Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

I saw Greene live in Chattanooga last year in AA game. I was amazed at how consistently he threw 100 mph with ease. So athletic and smooth. Just lit up the radar gun effortlessly. I thought the gun was hot at first, it was so crazy to see!

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

How could the Padres already have 5 losses??

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 158

Anyone having trouble getting used to the Cleveland Guardians?

I keep thinking they are a USFL team

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

The Blue Jays announced that they have placed Hyun Jin Ryu on the 10-day injured list with left forearm inflammation. Left-hander Ryan Borucki, who started the year on the IL with a hamstring strain, will swap places with Ryu and take his roster spot.
    Ryu started yesterday’s game for the Jays but managed only 53 pitches with diminished velocity, an indication that something was likely amiss. No timeline has been given for Ryu’s absence, but any arm injury for a pitcher is concerning. The southpaw had just begun the third season of the four-year deal he signed to join the Blue Jays prior to the 2020 campaign. At the time, the club was coming off a few lousy seasons, but had seen the debuts of prospects Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Bo Bichette and Cavan Biggio, heralding the beginning of a new competitive window.
    Ryu was coming off an elite 2019 season with the Dodgers that saw him throw 182 2/3 innings of 2.32 ERA ball. However, there were reasons for concern, as he’d struggled to stay on the mound over the previous four seasons. He stayed healthy in the shortened 2020 season, making 12 starts with a 2.69 ERA, helping the Jays reach the expanded postseason. Last year, he made two brief trips to the IL and managed to log 169 innings, though his ERA ticked up to 4.37 and his strikeout rate fell to 20.4%, his lowest such rate in years.
    Although he may have been passed by the likes of Jose Berrios, Kevin Gausman and Alek Manoah, Ryu was still pencilled as a regular member of the Jays’ rotation. With him now being shelved for an undetermined amount of time, Ross Stripling will step into his spot, per Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet. Stripling made a spot start on Friday and threw four scoreless innings against the Athletics, throwing 62 pitches in the process.
    As for Borucki, he will add a fresh arm to the team’s bullpen. After switching from starting to relieving in 2020, the lefty had an excellent showing in the 2020 campaign. He threw 16 2/3 innings with a 2.70 ERA, 28.8% strikeout rate, though a concerning 16.4% walk rate. In 2021, he got the walks down to 11.2%, but also saw his strikeout rate fall to 21.4% and ERA jump up to 4.94. The 28-year-old is out of options and will need to stick on the roster or else lose his spot. The current 28-man rosters will shrink to 26 after May 1st.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15952

Giants are rolling into a huge series with the Mets. Should be a good one with both teams coming into the series playing good ball.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47416

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Anyone having trouble getting used to the Cleveland Guardians?

I keep thinking they are a USFL team
    Yeah agreed these new PC names for teams are for the birds.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

They will always be the Indians.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Are the New Zealand All Blacks going to get changed next? The All Nice People?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Darvish almost lost yesterday. What's going on with Padres pitching?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    And WFT will always be the Redskins.

EmpireMaker

Padres reliever Austin Adams has a forearm strain and will be shut down from throwing for at least six weeks, manager Bob Melvin told reporters (including AJ Cassavell of MLB.com). He is likely to receive a platelet-rich plasma injection.
    It’s a worrisome development, since forearm strains can sometimes be a precursor to Tommy John surgery. Adams will try to avoid going under the knife with a PRP treatment and rehab, but he’s looking at an extended absence in either event. Even if he begins throwing six weeks from now, he’ll need time to build back arm strength and head out on a minor league rehab assignment before returning to the big league bullpen. Given that timetable, the Friars seem likely to place Adams on the 60-day injured list whenever the need for a 40-man roster spot arises.
    Adams, 31 next month, was acquired from the Mariners at the 2020 trade deadline in the seven-player deal that also saw Austin Nola head from Seattle to San Diego. On the injured list at the time as he recovered from a September 2019 knee surgery, he only made three appearances that season.
    The right-hander was called upon in 65 games last year, though, working 52 2/3 innings of 4.10 ERA ball. Adams punched out a very strong 31.5% of batters faced on a 13.3% swinging strike rate, continuing a career-long trend of missing bats in droves. Yet he struggled mightily with his control, walking 14.5% of opponents. He also incredibly hit 24 batters, six more than any other pitcher despite throwing less than a third of the innings of many starters around the game.
    After just two appearances this season, Adams landed on the 10-day IL last Thursday. Melvin will rely on offseason acquisitions Taylor Rogers and Luis García, veterans Pierce Johnsonand Craig Stammen, and starter-turned-reliever Dinelson Lamet as his top high-leverage options. Rookie Steven Wilson and former NPB closer Robert Suárez are among the right-handed options he can turn to in the middle innings.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    And WFT will always be the Redskins.
    Yep people are going to call them that still even though they changed their name to Commanders now. I just don't care for Commanders or Guardians for that matter.

Otters27

No west is smoking hot right now

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Yep people are going to call them that still even though they changed their name to Commanders now. I just don't care for Commanders or Guardians for that matter.
    This cancel culture world that we live in is so lame.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

It is a crazy world we live in. Just gotta block out that noise and enjoy some baseball!!

stevenash

I say just call each team by the home city they play in.

Instead of Diamondbacks v. Rockies, just say Phoenix v. Denver

That'll shut up the cancel culture community.

JAKEPEAVY21

It is a crazy world we live in. Just gotta block out that noise and enjoy some baseball!!
    I say just call each team by the home city they play in.

Instead of Diamondbacks v. Rockies, just say Phoenix v. Denver

That'll shut up the cancel culture community.
    It's never going to happen but it'd be nice if people could live and let live.

Focus on you and yours and quit worrying about what others are doing(within reason).

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Focus on you and yours and quit worrying about what others are doing(within reason).

Tremendous advice, makes for boring forum talk though.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Looks like the Dodgers are stronger than ever with Freddy Freeman starting off hot for the season

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Looks like the Dodgers are stronger than ever with Freddy Freeman starting off hot for the season
    Manfred needs to step in and stop what LA is doing just like Bowie Kuhn stopped Charlie Finely and Steinbrenner back in the 70's

EmpireMaker

The Reds announced they’ve placed infielders Jonathan India and Mike Moustakas on the 10-day injured list. India has a right hamstring strain, while Moustakas has a right biceps strain. In corresponding moves, Cincinnati recalled outfielder TJ Friedl and selected infielder JT Riddle from Triple-A Louisville. The Reds had a vacancy on the 40-man roster after placing outfielder Tyler Naquin on the COVID-19 IL last night.
    India’s IL placement is retroactive to April 16, meaning he could first return a week from today. The 25-year-old hasn’t played since last Thursday, but the Reds have held off on placing him on the IL until this evening. That’d seemingly indicate Cincinnati doesn’t anticipate there being a lengthy absence, but India will require a bit more recovery time. The defending NL Rookie of the Year has just seven hits — six singles and a double — through his first 30 plate appearances.
    Moustakas was scratched from last night’s starting lineup because of the biceps issue. After the game, manager David Bell told reporters (link via C. Trent Rosecrans of the Athletic) he anticipated the veteran would return to the lineup tonight. That obviously won’t be the case, as Moustakas is now out until the middle of next week. He’s off to a rough start to the year, going 4-31 with 13 strikeouts.
    The Reds were already without shortstop José Barrero and offseason signee Donovan Solano. The infield mix is very thin at this point, with Brandon Drury, Colin Moran and Alejo López the top options for playing time. Moran and López are getting the nods at third and second base, respectively, for tonight’s game against the Padres.
    Riddle adds some extra infield depth behind that group. Signed to a minor league deal over the offseason, the left-handed hitter cracks the majors for the sixth consecutive season. Riddle was a fairly frequently-used role player with the 2017-19 Marlins, but he’s picked up just brief cups of coffee with the Pirates and Twins over the past two seasons. Over 793 big league plate appearances, he owns a .223/.261/.355 slash line. Riddle has gotten out to a strong start in Louisville, hitting a pair of homers and doubles apiece en route to a .258/.333/.516 mark in nine games.
    In more fortunate Reds injury news, starter Luis Castillo threw 35 pitches during a live batting practice session today, tweets Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer. The All-Star righty is set to begin a minor league rehab assignment this weekend.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

It was gut wrenching for the Giants to lose game 1 of the double header the way they did. It looked like Alonzo was off the bag to the naked eye but of course the Mets weren't going to lose the replay review in their home ballpark. I still say that the ghost runner on second base blows and needs to be scrapped next year. I knew when the Giants didn't score there that the Mets were going to win in the bottom half of the inning. Of course that's what happened and then they went on to sweep the double header which wasn't a shocker since Scherzer pretty much owns the Giants lately.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

I think I jinxed the Dodgers tonight by betting on them. I'd been hot to start the season but of course I'd have a losing day when I bet on the team I despise the most. Just thought it was a good spot for the Dodgers with Buehler on the mound but Fried did a good job shutting down the Dodgers stacked lineup.

Otters27

Colorado Rockies 8-3!!!!

JAKEPEAVY21

Luke Voit got thrown out at home yesterday and accidentally barreled into the catcher, Tyler Stevenson, giving him a concussion.

The Reds are upset about it and I have a feeling they are going to play beanball today...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Good....Another easy win for SD.....the Reds owners are clowns and deserve this Also...they sent out a coach , not a doctor and right away----he cant play LOl....get the penetrate outta here....
    Luke Voit got thrown out at home yesterday and accidentally barreled into the catcher, Tyler Stevenson, giving him a concussion.

The Reds are upset about it and I have a feeling they are going to play beanball today...
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Good....Another easy win for SD.....the Reds owners are clowns and deserve this Also...they sent out a coach , not a doctor and right away----he cant play LOl....get the penetrate outta here....
    What did you think of that play as a Reds fan? Did you think it was dirty? Voit is not the most nimble guy, I don't believe it was malicious at all...

Tommy Pham thinks it was beyond dirty and wants to fight Voit at a local gym lol...not sure that would end well for ol' Tommy

PaperTrail07

I mean I was watching live and I agree w Reds announcers--Clean enough.....The throw took him inside and Voit half panicked mid air-but did grab him a little.....Stephenson oversold the injury IMO and should have said---give me a minute Im fine....
    What did you think of that play as a Reds fan? Did you think it was dirty? Voit is not the most nimble guy, I don't believe it was malicious at all...

Tommy Pham thinks it was beyond dirty and wants to fight Voit at a local gym lol...not sure that would end well for ol' Tommy

PaperTrail07

Also Pham was 1-26 before the SD series....so without those hits dont think he would have said a word lol...on another note Voit-145? in MMA LOL....Heavyweight bout,
    I mean I was watching live and I agree w Reds announcers--Clean enough.....The throw took him inside and Voit half panicked mid air-but did grab him a little.....Stephenson oversold the injury IMO and should have said---give me a minute Im fine....

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

The Seiya Suzuki train keeps rolling!!

JAKEPEAVY21

They went to the replay and it was not deemed dirty. Voit could not get out of the way was how it looked...
    Also Pham was 1-26 before the SD series....so without those hits dont think he would have said a word lol...on another note Voit-145? in MMA LOL....Heavyweight bout,
    Pham thrives on looking for anything that will give him a chip on his shoulder...he loves being angry...

I'd make Voit at least -250, he's got at least 25 pounds on Pham probably closer to 50
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash

How could the Padres already have 5 losses??
    How could Walker lose at home last night?

The correct answer would be 'that's baseball'

JAKEPEAVY21

How could Walker lose at home last night?

The correct answer would be 'that's baseball'
    How could 3/4 of the 8 win teams in all of MLB be in the NL West and all 4 in the NL?

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

The A's need to move immediately it's a joke that an MLB franchise can't draw more than 3000 people. Oakland has loyal fans but the front office gets rid of their players that are any good so I can't say I blame them for not coming out to support a team that obviously doesn't treat its fanbase well.

Otters27

Owen Miller batting .500

I wish a guy could keep this up at bet .400 one year

First ... 22232425262728 ... Last