shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post
    The crazy thing is, while sec is sueing ripple, ripple is partnering with so many other big name companies to accept xrp in other countries. That goes to show how much confidence everyone has in it. And you know they probably have verbal deals with us companies pending conclusion of the court case.

The biggest thing is with xrp you can move millions of $ in minutes with minimal fees. With bitcoin that would be very difficult and it would take way longer, not to mention huge huge fees. I honestly think btc will be way down in 10 yrs.
    You are comparing apples and oranges, ripple is targeting the banking system and the way they move money.

Bitcoin is a store of wealth for pensions and institutions. Ripple doesn't care about retail or the public they've got their target audience and brad garlinghouse has done nothing lately but prove he is a petty little man when it comes to btc

shadymcgrady

Another shady fact with the ripple lawsuit is that they could have already settled and come out of this case with a win but decided to allow the sec motion to delay recently. Coincidence?

Hell fukking no, they knew this bloodbath was coming and didn't want to announce their victory over the sec under dire circumstances but rather wait for the bear market to be over. If they were such a powerhouse they wouldn't need delay tactics to pump their coin or ride eth 2.0's coattails

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Another shady fact with the ripple lawsuit is that they could have already settled and come out of this case with a win but decided to allow the sec motion to delay recently. Coincidence?

Hell fukking no, they knew this bloodbath was coming and didn't want to announce their victory over the sec under dire circumstances but rather wait for the bear market to be over. If they were such a powerhouse they wouldn't need delay tactics to pump their coin or ride eth 2.0's coattails
    Definitely a plausible theory.

raiders72001

This next run could be the mother of all runs with so much going on.

Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4478

I agree with most of what you said. Yes they likely could have settled. I agree with you that the timing of the Crypto going way down right now is less than ideal to settle currently. But I don't believe they wanna settle. I think they want a big fat WIN, and to make the sec look like more of a joke than it is. This is a really bad look for the sec, and that's why I think ripple wants to give them a big f u!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24611

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    This next run could be the mother of all runs with so much going on.
    Fingers crossed. Hope you're doing well, Raiders.

shadymcgrady

I agree with most of what you said. Yes they likely could have settled. I agree with you that the timing of the Crypto going way down right now is less than ideal to settle currently. But I don't believe they wanna settle. I think they want a big fat WIN, and to make the sec look like more of a joke than it is. This is a really bad look for the sec, and that's why I think ripple wants to give them a big f u!
    They are going to win, it's just a matter of when. Gensler is fukked

Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4478

They are going to win, it's just a matter of when. Gensler is fukked
    Agreed! 🍻

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Weak hands need to sell and then the vultures will come in to buy and lift it to great highs again. There is a reason they are called vulture capitalists.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

just hold it

it's not hard

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Fingers crossed. Hope you're doing well, Raiders.
    Same to you.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

I'm glad I didn't buy any crypto during Elon Musk's stupid doge memes since 2021.
    Bitcoin is now at it's lowest price to buy.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

I put this in another thread but best long term investment... you gotta get on the xrp train. Currently down to .40. What I'm reading is by 2030 it's gonna be up past $20 per xrp. Once they win in there lawsuit vs the sec, it's gonna skyrocket. The lawsuit should be over by the end of 2022. I've been buying a shit ton and gonna get more soon. Low risk, massive massive reward!
    $20 would make it almost a 1 Trillion $ market cap.
    The whole crypto market is not even worth $2 Trillion.

Good luck with

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Git Lo

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    $20 would make it almost a 1 Trillion $ market cap.
    The whole crypto market is not even worth $2 Trillion.

Good luck with
    The crypto market cap is going to stay at 2 trillion by 2030? Good luck with that

floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

exchanges should delist luna

shadymcgrady

Everyone is quick to blame do kwon but fails to acknowledge that blackrock was the actor behind this attack. Just change his name to don't kwon and move on, he's an idiot but a victim as well
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave shadymcgrady 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

luna is now 0.006

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Do Kwon 8 days ago

Do Kwon: "95% are going to die [coins], but there's also entertainment in watching companies die too"

Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave Yulia74 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

raiders72001

Everyone is quick to blame do kwon but fails to acknowledge that blackrock was the actor behind this attack. Just change his name to don't kwon and move on, he's an idiot but a victim as well
    BlackRock controls the world. They have their hands in everything. Trillions in holdings, including major share holder in many of the bigger companies and media outlets.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 959

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'm glad I didn't buy any crypto during Elon Musk's stupid doge memes since 2021.
    Bitcoin is now at it's lowest price to buy.
    You have alot to learn

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18868

Very true. LUNA/UST was a financial experiment that turned out to have a lethal vulnerability.

I had equal cash in both. I was able to cash out the UST yesterday for 63¢ on the dollar. Counting rewards I received for 6 months of staking, about a 27% loss. So, not too bad there. The LUNA, however, is hopeless - waited too long. The good news is I rebought Ape Coin and it is having a good day.....

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9589

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    You have alot to learn
    ~~~
    Please expand.

biggie12

he's showing the btc chart and saying he shouldn't of bought any crypto. know people that have made millions this past year.

Sure if ur buying btc to just hodl now is a good time but it's besides the point.

what is going on with safemoon they made a huge buy back today they think the chart being in the green during the dump will help their cause

biggie12

Raiders what u think about hbar I put a big buy order in at .0825 don't think I'll catch It tho

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    BlackRock controls the world. They have their hands in everything. Trillions in holdings, including major share holder in many of the bigger companies and media outlets.
    I saw some video on YT not too long ago, with some chick telling some spooky story about how Blackrock controls almost everything.

I realize that yes they own shares in most all of the biggest Fortune 500 companies, but same can be said for Vanguard, Fidelity, Ishares, Berkshire, State Street, and on and on.

I've always thought Fund managers, especially ones managing pensions and general retirement investment accounts, were all about getting value for their portfolio of clients investments, aka their money/savings.

I remember in that video, the chick was trying to act like my using smaller local/regional banks, or credit unions, and by shopping at smaller mom & pop brick and mortar places, that would help in some large way.

I don't doubt the shop local buy local mantra when it comes to retail & food/beverage/entertainment. Studies over and over show that higher percentage of dollar amounts spend at local independent businesses get redistributed back to local economies.

But on the larger global scale, for those massive fund managers, that chick in the video tried acting like they were immune to social and political issues and/or backlash because of how powerful they were all because of how many shares of a corporation they owned.

I call BS on that narrative. Again, they(hedge funds/investment funds/etc. are about getting value for their clients money.

Most of the funds, like Blackrock or Vanguard, will still hold investment in companies that get boycotted for whatever social/political issue and most will allow and/or accept changes to company policies and or business strategy, in order to keep value.
    These massive funds might hold shares in companies that exploit slave labor in zhit-hole countries around the world and also own shares in media companies that allow and/or cater to disinformation or general overall rabblerousing by targeting certain political mindsets, and then also own shares in corporations that are all about diversity and self-expression and blah blah blah. Basically they go where there is value.

A quick example would be: The recent abortion issue - Companies like Apple and Amazon have stated they would pay for employees expenses to travel to get an abortion. Blackrock and Vanguard are largest funds with holding in Apple & Amazon. Even before the abortion issue, both those companies have embraced what would be deemed "leftist" policies on social issues. yes, both companies are still capitalists, and will exploit the labor where possible, but they're still open to people's individual self-expression, within reason of course.
    Back to the abortion equation; Obviously if Blackrock and Vanguard have controlling powers at those companies - or were even worried in the slightest about backlash - they wouldn't have allowed those policy changes, or at best try to keep the company changes under wrap and not announce publicly. They probably weighed the options and decided that the possibility of losing a small percentage of users/customers that don't agree with them.
    Because let's face it, where would some alt-right religious extreme bible thumpers switch their business/shopping to? Android phones? That's Google. And Google has always been considered "leftist." Or are they gonna stop using Amazon and switch to Walmart? I don't know about all Walmart's, but the ones around me for past decade, or more, have employees across the full-spectrum of beliefs and especially personal appearances. There are people with anime tats, half shaved heads, bright-colored hair, gauged out ears, working alongside old ladies that are soft-spoken and look like they don't miss a sunday church service, and then some guy pulling pallets of stock through the aisles wearing zhit-kickers and Wranglers with a barcode tat on his neck with "F*ck You!" under it, along with a Punisher tat and a mash-up tat of half US flag with half old Confederate flag with flames around it. And not to mention Target, the alt-right crowd definitely wouldn't like Target's social policies.
    So, funds like Blackrock are gonna cater and adjust, or at best have a voting say, and let companies they invest in adopt new policies and or business strategies, as long as they are still making money for clients accounts.
    People still have the power to make change by boycotts. And funds like Blackrock either go along or jump ship.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

he's showing the btc chart and saying he shouldn't of bought any crypto. know people that have made millions this past year.

Sure if ur buying btc to just hodl now is a good time but it's besides the point.

what is going on with safemoon they made a huge buy back today they think the chart being in the green during the dump will help their cause
    Dam forgot about Safemoon. Didnt that die out a few months ago? (A month in crypto feels like a 3 months in real time).

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    If inflation averages 7.5% for 9 years you will have a hell of a lot more to worry about than what your investments are worth. You'd be fighting the neighbors for food by then.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18868

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    I saw some video on YT not too long ago, with some chick telling some spooky story about how Blackrock controls almost everything.

I realize that yes they own shares in most all of the biggest Fortune 500 companies, but same can be said for Vanguard, Fidelity, Ishares, Berkshire, State Street, and on and on.

I've always thought Fund managers, especially ones managing pensions and general retireme.........
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - Henry Ford

The thing is, the sheep don't care. Give 'em bread and circuses (movies, football, TV, a two party system where it doesn't matter who's in charge) and they are happy.

I wouldn't dismiss the chick's outlook. She has her points. Trouble is, well, the sheep don't care. Not enough free thinkers to make a difference. Most people are happy with their "slavery". I detest Amazon but I will probably buy a few items from them now and again. Same with Wal-mart. Some things are hard to find local. I quit Coca-Cola over their "leanings". I bank with a local credit union. Getting out of the big banks is a good move. I got out of Fidelity and got into crypto.

The thing about the LUNA/UST fiasco is it is a blow to alt-establishment movement and those of us that want to have a better system. It was Big Corps flexing their muscle. Blackrock is evil. Crush those freedom lovers like bugs.

Do you know the big boys will fund both sides in a war? Happened in both WW1 and WW2. What you won't hear on your local news is that today Russia is also/probably getting "help". If they can make money, they don't care about the human cost.

If you want to understand what Mr. Henry Ford is talking about, read "The Creature from Jekyll Island".
    Points Awarded:

Git Lo gave Arky 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001 gave Arky 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24611

Salud, Arky. Man it's a long way back. Holy hell.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Dam forgot about Safemoon. Didnt that die out a few months ago? (A month in crypto feels like a 3 months in real time).
    very much dead the devs probably buying back to create this chart hoping the og shit hunters buy into it. Stay far away

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post

I've always thought Fund managers, especially ones managing pensions and general retirement investment accounts, were all about getting value for their portfolio of clients investments, aka their money/savings.

I remember in that video, the chick was trying to act like my using smaller local/regional banks, or credit unions, and by shopping at smaller mom & pop brick and mortar places, that would help in some large way.

I don't doubt the shop local buy local mantra when it comes to retail & food/beverage/entertainment. Studies over and over show that higher percentage of dollar amounts spend at local independent businesses get redistributed back to local economies.

But on the larger global scale, for those massive fund managers, that chick in the video tried acting like they were immune to social and political issues and/or backlash because of how powerful they were all because of how many shares of a corporation they owned.

I call BS on that narrative. Again, they(hedge funds/investment funds/etc. are about getting value for their clients money.

Most of the funds, like Blackrock or Vanguard, will still hold investment in companies that get boycotted for whatever social/political issue and most will allow and/or accept changes to company policies and or business strategy, in order to keep value.
    These massive funds might hold shares in companies that exploit slave labor in zhit-hole countries around the world and also own shares in media companies that allow and/or cater to disinformation or general overall rabblerousing by targeting certain political mindsets, and then also own shares in corporations that are all about diversity and self-expression and blah blah blah. Basically they go where there is value.

A quick example would be: The recent abortion issue - Companies like Apple and Amazon have stated they would pay for employees expenses to travel to get an abortion. Blackrock and Vanguard are largest funds with holding in Apple & Amazon. Even before the abortion issue, both those companies have embraced what would be deemed "leftist" policies on social issues. yes, both companies are still capitalists, and will exploit the labor where possible, but they're still open to people's individual self-expression, within reason of course.
    Back to the abortion equation; Obviously if Blackrock and Vanguard have controlling powers at those companies - or were even worried in the slightest about backlash - they wouldn't have allowed those policy changes, or at best try to keep the company changes under wrap and not announce publicly. They probably weighed the options and decided that the possibility of losing a small percentage of users/customers that don't agree with them.
    Because let's face it, where would some alt-right religious extreme bible thumpers switch their business/shopping to? Android phones? That's Google. And Google has always been considered "leftist." Or are they gonna stop using Amazon and switch to Walmart? I don't know about all Walmart's, but the ones around me for past decade, or more, have employees across the full-spectrum of beliefs and especially personal appearances. There are people with anime tats, half shaved heads, bright-colored hair, gauged out ears, working alongside old ladies that are soft-spoken and look like they don't miss a sunday church service, and then some guy pulling pallets of stock through the aisles wearing zhit-kickers and Wranglers with a barcode tat on his neck with "F*ck You!" under it, along with a Punisher tat and a mash-up tat of half US flag with half old Confederate flag with flames around it. And not to mention Target, the alt-right crowd definitely wouldn't like Target's social policies.
    So, funds like Blackrock are gonna cater and adjust, or at best have a voting say, and let companies they invest in adopt new policies and or business strategies, as long as they are still making money for clients accounts.
    People still have the power to make change by boycotts. And funds like Blackrock either go along or jump ship.
    I wish that you didn't put those Walmart images in my head. . As long as people aren't spreading misinformation without letting others reply such as the current Twitter, then I'm ok with most. Google bothers me a lot because they have a monopoly and are biased.

raiders72001

Raiders what u think about hbar I put a big buy order in at .0825 don't think I'll catch It tho
    Ton of upside considering the marketcap.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    The ust stable coin is down to 20 cents on the dollar. Blackrock definitely making a statement here and aims to do this to all stablecoins boasting yields that put the traditional banks to shame

First ... 186187188189190191192 ... Last