Forenman
    Forenman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1729

Help with wager on Nitrogen

Before I file a complaint I am looking to make sure I am in the right which I honestly believe I am.

Live betting a soccer game this morning and the score was 1-1 in the 62nd minute. Was about to place a wager and they were at the time offering over 3 @ - 133 and over 3.5 @ plus money. Goal was scored before I could place the wager but no big deal I just took the over 4 @ - 105.

Fast forward about 10 minutes later the score updates and it says the goal was disallowed. Now to me that means the over 4 - 105 is obviously a bad line because they were offering that based on a score of 2-1 and were offering over 3 @ -133 just seconds earlier. This also should be canceled because the score was incorrect at the time of the wager as well at least in my opinion.

Anyways here is the responses I got from them and I want to see if this is industry standard or makes sense to anyone

We have reviewed this bet 21569410 with our Stage department and our experts. They clarified that at the moment when the wager was placed, the score on the game was 2-1 not 1-1 because the goal was not disallowed yet by that time. For betting purposes, the next Asian goal line is either Under or Over 4 goal, which was the line you took and that was the line we had available. However, the referee reviewed the play and the goal was disallowed.

This absolutely seems like they are free rolling me here

Forenman
    Forenman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1729

Just want to update that after some more back and forth nitrogen has done the right thing and credited me my original wager amount and some for the headache

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by Forenman View Post
    Just want to update that after some more back and forth nitrogen has done the right thing and credited me my original wager amount and some for the headache
    Good to hear

they did the right thing

they should freeze live betting after a goal and open it back up again after play resumes

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Good to hear

they did the right thing

they should freeze live betting after a goal and open it back up again after play resumes
    It was nice of them to look after a disappointed customer, but they were in the right.

VAR reversals can sometimes come a minute or two later, or even longer. Neither books or players would be happy to suspend betting for minutes after each score or major match event just in case the video referee chimes in later.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2408

no way are they "in the right"

by that notion everyone should just take under as soon as a goal is scored and can only benefit. if goal stands, true odds. if goal reversed, amazing odds leading to long term profit.

Also lets say you had team total o1.5 live. score is 1-1... goal reversed from 2-1 back to 1-1... can you say to the book "hey book at one time the score was 2-1" so you have to pay both o1.5 and u1.5. or are you saying the book should write off the u1,5 and say "at one time" it was 2-1 you lose even though 1-1 final

Similarly you bet next goal barca... barca scores but reversed.... etc

books have to be fair and follow a degree of common sense. you cant say "tough shit" when 100% if there is a question mark, they never pay
    Points Awarded:

chuda gave cashin81 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chuda
    chuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14256

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    but they were in the right.
    so if he would of made bet 1min earlier, he should of won , even thou goal never stand?
    all decent books reverses ref decisions.

i believe you are under champagne bubbles as you first one to ring in new year
    Happy New year Optional

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by chuda View Post
    so if he would of made bet 1min earlier, he should of won , even thou goal never stand?
    all decent books reverses ref decisions.

i believe you are under champagne bubbles as you first one to ring in new year
    Happy New year Optional
    Well, they are "in the right" as far as following their rules.

But yeah, the rules do seem to mostly protect the book over the player.

happy new year. 10 mins to go here .

chuda

Quote Originally Posted by Forenman View Post
    our Stage department and our experts. They clarified that at the moment when the wager was placed, the score on the game was 2-1 not 1-1 because the goal was not disallowed yet by that time. For betting purposes, the next Asian goal line is either Under or Over 4 goal, which was the line you took and that was the line we had available. However, the referee reviewed the play and the goal was disallowed.

This absolutely seems like they are free rolling me here
    keep their answer for a record , next time you on other end , send them this reply ... and say, i believe this is how you do things

anyway psmsl : what is "Stage department" ...experts lol

chuda

Well, they are "in the right" as far as following their rules.
    maybe in some 3rd world country.. every country has fair play gambling rules and consumer protection.
    no way bookmaker would get away with cashing in on those who took over at a time and ruled out those who had under at a same time.
    and that refund wasnt exception out of "their rules" , they had to refund

Optional

maybe in some 3rd world country.. every country has fair play gambling rules and consumer protection.
    no way bookmaker would get away with cashing in on those who took over at a time and ruled out those who had under at a same time.
    and that refund wasnt exception out of "their rules" , they had to refund
    Where and when do you think these "fair play" rules come in to play?

Regulators do not approve bookmaker rules anywhere that I know of. They do require them to do certain things but they do not take on the liability of proscribing or approving rule wording. And in general if forced to arbitrate anything then UK, USA, Australian etc regulators will treat the terms you agreed to as a contract and as the deciding factor. And any complaints about fairness of those rules as a separate issue.

chuda

what you said is correct, but we are talking about specific occasion , where someone, lets say, has under 2.5 goals for a game. at 1-1 in 67`min one team scores, Nitrogen cashes in on all under takers ...2.min later goal disallowed , 1-1 on a board...
    and then comes "experts" from their "stage department" and says .. at a time bet stand correctly so you lost.
    game finishes 1-1 and they sent expert comms to all over takers saying... goal was disallowed, therefore its unders
    really?
    show me those "their rules" they can do so ?

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2408

it only takes one min for it to go to var, id rather wait 1-2 mins than to be totally screwed over like this. OR you take the bet as a book and play fair, if you are that desperate for every second counts.

ive seen corner betting suspended when there hasnt been a corner, and games frozen for little reason, so..

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    it only takes one min for it to go to var, id rather wait 1-2 mins than to be totally screwed over like this. OR you take the bet as a book and play fair, if you are that desperate for every second counts.

ive seen corner betting suspended when there hasnt been a corner, and games frozen for little reason, so..
    As a player I agree with this.

Don't book it if the risk of a VAR still exists, or accept it if you are wrong.

Live betting rules are definitely bookmaker friendly.
    Points Awarded:

cashin81 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

show me those "their rules" they can do so ?
    You're right, I can't see a specific rule under LIVE or SOCCER to say VAR changes void live total bets. And I did think there was one from handling a previous complaint case about this there.

https://nitrogensports.eu/n/rules

MOBIL19
    MOBIL19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

As a player I agree with this.

Don't book it if the risk of a VAR still exists, or accept it if you are wrong.

Live betting rules are definitely bookmaker friendly.
    To be honest, some bookmakers are quick to give out warnings for 'betting on obviously erroneous lines' (which they correctly void anyway) but they can also take 24+ hours to correct an obvious grading mistake that made your winner appear as a loser in their 'system'.

Yes, it is your job to check every wager their 'system' grades.