raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    So i made a Kucoin acct. Why don't they use terms like "send" and "receive" like other platforms and wallets? I want to send some btc or bnb from my coinbase to kucoin but the terminology, as well as the language in the tutorials, has me hesitant. I don't want my btc or bnb to disappear.
    I also tried to purchase on kucoin using my debit card and again, these 3rd party places - had to redirect me to a banaxa(?) and had read their TOS and check and agree. But once i choose amount and payment method and entered everything it immediately denied me.

I guess the only way I'm ever gonna be able to try and test out these farms, pools, staking, lending, etc. etc. for these insane APY/APR's - is I'll have to buy through my Coinbase, transfer to whatever wallet has some of those high earning interests rates and/or from a wallet like Trust, link to these pancake or Uni swap things and do the conversion thingamajig and then put into those farms or pools or whatever, and see if i get these 56%, 87%, 122% or whatever rates I see listed for certain tokens/coins.

Did you look at main account instead of trading account? Withdraw and deposit addresses are in the main account.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Did you look at main account instead of trading account? Withdraw and deposit addresses are in the main account.
    It is the main acct. I'm not about to try trading. I actually don't understand the purpose of the pro coinbase and/or trading section of some of these platforms. All i see is a bunch of symbols and numbers changing constantly. lol - I'm not a stock broker, nor know how to read whatever is happening on these trading sections, or like coinbase pro. I'm confused asf.

I have coinbase, blockchain, trust and now kucoin, so I guess I'll just make due with those and just do the buy and sit and wait approach. I have robinhood too, but when I buy cryptos listed on there, you don't actually own them. It's just gambling on them and trying to scalp any profits off the dips and spikes. I set alerts on yahoo finance app(its the only app i've found to give me decent alerts, it's still a little slow though)for when a certain coin dips to a price i like and then i go and buy some on robinhood, and then set a limit sell price to dump it, and collect the profits.

onetrikpony
    onetrikpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2480

Robinhood is changing that.Soon you will have a wallet with a key.I don't use them but i saw the announcement yesterday.
    Kucoin takes some getting used to but if you live in the U.S it is one of the few and best centralized exchanges to buy and trade alts especially some of the lower caps.I have had a kucoin acct for years but never tried to deposit U.S Dollars.If i am not mistaken
    You can’t deposit USD on there, which is not that atypical for exchanges. You can pay in USD with a credit card and buy USDT to use on there to make purchases.
    or you can transfer USDT and other stable coinsBTC, ETH, etc.
    If using a credit/dbit card you have to go through the entire KYC process which is a pain
    Last edited by onetrikpony; 09-23-21 at 01:21 PM.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19177

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    So i made a Kucoin acct. ..........
    Deposit = receive into Kucoin
    Withdraw = send out of Kucoin

I usually deposit/receive to the Main account at Kucoin. You have to do a Transfer to the Trading account to buy what you are looking for for when you want Trade. It might seem confusing but you now have two accounts. The Main account = storage, the Trading account = trading/action. It's real easy to transfer a coin between the two, just click on Transfer.

You want to transfer in some BTC? Go to Main account, find BTC on the list and click on deposit next to it. I can see from your screenshot that you got this far. Segwit tab might be faster/cheaper (address starts with "bc1".) Copy the address and go back to Coinbase and paste that address in the Send box. Click Send.

Sounds like you need to learn how to set up a basic limit order buy on a real exchange interface. I admit I'm not the world's greatest at this but I usually figure out a way to buy/trade what I'm after.

First, you need to find the pair you want to Trade (Kucoin calls it "Spot Trading"). For example, say you have some BTC in your Trading account and you want to swap a little for some LUNA. On the Trading screen next to the "Kucoin" logo in the upper left is a drop down box - click on it and type in "Luna" in the search box. All the LUNA trading pairs will be shown. Click on "LUNA/BTC" and you're ready to go. (you will have to set up a 6 digit PIN number in the lower right if you haven't done so already). Once you enter your PIN, this will reveal the "Sell Luna" and "Buy Luna" boxes. Since you want to Buy LUNA, you will obviously be working in that box. (make sure the "spot" and "limit" tabs are highlighted) At this point, you can calculate how much of your BTC you want to spend on a calculator and punch that into the Luna Amount box or simply click on the 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% boxes. For example if you click on 50%, half your BTC will be used on the buy. Next, you have to set the price. Look in the Order Book with the red and green numbers. Red numbers are sellers. Find the red number nearest the buy/sell line with enough units to cover your buy. Type that (selling price) number into the Price box. Or, if you don't mind waiting, type in a cheaper price (you can always Cancel the order if it is taking too long). Click the big "Buy LUNA" button and your order should be filled instantly. You should have some LUNA now that you can Transfer back into your Main account.

From the Trading screen, click on "Assets" in the upper right to get back to the Main/Trading accounts.

I hope that makes sense. Most exchanges work this way. Once you master one, you can do all of them. I just stick with Limit orders, Market orders can cost more. Not all exchanges have separated Main and Trading accounts like Kucoin does.

------------------------------------------------

Re: Memo/Tag/Payment ID/Message. Some coins you will need to add a memo/tag. XRP, XLM, EOS are a few that use the Memo/Tag. Some coins like BTC don't use a Memo/Tag. If you click on "Deposit" and you get an address plus a Memo/Tag, you dang well better use the Memo/Tag when you send it in. The Memo/Tag is usually about an 8 or 10 digit number that pinpoints the deposit to your account. If you click on "Deposit" and don't get a Memo/Tag, don't worry about it - the address is sufficient to make it into your account.

-------------------------------------------------

I only use Kucoin for Trading. I don't deposit by cash/credit card or whatever - can't advise there.
    Last edited by Arky; 09-23-21 at 06:10 PM.
    Points Awarded:

louisvillekid gave Arky 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10345

ETH back to 3.8k by early October, best EV play

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25522

China bans bitcoin again.
    This price action should bring out the dipshits and the resident imaginary coiner.
    Notice it was quiet here the last few days.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You look at it in five years from now not every day like an imbecile

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    This price action should bring out the dipshits and the resident imaginary coiner.
    China is really turning on the communist rule. No video games for kids, no crypto for adults. This country is like something from the stone age.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    ...china ban again? How many times can they ban crypto? Swear, this is like the 3rd or 4th time this year so far we've had China ban news.
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave bigtymer56 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

I don't see the upside for them. Especially banning BTC mining. They had control over that market. Why give it away?
    I guess it's worth it for more control over their people.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Are any of you selling some because of this?

pablo222

No.

pablo222

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    ...china ban again? How many times can they ban crypto? Swear, this is like the 3rd or 4th time this year so far we've had China ban news.
    The official count is disputable, but at least 27 times.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Are any of you selling some because of this?
    LOL hell no, if you wanna get rich you need diamond hands to hold, trust me I’ve been holding some coins for over 3 years ;-)
    Points Awarded:

raiders72001 gave mngambler 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

raiders72001

Coinbase just sold $2b in bonds and $7b orders were placed. $650m just invested in NFT fantasy site Sorare. There's way to much money being poured into crypto to worry right now.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 09-24-21 at 05:29 PM.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Coinbase just sold $2b in bonds and $7b orders were placed. $650m just invested in NFT fantasy site Sorare. There's way to much money being pored into crypto to worry right now.
    Thanks

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    LOL hell no, if you wanna get rich you need diamond hands to hold, trust me I’ve been holding some coins for over 3 years ;-)
    I've got coins that I've been holding for 7+ years. Totally cold storage haven't even looked at them. I just looked at an account I had at an exchange. I put like $2k in it years ago. Never looked at, kinda forgot I had it. I just checked the account it is worth $65k right now, even after the down day. It actually was $240k like 7 months ago. Unreal. I was very tempted to move some to cash but I just logged off and called it a day. I told myself many years ago that I wasn't going to sell any coins until 2027.

raiders72001

The OMI token may boom again. It's the utility token for the Ecomi VeVe NFT collectibles. They'll soon have a metaverse where you'll be able to buy land. Their NFT's are on fire.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

My Ada taking a dive

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

I keep on buying bnb.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    My Ada taking a dive
    Patience

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Jerky, BlockFi increasing Stablecoin Interest rate by 1/4%. See if I'm right about +8% interest being blown out of the water:

Stablecoin update

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

My Ada taking a dive
    you ain’t built for crypto bitch

no balls

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

JJgold, where's Sammy? Call me!

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    JJgold, where's Sammy? Call me!
    Rough few days for u, eh? Heard they're throwing away the key.

raiders72001

There are a lot of scams out there. If you buy a coin from Uniswap or Pancakeswap, use the contract address at Coingecko.

If the address isn't at Coingecko, Coinmarketcap is fine. If neither, then make sure it's the coin's official webiste.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 09-28-21 at 01:34 PM.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave raiders72001 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

Raiders is In the Know. Sharp as a Tack.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    you ain’t built for crypto bitch

no balls
    Hey troll

I got more invested then you have in your entire savings.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave pimike 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

relax ladies

there is strong support at 9550

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Hey troll

I got more invested then you have in your entire savings.
    yeah sure you do FRAUD

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Jerky, BlockFi increasing Stablecoin Interest rate by 1/4%. See if I'm right about +8% interest being blown out of the water:

Stablecoin update

Nice thanks for the update !

biggie12

I hope you are all focused on BNB and harmony October is going to be a very very big month.

S

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    I hope you are all focused on BNB and harmony October is going to be a very very big month.

S
    How’s your mining going & what was your total cost investment ?

biggie12

hmm decent... bobcat has been making major updates the last week that slowed down mining for a few days.

I'll tell you one thing I didn't realize u need to put them High up in an attic. Had to hire someone to install 6 of them for me. I dont fukk with heights.

I'm only about 8 days in with all of them up and running making between $120-$150 across the six. So should have investment back in less then 5 weeks... Then it's pure cake.

https://ibb.co/TPktRn5

I've found a new method to mine ethereum and get paid out in algorand... it pays less then etheruem but imo algorand will out perform ethereum over this next year so it makes more sense to take less coins now and get bigger payout down the road. I only mine off one gpu it works out to about 1.0-1.3 algorand a day around $2.00 nothing special.
    Last edited by biggie12; 09-28-21 at 07:04 PM.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    hmm decent... bobcat has been making major updates the last week that slowed down mining for a few days.

I'll tell you one thing I didn't realize u need to put them High up in an attic. Had to hire someone to install 6 of them for me. I dont fukk with heights.

I'm only about 8 days in with all of them up and running making between $120-$150 across the six. So should have investment back in less then 5 weeks... Then it's pure cake.

https://ibb.co/TPktRn5

I've found a new method to mine ethereum and get paid out in algorand... it pays less then etheruem but imo algorand will out perform ethereum over this next year so it makes more sense to take less coins now and get bigger payout down the road. I only mine off one gpu it works out to about 1.0-1.3 algorand a day around $2.00 nothing special.
    Thanks for the update slow start, but that should change as we enter the final months of the year.

First ... 134135136137138139140 ... Last