jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Next year will be worse

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

His team is never ready to pay, he never makes the right decision in situational football, Pittsburgh's culture has been broken

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Heaven forbid if the last black coach is fired

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

He’s been terrible for years and years

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Average at best. If he was white and not in Pittsburgh. He would have been fired along time ago.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    now 3-8 in his last 11 playoffs games w/ a franchise qbhasn't won a playoff game since 2016.
    You're kidding aren't you? Big Ben has been washed up for years now. Tomlin has been saddled with having to play this mutt and an organization that are penny pinchers. You know like I know that Tomlin wanted to dump Ben 3 years ago but couldn't. So he had to bite his tongue. Had they kept Leveon Bell instead of pushing players out in their prime, they probably would have won another superbowl. Tomlin is getting blood out of a bunch of turnips. That roster is horseshit.

Mac4Lyfe

Were you watching the game yesterday? Ben couldn't throw a pass more than 6 yards.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I think the bengals are notorious for being cheap also. how do u win like that somehow tomlin has managed to do it. u have to be a good coach to be able to do it. also he has coached for 15 seasons and has never had a losing season that is an nfl record. he's not going anywhere.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave jtoler 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

How Tomlin gets his teams to the playoffs as consistently as he does is beyond me. Ben being gone will really put him to the test though.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    How Tomlin gets his teams to the playoffs as consistently as he does is beyond me. Ben being gone will really put him to the test though.
    Ben gone will be a HUGE advantage. I have several Steeler friends and they all have given up on Ben years ago. They can't wait for him to go. I heard a rumor that they are looking to get Deshaun Watson. Good grief that team would be an instant superbowl contender if that happens. I'm hoping it doesn't.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I think the bengals are notorious for being cheap also. how do u win like that somehow tomlin has managed to do it. u have to be a good coach to be able to do it. also he has coached for 15 seasons and has never had a losing season that is an nfl record. he's not going anywhere.
    Bengals have a lot of very good players on 5 year cheap contracts right now. They are really looking up. As a Browns fan it doesn't get any easier. Cinci is good, Ravens will be back and the Steelers are the Steelers. Good grief.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19455

Roethlisberger hasn"t been a franchise QB for a few years, just a good one and it's a team game, not just the QB.

Goldenboy73
    Goldenboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8768

I was thinking a black head coach with a black QB. Does that work in the NFL? Next year Tomlin's starting QB may be black.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Ben Roth is not a franchise QB. Maybe 10 years ago he was but he is old and slow now.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

Tomlin is suspect. Not a horrible coach though.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

has he still never had a losing season?

he's medicocre

but the Steelers always have a roster that can compete, without full rebuild years

the number of stud WR's and LBs they've produced in the past two decades is unreal.

the possible retiring of Kevin Colbert hurts them way worse than losing a noodle armed geratric raper, behind center.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

In the last 50 years the Steelers probably have 40 playoff or non losing seasons. Very competitive too. But i think the next 10 years will be totally different. I could see the Steelers having many losing seasons in the future. They are stuck in a current cycle of mediocrity now. No franchise QB and no high draft picks spells doom. Pittsburgh gets rid of more good players through(free agency, not resigning, etc) than they bring in.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Pittsburgh gets rid of more good players through(free agency, not resigning, etc) than they bring in.
    you don't build a good NFL team through free agency

but if they lose their draft genius, they might end up being the Detroit Lions very easy.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

but if they lose their draft genius, they might end up being the Detroit Lions very easy.
    They don’t usually resign their best players so there is constantly reloading. Which is good when you have a great quarterback. Just another team when you don’t have a decent quarterback.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Where do the Steelers go from here? The upcoming draft class does not look good, so maybe they go after Wilson, Watson or Garapollo?
    Watson would be a good fit since he seems to have the same hobbies as Ben.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Tomlin is good at coaching to the middle. He can get the most out of scrubs but does a mediocre job managing talent. The team always comes out flat when they are supposed to win games. His playoff record is nothing special. A lot of those losses were as the favorite. I give him credit for making the playoffs with this roster but Cleveland and Baltimore had a lot of late season turmoil, which no doubt helped.

The DC butler will almost for sure be gone. The OC seems to move around a lot. Not sure about him. May get another chance with a new QB. I think he sucks but we will see maybe.

I would expect them to bring a veteran journeyman type as the QB as it’s pretty obvious mason Rudolph isn’t the guy. Jamais Winston I heard floated around a lot. The big name QBs are highly unlikely. That’s not how they do things. They will pick a QB early this or more likely next draft.

They would never get rid of tomlin, but I don’t know why he wouldn’t want to leave on his own volition. The team has a lot of holes.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Where do the Steelers go from here? The upcoming draft class does not look good, so maybe they go after Wilson, Watson or Garapollo?
    Watson would be a good fit since he seems to have the same hobbies as Ben.
    Garapollo is a maybe. The other 2 are nos

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Garapollo is a maybe. The other 2 are nos
    Jimmy G isn't going anywhere if he shows up in the next game in these playoffs. SF would be crazy to let him go.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    He’s been terrible for years and years
    Really terrible but he is colorful.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

Excellent coach if you need the opposing team tripped why running down the sideline for a touchdown.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Jimmy G isn't going anywhere if he shows up in the next game in these playoffs. SF would be crazy to let him go.
    Yeah if they go on a run he will be there again. If he plays awful in Green Bay, different story. Not like he was great in Dallas and they did get a guy third in the draft to replace him.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Excellent coach if you need the opposing team tripped why running down the sideline for a touchdown.
    That was bill cowher lol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Heaven forbid if the last black coach is fired
    Yeah when Dungy made that comment on Sunday Night Football... I'm like "Here we go again." People have to keep their mouths shut. This isn't a job based on if you're black or white... it's about finding the coaching personnel that can lead you deep into the playoffs... if not winning the Super Bowl.

I can't believe we might have a race issues on this??? Absolutely crazy.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

I've just given up. Ford Family just wants to lose. Just a big curse over here. You couldn't possibly keep hiring morons the last 25+ years. Ford family simply doesn't care. I wish they'd sell the team.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Yeah when Dungy made that comment on Sunday Night Football... I'm like "Here we go again." People have to keep their mouths shut. This isn't a job based on if you're black or white... it's about finding the coaching personnel that can lead you deep into the playoffs... if not winning the Super Bowl.

I don’t get this stuff either. I said I didn’t agree with Flores or culley getting fired. I thought all the other firings this off-season were legit aside from them. However, you can’t tell people who to hire. Let them hire who they want. No one cares that there is only 1 white running back. It’s not a slap in the face that there’s only one black head coach when every player is black in the league basically. There are a ton of assistants that are black everywhere. Now, Flores is likely to be hired so there should be 2 blacks again. Bien enemy and leftwich don’t have jobs because they have a ton of toys to play with and are running Andy Reid and Bruce arians offenses. Of course owners would be skeptical of how they would do in a different situation.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90072

Never liked him.

Steelers fan. Born and raised. Dude Inherited a great team that’s how he won a Suoernowl. He hasn’t done nothing on his own since

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 758

The Steelers have become a highly overrated franchise. Who should fear them? Nobody. Top to bottom.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Unfortunately it is clearly obvious that it is based on race and it certainly matters if you're black or white because if you're black you are shit out of luck.

Do you need proof? Answer me how the fukk did Freddie Kitchens get a HC gig? How about perennial loser Kilff Kingsbury? how about all the coaches sons there only because of their daddies? This is a good old boy network which usually means fukk you if you're not white. How about white coaches getting college gigs? It's worse.

How many white HCs have been fired after winning seasons???

Black - Flores, Dungy, Caldwell,

But, people should just keep their mouths shut.

123 Last