bet sizes after each win and decreased after each loss you likely would be significantly up. But we all look at daily/weekly figures and play for short term and not long.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Discipline McFly, discipline.
    So true. can’t stay in the game for long chasing losses. bankroll management also key

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    I just flat decided done till football

so nothing to chase here
    Now only 38 days until football

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Now only 38 days until football

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Chase wins not losses. So many people go bigger when they are losing but maintain/decrease bet sizes when winning. Look at your stats, my guess is you have winning streaks and losing streaks. If you increased bet sizes after each win and decreased after each loss you likely would be significantly up. But we all look at daily/weekly figures and play for short term and not long.
    This is not good either. Once you finally lose you lose harder, now you might as well have not even had the hot streak. And what is a hot streak anyway? 4 or 5 wins in a row? 8 out of your last 10? Maybe 12 out of your last 15 but you lose 3 in a row in there. Those three cost you the front end of that run if you start going hard. At what point do you mentally decide “I’m officially running hot” and at what point do you realize “I’m now running cold”? Your exercise works with hindsight but it’s very hard in the moment to properly capitalize on being “hot” without knowing what exactly is to come and then you gotta turn that back around quickly and recognize when you’ve “cooled the f off bitch” and start betting normally again. Chasing wins or losses, either way can get you short term gains, and sometimes you manage it correctly and make a nice payday for yourself, but if that’s how you continue to conduct business that shit will catch up to you quick, then you’re putting all that money back into your business and the next time Prince Fukk-Me-In-The-Ass-And-Take-My-Cash pays you a visit with his royal boner machine, he doesn’t miss. I have yet to ever read “goddamn I am so glad I started chasing because for the last seven years I have been crawling with bitches and ends man chasing is the key to gambling and life in general.” And I’m not going to, I’ve realized

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Now to answer the OP’s question, even though you are not real, there is no trick to this other than just doing it. Some people rig up situations where they like, have a friend set their password and you give your friend your bets for the day one time and after that your friend will not place any bets for you. This is too annoying for everyone involved to last though, though in theory it’s maybe the actual best way to not chase, other than just not chasing

If what you’re saying is real (it isn’t) that you’re hitting “55-58%” of your bets (you’re not), then knowing you’re unbelievably good at sports betting should be all you need to know to not chase. I know when I break these days and start chasing and go bust, it’s usually because I go cold and think, “man I’m never gonna make this up” which is quickly followed by some sort of flawed thought of the fact that this was a small deposit so eff it why not blah blah blah. I’ve gotten out of the habit of tracking the last several years, so I don’t really even know if I’m any good. I need to start doing that again. But anyway, since you know you hit 58%, just flat bet, you unbelievably gigantic goober
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave texhooper 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nappyx
    Nappyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 616

Unlike many on the forum, I try and avoid watching the games (or even the score) of games I have money on. I'll even go as far as not checking the results of my bets until the next day. Otherwise, I find myself wanting to chase or making a stupid live bet to get myself back to even on losing days. I can totally relate to you.... I have the same problem with trying to play totals which is way harder than sides. Historical stats show its tougher to beat totals, but I keep playing them for some reason.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Ummm, just stop and don't chase maybe? Show some discipline.

Embrace the gambling grind and accept your losses before you double up and lose it all maybe.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i write down all my bets and the percentage of bankroll. once i did it kept me more honest and no more bets placed just for fun.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i write down all my bets and the percentage of bankroll. once i did it kept me more honest and no more bets placed just for fun.
    Yep. IMHO that's a good method, Polo.

What scared me a bit was betting say 2% on a College Football Saturday, with simultaneous bets goin.

An 0 fer 5 can be taxing on the psyche.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

Everyone on this site is always saying "I can't wait until football" and then they just bet favorites and overs and get their asses kicked again. Lol
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave JacketFan81 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

I have my doubts when I read 55% or 58%. Which is it? Anyway if your winning at this rate than chasing losses shouldn't matter long term unless your being stupid and betting something like 20% of your bank, going 0-5 and busting out.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Wait at least 11 hours until you place your next bet after a loss.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Wait at least 11 hours until you place your next bet after a loss.
    Well if u do this on Sunday u will miss all the football

seems like this thread more geared towards rec bettors

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Chasing not good.

Hey but every once in a while you can pull it off and win back your losses. I'm not hating completely if you really cap your ass off in chasing games and don't get lazy. Small chance you can get away with it and win back your bank roll.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

cant chase when the bank account reads -$150

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Chasing is my absolute downfall (besides being a degenerate in general).

I have a propensity to play chalk, and of course one chalky loss can wipe out a couple days of gains, and I can't STAND walking away down, so I have to place a commensurate chase bet, usually forced on a play I don't love, so I have a chance at going to sleep 'break even'... And sometimes that even works out.

But when it doesn't, holy shit can I blow my wad faster than a first timer with Margot Robbie...

Over the last month I've been up five figures two times. First time I cashed out about half, with the idea I would slowly grow with the other half. Instead blew it in about two days. Second time was even faster. I reload, go on a several day hot streak, get back up five figures, and then 4 big tennis and baseball favorites in a row all lost that I chased heavier and heavier, giving back almost everything I had won in 10+ plays prior.

Fookin hurts...

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Yep. IMHO that's a good method, Polo.

What scared me a bit was betting say 2% on a College Football Saturday, with simultaneous bets goin.

An 0 fer 5 can be taxing on the psyche.
    only way i can keep honest. too easy now to overbet on various outcomes.

EGrecu
    EGrecu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Quote Originally Posted by Nappyx View Post
    Unlike many on the forum, I try and avoid watching the games (or even the score) of games I have money on. I'll even go as far as not checking the results of my bets until the next day. Otherwise, I find myself wanting to chase or making a stupid live bet to get myself back to even on losing days. I can totally relate to you.... I have the same problem with trying to play totals which is way harder than sides. Historical stats show its tougher to beat totals, but I keep playing them for some reason.
    Watching is so immensely enjoyable though

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Chasing is the best when you win. But when you lose you always regret it