keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Lol just hang around a sec to see if she’s alive or not. You can’t do anything medically but maybe don’t just walk away unless you are also in immediate danger.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by mama whoiscrying View Post
    Amazing how many "men" are on here backing Stafford. Give me a break. Its human decency to tend to a person in need and he turned his back and walked away. Seems defenseless to me.

Christ I'm not asking the dude to render first aid and fix her hobbled a$$. But walking away shows his true character.

tend?

she was 10 feet down, what tending would he do from the edge of the platform?

do you know he didn't go walk down the stairs off the platform to get down to ground level?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

What could he have done to help? Throw a football at her?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I can't believe that he didn't dive down to the pavement and use his own body to try and break her fall.

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

LOL The "men" on this forum that lets a 10 foot wall get in their way of a woman in dire need.

Heck a 6 year old would have the common sense to lower himself using his hands and an athlete like Stafford would have no problem.....

However my point was entirely missed. Walking away shows this dudes true colors. Period.

CHOICES WHEN SOMEONE FALLS AND BREAKS THEIR SHEET IN FRONT OF YOU
    1. CALL FOR ASSISTANCE
    2. ............
    pretty simple.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Almost like he thought he'd be blamed if he stayed there and too stupid to know there are cameras everywhere anyway.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Wow, he couldn't look any worse there. Needs to come out and say he was drunk and didn't realize what was happening.

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I don't think so. When you're a HIGH-END pro athlete...your advisors tell you to avoid risk at all costs.

Want to blame someone? Blame the US legal history of lawsuits. Don't want to be held liable.

Not like she wasn't going to receive 1st Aid. And the Staffords are paying for her medical bills.
    avoid risks.....lol.....CHORTLE its called the good samaritan law.

svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16053

Do not go hiking or mountain climbing with matt stafford!
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave svsooner 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

And as far as the medical bills go......WTF like she doesn't have health insurance? The insurance company will pick up most of her medical expenses. How do I know that????? A. Because its common sense. B. Something similar happened to me. 300K in medical bills and i was responsible for 7k.

BUT wait....Mr. Chivalry himself is buying her a camera....SUCK IT

Machba is correct. Stafford and any other person who turns their back under these circumstances....>POS
    $7,000 is a lot of money for most anyone to pay out of pocket. Plus that camera may cost a few thousand as well. Why should Stafford offer or be obligated to do anything? You already thinks he’s an asshole but he didn’t have to do shit.

You wanted him to jump down 10 feet, break his own legs trying to help someone when he couldn’t help her any damn way. He’s not a doctor. What were you going to do once you lumped down there? Throw your jacket over a puddle of water? The minute you laid hands on her, you were doing more harm then good. You need professionals to steady her body. Stafford did the right thing. You just expected him to do something else.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8317

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    $7,000 is a lot of money for most anyone to pay out of pocket. Plus that camera may cost a few thousand as well. Why should Stafford offer or be obligated to do anything? You already thinks he’s an asshole but he didn’t have to do shit.

You wanted him to jump down 10 feet, break his own legs trying to help someone when he couldn’t help her any damn way. He’s not a doctor. What were you going to do once you lumped down there? Throw your jacket over a puddle of water? The minute you laid hands on her, you were doing more harm then good. You need professionals to steady her body. Stafford did the right thing. You just expected him to do something else.
    Yes when you see a person hurt or in distress just walk away, Professionals will be there to help sometime. Dont worry about calling for help or anything like that just walk away! This is the first I've heard of this

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I didn't want him to jump down, but the way he immediately turned away and took a sip of water was weird. See how the woman reacted (his wife?) showing a level of concern and/or horror? That was appropriate/normal human reaction
    Points Awarded:

Marigold HD gave d2bets 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Yes when you see a person hurt or in distress just walk away, Professionals will be there to help sometime. Dont worry about calling for help or anything like that just walk away! This is the first I've heard of this
    He went down to check on her. What did you want him to do? Look down from atop the platform and yell… “are you okay? Is your spine broken”? There was absolutely nothing he could do. Stop being so easily offended.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I didn't want him to jump down, but the way he immediately turned away and took a sip of water was weird. See how the woman reacted (his wife?) showing a level of concern and/or horror? That was appropriate/normal human reaction
    Hes been chased by guys 6’7 trying to snap his neck every day, every play. He’s seen guys legs snap like twigs. He’s probably use to waiting on medical help. So while it looked strange to us, that’s a normal practice for him. Move the Fukk on, next man up.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

She got $50k from GoFundMe

https://www.gofundme.com/f/r85ce-hel...ck-on-her-feet

And Stafford paying her medical bills

DiggityDaggityDo

She deleted her Twitter because people are digging up shit that she said in the past.

DiggityDaggityDo

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    do you think he diagnosed that and considered helping and then decided against it in the quarter second it took him to turn away?

No he didn't know the extent of her injuries, and it's for sure that randos off the street would and could have made her injuries worse by helping.

what we see here is just an impulsive automatic response. I don't read it as indifference. If I had to describe it, without knowing how ****** up he was.

avoidance.

some people will turn away or look away from trauma just by their body knowingthat their brain circuitry is going to be overwhelmed and cause them to faint or that empathically, seeing the injury will be very difficult.

I'd say in Stafford's position. His mental/emotional bandwidth had been taken beyond the brink of what 99.9% of non combat vets experience, just by the two weeks of media, and then a super bowl victory and aftermath of all those emotions. His brain is just going to automatically avoid any other escalation of emotions up or down at that point.

so the turn away is not, an indifferent "I don't care"

it's a "I literally as a human cannot take on anymore"

it's not just Fight and Flight as everyone talks about... those stress hormones can manifest in freeze, fright, flag, faint.

when we turn away from a gruesome surgery depiction on tv, or a loved ones bleeding cut. we aren't being cold, we are just trying to not go into a freeze or faint type response.
    So we know he's not a psychopath

Thats a relief

I think he's likely been coached his entire career to just walk away. Walk away from fights, walk away from arguments, walk away from injuries bc everyone is going to come after his bank if he becomes involved

So I think he saw her fall and without knowing she fractured her spine realized she was likely injured and walked away from any possible lawsuit by even being around her if something happened to her after the fall

DiggityDaggityDo

DiggityDaggityDo

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

It was a weird reaction.

I wonder if he turned away as he was trying to not laugh at first.

DiggityDaggityDo

DiggityDaggityDo

DiggityDaggityDo

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    She deleted her Twitter because people are digging up shit that she said in the past.
    Aint it wonderful how people jump to try and stand in judgement over others so fast these days.

Thread title just another sad example of it.

DiggityDaggityDo

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Dlowilly would propose to her after seeing these tweets.
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave vitterd 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Hes been chased by guys 6’7 trying to snap his neck every day, every play. He’s seen guys legs snap like twigs. He’s probably use to waiting on medical help. So while it looked strange to us, that’s a normal practice for him. Move the Fukk on, next man up.
    Uhhhhh, OK. Not trying to pile on or insist that he's a horrible person, it just looked like a weird reaction to me in contrast to the woman.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Fuq her...she should have been paying more attention!

Mac4Lyfe

Uhhhhh, OK. Not trying to pile on or insist that he's a horrible person, it just looked like a weird reaction to me in contrast to the woman.
    It was a very weird reaction from Stafford, which is why there has to be more. Maybe drunk off his ass, perhaps in shock and didn't want to throw up or just another day in the office in the NFL, where you see guys get hurt all the time.

Damn, did this chick really post all that shit? Why the fukk do people feel the need to post shit on social media? And now she deletes it? Good luck finding a job dumb ass. Stafford might look worse giving money to this idiot than actually walking away.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    She dropped 10 ft down. He would have to walk back and take the stairs to go reach her. Like if you see someone falling in a 10 ft deep ditch your first response will be to jump in the ditch and get hurt too?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

avoid risks.....lol.....CHORTLE its called the good samaritan law.
    I'm pretty sure the Good Samaritan law is different in each state. For example, in Texas, YOU have to obtain consent from the injured person.

Most states offer only limited protection with the law. It's really not worth it $$$ for a guy like Stafford to provide aid.

DiggityDaggityDo

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

The way he just walked away and took a nonchalant sip of his water makes him look like an A-hole
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave captrobey 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 1234 Last