clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

tired of the Rogers circus.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The front office in Green Bay reminds me of the lyrics of that Kinks song "Well Respected Man"

They are just pretentious ultra conservative self righteous clowns who do everything "safe"

Really they have always taken 'the best player' on the board, never drafting to fill a need except in 99 after Moss debuted and changed the nature of defense in the NFL.

They stumbled into Favre, and Rodgers landed in their lap. But I cannot see another trade of draft puck they've made since 1990 that was 'taking a shot' or a 'great call' and what I mean is, say, the Vikes, who always draft mid pack, have drafted all pros, ROYs and hall of famers in this timeline. Guys like Moss, Harvin, Peterson, Rice, Cook, Smith, Patterson, Rhodes, Kendricks, etc

Guys that were drafted a little high or had some issues.

The Pack don't make trades either. I mean look at the Bears & the Vikes always trading for All Pro pieces when they have a shot. Mack turned Chi into a 13 win team. The Vikes go out and get a Jared Allen or Steve Hutchinson and they're a 12 win team.

GB never makes the move to get over the top.
    Well they did get Reggie White & Charles Woodson, but Woodson was 10 years ago. They don't do much. How can you have Aaron Rodgers and NEVER draft a 1st round WR? Dude has been playing 16 years

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Well they did get Reggie White & Charles Woodson, but Woodson was 10 years ago. They don't do much. How can you have Aaron Rodgers and NEVER draft a 1st round WR? Dude has been playing 16 years
    Exactly

You imagine if that guy had 1 dude like a Julio Jones these last 10 years. My God!

Even w Favre....he had Jennings & Driver & Freeman. But what if GB had gone out and grabbed a Issac Bruce or Marvin Harrison.

But no. They got 2 free agent signings in 30 years that matter.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

I'm not exactly on the same page. I don't view Football thru the Fantasy FB lens.

Ask the Lions about drafting several WRs at the top of the draft. Ya, I know Calvin Johnson was a beast.

Going back in time, Ron Wolf made some great acquisitions. And the Packers hit some home runs in the draft. Ted Thompson era was "draft and develop" and he made very few trades annually.

One draft pick that they hit big on was OT Bakhtiari. Can't imagine too many Fantasy FB guys liked that one.

Seems like his crop of WRs has been adequate. They made NFC Championship L2 years. Have to play well in those games and maybe get better fortune.

Still not sure what Rodgers is bent about. Is he envious of Brady? Would he like to pull a similar move (going elsewhere and saying "Told you so")?

MinnesotaFats

Rodgers issue is that he's gotten the Pack to the playoffs & been competing deep into the post season for 15 years and not once has the tram made a splash to take a shot. Not 1 time.

He looks around the league and sees Cleveland go get OBJ, Bears grab Mack, the Cards get Hopkins, the Bucks get Brown & Gronk, the Bills get Diggs & the Chiefs grab what they need to get better.

What does GB do...the draft a back up QB, and back up RB then next season a mediocre DB & back up lineman.

I'd be livid. They could have packaged the last 3 of those pucks or last year's 1st and gotten Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I'm not exactly on the same page. I don't view Football thru the Fantasy FB lens.

Ask the Lions about drafting several WRs at the top of the draft. Ya, I know Calvin Johnson was a beast.

Going back in time, Ron Wolf made some great acquisitions. And the Packers hit some home runs in the draft. Ted Thompson era was "draft and develop" and he made very few trades annually.

One draft pick that they hit big on was OT Bakhtiari. Can't imagine too many Fantasy FB guys liked that one.

Seems like his crop of WRs has been adequate. They made NFC Championship L2 years. Have to play well in those games and maybe get better fortune.

Still not sure what Rodgers is bent about. Is he envious of Brady? Would he like to pull a similar move (going elsewhere and saying "Told you so")?
    Scantling Green or whatever his name is and Lazard? They're the shittiest 2nd-3rd WRs out there by far!!! Maybe Chicago might be that bad?
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 07-25-21 at 05:46 AM.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

Brady was 1-5 against the Mannings in conf. championships and SBs so did Belechik draft a QB? Jimmy G.....and Brady didn't like it and had him shipped out pretty quick.

Brady throws 3 picks in the 2nd half and goes to the SB. Brady throws for 200 yards and wins the SB by 22 points

Brady scores 13 points and wins the SB

GBs defense has allowed 34.5 points in Rodgers 10 playoff losses. Tom Brady's playoff teams have given up more then 34 twice. Twice in 45 playoff appearances. Think about those stats for a second. Your goddamn defense gets shredded in the NFLs Final 4 (AGAIN) and your first pick is to trade up for a QB? Are you serious? I'm surprised AR played last year. F those idiots

Brady scores 13 and wins by 10
    Rodgers scored 45 & 31 and lost both games
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 07-25-21 at 05:50 AM.

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Don’t get the widespread man crush the media and a few fanboys have on Rodgers.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He might be bluffing

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He might be bluffing

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

you can't win with a flame QB

he will be under center snapping balls every night now

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Rodgers isn't retiring there's far to much money on the table to just leave. People always say hey the guy's rich already well the wealthy can never get enough money. Just look at some of the most wealthiest people in the World they continue to build up their roll.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

[IMG] [/IMG]

MinnesotaFats

Rumor has it 2 years $100m fully guaranteed will get the job done

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Chili_Powder View Post
    Don’t get the widespread man crush the media and a few fanboys have on Rodgers.
    Last 3 years he has 99 TDs and 11 picks with literally nobody at 2nd/3rd WR. Probably the most talented QB in the history of the game, but I'm a clueless fanboy I guess? If you don't think Belechik/Rodgers couldn't do whatever Brady did then you're wrong
    Points Awarded:

Chili_Powder gave Fred The Hammer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1696

If bahktirie didnt get hurt they would have been in the super bowl at least
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rogers choked in a few huge playoff games

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 234

U sure it wasn’t packers d ?

Fred The Hammer

He should've ran the ball there at the end. He's not perfect, but Brady throws 3 picks while he throws 1 and his "pick" was an obvious defensive hold that they didn't call. Then Brady throws a 40 yard TD with :08 left or whatever. How do you let a white boy get behind your secondary there? Thats like losing a jump ball to a midget

Fred The Hammer

https://youtu.be/XsqeUKZaSvg

Watch this shit. BLATANT F GRAB ON THE WRS JERSEY??? ANYONE THINK THEY MISS THAT CALL ON BRADY????

Rodgers was 14-18 for 169/1 TD at that point and that missed call / gift TD turned the whole game around
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 07-25-21 at 10:55 PM.

MinnesotaFats

I agree that he held him, but it was also perfect coverage as far as positioning is concerned.

Can't throw that ball there, no window.

Now...the point is, Lazard at wr2 is a joke.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    U sure it wasn’t packers d ?
    No. Great qbs find a way
    Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chili_Powder

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Last 3 years he has 99 TDs and 11 picks with literally nobody at 2nd/3rd WR. Probably the most talented QB in the history of the game, but I'm a clueless fanboy I guess? If you don't think Belechik/Rodgers couldn't do whatever Brady did then you're wrong

Most talented ever, maybe. Best intangibles, not even close.

Brady left massive amounts of money on the table to help the Patriots sign/keep players.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tom-...in-2018-7?op=1

Bellicheck was and is not easy to play for. For those sensitive to criticism, that’s not a great fit. Brady did it for 20 years.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Chili_Powder View Post
    Most talented ever, maybe. Best intangibles, not even close.

Brady left massive amounts of money on the table to help the Patriots sign/keep players.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tom-...in-2018-7?op=1

Bellicheck was and is not easy to play for. For those sensitive to criticism, that’s not a great fit. Brady did it for 20 years.
    Brady's old lady makes more then he does. Yeah he's really a team player. You let me know when Rodgers could put up 13 points and win a SB! Brady put up how many on the Giants in 2 SBs? 17 and 14 or whatever?

Brady is great and I'm not disputing that, but every casual sucks his dick like he's perfect and ignores his faults. Seattle and Atlanta just gift wrapped 2 SB rings for him. The first one was BS because of the Tuck Rule. Thats a fumble. Pure and simple. Retarded ass stupid rule and I'm no Raiders fan

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No. Great qbs find a way
    I'm going to throw statistical facts at you again. Please try to follow along:

RODGERS PLAYOFF DEFENSES HAVE ALLOWED 34.5 POINTS PER GAME IN HIS PLAYOFF LOSSES

BRADY'S PLAYOFF DEFENSES GAVE UP MORE THEN THAT 2 TIMES IN 45 GAMES (BRADY LOST BOTH)

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No. Great qbs find a way
    Mannings 5-1 vs Brady in SBs and AFC Championship Games

Eli owns that ass!!! Peyton is on more of a rent to own basis.

Fred The Hammer

Bottom Line its going to be interesting to see where this goes.

I'm guessing GB might be +175 to win the division with Love? Are people still buying in on Cousins/Vikings? They suck. Cook is the only primo talent they have.

If Love has Adams then GB will win the NFC North

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Rumor has it 2 years $100m fully guaranteed will get the job done
    his old beach buddy must be bummed he let this one slip away

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

They should just trade him already. Wouldn't getting some players and a few first rounders be worth more than 1 season of an unhappy Rodgers?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has indicated to people close to him that he does plan to play for GB this season, sources say. That is the expectation. Many factors at play, but with GM Brian Gutekunst saying he is “hopeful” for a positive outcome, there is a glimmer of optimism.

- Ian Rapoport

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

The way he's behaved this offseason, what all the sources close to him have been telling the media, and his own words make me think he's either mentally ill, a primadonna or both.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

lets see him in new england

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Packers, QB Close to Agreement; Would Set Up Final Season in GB