BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

How Bad is the ACC?

Clemson was an offensive disgrace. North Carolina's alleged Heisman Trophy QB is not worth a crap. Miami is just terrible. The ACC has a very slight chance of going to one of the Championship Games. They are #5 out of the Power 5 Conferences. There were a lot of close games, like OU-Tulane, Ohio State-Minnesota, and a very over-rated Iowa State-Northern Iowa, but all of those teams won. All of the ACC teams lost.

The chances of any ACC team making it to the playoff is almost impossible, Georgia must lose a game plus lose their playoff game to be passed by Clemson. No other ACC team has a realistic chance. If both Alabama and Georgia run the table in the regular season, both get into the playoff. On top of all that, Clemson has a very weak remaining schedule. It pays not to believe what you read because these alleged sports writers are very stupid.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Clemson will win the rest of their games and make the playoffs once again. The ACC is horrible. FSU used to benefit in the 80's and 90's, now Clemson benefits. ND is another overrated ACC darling. How the fukk did ND and Clemson both get into the playoffs last year? Pathetic. UNC ranked #10 was a joke. They'll still move up because of weak schedule.

Watch VaTech make a run as well. That schedule is shitty. The ACC won't even play OOC games because they lose every time they do. Smoke and Mirrors.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Mac. How does Clemson make the playoffs? If UGA and Alabama run the regular season tables, they both are in. A one loss Conference Champiom (Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon) beats Clemson out because, as you said, the ACC is horrible and any one loss team beats Clemson out. Dabo Swinney is a major cry baby and is not liked by a lot of people.

Having said all of that, look for a major chance to make money on Clemson at the end of the month when they go to N.C. State. N.C. State is a pk at Mississippi State on Saturday, which shows you how little respect the ACC has. A win for N.C. State and they go 3-0 before hostiing Clemson.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't think UGA will run the table but even if they do, they would have to meet Bama in the SECCG. The loser of that game will not be ahead of a 1 loss Clemson, even though UGA beat them. The media will say that game was at the beginning of the year, the game was close and Clemson looks like world beaters going undefeated after that and winning their conference. Bama would definitely be out of they loss to UGA in the SECCG and even UGA would be out as the media will push Clemson. They don't like teams from the same conference unless it's ND.

I think Clemson will be favored in every game on their schedule. Probably double digit over NC State?? I'd love to get a great line on Clemson though.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I guarantee you that a 1 loss Georgia team beats out a 1 loss Clemson team. No one cares what the worthless media thinks. The Committee makes these choices, not the writers. The writers have not been right this year. They are noting but a bunch of know-nothings who like to run their mouths and duck the responsibility that goes with it. The Committee will look to put the writers in their place.

Not too much going on this week. Ohio State opens up -14 at home against Oregon who probably will not have All American DE Kayvon Thibodeaux at their disposal with an ankle injury. With games at UCLA, Washington and Utah, a loss here probably ends Oregons very slight hopes of a Playoff appearance.

Pitt at Tennessee should be interesting. Pitt is a slight favorite. Air Force at Navy next Saturday (9/11) promises to be special. Look for a great pre-game show. The Mormons go at it with BYU hosting Utah. Utah is giving 6 points.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7253

Almost as bad as the ACC was the Pac 12.
    Washington lost to Montana. California lost to Nevada. Washington State lost to Utah State. Stanford lost by 17 to Kansas State.
    Arizona lost to BYU. Oregon State lost to Purdue.
    UCLA saved total disgrace by beating an overrated LSU.

You could have got Michigan -1 last week against Washington. Its now -6.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave RM Logic 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Clemson is done.

They’ll roll some weak ACC teams but they’ll probably drop another game.

They have taken a huge step back.

Bama is clearly better than everyone and Georgia is 2nd. After that, who knows. I wasn’t really impressed with anyone else after 1 week.

Mac4Lyfe

I wasn't really impressed by Clemson or Georgia. I don't think Georgia is 2nd at all. We shall see.

Mac4Lyfe

The Big12 was garbage this week too. OU really should have lost if not for some horrible calls to save their butts. I'm still not sold on Texas.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7253

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Clemson is done.

They’ll roll some weak ACC teams but they’ll probably drop another game.

They have taken a huge step back.

Bama is clearly better than everyone and Georgia is 2nd. After that, who knows. I wasn’t really impressed with anyone else after 1 week.
    Georgia might be # 2 right now.
    But having an anemic offense that scored 3 points sucks. And Clemson's defense isnt that great.
    They gave up 650 yards to Ohio State in their previous game.
    Georgia will not beat Florida with that offense.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave RM Logic 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

droop828
    droop828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Mac. How does Clemson make the playoffs? If UGA and Alabama run the regular season tables, they both are in. A one loss Conference Champiom (Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon) beats Clemson out because, as you said, the ACC is horrible and any one loss team beats Clemson out. Dabo Swinney is a major cry baby and is not liked by a lot of people.

Having said all of that, look for a major chance to make money on Clemson at the end of the month when they go to N.C. State. N.C. State is a pk at Mississippi State on Saturday, which shows you how little respect the ACC has. A win for N.C. State and they go 3-0 before hostiing Clemson.
    Vegas has undervalued NC State so far. 6.5 o/u for wins and then missed their game vs USF by 27. They are going to give Clemson all they can handle in Raleigh. Very overlooked team.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

its the 1st game guys in a few weeks u might think differently

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

My go to guy when it comes to sports analytics is Jeff Sagarin.

Of the nine major conferences the ACC Atlantic is ranked seventh, and the ACC Coastal is ranked ninth.
    If Sagarin says the ACC is shitty, then it's shitty.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Sagarin is one of the worst alleged Handicappers of all time. He has the Pac 12 North ranked ahead of the Pac 12 South. The same Pac 12 North that went 1-5 on Saturday. If he is your "go to" guy, I would love to get a few wagers down with you so I can go to my "Go To" guy. My bank deposit window.

stevenash

Sagarin is one of the worst alleged Handicappers of all time. He has the Pac 12 North ranked ahead of the Pac 12 South. The same Pac 12 North that went 1-5 on Saturday. If he is your "go to" guy, I would love to get a few wagers down with you so I can go to my "Go To" guy. My bank deposit window.
    We've had this chat before.
    You can't cherry pick one week of the season and use those results as conclusive.

You used the same argument for the January Bowl games when (I think) the Big Ten went 2 and 7 or something like that four years ago.
    They were still a top three conference that season, an analyst collects all the data, not just bits and pieces.
    Just because the Big Ten teams didn't fare well in the bowls, doesn't make them garbage.

Mac4Lyfe

Louisville looks like shit tonight. ACC totally embarrassed in week 1.

but still better than the state of Louisiana. Every college team in the state lose their games. Everyone of them and there’s a lot. Plus they had a hurricane to boot.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

This is an insanely idiotic take, but not surprising coming from the village idiot. Jeff Sagarin is one of the greatest sports statisticians in the history of the field's existence. I mean what a complete penetrating dumbass post

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JacketFan81 View Post
    This is an insanely idiotic take, but not surprising coming from the village idiot. Jeff Sagarin is one of the greatest sports statisticians in the history of the field's existence. I mean what a complete penetrating dumbass post
    Advanced degree from MIT
    Dude uses advanced algorithms for his calculations instead of darts like the OP does,

How good is Sagarin, Cuban employs him for advice for his Mavs.

droop828

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    My go to guy when it comes to sports analytics is Jeff Sagarin.

Of the nine major conferences the ACC Atlantic is ranked seventh, and the ACC Coastal is ranked ninth.
    If Sagarin says the ACC is shitty, then it's shitty.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
    Can’t look at sagarin too in depth after one week

droop828

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    We've had this chat before.
    You can't cherry pick one week of the season and use those results as conclusive.

Well that’s kind of what you’re doing bubba