jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The higher the Bond yield goes up bitcoins in big trouble people are going to move their money to safe high interest rate funds

Why have the risk in bitcoin it makes no sense

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15362

Many investors new to the cryptocurrency scene are unaware that you can earn interest on your digital token holdings – just like you would in a bank account. However, unlike a traditional bank account – you’ll have access to significantly more attractive yields.In this beginner’s guide, we’ll discuss the very best crypto interest accounts in terms of reputation, supported tokens, APYs, lock-up terms, and more.
    The Best Crypto Interest Accounts for 2022 List

The five platforms listed below came out as the overall best crypto interest account providers for 2022.

1. Aqru – Overall Best Crypto Interest Account for 2022
    2. Crypto.com – Earn Upto 14.5% Interest on Stablecoins
    3. BlockFi – Safe Crypto Interest Account to Earn 4.5% APY on Bitcoin
    4. Binance – Top Interest Savings Account for High Yields
    5. Coinbase – User-Friendly Way to Earn Passive Income on Your Crypto Savings
    https://www.business2community.com/c...erest-accounts

some rates have changed.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    No one has ever satisfactorily explained to me why I need bitcoin. How do I benefit? What can I do with bitcoin that I can't do other ways? How many people have a need to transfer money to the other side of the world (for legal transactions)? Not many. As far as I can tell, I have no need for it; I'm with Buffet on this until someone demonstrates otherwise.
    You are correct. Bitcoin is really useless for the average person. Most people would rather just use their banks to transfer money like they always have. Banks are much safer and money can be refunded if stolen. Not the case with bitcoin. If somebody hacks your account good luck getting your money back. The average person is not going to just leave their banks and start using bitcoin. The only thing I have ever used bitcoin for is transferring money in and out of books. Other than that it's useless for me and just about every other average person.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    You are correct. Bitcoin is really useless for the average person. Most people would rather just use their banks to transfer money like they always have. Banks are much safer and money can be refunded if stolen. Not the case with bitcoin. If somebody hacks your account good luck getting your money back. The average person is not going to just leave their banks and start using bitcoin. The only thing I have ever used bitcoin for is transferring money in and out of books. Other than that it's useless for me and just about every other average person.
    The average person doesn't invest or even attempt to preserve purchasing power.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Using Bitcoin for international money transfers saves a normal person 4% to 5% in bank fees and forex premiums.

Being paid in US$ whilst living in a Euro currency country is just one example of a non-criminal usage that also solves a significant problem of banks parasiting off international commerce.
    That's not really true anymore. With the addition of several new money transfer options now with banks bitcoin is really no less expensive. And when I transfer money to someone with my bank or other service they have the money immediately. Converting bitcoin into actual cash can be very difficult for the average person and usually comes with very high fees. So really I think it's more expensive to use bitcoin.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    The average person doesn't invest or even attempt to preserve purchasing power.
    I invest. But no way I would ever invest in fake money like bitcoin.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Enjoy that inflation.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Bitcoin isn't the peer to peer medium that it was thought to be early on it's inception. It's a store of value at this point and despite the out of control inflation the dollar is still king despite it's fundamental flaws. That could and probably will all change but not anytime in the immediate future

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

That's not really true anymore. With the addition of several new money transfer options now with banks bitcoin is really no less expensive. And when I transfer money to someone with my bank or other service they have the money immediately. Converting bitcoin into actual cash can be very difficult for the average person and usually comes with very high fees. So really I think it's more expensive to use bitcoin.
    As someone who has done international currency exchanges multiple times every month for decades, I can assure you it is really true.

Show me any traditional way I can ask a legit busines to pay me via that does not cost at least 4% more than them transferring Bitcoin and I will thank you and try to use it.

Every single old fashion way has hidden complete rip off rates or fees underlying it. And apathy like yours about who cares that they steal around 4 points off spot rate and add unknowable in advance intermediary fees on top of receive fees is why they can continue such a blatant theft.

This one banking thing is a humungous boat anchor on international commerce and is not helpful in any way.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Bitcoin isn't the peer to peer medium that it was thought to be early on it's inception. It's a store of value at this point and despite the out of control inflation the dollar is still king despite it's fundamental flaws. That could and probably will all change but not anytime in the immediate future
    I think that bitcoin will always be, at least for my lifetime, a store of value. A peer to peer crypto that can challenge the US dollar hasn't been created yet.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If other instruments guarantee like 8% return yearly bitcoin cannot grow

PAY ATTENTION TO BOND YIELDS

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Btc bloody mess. what a difference a week makes

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If other instruments guarantee like 8% return yearly bitcoin cannot grow

PAY ATTENTION TO BOND YIELDS
    Where do you find 8% guaranteed return????????????????????????????????

raiders72001

Voyager still has some nice rates.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Good luck sending money from your bank to an offshore book. I can deposit money at a book in about 10 minutes using bitcoin. I paid a contractor buddy in BTC to replace a roof. I'm looking at some land that I will probably buy in BTC. It's not in the US and there will be NO RECORD of the transaction.

If you are dumb enough to have your accounts hacked, you probably already have had your bank, ************, SSN, etc., compromised.

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Madonna saves crypto

Just when it looked like crypto was going down, Modonna jacked it back up.

First 1234