pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25546

Guy makes quarter mill a year and was on a sun run and I have been waiting 3 months for my baklava

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Grogu use the force
    Points Awarded:

svsooner gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Just pick more winners, pal.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Egeico who you like tonight?

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Reload.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

It's a lot easier to do this when you know enough money is coming next payday to still live anyway.

Cold turkey for a while is really the only option when cash is always easily available.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeatTheJerk

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

To be fair you would have lost it in the stock market anyways so don't sweat it pal.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

You need to be honest with yourself man, are you a decent gambler who can win or are you a streaky flueky one and man if you win big you got to spend it ffs, buy something, give to your family and friends, if you have good family and friends they will help you back when you're in deep shit

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Two things, it sounds untrue and you haven't become an SBR Pro yet which doesn't make sense.
    Why would anyone want to be a Pro? Lol

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

If you and your girl are bringing in decent money just stop gambling and it’ll be fine

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Why would anyone want to be a Pro? Lol
    For starters, if you are going to spend some time on a forum why wouldn't you contribute by supporting it? Secondly at least some level of validation has occurred. Do you prefer people just make alt accounts constantly? It has certain advantages in a game of psychological warfare to be sure, but I would hope we would want a forum that is growing not one that is run by 2 people with 400 accounts. Eventually that model will fail.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who pays someone $250,000 a year that can't figure out how to win in sports gambling? I wonder if his boss losing a ton of money paying an incompetent man a quarter of a million.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 862

Quote Originally Posted by EGrecu View Post
    I've been gambling on and off for about 8 years now with horrendous results. I lost about 200K over the last 8 years

This year, I put in 50K and hit a crazy hot streak...I had about a 2 month period in NBA where I was winning at like 65% clip. I got 50K up to about 300-400K. On one sunday, I went 1-9 and lost about 100K. I started chasing like crazy and lost the remaining 200-300K

Since then, things have gotten really bad - I took out loans of about 40K and lost another 100K out of my 401k (I'm now down to 50K)

I don't know what to do. I'm so depressed about this whole situation. I make really good money (about 200-230K) working in sales and my fiance will start working as a nurse in 6 months so I'll have about a 280K household income. The income sounds great but I'm so depressed about how much I've lost that it's hard for me to get excited

I know I need to stop gambling and I've finally stopped but how can I get myself out of this hole mentally? I'm 33 years old. I swear to god I'm not lying about anything - I can post screenshots for everything I claimed
    Bro, you had the same story 6-8 months ago. You chest thump quite a bit for a guy who is down over a half million here. Didn’t you post plays yesterday?. Go back and see what we told you a few months back.
    Points Awarded:

svsooner gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    What field is your successful career in ?
    Guy sells used cars.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

G'dmit why didn't you guys say this guy was trouble much sooner. I shoulda read his post history

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

This guy is probably morino
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave Allure 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    The WOJ is the best.
    WOJ is the real deal. This Geico guy just wants attention.

mjsuax13

I can post screenshots of everything if you'd like. I swear to god I'm telling the truth on everything
    Bro- there is no need to prove it. Please post your plays. It’s really disrespectful to “talk about the wins” and then not post the 1-9 fades. Thanks.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

first things first learn how to gamble . you can start with $5 units dont move up til you can beat that price .. gl

EGrecu
    EGrecu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

Guys my problem is I can't gamble using reasonable amounts

I hit a bit of a losing streak and I start chasing crazy amounts cause I hate losing anything. I go crazy

I think I have to go cold turkey forever and just focus on being great in my job. If I save money and invest for 10 years, I'll be a millionaire.

I'm just so devastated over what has happened

EGrecu

Quote Originally Posted by risKingDigits View Post
    Diggity is right, your brain is addicted to the dopamine fix that comes from gambling. Addicts need to trade a bad habit for a less severe habit. Preferably something that involves cardio.
    I lift weights a lot

But nothing comes close to the dopamine fix from gambling

I just gotta replace the extreme high of gambling with multiple smaller highs

My problem is I'm just obsessed with the money I lost and I can't stop thinking about it

EGrecu

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    If you and your girl are bringing in decent money just stop gambling and it’ll be fine
    It's just gonna take a long time to get back the money I lost. The patience is the hard thing for me. I want the money back today

Optional

Guys my problem is I can't gamble using reasonable amounts

I hit a bit of a losing streak and I start chasing crazy amounts cause I hate losing anything. I go crazy

I think I have to go cold turkey forever and just focus on being great in my job. If I save money and invest for 10 years, I'll be a millionaire.

I'm just so devastated over what has happened
    Why? You haven't even lost 20% of your annual salary per year. And you are young and know you need to change it.

Imagine having a low income and "cant bet reasonable amounts". Then you would have a real problem.

Do you wish to be banned from SBR to help you stop?

EGrecu

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Why? You haven't even lost 20% of your annual salary per year. And you are young and know you need to change it.

Imagine having a low income and "cant bet reasonable amounts". Then you would have a real problem.

Do you wish to be banned from SBR to help you stop?
    That doesn't matter

I need to have the self control to stop. I am always going to have excess cash to gamble cause of my high income

Optional

That doesn't matter

I need to have the self control to stop. I am always going to have excess cash to gamble cause of my high income
    Whilst you tell yourself you cannot stop, or cannot bet reasonable amounts, you'll never do it.

Of course you can do both those things. It's not a physical addiction, it's a mental crutch that you escape with.

If you force yourself to walk away for one month, the habitual aspect will be vastly reduced and make it much easier to use self control if you do end up coming back to it after 4 weeks.

If you last 3 months you will probably start to wonder how you ever had a problem to start with.

Just do it. 4 weeks.

EGrecu

Whilst you tell yourself you cannot stop, or cannot bet reasonable amounts, you'll never do it.

Of course you can do both those things. It's not a physical addiction, it's a mental crutch that you escape with.

If you force yourself to walk away for one month, the habitual aspect will be vastly reduced and make it much easier to use self control if you do end up coming back to it after 4 weeks.

If you last 3 months you will probably start to wonder how you ever had a problem to start with.

Just do it. 4 weeks.
    I think stopping completely is a more realistic scenario than trying to do it responsibly

I took a year break multiple times from it and was fine. The issue is the dopamine rush from it is very extreme. Nothing else compares so I have to find a way to survive without it

Optional

If you can stop like that, and you are only spending 20% of income, I would be taking heart that you haven't ruined your life and you know you can stop if you decide to.

You must not be a dope or complete loser to hold down a high paying job. You'll be fine if you choose to be.

EGrecu

If you can stop like that, and you are only spending 20% of income, I would be taking heart that you haven't ruined your life and you know you can stop if you decide to.

You must not be a dope or complete loser to hold down a high paying job. You'll be fine if you choose to be.
    let me elaborate

the issue is tri fold

1)I keep obsessing over the lost money to where it's hard for me to move on with my life

2)I am greedy and arrogant like the other person said and it's hard for me to accept how long it will take to get the money back - it will probably take me 10 years to get to where I want to be at financially in my life. I want it back ASAP

3)The dopamine rush from gambling is very extreme. I've been able to replace it in the past but it is hard to replace. I play videogames, lift weights, fukk my GF...but none of that comes close to the intensity of the dopamine rush, especially when I bet big amounts

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153480

how much are you down lifetime if you don't mind saying?

EGrecu

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    how much are you down lifetime if you don't mind saying?
    probably 300-350K honestly

it's just soul crushing to think that I should have that much in liquid cash right now and how great my life would be and what I could do with that much money...knowing I lost it all cause I'm a penetrating idiot

A1t2b3t
    A1t2b3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I also have something really horrible to discuss, but I don't want jjgold to become horny early in the morning.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Every gambler dies broke never forget that

Your choice

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

A top notch sex life will make me forget about gambling and/or sports for a while, but that always fades after a while in a relationship and thats just trading one rush for another. I was just a working class enlisted man in the military as a young man, but I would've chased pussy much more if I had alot of money. Marriage wasn't for me. Sex addiction could be pretty bad too though and f up any real relationships

Maybe you secretly want to lose like that Al Pacino speech at the GA meeting in Two For The Money? If thats the case then find a good shrink. Every addictive behavior falls back on something. Its a way for the brain to self medicate. No shame in becoming healthier in body or in mind

A1t2b3t
    A1t2b3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Chasing penguins always worked for me

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

I'd been married about 4 years and we were going thru a rough patch. My ex-wife was a nice petite blonde and we were out on a date night with another couple around 1997 or something. We're drinking wine and everyone is laughing and I remember she sat on my lap at this outdoor cafe and I liked it, but I had to get up and find a payphone so I could check the 800# scoreline. I find out I lost $600 or something on a basketball game when I made like $35k a year at that time. I then had to go back and pretend I was having fun with the 3 of them. Gambling really can f you up and turn you into an actor and a fake. If you're determined to go down that road anyway then I suggest you do it alone and only drown yourself

First 12345 Last