5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28986

SONOMA RACEWAY (Trucks/Cup)---

Alright guys we are headed to Cali for some road courses races from SONOMA RACEWAY. The trucks and Cup series will both be in action, while the Xfinity series starts its 2 week race vacation. There is also an F1 race this weekend. The race weekend gets started on Saturday afternoon at 2pm with the truck series practice/Qualifying session, with the Cup drivers following up at 5pm with their Practice/Qualifying session. Both will be airing live on FS1. The Saturday night the trucks will race a@ 7:30pm. The Cup series race will close the race weekend @ 4pm on Sunday evening. Both races will also be airing on FS1 again this week.

Not my fav racetrack or even road course, but its a pretty good race usually betting wise. Just a little more slow. Was a little shocked when I saw openers last night to be honest. Haven't seen the truck entry list yet, but there will probably be 1 or 2 Cup guys in that one also I would think. Well hopefully we can all have another good race weekend! ​GOOD LUCK!!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Truex an Auto-play at his opening # here imo
    Points Awarded:

mink gave 5mike5 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

Bovada posted 1000 on Truex which is a gift
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave unlearn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mink gave unlearn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Bowman, A.Dillon, Chastain, and KB will all run the truck race Sat night

cant wait to see odds for this

mink
    mink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3565

Max at +110 is an auto-play at Baku just like Truex at +1000 is an auto-play at Sonoma.

Max/Truex parlay +2210

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9854

because of the high-speed advantage, or what speaks for Verstappen at those odds? Usually the Baku races tend to be more on the crazy side, and so far Verstappen hasn't even finished on the podium on this track.

mink

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    because of the high-speed advantage, or what speaks for Verstappen at those odds? Usually the Baku races tend to be more on the crazy side, and so far Verstappen hasn't even finished on the podium on this track.
    Massive straight-line speed advantage at a track where straight-line speed is king. I don't know what you mean by "crazy side." Max made last year's race a snooze fest until the tire blew up with a few to go. It's a race where you simply cannot hold a fast car back with strategy. Starting position might not even matter (it didn't last year).

That's my humble take. Let's see.

infotimbo

there's been one race in 5 years which has been won by the favourite, and cars @10+ odds have been on the podium more often than not. So I'd think for F1 standards, that's "crazy".

But yeah, sure, I agree that he should probably have the quickest car, even if rear-limited circuits usually play more into Ferrari's hands.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mink

mink

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    there's been one race in 5 years which has been won by the favourite, and cars @10+ odds have been on the podium more often than not. So I'd think for F1 standards, that's "crazy".

But yeah, sure, I agree that he should probably have the quickest car, even if rear-limited circuits usually play more into Ferrari's hands.
    Man, I hope we get an exciting race with many long-shot possibilities, but I simply don't see that happening. We might get a better number on Max after qualifying because catching a tow at the right time can make all the difference.

I should add, at +1000 odds, you'd be a fool to parlay Truex with Max without also laying some cash on Truex as a single play.

mink

Cole Pearn to serve as engineer on the 19 at Sonoma—great story line for the Truex backers to follow this weekend. LFG!
    Last edited by mink; 06-07-22 at 04:42 PM.
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave mink 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mink View Post
    Cole Pearn to serve as engineer on the 19 at Sonoma—great story line for the Truex backers to follow this weekend. LFG!
    Mink going for b2b headshot parlays
    LFG

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO

I will be fading Shitstain in h2hs for cup as he is 1000% getting dumped by 11. 9 has no balls obv

11>1+100
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mink

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

No one thinking KyleB to do the double?

boardsnow24
    boardsnow24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2797

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    No one thinking KyleB to do the double?
    It won’t let me bet that parlay!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

yeah i cant play same driver on same weekend like that either....any other combo is fine...like kyle/elliott

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

both guys said they aren't gonna waste wrecking Chastain until it really means something

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    both guys said they aren't gonna waste wrecking Chastain until it really means something
    I also told the wife I was gonna pull out. Obv lied

infotimbo

sounds like you guys prefer to rely on past experience instead of COTA results!? Not sure how much it's worth either, but struggling a bit to disregard that basically all favorites (apart from Dinger) were dead slow there, tbh.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

completely diff racetrack

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mink View Post
    Max at +110 is an auto-play at Baku just like Truex at +1000 is an auto-play at Sonoma.

Max/Truex parlay +2210
    I got a great one for ya

BLANEY (+900) Top Ford

Points Awarded:

mink gave 5mike5 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

infotimbo

completely diff racetrack
    sure, but the only road course race with those cars. It's been levelling out a bit over the past weeks, but generally I'd say momentum has been way more important than past results this year so far.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I'd say all the late race yellas and GWC chaos have caused it. Just the way it swings sometimes, but the best cars all race have rarely won this year because of it. Of course some teams/drivers adapting to new car and tires better than others, but guys that are great at a track aren't just not gonna be imo. I haven't really seen that

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I've only played #19 so far to win the race. Obv is his best racetrack. Of them all not just the RCs. I'll take almost any driver at his best track at close to +1000. Will prob add 1 more single b4 the weekend. Waiting for all props to post.

Parlay a couple things for Trucks and 1 or 2 single then decide rest of cup card. Wish I could get some top 10s at books up. Like to see the long shot odds on a few guys

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Sonoma a different animal to most road courses we run.

Rewards smooth tire savers which are often the same people in whatever vehicle I think.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Mike you had a great call earlier in the year at COTA fading Elliott and Larson.

I was thinking things would trend more to form here? I was thinking about just making win bets on the top three finishers from last year Larson, Elliott and Truex. They average out to about +240 on the wager.

Thoughts? Thanks!

infotimbo

I'd say all the late race yellas and GWC chaos have caused it. Just the way it swings sometimes, but the best cars all race have rarely won this year because of it. Of course some teams/drivers adapting to new car and tires better than others, but guys that are great at a track aren't just not gonna be imo. I haven't really seen that
    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Sonoma a different animal to most road courses we run.

Rewards smooth tire savers which are often the same people in whatever vehicle I think.
    yeah, thanks, probably you're right. I can't bet this early anyway, just wasn't sure which direction to head yet - but odds that high for someone potentially able to dominate never hurt anyway, of course. @10+ leaves enough room for a bit of uncertainty.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Mike you had a great call earlier in the year at COTA fading Elliott and Larson.

I was thinking things would trend more to form here? I was thinking about just making win bets on the top three finishers from last year Larson, Elliott and Truex. They average out to about +240 on the wager.

Thoughts? Thanks!
    I would think so even though I think it will be little more wide open this year. I'm usually not 1 to play several early favs single, but its not like i would fade any. I went with #19 so far prob add 1 more b4 they qualify. Odds are better than I ever expected on them. I played 9 as one of my parlays with KB trucks win.
    Last edited by 5mike5; 06-09-22 at 12:42 PM.
    Points Awarded:

BigJay gave 5mike5 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mink

I see some books have Hocevar in head-to-heads. Suarez is on standby for Hocevar. I get the feeling Hocevar will start and Suarez will relief. There might be some opportunity there for shenanigans.
    Last edited by mink; 06-09-22 at 03:36 PM.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Rossi at +1600 seems decent. Needed 1 more lap last week

BigJay

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Rossi at +1600 seems decent. Needed 1 more lap last week
    Rossi, Janice Rossi?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fAImYGpKO2Q

adrenalinerush
    adrenalinerush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7904

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO

Almost forgot we have 3 races Sunday. Indy is at Road America at noon. Ganassi cars have won the last 3 there but Newgarden was dominating this race last year when his gearbox failed on the last restart.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

infotimbo

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    Ganassi cars have won the last 3 there but Newgarden was dominating this race last year when his gearbox failed on the last restart.
    same as the year before btw, but stopped by some pit stop issue back then

BigJay

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    Almost forgot we have 3 races Sunday. Indy is at Road America at noon. Ganassi cars have won the last 3 there but Newgarden was dominating this race last year when his gearbox failed on the last restart.
    When is practice/qualifying for this race? I want to make sure I have a chance to get a couple of opening odds before it goes off the board today or tomorrow

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

When is practice/qualifying for this race? I want to make sure I have a chance to get a couple of opening odds before it goes off the board today or tomorrow
    Friday Practice 4:25-5:40pm

Saturday Practice 10:45-11:45am

Saturday Qualifying 1:45-3:00pm

Saturday Final Practice 5:20-5:50pm

Sunday Race 12:30pm

1234 Last