vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You watch the games lol. That means nothing guy. You still took the bucks today. At least that's what you told us. You did that because you thought the nets didn't have enough. I would NEVER have faded Jordan after he won titles.
    I posted the bucks well before tip. I took them because I realize Durant had garbage around him and 50 points again would be tough….although he scored 48 in another incredible performance. What does Jordan have to do with KD incredible series?

vitterd

Kawhi is as soft as they come.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Kawhi won a championship with just Fred Van Vleet and Nick Nurse. That has to count for something

Even if Warriors lost Durant, they still had two superstars plus an all-star so I don't know how you dismiss what Kawhi did that year
    Kawhi had Gasol Ibaka Siakam Vanvleet and Lowry. Gasol and Lowry will be in the hall of fame one day. Vanvleet was the 4th option on that team.

I dismiss it because Durant would shred him, as he's always done. And then Klay Thompson tears his ACL in game 6, a game that the Warriors were winning almost wire to wire.

You're not gonna build your legacy off injuries, at least not in my book. If Thompson stays in, and Leonard wins, I give him all the credit. Thompson was the best player in that series. He was destroying Leonard in game 6, and leonard asked to guard him.

Not hard to win a ring when you're playing against Curry and a bunch of d leaguers. No respect for that ring, sorry. Just my opinion though.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    You compare everyone to Jordan? Lol. Jordan took 6 years to make the playoffs and didn’t win anything until Pippen arrived. Jordan and Pippen are 2 top 50 players of all time…..he needed help.
    I will ask bill wennington and blowjob Armstrong to play for the nets next season. Pippen was overrated but you can use that top 50 thing to your advantage. You hate Jordan bro. He didn't join all stars. Vitterd you are a part of the problem. You think it's okay what the current NBA is. KD lost tonight. What did his game 5 mean?

Nothing🤣🤣🤣🤣

Goat Milk

Goat hates it when a star team don't win. Most people are happy but he loves all star guys.
    I wanna see the underdog beat the all star team when they are healthy, like when the Mavs beat the Heat in 2011? I was on Miami. You remember. Dallas won that series fair and square. Dirk was a straight monster. They turned Lebron into a ghost. That's how you win a championship. That's how it's done. Or when the Pistons took down Kobe and Shaq. That's how it's done.

Not this injury bullshit. Fair point or not?

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31712

I also think Pippen is vastly overrated and benefited more from playing with Jordan than the other way around

Did Jordan need him ? Of course, but that's just because he needed another strong player, could have been any number of players but my opinion, Pippen wasn't that special

Great defender but if he played his entire career without Jordan, is he still regarded as a generational great ? I doubt it
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave asiagambler 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Kawhi had Gasol Ibaka Siakam Vanvleet and Lowry. Gasol and Lowry will be in the hall of fame one day. Vanvleet was the 4th option on that team.

I dismiss it because Durant would shred him, as he's always done. And then Klay Thompson tears his ACL in game 6, a game that the Warriors were winning almost wire to wire.

You're not gonna build your legacy off injuries, at least not in my book. If Thompson stays in, and Leonard wins, I give him all the credit. Thompson was the best player in that series. He was destroying Leonard in game 6, and leonard asked to guard him.

Not hard to win a ring when you're playing against Curry and a bunch of d leaguers. No respect for that ring, sorry. Just my opinion though.
    So if the Suns or Bucs win the championship this year does it count? Will you have respect for Booker or Giannis? Or will it be a fluke because of injuries?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Thank you.

Kawhi has a better legacy than Durant.
    Sorry but history will never remember it that way. Durant has every record over him, every award over him, more playoff appearance, more finals appearances, better playoff stats, more all nba teams, I mean you name it, Durant has him beat. Not sure what you're even talking about.

asiagambler

Gasol will be a hall of famer because he's an international but Lowry ? That seems a bit of a stretch

Anyway, Van Vleet was the 2nd best Raptor in that series in my opinion

Goat Milk

So if the Suns or Bucs win the championship this year does it count? Will you have respect for Booker or Giannis? Or will it be a fluke because of injuries?
    You'll get some respect, but you're not getting the type of respect Dirk got from me when he beat the big 3, all healthy. That's how it's done. That's how you win a ring. That's how you earn my real respect. If Giannis is so great, then lets see him win a ring this year, and then repeat next year if he plays against healthy teams. And if he faces the nets again for example and gets swept, then his ring means nothing to me, because I'll know that it was a fluke.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

Lakerman silence.

You got lucky by 1 centimeter and you're sitting here bragging about it?

Durant will be back and win it all probably next year.

You had bucks winning this series in the beginning when irving and harden were healthy. That would have been a sweep.

You simply got lucky.

No need to make a thread about it.

Acknowledge your luck and move on.
    Injuries and luck are what you need to win titles. Irving has stayed healthy for 1 season basically. Thats not a reason to use for losing because he might keep getting injured. But what it truly comes down to is that giannis a guy who cant hit threes and cant make free throws was allowed to score layups and dunks on big possessions when durant should have just fouled him. Durant proved tonight he needs to play with players that are winners(Steph, Klay, Draymond). Instead he chose to play with a pg who has only stayed healthy in really one playoff run and a sg who has yet to prove hes a winner. He didnt want to play with golden state because hes mentally weak and they are too hard on him. So instead he will get early playoff exits

lakerboy

I also think Pippen is vastly overrated and benefited more from playing with Jordan than the other way around

Did Jordan need him ? Of course, but that's just because he needed another strong player, could have been any number of players but my opinion, Pippen wasn't that special

Great defender but if he played his entire career without Jordan, is he still regarded as a generational great ? I doubt it
    These guys hate Jordan. They think pippen didn't benefit of Jordan. Apparently the greatest NBA player of all time only benefited of Scott Pippen. A guy who would have amounted to nothing without mj.
    Points Awarded:

asiagambler gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

asiagambler

Gasol will be a hall of famer because he's an international but Lowry ? That seems a bit of a stretch

Anyway, Van Vleet was the 2nd best Raptor in that series in my opinion
    And Gasol was over the hill too, nowhere near a superstar if he even ever was one

vitterd

I will ask bill wennington and blowjob Armstrong to play for the nets next season. Pippen was overrated but you can use that top 50 thing to your advantage. You hate Jordan bro. He didn't join all stars. Vitterd you are a part of the problem. You think it's okay what the current NBA is. KD lost tonight. What did his game 5 mean?

Nothing🤣🤣🤣🤣
    You mean Jeff Greene and Bruce Brown are quality players? Lmao

Jordan is a dick as I’ve said but I also realize his greatness. I can not like the man but admire his ability. You can’t do that. You hate the guy so bash him no matter what.

His game 5 was one of the greatest performances in playoff history. Because he didn’t win the series it doesn’t count? What kind of logic is that? Jordan scored 63 against the Celts and lost the series and they talk about it 30 years later.

If you don’t like the current nba that’s too bad because you’re missing great things. Half those guys that were playing when jordan was playing, couldn’t make a roster now. His toughest defender was joe dumars at 6’2. Lol

Unrivaled

Sorry but history will never remember it that way. Durant has every record over him, every award over him, more playoff appearance, more finals appearances, better playoff stats, more all nba teams, I mean you name it, Durant has him beat. Not sure what you're even talking about.
    History will remember Durant could win nothing until he joined a super team with 2 future hall of famers and a defensive MVP.

lakerboy

Durant will NEVER win like kawhi did that year. That's all that matters. Nothing else.

Goat Milk

Jordan is a dick ad I’ve said but I also realize his greatness. I can not like the man but admire his ability. You can’t do that. You hate the guy so bash him no matter what.

His game 5 was one of the greatest performances in playoff history. Because he didn’t win the series it doesn’t count? What kind of logic is that? Jordan scored 63 against the Celts and lost the series and they talk about it 30 years later.

If you don’t like the current nba that’s too bad because you’re missing great things. Half those guys that were playing when jordan was playing, couldn’t make a roster now. His toughest defender was joe dumars at 6’2. Lol
    Jordan played in a weaker era, he was so ahead of everyone. Kobe shredded him for 42 points in 1.5 quarters.

I repeat, Kobe scored 42 on Jordan in 16 minutes.

If Kobe played in Jordan's era, Jordan would struggle with him. Most all defensive first teams ever for kobe.

There was no other player like Kobe in Jordan's era. Hakeem was the 2nd best player in the world. Hakeem nothing compared to Bryant.

vitterd

Durant will NEVER win like kawhi did that year. That's all that matters. Nothing else.
    Yeah but you said Lebron wouldn’t win. Not a single GM in the league is taking Kawhi over KD

lakerboy

Jordan is a dick ad I’ve said but I also realize his greatness. I can not like the man but admire his ability. You can’t do that. You hate the guy so bash him no matter what.

Pj tucker just advanced over kd. I'm not missing anything buddy. Sure you can watch YouTube. He was a small favor to win this series. You think Jordan was a favorite vs the bird Celtics? Why even compare?

lakerboy

Yeah but you said Lebron wouldn’t win. Not a single GM in the league is taking Kawhi over KD
    That's only because of injury. You are taking embiid over anyone and he barely walks. Lmao. Have fun next round. 💪

vitterd

That's only because of injury. You are taking embiid over anyone and he barely walks. Lmao. Have fun next round. 💪
    Embiid is the best big man in the league but a healthy Lebron is still the leagues best player with KD right behind him. You like to put words in my mouth for some reason. Anybody see Jokic lately? That fraud should go to Europe and give back the mvp trophy.

Goat Milk

Kawhi, the guy who's never played a full season in his career. For someone who talks all the time about player softness and missing games, I don't understand your obsession with Kawhi. Has he even averaged 20 ppg for his career? Leonard is on his 3rd team now as well. Hopping around joining all stars.

Kawhi did nothing that year in my book. He beat a team with Steph Curry and a bunch of D league players. Kawhi won a finals MVP averaging 17 ppg. Pitiful. Wasn't even the 3rd option on that spurs team. He was the 4th option, and they somehow rigged it to give him finals mvp.

Durant has never played on a team where he was the number 2 option. Just think about that. Kawhi has been a number 4 option for like half his career.

His career isn't that good bro. He's a great player and might win another ring this year if he comes back, but you're not gonna miss half the games in your career and I'm gonna call you an all time great.

lakerboy

Hitting the sack boys. I won big today. Laughing at guys who thought kd would win this series. He blew his load like a rookie in game 5. He lost the series.

Unrivaled

This is what will be remembered in overtime:

Kevin Durant 0-5 including an air ball to win it.

That's all that I remember end of story, who cares what he put up in the first quarter.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Unrivaled 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vitterd

Pj tucker just advanced over kd. I'm not missing anything buddy. Sure you can watch YouTube. He was a small favor to win this series. You think Jordan was a favorite vs the bird Celtics? Why even compare?
    It’s not a comparison but you need to see how silly you look by saying his game 5 performance means nothing because they didn’t win the series.

And yes, since pj Tucker advanced and KD didn’t….I’m sure PJ is getting his hall off fame speech ready tonight and they might get traded for each other straight up. So silly.

vitterd

Hitting the sack boys. I won big today. Laughing at guys who thought kd would win this series. He blew his load like a rookie in game 5. He lost the series.
    As you watched KD foot barely touch the line in regulation for the game winner. You really sound foolish in here but good thing you have company. Sbr will always have people willing to join you.

Guy has 48 tonight and he blew his load in game 5. Lol. I swear man, sbr finds people that nobody else can find.

Unrivaled

As you watched KD foot barely touch the line in regulation for the game winner. You really sound foolish in here but good thing you have company. Sbr will always have people willing to join you.

Guy has 48 tonight and he blew his load in game 5. Lol. I swear man, sbr finds people that nobody else can find.
    0-5 and an air ball. If Lebron did that everyone would be destroying him.

Durant's legacy is destroyed.

Goat Milk

Everyone pumping their chest who had bucks lol. The same ones who took bucks before the series started when irving and harden were in. Funny thing is, those ppl still beleive they'd win their series bet if those two played

Vitterd you can't argue with ppl like that, just gotta move on.

Unrivaled

Everyone pumping their chest who had bucks lol. The same ones who took bucks before the series started when irving and harden were in. Funny thing is, those ppl still beleive they'd win their series bet if those two played

They didn't play though. We knew they couldn't stay healthy.

They were not healthy all season.

Goat Milk

0-5 and an air ball. If Lebron did that everyone would be destroying him.

Durant's legacy is destroyed.
    Ppl said Jordan's legacy was destroyed when he missed all those big shots in the early days. You probably don't remember.

Lebron's legacy was destroyed too after he teamed up with Wade and Dirk beat him.

It's not about one game or one series it's about the collection of your career.

When all is said and done, a guy who averaged 20 ppg is never going to be remember as someone who averaged 28 for his career. No one will agree with you, no matter how far you travel on this earth. Sorry.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2258

vitter all sports are a game of inches. Its the difference from greatness. What if ray allen doesnt hit the 3 against the spurs. Then Lebron doesnt win a championship. I can mention a million other moments. KD dribbled within the line, his fault for taking it there.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Middelton with some serious value on the floor this series.

Can't be denied.

Durant with the ultimate value on the floor this series.

Whether he moves on or not. That's just silly to blame any win loss ever on a player. We all know there are larger factors at play.

Durant proved his point, got the job done for the doubters, again. He's a professional, he knows where his toes are, guys.

He's Kevin Durant.

vitterd

Lol. It’s a weird crew in here. Guy plays 53 mins. A true warrior. Hits an incredible shot to send to OT, scores 48 and guys in here saying his legacy is done because his last shot was missed.

That series would have been 4-1 nets if Kyrie doesn’t get hurt. Not even competitive and guys acting like they handicapped a KD collapse. Too funny…..some classics at this place.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    vitter all sports are a game of inches. Its the difference from greatness. What if ray allen doesnt hit the 3 against the spurs. Then Lebron doesnt win a championship. I can mention a million other moments. KD dribbled within the line, his fault for taking it there.
    Lol. Just trying to create space for a shot. For anyone to put this loss on KD is insane….like OJ is innocent insane.

Goat Milk

They didn't play though. We knew they couldn't stay healthy.

They were not healthy all season.
    Sure, but ppl taking the bucks before the series never said "I'm taking the bucks because I think the big 3 will get injured." They said "I'm taking the bucks because they're the better team." Well that was the wrong read in that case. Anyway I'm done with this conversation lol. Looking at tomorrow's lines now.

First 12345 Last