themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Mike, I THINK you meant to use a different word there.

But point taken. BTC is struggling mightily right now.
    Yes I meant to say no such thing as a bull run. It is obvious that bitcoin will be worth zero by next Wednesday. And all crypto will be nonexistent in 2 weeks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeatTheJerk

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    I've obviously had a change of heart on the correlation because there definitely is now where there wasn't in the past. There's a higher percentage of times that bitcoin has moved first, rather than vice-versa. Not sure if the Asian market is the first indicator or not yet.

Bitcoin will continue it's 4 year cycle so I still see the decoupling unless the stock market rises during late 2023- 2024. Miner's are stuck if there's no price increase and rewards are cut in half.
    Yup the NASDAQ is my baby and every time we have vomit I take a peek at BTC and alt coins and down down down they go right afterwards.

it used to be that Crypto was looked at like Gold is, the hedge, but now it clearly correlates w/ growth tech stocks as more of a risk to the Institutions and the Retail investors alike.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10351

If in fact, the dollar or other financial systems collapse, then yes, Gold, Bitcoin will become disconnected from overall financial system. There’s 120 trillion dollars in the bond market, unless this comes unwinded your are the Feds byatch. I tried to explain this multiple times but just was accused of not understanding Bitcoin. It’s not Bitcoin that needs to be understood, it’s economics.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    If in fact, the dollar or other financial systems collapse, then yes, Gold, Bitcoin will become disconnected from overall financial system. There’s 120 trillion dollars in the bond market, unless this comes unwinded your are the Feds byatch. I tried to explain this multiple times but just was accused of not understanding Bitcoin. It’s not Bitcoin that needs to be understood, it’s economics.
    You have to understand bitcoin, 4 year cycle, hashrate and onchain analysis. Bitcoin is going through a bull run near the next halving cycle and nothing is going to change that. The short term correlations will continue if tech is going up at that time.

The key right now is to figure out what sectors to be in when the bitcoin bull market begins. A couple of years ago it was defi, then changed to NFTs, metaverse, play to earn. Gun to my head today I would say it'll be move to earn, VeVe/Ecomi/Omi, Yuga labs NFTs/metaverse/land, along with other NFTs and metaverses that will pop up.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-09-22 at 12:04 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Myranda Jones

raiders72001

A lot of L1s are going to die. ETH upgrade is very important. MWEB could be huge for LTC. If the privacy aspect delists LTC at US exchanges, then it will slide.

raiders72001

I'm scooping up a lot of new things such as HRO hybrid NFTs. I have a box full and haven't even opened them up. If they hit in a year, then I'll open and scan to see what I have.

raiders72001

There hasn't been a strong correlation between bitcoin and the stock market until 2020. During the biggest stock market crashes since 2018, bitcoin has moved first. The stock market followed and it can be days.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Max Payne otw

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No such thing as a bottom

Guys trading that angle buried now

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Guys, never try to spot the bottom. Just DCA when Bitcoin price is cheap. Study 4-Year Cycles. Bitcoin goes 1-1,5 years bull, then 2-2,5 years bear. It's great time to accumulate. It may drop more but I don't think it will drop below 19-20k.
    Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave Sawyer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Guys, never try to spot the bottom. Just DCA when Bitcoin price is cheap. Study 4-Year Cycles. Bitcoin goes 1-1,5 years bull, then 2-2,5 years bear. It's great time to accumulate. It may drop more but I don't think it will drop below 19-20k.
    The bottom will be when your mom stops asking about Bitcoin and crypto.com isn’t sponsoring arenas anymore.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Wrong. Bitcoin will drop to zero this week and will not even exist anymore in 2 weeks.

shadymcgrady

Where's goat and all the other guys that like to show up with lawn chairs during the bear markets? It's piñata season for them right now

trobin31

If you think halving cycle and hash rates will continue to dictate price you might be in For a very rude awakening. just because on chain analysis predicted price before, the adoption and institutional involvement makes it like any asset which can be manipulated by anyone with enough money to keep price pinned down, including the exchanges/market makers/governments. Do not assume next halving will see lead to price increase.

shadymcgrady

I'm GG on this convo...I think I done enough for those who care to listen..get your scraps off exchange and into cold wallet...peace yall
    Welcome back, you off your meds again this time?

shadymcgrady

Where's the guy with the pot bellied pig as his avatar? When is he gonna show up to tell everyone he told us so?

raiders72001

If you think halving cycle and hash rates will continue to dictate price you might be in For a very rude awakening. just because on chain analysis predicted price before, the adoption and institutional involvement makes it like any asset which can be manipulated by anyone with enough money to keep price pinned down, including the exchanges/market makers/governments. Do not assume next halving will see lead to price increase.
    It was much easier to manipulate in the past. Institutions have changed the game which is why the highs and lows aren't as drastic. What are miners going to do when their profits are cut in half?

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19177

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    TRX bucking the freefall, interesting
    Tron is coming out with their own stablecoin called USDD. I think that's what that is all about.

--------------------------------------------------------

Times like these, many run to stablecoins or cash. While not a bad idea, when everybody does it...

Colin (who's opinion I respect), thinks it's 50:50 from here on out. Could be more bull, could be more bear. I know, not exactly Nostradamus stuff but he explains both sides. Also, talks about still being "coupled" to stocks....

https://odysee.com/@colintalkscrypto...capitulation:6

Runs about 20 mins. if you have nothing better to do.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Welcome back, you off your meds again this time?
    I literally told you crypto was gonna get gutted once the Fed started taking out liquidity and got mocked, problem with you guys is you don’t like to listen.

if you think this warning about financial system and exchanges getting cyber attacked as this war escalates is far fetched I have very little left to offer to improve your cognition .

themike78

Huge loss for bitcoin today. It will go down to 10,000 tonight and then zero by the end of the week. The end of crypto is here.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

is Do Kwon of Terra Luna selling his bitcoins? withdrew his 42.5K bitcoins
    UST is depegging
    https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/ad...vt2k76zs50tv4q

shadymcgrady

I literally told you crypto was gonna get gutted once the Fed started taking out liquidity and got mocked, problem with you guys is you don’t like to listen.

if you think this warning about financial system and exchanges getting cyber attacked as this war escalates is far fetched I have very little left to offer to improve your cognition .
    I have no idea who you think us is or what you're rambling about, I tend to take what you post with two grains of sht from the looney bin. How many times do you pat yourself on the back just to hear yourself talk guy? Get a grip, I could throw 50 predictions on the wall a day and come back here and beat my chest when one of them finally hits as well. Actually no I couldn't do that so good on you little guy
    Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave shadymcgrady 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    UST is depegging
    I don't know what type of monkey business they're playing but he has a $10m bet with GCR.

Accrued Interest
    Accrued Interest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1541

It depends on the Federal Reserve and what they do with the stock market. This is the beginning of a long-term trend down. Good chance it drops 80% here. If the stock market tanks, it's over.

If they panic and prop up the market at 3500, it can have a move up.

raiders72001

Edward Moya, senior market strategist at currency data provider OANDA, notes that institutional buyers are starting to pay close attention to Bitcoin, given that many who got in during 2021 are now losing money on their investment. "If the $30,000 level breaks, that could trigger a flash crash environment if several whales unload," he says.

Accrued Interest

Everybody jumps in at the top. That is why it is the top.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Raider, does that talk mean anything?

I'd think $30k is more likely to trigger a BUY (than a sell).

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    UST is depegging
    I saw something on this in one of the many updates I get. Pretty sure it was something to do with loaning his Bitcoin out to create stability and/or revenue for the Terra Blockchain. I don't have a link or anything but it didn't strike me as a big deal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXRGY8uuIEE

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Toby on UST losing its peg (RT = 2:38). Now at .945 cents!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxTFg-teuE

----------------------------------------------------------------

Seems as though most governments are up to no good these days including our own. Beware the cyber-attacks and false flags they may generate to get public sympathy because it is "they" who are the bad guys.... Saw where they are trying to ban Russian-owned Kaspersky Antivirus because they might be stealing our data. I use Kaspersky, eheh. They already banned it in government IT departments. Old timers will remember the Red Scare. It's the Red Scare all over again.
    Last edited by Arky; 05-09-22 at 04:13 PM.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Raider, does that talk mean anything?

I'd think $30k is more likely to trigger a BUY (than a sell).
    I agree with you. A lot of high profile people seem to make statements for their own benefit.

Accrued Interest

Inflation is primarily being created by investment speculation. The only way they can get a handle on it is to drive down asset prices. Bitcoin has to go. It is just a question of how long people keep the faith. Look at NFTs. That is the first wave.

Accrued Interest

The stock market has been going up because everybody knew the Federal Reserve wanted it to go up to help the economy. So anytime it went down, they knew the Fed would help them out and pump it back up. That is probably over. That is why the market is going down fast. They know the Fed is not coming in anymore. The market is on its own.

Bitcoin has always been a leveraged play on the stock market. People just did not know it.

The question here is can the Fed hold out. Can the US economy survive without an inflated market. The answer is probably no. But they are probably not going to try to run it up so how far down it goes is anybody's guess until they ring the bell.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Accrued Interest View Post
    The stock market has been going up because everybody knew the Federal Reserve wanted it to go up to help the economy. So anytime it went down, they knew the Fed would help them out and pump it back up. That is probably over. That is why the market is going down fast. They know the Fed is not coming in anymore. The market is on its own.

Bitcoin has always been a leveraged play on the stock market. People just did not know it.

The question here is can the Fed hold out. Can the US economy survive without an inflated market. The answer is probably no. But they are probably not going to try to run it up so how far down it goes is anybody's guess until they ring the bell.
    No question the dollar is doomed. Gonna be hard times ahead. 401K's could be worthless overnight. I don't know about anyone else but I got into crypto to hedge. Crypto has a better chance than the dollar, IMO.... We'll see....

Accrued Interest

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    No question the dollar is doomed. Gonna be hard times ahead. 401K's could be worthless overnight. I don't know about anyone else but I got into crypto to hedge. Crypto has a better chance than the dollar, IMO.... We'll see....
    No, US dollar is strong because it is strongest asset in the world. Money is all about confidence. The US is the big dog so you put your money with the US when times are tough because they will back their money.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Accrued Interest View Post
    No, US dollar is strong because it is strongest asset in the world. Money is all about confidence. The US is the big dog so you put your money with the US when times are tough because they will back their money.
    Oh, goodness. No, they back their money by printing more out of thin air. The budget is 30T in debt. It's a doomed system.

First ... 182183184185186187188 ... Last