THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 264: Poirier vs. McGregor 3 (July 10, 2021)

Pay-per-view 10:00 pm ET
    Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
    Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson
    Greg Hardy vs. Tai Tuivasa
    Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya
    Sean O’Malley vs. Louis Smolka

ESPN 8:00 pm ET
    Carlos Condit vs. Max Griffin
    Michel Pereira vs. Niko Price
    Sean Brady vs. Kevin Lee
    Dricus Du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles

ESPN+ 6:00 pm ET
    Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria
    Jessica Eye vs. Jennifer Maia
    Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares
    Jerome Rivera vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
    Alen Amedovski vs. Hu Yaozong

Points Awarded:

magpie878 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mase of Base gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14056

mcgregor only -110.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7037

I agree with the sentiment that if McGregor doesn't KO him very early, he's cooked.

I thought he'd win the last fight, then afterwards wondered why... he barely fought for awhile, he makes tons of money elsewhere, family, and whatever else... was he really motivated? Don't know, but I still find it hard to see his motivation when he's making lots of money win or lose, and this is basically a payday.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

Conor will be ready to bring his A game. Poirier can push him to his limits with pressure. Make him fight more then he would like. That's Dustin's recipe for victory. Conor must play it slow and steady til he lands a power shot and follow it up as he is known to do. Conor will chose to fight this one at a greater distance. Poirier will not have such an easy time with low kicks. McGregor can make the adjustments and execute them to help him take the win. I have won more $$ on Conor then any other fighter. I may be bias but McCraken gets the W. GL

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Looking forward to this whole card and I'm not really sure why ha! A lot of fighters I like but don't follow all that much I think.

Anyone else find it really weird that Hardy v Tuivasa is the third to last fight?! Potential to be entertaining but think it could be a a fizzer with it being main card, a lot on the line for both and sketchy gas tanks.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Gotta just zigzag and play the odds. Last time it was Poirier coming in with revenge and way too wide odds. Now it's McGregor coming in with a reaction /adjustments and we are getting -105.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Poirier pretty much a lock.

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

We must all admit, this is either guys fight to win. What "happens" is what we are betting. Just depends what happens first. Who gets it, who keeps it or who will crack first. Love these type fights!

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post

Bet it then. Pound it! I heard that shit so much for Diaz II, but CM went off favored so all these people talking shit forgot to put their $ where their mouth is.

Only 2 possibilities imo and both have little to do with Dustin.

1. Conor lost what he had. Too much ph ucking around with boxing, selling whiskey, having multiple kids, yachts, etc, etc. Basically getting filthy rich. That alone can ruin your drive and passion, but the main thing to me is the time off.

Nov 2016 Humiliates a tough Eddie Alvarez and at the top of his game

Oct 2018 Loses to Khabib. Wayyyyyy too much to chew off when you haven't fought in 2 years. I think the Nov 2016 version gives Khabib the toughest fight of his life. Actually CM wasn't bad in this one. Only guy to win a round vs Khabib

Jan 2021 Loses to Dustin. I'm not counting the win over Cowboy. He was just a shell and looking for a payday and a place to fall down so thats another 27 months between real fights!

You just can't do that? Fighting is timing and cardio, etc etc. These guys need atleast 3 fights every 2 years!

2. Fighting is timing and cardio, CM is the better fighter and just needed the work and to get back in rhythm. Losing checks his huge ego and allows him to listen to his coaches.

Personally I think its #2, but nobody will know til its over. Like Khabib said....CMs cardio & power seem to go quickly so he's got to come out blazing and get the KO no later then mid 2nd round or DP will wear him down. CM has a little of that bully mentality where he's fine when he's winning, but if its a back and forth war then I give the heart/will to DP.

Actually I cashed Under 2.5 pretty big in the last fight although I thought CM would starch Dustin. I think I'll be on CM 1st round KO ($250 at most) and hedge with DP 2nd round stoppage. I don't see it going to the 3rd round
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 07-01-21 at 06:08 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Wohlford gave Fred The Hammer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2586

Dustin and Conor both have overrated power almost all finishes against chinny or undersized fighters. CM might take more careful approach and try to get cleaner shots in 2 or 3 round. Probaby fight will and in TKO one way or the other but in later rounds accumulation of damage rather than one punch KO

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7037

Quote Originally Posted by povis View Post
    Dustin and Conor both have overrated power almost all finishes against chinny or undersized fighters. CM might take more careful approach and try to get cleaner shots in 2 or 3 round. Probaby fight will and in TKO one way or the other but in later rounds accumulation of damage rather than one punch KO
    McGregor has never stopped anyone past round 2. If anyone is counting on a round 3+ KO by Conor, well, good luck is all I can say. He'll be huffing and puffing.

McGregor 3-3 in last six, though that dates back to 2016! 4 of 5 losses by submission. If this fight enters round 3, I could very well see a Poirier win via sub as much as KO.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave magpie878 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

povis gave magpie878 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO

A lot of money coming in on Poirier now DP is as low as -130 bit surprised. I was looking to bet on Dustin but line is bad imo maybe sub or ko is better option at this point. I like Tuivasa also.

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO

A lot of money coming in on Poirier now DP is as low as -130 bit surprised. I was looking to bet on Dustin but line is bad imo maybe sub or ko is better option at this point. I like Tuivasa also.
    dont know why it's in a square.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    mcgregor only -110.
    The Irish are back!

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

dont know why it's in a square.
    You'll do nuttin

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Get the fook outa here

Fred The Hammer

Bet MGM has Conor to win by stop/DQ +135, but I'm sure thats limited to a certain amount. +100 even money otherwise. He sure as hell isn't winning a decision.

I'm a Conor fan, but I'm not that confident. If he loses its over. Prime CM is better then Dustin, but you just can't p huc k around like he has and beat dedicated fighters like Poirier.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15952

The only thing I'm certain about in the Conor fight is it's going to end early. I lean Poirier but who knows how motivated Conor is to win this one.

Sato

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Get the fook outa here
    Thrilla how? youve been around MMA for a long time.

Money is what motivated Conor because thats all he talked about on his way up. With his whiskey and investments what motivates him? Winning a fight? I dont think so...

He didnt look great against Poirier and we didnt see anything vs Cowboy. Conor doesnt like a fighter that can grind and Poirier can bring the heat.

Late round stoppage or sub Poirier

Fred The Hammer

Thrilla how? youve been around MMA for a long time.

Money is what motivated Conor because thats all he talked about on his way up. With his whiskey and investments what motivates him? Winning a fight? I dont think so...

He didnt look great against Poirier and we didnt see anything vs Cowboy. Conor doesnt like a fighter that can grind and Poirier can bring the heat.

Late round stoppage or sub Poirier
    Its not just winning/losing a fight? Conor loses and its pretty much over! Sure he could fight Diaz again or whatever, but its all minor league shit and he's not going to do that with his financial situation! I like Dustin and he's tough as nails, but he's hittable. I don't think Dan Hooker is all that great and he lit DP up in a war! DP can also be a slow starter. Michael Johnson KO'd him quick but that was 5 years ago.

I think CM will show more in/out movement like in his prime and get a stop late 1st or early 2nd, but I'm a CM fan too. Say what you want, but love him or hate him, Conor brings that aura to the cage! Everyone is watching one way or the other. Big loss for MMA if he goes away.

Masvidal is another one. Always comes to fight and he can talk up a fight! He brought the best out of Snoozeman. Before Masvidal, Snoozeman was happy to lay on guys and ring up decisions. Jiri Prozchovka or whatever his name is....will be about the only entertaining fighter left when Conor/Masvidal are gone.
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 07-05-21 at 09:27 AM.

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO

It's a shame Conor spend 5 years doing stupid stuff after UFC 205 and bout with Floyd. Prime CM would murder Dustin 9 times of 10. Conor is slow stuck in the mud flat footed boxer he made fun of guys like Dustin. Now he's a out of prime fighter with big ego Dustin ITD is very solid bet, maybe some smaller bets in 4th and 5th rounds.

povis
    povis's Avatar SBR PRO

Very few can talk and fight will see how TJ looks after suspention but yes guys like Conor and Masvidal can sell out an arena. I love watching Israel but men he's so cringe and pathetic when it comes to promotion if he had trash talk game like Derrick Lewis he would have half mil. more PPV buys. Cheering for Conor all day will see maybe he can pull of something spectacular but i highly doubt it.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14056

does anyone but me believe some UFC matches are rigged.

WolfTicketDealer
    WolfTicketDealer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7615

Nah, this isn't boxing or the NBA draft lottery.
    Points Awarded:

frankieunits2685 gave WolfTicketDealer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Win or lose it doesn't make a difference for Conor. He is not winning another belt so if he loses he won't be done. He could fight a chair and all tickets would sell out. Equally he won't do much either if he wins. He is certainly not beating Charles, not sure if he even wants to fight Charles if he beats Dustin. So not even sure who'd be next for Conor if he wins. Charles would make sense but like I said I doubt ole Conor wants to fight a prime Charles.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

We wouldn't have any non-English speaking champs if the UFC was rigged.

Uncle Dana doesn't like those. The boss is probably still pissed that Chandler lost. And he also doesn't like Twood - pretty sure he hated him -, yet he was a champ at the time. Uncle Dana probably also doesn't want Usman as a champ because the guy is as interesting as a bag of worn socks. He'd much rather have Colby as the champ.

But good for us and the sport that the UFC is not rigged and scripted like boxing.

Sato

UFC is full of dull morons who are not able to sell anything on the mic. Thats why Dana jerks off 4 times every day when he finally has another Conor McGregor.

2014-2016 McGregor is forever gone. It will be very hard to let go of him.

Its funny because Dana actually killed Conor...he shouldnt have allowed him to fight Floyd he should have let him grind up his wealth and not let him earn 100 million in one fight.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Win or lose it doesn't make a difference for Conor. He is not winning another belt so if he loses he won't be done. He could fight a chair and all tickets would sell out. Equally he won't do much either if he wins. He is certainly not beating Charles, not sure if he even wants to fight Charles if he beats Dustin. So not even sure who'd be next for Conor if he wins. Charles would make sense but like I said I doubt ole Conor wants to fight a prime Charles.
    You think CM is going to be ranked out of the top 5 and fight young guys to move back up? No....he'll "retire" for 18 months and comeback and fight Nate for a pay day, but it can't get the same hype. If he loses then its effectively over.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Houston we have a problem.

Took me 28.5 years to think...

Fred The Hammer

UFC is full of dull morons who are not able to sell anything on the mic. Thats why Dana jerks off 4 times every day when he finally has another Conor McGregor.

2014-2016 McGregor is forever gone. It will be very hard to let go of him.

Its funny because Dana actually killed Conor...he shouldnt have allowed him to fight Floyd he should have let him grind up his wealth and not let him earn 100 million in one fight.
    I don't know how old you are, but this reminds me of Mike Tyson. He sat in jail for 3 years, here in Indiana, and he was never the same. He would've knocked Holyfield out into the crowd in his prime.

A little bit of me thinks (or hopes) that Conor just needs reps in the ring. You have to remember Dustin has been in alot of wars while Conor took 2 years off to box and then tried to come back without a tuneup for Khabib (stupid) and then another 27 months off because of the suspension or whatever...throwing the dolly, etc.
    Building up and selling Proper 12, etc etc. You're either a businessman or a fighter? Nobody can fight once every 2 years and compete at the highest level!
    Beating up Cowboy meant nothing and wasn't even a tune-up really.

I had forgot Conor beat Diaz in that war and then turned around less then 3 months later and KOd Alvarez in a showcase performance. I think he still has it in him. He's not even 33 yet? We're about to find out?
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 07-05-21 at 11:27 PM.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

I'm whoever the pedophile dude was with a wire...

Old, Olden-Drunkin daws:

A course on "legalized" pedophilia.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

All this talk like Connor has lost something is a joke. Connor was beating all guys that were a lot smaller than himself by killing himself with his weight cut. He fought Bless a guy his same size to a decision. Aldo Mendes guys with talent were all smaller. When he was forced to fight guys his own size by moving up in most cases he was still the bigger man. He fights nate a bigger man and gets smoked. He fights him again in a super close fight where some think Nate won. Now he fights Dustin, a Dustin that was way better than the younger Dustin and gets beat. The guy is still a talent and gave Khabib his toughest bout out of most of the guys i saw Khabib fight. Sure taking huge time off between bouts most likely hurt but the guy is still good. I think Dustin wins this because he is the better boxer but Dustin chin worries me. That whole Floyd fight was nothing more than Floyd carrying Conors ass. Not a surprised that when the betting line hit the over in that fight Mayweather than decided to take him out.

My favorite fight is the Tua fight. I think he knocks the cowboy into next week if he stays discipline but you never know with these Hawaiians. He may be in the bar drinking with Hunt the day of the fight. I would love to see an inshape Hunt fight Francis but that will never happen.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Relax guys. Everytime McGregor fights casuals check-in in the event thread.

Whatever cool story bro. Yeah sure sure

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

Boxing legend Marvin Hagler once said “It's hard to get out of bed in the morning to go for a run when you're sleeping in silk sheets”.

1234 ... Last