THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier (July 02, 2022)

Pay-per-view 10:00 pm ET
    Israel Adesanya vs. Jared Cannonier (for middleweight title)
    Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway (for featherweight title)
    Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira
    Lauren Murphy vs. Miesha Tate
    Pedro Munhoz vs. Sean O’Malley

ABC 8:00 pm ET
    Brad Riddell vs. Jalin Turner
    Robbie Lawler vs. Bryan Barberena
    Ian Garry vs. Gabe Green
    Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller

ESPN+ 6:00 pm ET
    Jessica Eye vs. Maycee Barber
    Uriah Hall vs. Andre Muniz
    Brad Tavares vs. Dricus du Plessis
    Jessica Rose-Clark vs. Julija Stoliarenko

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 13 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

spurginobili gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15403

Dang was hoping to get Miller closer to even. Guess I'll just play him rd1

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

First glance

Adesanya + Volk parlay BIG
    Munhoz worth a shot
    Pereira ML
    Du Plessis ML

Lauren Murphy is out btw

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

I drove to the PA border a few weeks ago. I got Pereira and Turner ML @ -120. 2 Units on Pereira and 1 on Turner. Going to enjoy this card! Let's go! Only good fights left. Hockey is over. Lol GL

Brandt Moat

Hope Munhoz clips O'pussy!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Solid card and I'm looking forward to it!

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2848

Any value on Max? I'am leaning Volk but in both fights Max had moments especially in second fight but at the end of 4th round Max looked more tired than Volk. I think Max can be very competitive in the early rounds like in 2nd fight becouse he's probably better in camp adjuster but during fight Volk simply find more openings in later rounds. Any insights? volk by dec.? Max by dec.? I don't see finish tbo.
    On the main card I like Pereira, O' Malley and Murphy.

Brandt Moat

I can never forget the issues Max was having at some point before I think the Ortega fight. Max had a year off before that fight. He couldn't speak very well and seemed disoriented. They said he suffered a head injury during sparring? I think he was battling an addiction. Has had some good fights since then. Just makes me wonder if his head is screwed on straight. Volk gets him early and takes him out. Volk ITD. GL

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Every time I see a guy having back issues I see them in training jumping with weights. Sure enuf I see Max doing that silly shit. I love both these guys but man that back issue could be a problem for Max. Lots of these lines are crazy an begging guys to take the dogs. Izzy should pick apart the bomb thrower but geez those odds are ridiculous. Volk and Max should pretty much be even which means all close rounds go to Volk..

Thor4140

Oh and I am trilled meshia Tate won’t be boring me to death.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

On those UFC countdown videos, whenever a teammate says "And new!" their fighter ends up not winning the UFC title.
    Arrogant early celebrations always loses.
    Henry Cejudo said that about Zhang Weili and she lost her title fight.
    Let's see if this happens to Cannonier since his teammate said "And new!".

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Hail Mary Parlay:
    Izzy by Submission & Strickland by KO/TKO/DQ $50 to win $3712 (MGM free bet)

Izzy

Thor4140

Even tho Strickland has decent hands is he crazy enuf to stand and trade with Pereria. Why I cant bet it. I takes Strick he boxes. I take Pereria he wrestle fuks

hankcream

Strickland is an entertaining SOB

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Prelim Write ups -

185 lbs.: Uriah Hall vs. Andre Muniz

Uriah Hall (17-10) went from losing four of five to winning four straight, among them violent knockouts of Bevon Lewis and Anderson Silva. His efforts earned him a main event slot opposite Sean Strickland, who out-worked and out-wrestled him to a wide decision victory.
    “Prime Time” fights for the first time in more than 11 months.
    Andre Muniz (22-4) — whose only defeat since 2013 came at the hands of Light Heavyweight prospect Azamat Murzakanov — rode a four-fight win streak into the Octagon that featured two victories on Contender Series. “Sergipano” has since extended it to eight and racked up three first-round submissions along the way, one of them over the legendary “Jacare” Souza.
    Thirteen of his 15 submission victories have come in the first round.
    If Hall wins this, it’ll be by miraculous comeback. The Strickland fight showed that he’s still vulnerable to pressure and wrestling, and while Muniz doesn’t have the stand up prowess to set up his shots the way Strickland did, he’s consistently shown that he doesn’t need a lot of time on top to end things. All signs point to “Sergipano” dragging him to the mat in the first couple of minutes and finding his neck (or arm) in short order.
    Hall is, admittedly, better than most at miracle comebacks. He’s also fighting a man who’s been stopped four times as a professional. I just don’t see him keeping it standing long enough to find an opportunity. In short, make that four consecutive first round submissions for “Sergipano.”
    Prediction: Muniz via first round submission
    Related
    UFC 276 ‘Prelims’ Headed To ABC

125 lbs.: Jessica Eye vs. Maycee Barber

Jessica Eye (15-10) — once in the midst of a 1-5 (1 NC) skid that had her fighting for her UFC life — started her Octagon Flyweight tenure with a 4-1 run marred only by a loss to Valentina Shevchenko. The magic wasn’t to last, though, entering the cage this Saturday having lost three straight.
    This bout ends a nearly year-long layoff.
    Maycee Barber (10-2) “lost some luster after following a 3-0 UFC start with consecutive losses to Roxanne Modafferi and Alexa Grasso, and her subsequent bogus split decision over Miranda Maverick didn’t help things. A subsequent clash with Montana De La Rosa worked out a bit better for her, though, as she cruised past The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) veteran for a comfortable victory.
    “The Future” steps in for the injured Casey O’Neill on just over two months’ notice.
    Premature though Barber’s nickname turned out to be, this is a very winnable fight for her. Eye’s takedown defense remains a prominent weakness that allowed four of her last five opponents to drag her to the mat, and if there’s one aspect of Barber’s game that’s genuinely solid, it’s her top control.
    It wouldn’t be too outlandish to see Eye box her up, but Barber landed three of five takedowns against a very tough customer in Grasso, so she should have what it takes to drag Eye into her world and cruise to victory.
    Prediction: Barber via unanimous decision
    Related
    Adesanya Pranked By Zombie Stripper

185 lbs.: Brad Tavares vs. Dricus Du Plessis

Brad Tavares (19-6) put together a solid four-fight win streak from 2016-2018 before running afoul of Israel Adesanya and Edmen Shahbazyan in quick succession. His 2021 campaign fared a bit better, featuring consecutive decision wins over Antonio Carlos Junior and Omari Akhmedov.
    He fights for the first time since July 2021 and faces a two-inch reach disadvantage against “Stillknocks.
    Dricus Du Plessis’ (16-2) pre-UFC efforts earned him two EFC titles and a brief reign as KSW Welterweight champion, an honor he claimed by flattening the lethal Roberto Soldic. His UFC efforts have been similarly destructive, netting him two knockouts and a “Performance of the Night” bonus for his finish of Trevin Giles.
    He’s never seen the judges as a professional, submitting nine.
    Full disclosure: I want Du Plessis to win this. He’s such a weird, unique fighter, and it would please me to no end to see his wonky style carry him into contention.
    Luckily for him (and me), he’s got the tools to do it. Even if Tavares’ takedown defense figures to take “Stillknocks’” ground game out of the equation, the latter’s countering skills and raw power look sufficient to exploit the rare openings in Tavares’ meat-and-potato striking. Plus, Tavares’ chin has failed him on multiple occasions, which bodes ill against Du Plessis’ murderous left hook. I say Du Plessis catches him late in the first.
    Prediction: Du Plessis via first round knockout
    Related
    Video: Watch ‘Countdown’ To UFC 276

135 lbs.: Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Julija Stoliarenko

While she entered UFC in the midst of a 2-3 (1 NC) slump, Jessica-Rose Clark (11-7) proved she belonged, winning four of her first six in the promotion. She wasn’t quite so fortunate against Stephanie Egger, unfortunately, suffering the first submission loss of her career in Feb. 2022.
    “Jessy Jess” gives up two inches of height and 1.5 inches of reach to Julija Stoliarenko (9-6-1).
    Though unsuccessful at TUF 28 Finale, Stoliarenko fought her way back to the big show with five straight wins, among them a decision over unbeaten Lisa Verzosa to claim Invicta’s interim Bantamweight championship. She’s still chasing her first Octagon victory, having lost three straight since her return.
    Armbars account for all eight of her professional submission finishes.
    For her sake, Clark better have learned her lesson against Egger. She did the one thing that could have lost her that fight, namely getting lazy in the clinch, and Stoliarenko is similarly equipped to punish any lapses in decisive fashion. Stoliarenko also looks to be the more capable striker, as she held her own on the feet against Julia Avila and Alexis Davis.
    That said, she’s been controlled and beaten up on the mat before. Indeed, once opponents are wise to her armbar, she runs out of options in a hurry. So long as Clark stays committed to the takedown and minds her P’s and Q’s on top, she should be able to grind it out.
    Prediction: Clark via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Brad Riddell vs. Jalin Turner

Brad Riddell (10-2) lived up to City Kickboxing’s lofty standards, winning his first four UFC bouts and taking home two “Fight of the Night” bonuses along the way. His wins set up a clash with former training partner, Rafael Fiziev, who snapped Riddell’s eight-fight win streak via third round wheel kick (watch highlights).
    “Quake” will have to deal with half-foot disadvantages in height and reach.
    Jalin Turner (12-5) started his UFC career slow, a knockout of Callan Potter sandwiched between losses to Vicente Luque and Matt Frevola. “The Tarantula” appears to have found his footing though, racking up four stoppage wins in the past two years.
    He’s knocked out nine professional foes and submitted another three.
    Riddell is without question the most dangerous striker Turner has faced since that disastrous run-in with Luque. As ridiculously large as “The Tarantula” is, he’s still prone to getting caught in the pocket, where Riddell’s rapid-fire combinations reign supreme. If things get into deep waters, it’s very easy to picture Riddell breaking down Turner to the body and legs.
    That’s easier said than done, though. That’s because Riddell is a notoriously slow starter, having lost the first round in four of his five UFC appearances. This allowed Drew Dober to do some major damage in the early going, and with all due respect to Dober, Turner hits a hell of a lot harder. Riddell’s got a good chance if he can survive the first five minutes, but Turner’s finishing ability and killer instinct figure to end things before “Quake” can warm up.
    Prediction: Turner via first round technical knockout
    Related
    Adesanya Pranked By Zombie Stripper

170 lbs.: Ian Garry vs. Gabe Green

Ian Garry (9-0) started off his UFC career with a bang, flattening Contender Series graduate Jordan Williams with a counter right late in the first. He wasn’t quite as devastating his next time out against Darian Weeks, but still walked away with a unanimous decision win.
    He’s the taller of the two by three inches.
    He had to make his first winning trip to the judges to do it, but Gabe Green (11-3) successfully outlasted Phil Rowe to even up his Octagon record at 1-1. Next came another Contender Series graduate in Yohann Lainesse, whom Green survived a brutal knockdown to stop late in the second.
    Garry hasn’t exactly impressed during his Octagon stint, but there’s a whole lot going his way here. For one, Green is exactly the sort of linear, easy-to-hit striker who Garry’s movement and counters have historically worked wonders against. For two, Garry easily went five rounds in his final Cage Warriors bout, meaning Green can’t rely on “The Future’s” cardio giving out. For three, Garry’s got a judo black belt and Green’s takedown defense is awful.
    That’s the long and short of it. Garry has the right style to exploit Green’s iffy stand up and the grappling to drag it into his world if things get hairy anyway. In short, expect a comfortable decision win.
    Prediction: Garry via unanimous decision
    Related
    Revised UFC 276 Fight Card, PPV Line Up

155 lbs.: Jim Miller vs. Donald Cerrone

Despite upsetting Roosevelt Roberts in the process, Jim Miller (34-16) seemed grounded for good following a 1-3 stretch. Rumors of his demise proved exaggerated, proceeding to demolish Erick Gonzalez and Nikolas Motta back to back.
    The professional finishes for “A-10” are split 18/6 between submissions and knockouts.
    Dominant upsets of Mike Perry, Alexander Hernandez and Al Iaquinta proved that Donald Cerrone (36-16) wasn’t ready to ride off into the sunset. That time may now be approaching courtesy of a winless (0-5-1) freefall that most recently saw him knocked out by Alex Morono in May 2021.
    Originally slated to face Joe Lauzon two weekends ago, “Cowboy” now steps in for Bobby Green on short notice (details here).
    This pair’s first meeting in 2014 was painfully predictable. Cerrone’s debilitating low kicks, intercepting knees and slick combinations took apart the much shorter Miller. Considering Miller went 4-7 afterward, it’s wild that he’s now the rightful favorite. For good reason, too. He was always going to destroy Gonzalez, but Motta was a legitimate CFFC champion and Miller gave him a hiding.
    That newfound power is what swings it Miller’s way. Cerrone presumably still has the skills and physical tools to take him apart, but he just reacts so badly whenever he gets hit at this point. In the end, Miller blitzes him for an early finish.
    Prediction: Miller via first round technical knockout

RussianMike
    RussianMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Seen Miller in the past just as punch as Cowboy is currently. Gotta just take the points. Anybody else surprised AF that he's actually younger than Cerrone? I am.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Volk Hol again? jeezus

RussianMike
    RussianMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Anybody not taking a shot on Munhoz at +300 just doesn't understand value. Big step up in competition for Sugar.
    Points Awarded:

WRMusic gave RussianMike 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

Quote Originally Posted by RussianMike View Post
    Anybody not taking a shot on Munhoz at +300 just doesn't understand value. Big step up in competition for Sugar.
    Especially if Munhoz can land some of those leg kicks that O’Malley clearly struggles with. O’Malley’s legs seem so brittle…

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Pedro decision pays +700 at Coolbet if you're on that side.

hankcream

Here we go boys, this shit should be good. Plays so far:
    7.5 units Ian Gary -150
    3.45 units Tavares/DuPlesis doesn’t go the distance -115
    2 units Riddell +110
    1 unit Barberena +ev
    3 units Izzy inside the distance +145
    .unit fan boy parlay Strickland & Max +396

I’ll have a bunch of other shit going during the fight,hoping for a big night. GL everybody.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

I'm so high and drunk! Did DMT yesterday. Now today THC and beer!

hankcream

I’ve seen 12 year old boys & girls with bigger than Maycee Barber
    Last edited by hankcream; 07-02-22 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Politically in correct

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    I’ve seen 12 year olds with bigger than Maycee Barber
    Barber my second fav female fighter ever. Behind shevchenko

Allure

You seem to write pretty well for someone that is "so high and drunk". And what do you do on SBR if you're so high and drunk?

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    You seem to write pretty well for someone that is "so high and drunk". And what do you do on SBR if you're so high and drunk?
    Thanks!

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Did Jessica Eye retire?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    I’ve seen 12 year old boys & girls with bigger than Maycee Barber
    How do you explain this then? Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Maycee Barber

Allure

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    First glance

Adesanya + Volk parlay BIG
    Munhoz worth a shot
    Pereira ML
    Du Plessis ML ----- W

Lauren Murphy is out btw
    Starting off right.

hankcream

These old timer fights are about as exciting as a womens fight, time to go play pool.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Miller Time.....

Allure

Why is Cerrone even fighting anymore, he's making more money outside the octagon.

Allure

Eye poke: yes
    Munhoz great acting: yes

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

So does a “no contest” mean I just get my bets back for that fight?

Allure

Quote Originally Posted by WRMusic View Post
    So does a “no contest” mean I just get my bets back for that fight?
    Yes
    Points Awarded:

WRMusic gave Allure 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last