nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Stafford rams qb walks away from reporter fall

Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave nyplayer33 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

He shouldn't, and wouldn't jump down after her. He did the right thing. With all of those people there, he could get sued.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

That was actually a pretty big fall

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

stafford's handed her one of their phones to get a pic of them. then she fell. fractured vertabrae I heard.

hope Kelly Stafford got the phone back

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

OMG lol I can't even

That was a DRRRROOOOOPPPPPPPPP

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    He shouldn't, and wouldn't jump down after her. He did the right thing. With all of those people there, he could get sued.
    He should get sued for doing walking away like nothing happened
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave texhooper 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot

Does anyone even know if the reporter was using Stafford's phone or his wife's phone to get a photo of them?? Or was it just the reporter wanting to get the photo on her own with her own equipment?

johnnyvegas13

Stafford reaction as if not a serious thing that happen

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

Ouch! His reaction is not a good look. I know he was hammered but you gotta show a little concern, at least take a look and see if she's still breathing...

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Ouch! His reaction is not a good look. I know he was hammered but you gotta show a little concern, at least take a look and see if she's still breathing...
    Right! You don’t need to fly the chopper in from the hospital but at least pretend for five seconds to care at a minimum. That was a six foot drop and he acted like she just tripped over her own two feet

texhooper

Actually even if she did just trip over her own two feet right in front of you, you should still at least ask if she’s ok. Man I just…this is bugging me, I gotta say

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Actually even if she did just trip over her own two feet right in front of you, you should still at least ask if she’s ok. Man I just…this is bugging me, I gotta say
    His reaction as if someone spilled a drink or something

not fell off a stage
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave johnnyvegas13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot

It's a freak situation..... but has the media hammered Stafford for his reaction??? Or questioned him??? Would love to hear his statement.

Honestly, he gave a very surprised look.... bad reaction... but he was caught off guard... I give him a pass on it. Wrong place... wrong time. I feel bad for the girl.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I read that the Staffords are covering her medical expenses. Or at least the Rams are.
    Last edited by Kermit; 02-17-22 at 05:03 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

This is the girl that fell. Kelly Smiley.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17040

if she was taking a picture at their request then he should have tried to see if she was ok. if she was doing it for herself then why should he care. many celebs even attack photographers.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Rams’ QB Matthew and Kelly Stafford announced they will be covering the medical expenses for Kelly Smiley, who fell off a stage during Wednesday’s Super Bowl parade and fractured her spine: “We have been in communication with Kelly Smiley ... and we are sorry for what happened.

thinwhiteduke
    thinwhiteduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Twitter..
    Matthew Stafford & the Rams offering to pay for the medical expenses & new cameras of the photographer who fell yesterday was the right move, but people on here still gonna drag him just because they are unhappy in their own lives.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Stafford made one more solid play in that video than he did in the Superbowl. The part we didn't see was the line judge threw a flag and awarded the Rams total immunity in this matter.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke View Post
    Twitter..
    Matthew Stafford & the Rams offering to pay for the medical expenses & new cameras of the photographer who fell yesterday was the right move, but people on here still gonna drag him just because they are unhappy in their own lives.
    He walked away....can't reverse that. In a society where we hope that,most are good and an,athlete who makes,so much because of fans. I'd think he wouldn't do this crap . Paying the bills is like prince Europe saying I had sex with underage girls here's money..doesn't reverse the harm......your supposed to care about humans more as an,athlete

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    This is the girl that fell. Kelly Smiley.

Pretty hot. Sorry for her mishap.

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3136

Stafford a POS. Just walks away from a reporter who falls off stage and breaks spine!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

He is paying for her medical expenses and broken cameras.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What was he supposed to do? She already fell. Jump and break his own legs to see if she is allright? He was probably shocked she lost her footing. Was she wearing a safety harness? OSHA should investigate and fine her.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 02-18-22 at 10:27 AM.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

stafford was drunk as shit. Woman falls. His wife immediately checked on her

and they are paying for medical bills

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

If you're not medically trained 'Stay the phuck away". When a patient is on the ground they are not going anywhere.
    Insure breathing is okay and there is no further danger. Don't move or touch them....call 911. Let the EMT's handle delicate spine.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Not sure what he could do there. It looks bad because he turned his back but what can he do? I heard he went down the stairs and around to her, so that's the right thing to do. It's a nice gesture for them to pay her medical bills. They did not have to do that.

This is the problem with being a celebrity. Everything you do or not do is scrutinized and in many cases, you're the only one getting sued for stupid shit from stupid people. This girl fukkked up and now Stafford looks like a POS.
    Points Awarded:

Marigold HD gave Mac4Lyfe 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The optics look bad initially but whats he supposed to do? She fractured her spine, this is a classic situation where less is more. There is not a single scenario to which him becoming involved would've helped in any way.

Kudos to him for helping with her bills. He's under no obligation to such and Im sure if you asked the lady Would you rather Matt Stafford pay your medical bills, or stand above you on the platform and ask if you were okay after the fall.... Well, you get the point

johnnyvegas13

What’s the verdict on this

Stafford a jerk ???
    Points Awarded:

mama whoiscrying gave johnnyvegas13 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    What’s the verdict on this

Stafford a jerk ???
    I don't think so. When you're a HIGH-END pro athlete...your advisors tell you to avoid risk at all costs.

Want to blame someone? Blame the US legal history of lawsuits. Don't want to be held liable.

Not like she wasn't going to receive 1st Aid. And the Staffords are paying for her medical bills.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

back lives matter
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave manny24 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

texhooper gave manny24 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

he should sue her balls off for slander making him look bad

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The optics look bad initially but whats he supposed to do? She fractured her spine,
    do you think he diagnosed that and considered helping and then decided against it in the quarter second it took him to turn away?

No he didn't know the extent of her injuries, and it's for sure that randos off the street would and could have made her injuries worse by helping.

what we see here is just an impulsive automatic response. I don't read it as indifference. If I had to describe it, without knowing how ****** up he was.

avoidance.

some people will turn away or look away from trauma just by their body knowingthat their brain circuitry is going to be overwhelmed and cause them to faint or that empathically, seeing the injury will be very difficult.

I'd say in Stafford's position. His mental/emotional bandwidth had been taken beyond the brink of what 99.9% of non combat vets experience, just by the two weeks of media, and then a super bowl victory and aftermath of all those emotions. His brain is just going to automatically avoid any other escalation of emotions up or down at that point.

so the turn away is not, an indifferent "I don't care"

it's a "I literally as a human cannot take on anymore"

it's not just Fight and Flight as everyone talks about... those stress hormones can manifest in freeze, fright, flag, faint.

when we turn away from a gruesome surgery depiction on tv, or a loved ones bleeding cut. we aren't being cold, we are just trying to not go into a freeze or faint type response.

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Amazing how many "men" are on here backing Stafford. Give me a break. Its human decency to tend to a person in need and he turned his back and walked away. Seems defenseless to me.

Christ I'm not asking the dude to render first aid and fix her hobbled a$$. But walking away shows his true character.

And as far as the medical bills go......WTF like she doesn't have health insurance? The insurance company will pick up most of her medical expenses. How do I know that????? A. Because its common sense. B. Something similar happened to me. 300K in medical bills and i was responsible for 7k.

BUT wait....Mr. Chivalry himself is buying her a camera....SUCK IT

Machba is correct. Stafford and any other person who turns their back under these circumstances....>POS

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The optics look bad initially but whats he supposed to do? She fractured her spine, this is a classic situation where less is more. There is not a single scenario to which him becoming involved would've helped in any way.

Kudos to him for helping with her bills. He's under no obligation to such and Im sure if you asked the lady Would you rather Matt Stafford pay your medical bills, or stand above you on the platform and ask if you were okay after the fall.... Well, you get the point
    what if the white woman that fell was black? Stafford would be racist then.

1234 Last