icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can also be dismissed without evidence" - Christopher Hitchens

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    You stating it doesn't make it truth. The devout in other religions were just as certain as you are. There is no credible evidence, and you know it.
    I'm not sinful. I live a moral life, with some misadventures. I don't owe anyone apologies or confessions. Nothing I have done in my life comes close to the disgusting immoral acts carried out by your "God," if your book were true. I don't desire eternal life. That sounds like hell to me. Eternity with a bunch of self righteous sycophants? I'll pass, thanks.

I did some reading in this thread last night and it seems BigDofBA, Nitrogen, Blanco and others have done good work here. Hats off to them.

I might suggest instead of cherry picking verses from the bible, you start posting the complete bible in small posts. I doubt you'd make it through the old testament. Much of it is indefensible.
    As far as Christopher Hitchens, he needs no defense. I've read most of the bible. I challenge you to read his book, "god is not Great." You can even take joy in his destroying other religions. But he doesn't spare yours. If you are a seeker, and not ignorant, as you have said, then you should relish the read. With that, I'm out.
    God stating it is what makes it the truth. Everything written in the Bible was given to man by God. Everyone is sinful. Someone claiming to not be sinful is lying. If you don't believe in Jesus and have broken the any of the Ten Commandments your not living a moral life. Nothing God has done is immoral. He has created us all and is a just God. No one is punished for no reason.

Christopher Hitchens was a hateful man who deceived many. He hated God because the Devil hates God and the Devil lives inside all evil people.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 08-06-21 at 09:12 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can also be dismissed without evidence" - Christopher Hitchens
    Anything can be dismissed regardless if there is evidence or not. Christopher Hitchens dismissed the evidence of God because he was evil and God hardened his heart so that he wouldn't believe.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Kyle Kinane has a funny bit at end of his Netflix 30 min segment on season 2 of The Standups on Netflix.

It's about agnostic and atheism , and then the "Everything happens for a reason" and the "Well God works in mysterious ways." phrases that people use.

Also a funny bit about the klan too.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

That only proves.

Hitchens never took 5 seconds to google search: scientific evidence for God.

The "greatest" atheist minds can usually never find it in themselves to research the basics.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

You're trying to deceive god?
    You don't think an all knowing god could figure this out? If HE exists, he knows you're just hedging and maybe he is not cool with that.

Also, I am an atheist because god made me this way. My atheism is part of HIS plan.

Remeber fellas don't covet your neighbors wife but the 14yr old daughter is fine.
    No, I'm not deceiving God, nor myself.
    I believe in God.

I'll try to keep this brief although brevity is not my forte.

I was born into a Roman Catholic family.
    My dad was a strong religious person and believed in God.
    So did my dad's dad, and his dad before him.

When I was a second grader I went to the old time Sunday masses delivered in Latin.
    I found the masses interesting, even as a second grader.

Religion was not forced on me even though I come from a strong Roman Catholic family.
    I'm more than capable of original thought, and I'm a free willed man.

I just choose to believe in God for a lot of reasons.
    I deal with stone cold numbers and data for a living, but there are certain things, situations, life events (call it what you want) that can't be analyzed because there is no data to analyze, so I believe there is a higher power behind that and it's God's doing.

Like I said, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I'm a Roman Catholic, you claim to be an atheist.
    That's fine by me, live and let live.
    Live the life the way you choose, who am I to tell you how to live.
    You choose not to believe, all good by me.
    I'm not a Holy Roller, I'm not fire and brimstone dude, I'm not that guy.
    I just choose to believe, and if one wants to believe in Buddha, or an elephant, or what ever, I say more power to you.

It's like drinking alcohol.
    I quit and been sober for three years now.
    But if you choose to drink, I'm not going to preach AA or the evils of alcohol to you.
    Last July 4 I was offered a Bud, I turned it down, but I did say to the host "I stopped drinking, but by all means party on"

Remember fellas don't covet your neighbors wifebut the 14yr old daughter is fine.
    (No it's not, it's just creepy)

icon

icon

icon

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    You stating it doesn't make it truth. The devout in other religions were just as certain as you are. There is no credible evidence, and you know it.
    I'm not sinful. I live a moral life, with some misadventures. I don't owe anyone apologies or confessions. Nothing I have done in my life comes close to the disgusting immoral acts carried out by your "God," if your book were true. I don't desire eternal life. That sounds like hell to me. Eternity with a bunch of self righteous sycophants? I'll pass, thanks.

I did some reading in this thread last night and it seems BigDofBA, Nitrogen, Blanco and others have done good work here. Hats off to them.

I might suggest instead of cherry picking verses from the bible, you start posting the complete bible in small posts. I doubt you'd make it through the old testament. Much of it is indefensible.
    As far as Christopher Hitchens, he needs no defense. I've read most of the bible. I challenge you to read his book, "god is not Great." You can even take joy in his destroying other religions. But he doesn't spare yours. If you are a seeker, and not ignorant, as you have said, then you should relish the read. With that, I'm out.
    The entire “If I’m wrong nothing happens but if you’re wrong, you goto hell” reasoning is nauseating.

It’s basically saying that you’re faking it just in case. To me that’s worse than just being an open and honest person.

Anyway, I’ve pointed out several hypocrisies and inconsistencies in scripture throughout this thread.

If people could just get over the fear of hell and the possibility of Heaven, it would be very obvious to see. Just walk outside. You don’t see people walking on water, living in whales, or being like 900 years old…..Now, make the connection that all of this BS stopped happening when the camera was invented.

It really doesn’t take much to see it’s all make believe coming from ancient fables but I digress.
    Points Awarded:

icon gave BigDofBA 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Skookum gave BigDofBA 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: icon, and PromiseLand

icon

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    (No it's not, it's just creepy)
    Religion and god? Yes, definitely creepy.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    That only proves.

Hitchens never took 5 seconds to google search: scientific evidence for God.

The "greatest" atheist minds can usually never find it in themselves to research the basics.

Hitchens did a lot of reading/research. He had a brilliant mind. The basics? As in "god wrote the bible so everything in it is true" nonsense?
    There is zero evidence of god as defined by religion. ZERO.

Sanity Check

Hitchens did a lot of reading/research. He had a brilliant mind. The basics? As in "god wrote the bible so everything in it is true" nonsense?

Google search: scientific evidence for God.

Most of the good stuff I've read over the years was deleted.

There is still some decent stuff out there.

stevenash

Religion and god? Yes, definitely creepy.
    "Man plans, God laughs"

icon

Google search: scientific evidence for God.

Most of the good stuff I've read over the years was deleted.

There is still some decent stuff out there.
    I was very specific with what I wrote:

Now there *may* be a god, but the bible, koran, torah etc are all nonsense and fiction, really bad fiction I might add.
    I mean it was easy to fool people thousands of years ago with this nonsense but we have evolved and become more educated.
    Noahs Ark? Virgin birth? Really?

Why is a virgin birth even necessary? Didn't god create male and female and fornicating for a reason?
    Why is god so infatuated with genitals and sex etc?
    The virgin Mary got 0 kok? How terrible for her.

stevenash

Hitchens was a political critic, and a Marxist.
    He was also a heavy drinking alcoholic.
    Intellect is a subjective term, you may think he's more of an intellect than I do.

I choose to believe in God.
    You choose to believe in an English fall down Marxist drunk.
    It's OK, who am I to tell you what or who to believe in just don't tell me what or who to believe in.

Sanity Check

Prove there is zero evidence for religion.

stevenash

He can't prove or disprove.
    It's an intangible.
    He can offer up his opinions which I'll die for defending, doesn't mean I agree with his opinions though.
    Opinions are just like assholes, everybody has one.

BigDofBA

Isn’t on religious people to provide the proof though? They are the ones making the extraordinary claims.

It’s like someone saying, “Prove there is zero evidence that the tooth fairy exists”.

If something exists, it shouldn’t be hard to provide solid evidence. It’s nearly impossible to prove a negative.

stevenash

^
    No.
    I believe in God, I can't prove nor disprove He exists.
    But I don't have to provide proof of anything I believe in.

Just like I'm not asking an atheist to prove God doesn't exist.

I'm not forcing my beliefs on anybody.

Not for nothing why does it seem like it's usually the atheists that do most of the protesting?

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

The sun is god. All ancient people worshiped the sun. It, along with water, gave life to things. Most ancient non-existent "religions" revolved around worshipping the sun, aka "god."

That old movie Zeitgeist explains it pretty good.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

“Christians often think we are doing the Lord’s work when we are not...We cannot serve two masters. The one we choose will determine whether at our death we hear, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant,’ or ‘I never knew you.’” —Daniel L. Weiss

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    The sun is god. All ancient people worshiped the sun. It, along with water, gave life to things. Most ancient non-existent "religions" revolved around worshipping the sun, aka "god."

That old movie Zeitgeist explains it pretty good.
    That is called idolatry. You don't worship something that God made. You worship God who made the sun so we can live. I suggest you sober up and come to the realization that believing in God of the Bible is very serious.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

“Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when I fall, I will arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. I will bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against Him, until He pleads my case and executes justice for me.” (Micah 7:8-9)

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

The enemy is full of hate. So many non believers are full of hatred towards God and his followers.

Last edited by bonzaii; 08-08-21 at 02:59 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tommir99

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

Atheists are typically those who want to believe their choices are 100% unrelated to their life consequences.

Then blame everyone and everything except themselves (for their own choices) when things don't go the way they want them to.

They don't want to know if God is real.

The concept of a God holding them accountable for their choices is terrifying.

icon

Isn’t on religious people to provide the proof though? They are the ones making the extraordinary claims.

It’s like someone saying, “Prove there is zero evidence that the tooth fairy exists”.

If something exists, it shouldn’t be hard to provide solid evidence. It’s nearly impossible to prove a negative.
    These guys don't get it at all. I'm glad you do though. If you can't prove something DOESN'T exist then it exists?

icon

Atheists are typically those who want to believe their choices are 100% unrelated to their life consequences.

Then blame everyone and everything except themselves (for their own choices) when things don't go the way they want them to.

They don't want to know if God is real.

The concept of a God holding them accountable for their choices is terrifying.
    Circular, all the "atheists" want to see is some evidence of god. There is none, the bible was written (at the time) for the uneducated.

What I think what is terrifying for believers is the thought that there is no god.
    You fellas are trapped in fear. Maybe god could let you out of your cage.
    I have no fear of god, can't fear what doesn't exist.

Sanity Check

Circular, all the "atheists" want to see is some evidence of god. There is none, the bible was written (at the time) for the uneducated.

What I think what is terrifying for believers is the thought that there is no god.
    You fellas are trapped in fear. Maybe god could let you out of your cage.
    I have no fear of god, can't fear what doesn't exist.

Atheists are never people who want to know the truth of whether God exists.

They're only looking for generic and flawed arguments for God not existing.

Which is why they never know the basics on anything.

BigDofBA

Atheists are never people who want to know the truth of whether God exists.

They're only looking for generic and flawed arguments for God not existing.

Which is why they never know the basics on anything.
    I used to be religious. As I asked more questions, did more research, and became more educated….it just kept becoming less and less likely to the point that I just quit being in denial with myself.

The more I read the Bible, the less believable it became. If anything, science constantly proves the Bible wrong but not one time has the Bible proven science wrong.

I would get into conversations with religious people that knew less about the Bible than I did and they would tell me I was going to hell. Lol

Obviously society has a lot of unanswered questions but life became more clear when I quit the charade.

I have nothing against religious people as long as their relgion doesn’t harm anyone. I’m just stating my opinion.

Side note, it’s always ironic to me when people tell me to “prove God doesn’t exist” then the same people don’t believe in Islam or any other religion that isn’t Christianity or whatever they chose to believe in.

Prove Islam isn’t the correct religion.

Sanity Check

I used to be religious. As I asked more questions, did more research, and became more educated….it just kept becoming less and less likely to the point that I just quit being in denial with myself.

The more I read the Bible, the less believable it became. If anything, science constantly proves the Bible wrong but not one time has the Bible proven science wrong.

I would get into conversations with religious people that knew less about the Bible than I did and they would tell me I was going to hell. Lol

Obviously society has a lot of unanswered questions but life became more clear when I quit the charade.

I have nothing against religious people as long as their relgion doesn’t harm anyone. I’m just stating my opinion.

Side note, it’s always ironic to me when people tell me to “prove God doesn’t exist” then the same people don’t believe in Islam or any other religion that isn’t Christianity or whatever they chose to believe in.

Prove Islam isn’t the correct religion.

Serious atheists repeat the same arguments.

The end product of research and learning is a unique perspective.

stevenash

Serious atheists repeat the same arguments.

The end product of research and learning is a unique perspective.
    Atheists tend to be lazy people.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

More people across the Earth are turning away from their evil ways and accepting Jesus into their life.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

We don't come from Apes

Last edited by bonzaii; 08-10-21 at 04:18 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

“We cannot pick and choose which commands of our Lord we will follow. Jesus Christ’s last command to the Christian community was, ‘You are to go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere’ (Mark 16:15, TLB).” —Bill Bright

First ... 126127128129130131132 ... Last