THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Aspinall (July 23, 2022)

ESPN+ 2:00 pm ET
    Curtis Blaydes vs. Tom Aspinall
    Jack Hermansson vs. Chris Curtis
    Paddy Pimblett vs. Jordan Leavitt
    Alexander Gustafsson vs. Nikita Krylov
    Molly McCann vs. Hannah Goldy
    Paul Craig vs. Volkan Oezdemir

ESPN+ 11:00 am ET
    Marc Diakiese vs. Damir Hadzovic
    Nathanial Wood vs. Charles Rosa
    Makwan Amirkhani vs. Jonathan Pearce
    Charles Johnson vs. Muhammad Mokaev
    Jai Herbert vs. Kyle Nelson
    Mandy Bohm vs. Victoria Leonardo
    Claudio Silva vs. Nicolas Dalby
    Ludovit Klein vs Mason Jones

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

some heavy juice bouts

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I have Mokaev in a bunch of parlays. His fighting style similar to Khabib.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

I'll take Aspinall...however, I'm a bit worried about Blaydes wrestling.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

I'm on Aspinall for a unit. Not crazy about the card from a betting stand point. I put together a 3 leg parlay w/Criag,Silva&Hermansson @ +1385. I went "Big" $10 to win $140! High Rolla lol GL

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Blades might be a lock!!!

Brandt Moat

I like the fact "YOU" used the Lock word.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

is london the hometown of aspinall.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19040

Tom Aspinall for 10k. 2nd round tko is my prediction. Future champ

Brandt Moat

Says he is from Greater Manchester. He will have a huge following. That place will be all the way live! Can't wait. Another Sat. afternoon drankn and watchn some scraps at the local watering hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    is london the hometown of aspinall.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

This card is better than next weeks PPV. Going pretty big on Aspinall, after Derrick Lewis put Blaydes out cold he seems a little gun shy going for take downs like he use to and Aspinall has a huge speed advantage plus he has a great submission game.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Prelim write ups.. MMA MANIA

155 lbs.: Jai Herbert vs. Kyle Nelson

Three fights into his UFC career, Jai Herbert (11-4) finally made it into the win column with a first-round knockout of Khama Worthy. He looked poised to make it two straight after dropping the heavily-favored Ilia Topuria with a head kick, but wound up falling victim to a lethal overhand right early in the second round. All but one of his pro victories have come inside the distance, nine of those via knockout.
    Kyle Nelson (13-4) brought a six-fight win streak into the Octagon that included a 63-second knockout of Khama Worthy in 2017. He currently sits at 1-3 in the world’s largest fight promotion, most recently suffering a technical knockout loss to Billy Quarantillo.
    “The Monster” fights for the first time in 22 months.
    UFC brass have not been kind to Herbert. Pitting him against Francisco Trinaldo, Renato Moicano, and the aforementioned Topuria in his first four Octagon bouts was just cruel, though Herbet did come dangerously close to stopping two of them. Nelson seems like a much more manageable task; though a decent striker with good power, “The Monster” is a long-time Featherweight with a tendency to fall apart later in fights.
    And that’s not the best skillset to have against a fleet-of-foot kickboxer with the know-how to use his six-inch reach advantage properly.
    Nelson will have all kinds of issues getting into the pocket safely, which also limits his ability to get his wrestling going and take advantage of Herbert’s weak ground game. In the end, Herbert puts him down late in the second or early in the third.
    Prediction: Herbert via second round technical knockout
    Related
    Where’s Paddy?

125 lbs.: Mandy Bohm vs. Victoria Leonardo

Mandy Bohm (7-5) capped off her perfect (7-0) professional start by stopping Jade Masson-Wong for the TKO Flyweight title and subsequently beating Griet Eeckhout in her Bellator debut. This led to a 2021 UFC debut against Ariane Lipski, who out-struck “The Monster” to hand her her first professional defeat.
    She has knocked out and submitted two professional foes apiece.
    Victoria Leonardo (8-4) left Invicta FC on a win before pounding out the favored Chelsea Hackett to secure a UFC contract on the Contender Series. She’s still looking for her first Octagon victory, having suffered stoppage losses to Manon Fiorot and Melissa Gatto.
    She faces a two-inch height disadvantage and a seven-inch reach disadvantage.
    If losses can age well, Leonardo’s fit the bill. Miranda Maverick and Erin Blanchfield account for her other two defeats, meaning she’s only fallen short against high-level opponents. I’m not convinced Bohm fits that description; though decently mobile, she couldn’t keep the shorter Lipski off of her or exploit her historically weak takedown defense.
    This looks to be the fight where Leonardo’s wrestling can come into play for the first time since the win over Hackett. So long as she stays on the front foot and doesn’t let Bohm rack up free strikes, she grinds out her first UFC victory.
    Prediction: Leonardo via unanimous decision
    Related
    Rock Bottom

170 lbs.: Claudio Silva vs. Nicolas Dalby

It took him more than five years, but Claudio Silva (14-3) worked his way to an undefeated (5-0) UFC start that featured a split decision over Leon Edwards. He now finds himself winless since 2019 thanks to consecutive decision losses to James Krause and Court McGee.
    He’s submitted 10 professional opponents and knocked out one other.
    Three years after leaving UFC’s roster, Nicolas Dalby (19-4) came up big in his return by out-dueling Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira. A 1-1 (1 NC) run followed, which most recently saw him lose a decision to Tim Means in June 2021.
    He boasts a 3.5-inch reach advantage despite being the shorter man.
    Dalby’s skill and heart are never to be questioned, but the man can’t start fast to save his life. He had one stretch in the Octagon where he got dropped in three consecutive first rounds, and his takedown defense likewise needs five or so minutes to get warmed up. Not a great problem to have against “Hannibal.” Old, one-dimensional, and figured-out though the Brazilian may be, he’s still damn good on the mat.
    This match up just gives me the same vibes as Dalby’s run-in with Jesse Ronson, the sense that Dalby’s going to get caught cold before his myriad advantages can come into play. Sometimes you’ve gotta go with your gut.
    Prediction: Silva via first round submission
    Related
    Gustafsson Draws Krylov For July 23 Return

155 lbs.: Ludovit Klein vs. Mason Jones

Ludovit Klein (18-4) destroyed Shane Young in his UFC debut to extend his win streak to eight, only to fall to Mike Trizano and Nate Landwehr in quick succession. A move to Lightweight appeared to be just what the doctor ordered, as he fought his way to a split decision over Devonte Smith.
    His 16 professional finishes are split evenly between knockouts and submissions.
    Unbowed by a “Fight of the Night” debut loss to Mike Davis, Mason Jones (11-1) took Alan Patrick apart before settling for a no contest due to an eye poke. There was no such controversy in his third UFC bout, a three-round slugfest with David Onama that saw Jones emerge victorious via decision.
    He steps in for Ignacio Bahamondes, who was slated to face Klein at UFC 277 before running into **** issues, on just over a week’s notice.
    For my money, Klein had a very real chance of upsetting Bahamondes, who operates at “Mr. Highlight’s” preferred distance and isn’t the most difficult man to hit. Jones isn’t exactly a defensive wizard himself, but his relentless forward advance and judo prowess present issues that Klein has struggled with in the past. Even if you, like me, believe that Klein deserved the decision against Trizano, the Landwehr fight showed a serious inability to deal with pressure.
    Klein doesn’t deserve to be the +275 underdog some bookies have him as; he’s a superior overall striker to Jones and will absolutely put him to sleep if he can land one of his patented head kicks. It just seems more likely that Jones doggedly pursues him until the gas tank starts to give out, then pours on combination punches and takedowns to seal the deal.
    Prediction: Jones via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Marc Diakiese vs. Damir Hadzovic

After starting his UFC career 3-0, Mark Diakiese (15-5) bounced back from a three-fight skid with consecutive decisions over Joe Duffy and Lando Vannata. Though he proceeded to drop back-to-back bouts to Rafael Fiziev and Rafael Alves, he returned to the win column in March 2022, grinding out Contender Series graduate, Viacheslav Borshchev.
    “Bonecrusher” boasts a one-inch height advantage and a three-inch reach advantage.
    Damir Hadzovic (14-6) has assembled a 4-4 UFC record over six years in the promotion, highlighted by his brutal come-from-behind knockout of Marcin Held. “The Bosnian Bomber” has fought just once in the last two years, a decision over Yancy Medeiros in June 2021.
    His 10 professional finishes include seven knockouts.
    As underwhelming as Diakiese can be when compared to his early flashes of potential, he’s got all the tools to win this fairly easily. His height, reach and long-range kickboxing give him the edge in a stand up battle, one exacerbated by the fact that he’s far too durable for Hadzovic to turn things around with one big shot.
    And that’s if he wants to make things difficult for himself. As he reminded us against Borshchev, Diakiese is willing and able to grind people into oblivion if the option’s available. Going by Hadzovic’s 37 percent takedown defense, which allowed Christos Giagos to run roughshod over him three fights back, it’s definitely available here. In the end, Diakiese fails to crush any bones, but does walk away with a comfortable decision.
    Prediction: Diakiese via unanimous decision
    Related
    COMING. UP. NEXT!!! | UFC London

145 lbs.: Nathaniel Wood vs. Charles Rosa

Nathanial Wood (17-5) lived up to his “The Prospect” nickname with stoppage wins in each of his first three UFC bouts, one of which earned him “Performance of the Night.” He’s 1-2 since, a decision over John Castaneda sandwiched between losses to John Dodson and Casey Kenney.
    This marks both his first appearance in nearly two years and his first Featherweight bout since 2016.
    Boston’s Charles Rosa (14-7) alternated wins and losses for 11 consecutive UFC appearances, a stretch that lasted more than seven years. The run finally came to an end in Jan. 2022 when he followed a loss to Damon Jackson with another one to T.J. Brown.
    He has scored eight submission wins as a professional.
    Despite closing in on a decade in the Octagon, Rosa has yet to address the gaping hole in his game that lost him his debut against Dennis Siver. He’s decent on the feet and can do some really nice work from the top, but his complete inability to stop a takedown means that anyone with half-decent wrestling can take those skills out of the equation.
    Unfortunately for him, Wood has half-decent wrestling.
    Honestly, though, he probably won’t need it. Wood’s the better overall striker of the two and lands more than twice as many significant strikes per minute. And since Rosa’s offensive wrestling isn’t sufficient to down a man who held Casey Kenney to two of six completed takedowns, Wood essentially gets to choose where he wins this. Barring a freak submission from Rosa’s guard like the one he landed on Manny Bermudez, Wood out-strikes, out-wrestles and flat-out out-works Rosa to a one-sided decision.
    Prediction: Wood via unanimous decision
    Related
    Rock Bottom

145 lbs.: Makwan Amirkhani vs. Jonathan Pearce

Makwan Amirkhani’s (17-7) 6-2 UFC start gave way to three straight losses, capped off by a brutal knockout courtesy of Lerone Murphy. “Mr. Finland” proved he was still a threat in March 2022, however, choking out Mike Grundy in just 57 seconds to earn his third “Performance of the Night” bonus.
    Twelve of his 13 professional stoppages have come via submission.
    Jonathan Pearce (12-4) graduated from Contender Series with a dominant finish of Jacob Rosales, only to fall to Joe Lauzon 93 seconds into his UFC debut. Subsequent efforts proved more fruitful, and he enters the cage this Saturday in the midst of a three-fight win streak.
    “JSP” stands two inches taller than Amirkhani but gives up an inch of reach.
    This goes one of two ways: either Amirkhani drags Pearce down and taps him in the first few minutes or Pearce snowballs to victory in the later rounds. Both seem plenty feasible. Amirkhani has a history of quick finishes, including that one over Grundy, while Pearce got overwhelmed by Lauzon right off the bat. On the other side, Amirkhani’s career is littered with late collapses.
    I’m leaning toward “JSP.”
    Even if Amirkhani does find early grappling success, he does so little from the top that Pearce should have little issue recapturing the momentum through sheer activity. As long as he doesn’t give Amirkhani his neck, expect Pearce to wear him down for a late finish.
    Prediction: Pearce via third round technical knockout
    Related
    Gustafsson Draws Krylov For July 23 Return

125 lbs.: Muhammad Mokaev vs. Charles Johnson

Muhammad Mokaev (7-0) followed his perfect (23-0) amateur career with a 5-0 (1 NC) professional start, three of those wins coming inside the distance. His UFC debut pitted him against Cody Durden, whom Mokaey dispatched via club-and-sub 58 seconds into the first round.
    He is the shorter man by two inches.
    Following a brief stint in professional boxing, Charles Johnson (11-2) returned to the cage in 2021 and claimed LFA’s interim Flyweight title soon after. He defended the belt with a knockout of Joao Camilo, then celebrated his upgrade to full champion by defeating Carlos Mota in an absolute war.
    He’s ended eight professional fights inside the distance, five via strikes.
    Johnson is a genuinely tough test for Mokaev, not just because of his experience and credentials, but due to his skillset. “InnerG” moves, strikes and scrambles well; he’s not someone Mokaev can just take down once before calling it a day. The 21-year-old will have to work for it.
    I do think he’s up to the task, though. Johnson’s bad habits, like getting backed to the fence and throwing naked low kicks from punching range, offer a whole lot of opportunities for a wrestler as relentless as Mokaev. Even if Johnson can avoid Mokaev’s submissions and get back to his feet, he’s not going to get much done before Mokaev sits him right back down. If this were a five-rounder, Johnson’s got the cardio to potentially take over late. Alas, all he gets is three ... and Mokaev’s proven he can go that distance. In short, he wrestles Johnson to death for the full 15 minutes.
    Prediction: Mokaev via unanimous decision

hankcream

Leavitt has no chance: 25 unit parlay: Paddy & Aspinall + 133

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Another early start time. Errr.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Another early start time. Errr.
    Love it!!

Wake your sorry ass up and enjoy the rest of the day after the event.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Should be a lot of finishes in this one.

A Paul Craig - Paddy Submission parlay pays out +950. Throw Aspinal in there and you got +7800.

hankcream

Dog & sub parlay: Amirkhani & Craig to win by submission $50 to win $545

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This is a good card, I'm liking the dogs on the main card. Ruff Ruff!

GL everyone!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Love it!!

Wake your sorry ass up and enjoy the rest of the day after the event.
    I'm up now and gonna drink early for this one to sit back and enjoy. Ready to go here Pavy as all bets are in!

Got AA .. If I'm gonna waste my Saturday afternoon watching UFC fights all day you better bet your ass I'm gonna get lit.

Demonata

letsssssss goooooooooo

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This is a good card, I'm liking the dogs on the main card. Ruff Ruff!

GL everyone!
    I'm so tempted to take blades! Good luck on your bets jibby. let me know some picks to follow if possible.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I'm so tempted to take blades! Good luck on your bets jibby. let me know some picks to follow if possible.
    Wrestlers rule and always bet on Black. Do it Dem, Blaydes get's this via lay and pray and ground and pound. He does have to protect that suspect chin though coming in.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hankcream

Silva is too old for this shit. surprised he made it off the stool for rd 3

hankcream

These low level female fights are painful to watch, I'm already on my 2nd bloody mary & just starting rd 3.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    Silva is too old for this shit. surprised he made it off the stool for rd 3
    Fat and durable. Darby by decision was the call in that one. Silva very hard to finish even when spent..

Demonata

that womens ufc fight was so boring.

JAKEPEAVY21

It's an outlier when a women's fight is exciting...most are for the birds.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Most women fights in the UFC are boring as hell and I hate them. Most go to decision and it's mostly a patty cake touch fest the entire time.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    It's an outlier when a women's fight is exciting...most are for the birds.
    Yeah only fighter i for sure love watching in ufc from womens side for exciting fights is any fight amanda nunes is in.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20421

This event could've been called UFC: London Grappling

7 decisions in prelims, 1 finish, and a ton of wrestling

Hopefully the main card will be better

Demonata

Oezdemir breathes

Paul Craig

Points Awarded:

spurginobili gave Demonata 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Paul Craig is a one trick pony. He needs to go to wrestling school and learn to drive thru his take downs and learn ground and pound from the top position.. His striking is coming along but still kinda sucks.

That dog didn't bark.. Next..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-23-22 at 03:07 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Every fight going to decision. Funny how they are rushing to go to the next fight because of the time slots.. No usual commentary and live hype between fights now. Lol..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Double check for a penis with Goldy. Muscles are juiced.. Looks like a potential dude..

Demonata

what a knockout by molly baby!!!!!!!

12 Last