Betpoints: 9468

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Looks
    Like it could happpen
    What would they do?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are going to force IP Providers to block any illegal gambling sites or else back breaking fines
    Also force CR gov't with typical usa pressure to close them down

Nobody wants trouble with USA and possible sanctions

DOJ can do this in seconds and also freeze funds CR banks and other banks

Never fool with USA

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They are going to force IP Providers to block any illegal gambling sites or else back breaking fines
    Also force CR gov't with typical usa pressure to close them down

Nobody wants trouble with USA and possible sanctions

DOJ can do this in seconds and also freeze funds CR banks and other banks

Never fool with USA
    None of the bookmakers spoken of are "illegal gambling sites". They all are legal businesses where they are located.

If DOJ try to impose those types of sanctions on behalf of states, they will be dragged back to court, and lose again.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    How do they legally ban businesses that are 100% legal in their own jurisdictions?

USA does not get to make rules for other countries nor can they ban Americans from using legal foreign business under international trade agreements.

USA already got convicted and fined for breaking international laws when they tried to ban Jamaica books.

That's why we ended up with the bans on money transfer businesses being used for gambling as a more legal way to try.
    Well they seem to have done it in Australia, how can you not have known this, or am I missing something

As such, it requested that Australian internet service providers (ISPs) block each of the websites.
    Since the ACMA made its first blocking request in November of 2019, a total of 447 illegal gambling sites have been blocked in the country.
    In addition, a further 160 illegal services, including operators and affiliate businesses, have pulled out of the Australian market since the ACMA began enforcing new illegal offshore gambling rules in 2017.
    “Website blocking provides a valuable opportunity to alert the public to illegal gambling services through the messaging that appears when there is an attempt to access the site,” the ACMA said.

jjgold

Guys keep your balances lower offshore until we know more

Be smart

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

it is good thing i am a sucky bettor and reach zero frequently. can't be lower.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post

Well they seem to have done it in Australia, how can you not have known this, or am I missing something

As such, it requested that Australian internet service providers (ISPs) block each of the websites.
    Since the ACMA made its first blocking request in November of 2019, a total of 447 illegal gambling sites have been blocked in the country.
    In addition, a further 160 illegal services, including operators and affiliate businesses, have pulled out of the Australian market since the ACMA began enforcing new illegal offshore gambling rules in 2017.
    “Website blocking provides a valuable opportunity to alert the public to illegal gambling services through the messaging that appears when there is an attempt to access the site,” the ACMA said.
    Give me an example of one of these illegal sites that are blocked?

You will not find one bookmaker who you have ever heard of, if you can even find a bookmaker blocked at all.

It did not happen, as it is illegal under trade agreements the country has.

Australia used another method to get compliance. Talking to the books.

capitalist pig

Australia used another method to get compliance. Talking to the books.
    I m guessing that means they threatened them with legal action. SBR is so confusing now, you claim to be a site for legal onshore sites yet the site continues to defend and posters promote offshore, sooner or later the site is going to have to make a decision on what the site is going to be. Im not complaining just confused like I’m sure everyone else around here is

KS1986
    KS1986's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9468

So what sites were blocked?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

I m guessing that means they threatened them with legal action. SBR is so confusing now, you claim to be a site for legal onshore sites yet the site continues to defend and posters promote offshore, sooner or later the site is going to have to make a decision on what the site is going to be. Im not complaining just confused like I’m sure everyone else around here is
    I agree. I have no idea what this site is doing anymore. I guess we will have to wait and find out when the new and improved site is launched sometime this century.

capitalist pig

Quote Originally Posted by KS1986 View Post
    So what sites were blocked?
    I have no idea I’m in USA, but if you read optionals response none, so who knows what to believe

jjgold

Many top offshore execs worried

Optional

Honestly I am not really sure how exactly Australia negotiated compliance so much better than the USA managed to do it. But one major book did tell me the initial approach was casual and friendly and they simply agreed to block Aussie traffic.

Also, I'm not defending anyone.

Just still speaking the truth about my opinions.

There is no policy to be against offshore talk at SBR. Just that the company does not wish to be seen actively promoting and resolving disputes for it anymore.
    Points Awarded:

capitalist pig gave Optional 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

If USA approached offshore books they would fold up like cheap suits we all know this

How easy is it to find offshore owners??

How about under 24 hrs they would be arrested , USA knows where terrorists are in mountains they sure can find out offshore owners wearing mink coats in downtown San Jose real quick

capitalist pig

Honestly I am not really sure how exactly Australia negotiated compliance so much better than the USA managed to do it. But one major book did tell me the initial approach was casual and friendly and they simply agreed to block Aussie traffic.

Also, I'm not defending anyone.

Just still speaking the truth about my opinions.

There is no policy to be against offshore talk at SBR. Just that the company does not wish to be seen actively promoting and resolving disputes for it anymore.
    I guess this is the answer

Overseas bookmakers with Australian gambling licences are as safe as any homegrown betting agency. Betting sites that are based overseas must have an Australian office and must follow Australian gambling laws so you can be sure that they are safe and trustworthy.

That would never happen in the USA, a offshore USA based office

jjgold

There’s a good mix here USA amd offshore talk

We can’t deny it’s a very big part of gambling meaning offshore
    Points Awarded:

capitalist pig gave jjgold 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13498

If they take offshores down, USA books wouldn't grow. That's the thing.

I'd probably only bet golf with USA books. There is just no reason for me to even bet with them period. I don't bet for fun. I only bet to make money. If I can't bet to make money, I won't bet at all.
    Points Awarded:

ace7550 gave Crusherrr 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

I’d laugh my ass off.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post

I'd probably only bet golf with USA books. There is just no reason for me to even bet with them period. I don't bet for fun. I only bet to make money. If I can't bet to make money, I won't bet at all.
    true many will go local again agents
    tough to stop that

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21401

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post

The USA books don't want you anyway. I mean that as a compliment.

But they would grow. How about all the "Bovada" folks?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

How do they legally ban businesses that are 100% legal in their own jurisdictions?

USA does not get to make rules for other countries nor can they ban Americans from using legal foreign business under international trade agreements.

USA already got convicted and fined for breaking international laws when they tried to ban Jamaica books.

That's why we ended up with the bans on money transfer businesses being used for gambling as a more legal way to try.
    They can't specifically, but I suppose they could crack down on individuals sending funds overseas for wagering.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

They can't specifically, but I suppose they could crack down on individuals sending funds overseas for wagering.
    I am sure they find a way to try if there is a will to get it done.

But it really is not as simple as asking feds to ban them somehow.

Optional

The best way to get control and taxes from established offshores would be for states to try to license them.

jjgold

Never will happen they all have criminal backgrounds

A no go

The best way to get control and taxes from established offshores would be for states to try to license them.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Other way around. They have to ask states for licenses.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Other way around. They have to ask states for licenses.
    States would need to entice them at this point I think.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

Imagine how well a US book would do if they operated like BOL and had better customer service. Big opportunity here for someone with deep pockets to come in and dominate the US market.
    Keep your lines razor sharp and treat your players well. Give reasonable bonuses and don't kick winners out. There's your formula.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    Imagine how well a US book would do if they operated like BOL and had better customer service. Big opportunity here for someone with deep pockets to come in and dominate the US market.
    Keep your lines razor sharp and treat your players well. Give reasonable bonuses and don't kick winners out. There's your formula.
    That's what Circa is aiming to be.

jjgold

yep but usa books too stupid because most managed by European firms

TheU
    TheU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

This is such bullshit. Sports wagering is not legal in my state and I’ve been doing offshore gambling for years now. IF they ban us from using them I will be so pissed! This country has gone down the tubes but yet they are worried about people betting on sports offshore? 🤬😡 Hope this doesn’t happen!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

USA books could just try providing a better product and winning customers. As opposed to circumventing the free market with lobbying and bureaucracy.
    Great post. You can tell they are thieves in the night. Running the operation like a bookie who steals 0.5 to 1 point when you call to make a wager.

Let the customers wager large.... let them win (if they can).... then tax the earnings.... everything is on record... having the SS number etc. Run an honest operation... would attract even more potential customers. They really have no brains. F them. Wager offshore then.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm sure the gov would love to ban offshore by football season.... I'd like to see them try. They would literally have to make a law immediately.... and have strict enforcing by Sept 1 2022 in the guidelines. Possible scare tactic like always?? Who knows?

Our govt has done weird things.... like writing and enforcing an indoor tanning tax law on Christmas Eve. Who the hell meets on Christmas Eve to vote?? True story. They did this so it would go into effect "TAX WISE" January 1 of the following year. Most ridiculous thing ever done IMO.

So if they can do that.... they can do anything.

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Great post. You can tell they are thieves in the night. Running the operation like a bookie who steals 0.5 to 1 point when you call to make a wager.

Let the customers wager large.... let them win (if they can).... then tax the earnings.... everything is on record... having the SS number etc. Run an honest operation... would attract even more potential customers. They really have no brains. F them. Wager offshore then.
    Listen to the CEO of DraftKings speak (starts about 10 seconds in). The guy even sounds like a little weasel

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    it is good thing i am a sucky bettor and reach zero frequently. can't be lower.
    Busting out avoids so many hassles with payouts etc.
    Points Awarded:

pologq gave icon 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

They're going to ban offshore

Heard that back in 1998, in 2001, in 2005, 06, etc etc etc

First 1234 Last