jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How Do You Over Come 20-40 Cents More Juice Live Betting??

Well we cannot win -110 so how do you win with tremendous juice live betting??

Books love it and push it everywhere featured every book in world

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

How do you shave you face every single morning like you are going to die if you don’t?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

live betting juice is bullshet just like those horse shet stub hub service fees that adjust with the price of ticket

jjgold

How lucrative to a book

-120 both sides

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Be extremely accurate

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

You don't.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

The lines are bullshit but you can only take+ money live betting. If you are laying any juice at all live you are doing it wrong. The idea is to find a line based on the pregame at+ money and play it.

Live betting

Soccer totals yes
    NBA totals yes
    Nfl no chance I bet anything live
    NHL puckline with+
    Baseball I don't bother until playoffs

You can tell what books are doing if you are really into it too the point of just staring at it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

It is not unusual for me to look at 3 books and see baseball totals (or al totals) like this:

Book 1: O8.5-122/U8.5-103
    Book 2: O8.5-115/U8.5-112
    Book 3: O8.5+106/U8.5-132

Now tell me why you can't win.

Juice (sorta) doesn't matter when you're only betting one side at the book. Even with the juice, it is possible to find value. Books post live lines for everything all the time. You only have to pick off the value whenever you see it. They have to be right 100% of the time; you can find the 5% of the time that they misprice the market.

But yeah, if you are dart throwing live betting without a clue then yeah, you're gonna get slaughtered.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The lines are bullshit but you can only take+ money live betting. If you are laying any juice at all live you are doing it wrong. The idea is to find a line based on the pregame at+ money and play it.

Live betting

Soccer totals yes
    NBA totals yes
    Nfl no chance I bet anything live
    NHL puckline with+
    Baseball I don't bother until playoffs

You can tell what books are doing if you are really into it too the point of just staring at it.
    So much wrong there.

You can definitely take - money. Sometimes those are the best values.

Baseball might actually be the best.

Keep in mind, by and large you are trying to beat the algorithms so you need to find edges that the algo can't or doesn't account for. And of course you must have many outs and be quick.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

someone told me you dont lay juice if you win

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    someone told me you dont lay juice if you win
    They lied to you. If that was true then just bet the biggest - favorite on the board. Take -50000 all the time. You will win constantly. Of course you won't win much and your 1 loss in 40will wipe it all out.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    So much wrong there.

Keep in mind, by and large you are trying to beat the algorithms so you need to find edges that the algo can't or doesn't account for. And of course you must have many outs and be quick.
    I don't bother with live much anymore. I certainly don't have the time to do it like in the past or the interest. I get what you are saying taking- money but that's not for me. Soccer without question the best option live. So many options with the handicap and three way lines and+money totals.

Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13324

"be quick". I have a hard enough time getting one book to accept my wager on time.

So much wrong there.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    "be quick". I have a hard enough time getting one book to accept my wager on time.
    I hear ya on that. And then when you start winning they put your account on extra delay setting.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I don't bother with live much anymore. I certainly don't have the time to do it like in the past or the interest. I get what you are saying taking- money but that's not for me. Soccer without question the best option live. So many options with the handicap and three way lines and+money totals.
    Interesting. I have never bet soccer, so I'll have to take your word on it.

Live betting can be a lucrative but it's a constant cat and mouse game.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Isn't live betting basically betting regression to the mean?

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Live Betting, is highly selective for me. But I do like the early sell your bet for a profit in baseball on more occasions than live betting. Sold 2 bets early this week for a profit and both teams eventually lost. I never use the sell for a loss option. Just the way I play.

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

I rarely bet live, but here is a breakdown of my numbers Pre-Game vs. In-Play:

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    You don't.
    This was my original answer but I guess my new answer is, you need to start going 71.8%

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

JJ, this is the sharpest post you've made in 2021.

No way...I mean no-way...is someone good enuf to sit on their ass and bet into -115/-115 to turn a profit.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by dmm View Post
    I rarely bet live, but here is a breakdown of my numbers Pre-Game vs. In-Play:

Nice #s. My one question:

*Do u bet into -110/-110? Or -115/-115?

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

The key is to have strong records across the board, dumb shit

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Nice #s. My one question:

*Do u bet into -110/-110? Or -115/-115?
    Without running more detailed numbers, I suspect it's usually -115 or higher. The breakdown is a bit misleading because a large chunk of that $5k of volume is from books offering live betting bonuses. Bet365, for example, throws me $100 a week of NFL live bets. I often don't have an opinion or edge on any of those games, so I hedge and take the guaranteed profit.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

I hear ya on that. And then when you start winning they put your account on extra delay setting.
    Exactly. That's why live betting is a waste of time; when you win, they'll mes with you or boot you.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Isn't live betting basically betting regression to the mean?
    No, not even close. It just may appear that way because in every sport they play to the numbers.

You can view live betting a couple of different ways but one that is helpful is to recognize that the situation once a game starts has changed and live lines follow that.

They don't imply regression and betting against a rising line is not betting on a regression to any mean.

Then again, you can see games come close to final numbers wqhen they weren't mid game, but that's not regressing to a mean. It's intentional for the live markets.

It can be confusing if you don't understand the mechanics.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Exactly. That's why live betting is a waste of time; when you win, they'll mes with you or boot you.
    Well that's true for other types of betting too. Actually, I think you can mask it longer with live-betting because it's much harder for them to tell you're getting good numbers when it's moving so quickly. My track record in the last year proves it is not a waste of time.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Well that's true for other types of betting too. Actually, I think you can mask it longer with live-betting because it's much harder for them to tell you're getting good numbers when it's moving so quickly...
    Pretty much spot on. They are already imposing limits and high vig to protect themselves, they know bettors can sting them. But they might take a little longer to catch you if you aren't slamming limits.

I suggest spreading the action over multiple books, many of which will use basically the same feed or service.

It works if you work it, even at the high vig. From what I can tell, so far, it's a better deal than the prop builders we've been testing.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Spot betting Gold, grabbing the deals.

The key is to have a roadmap before you go in, know exactly what you're looking for and exactly how you expect the market to react, or rather OVER-react and then you strike.

Like any day of betting, if you have a roadmap to know the enemy and you know your intentions, knowing yourself, then when the bullets fly and the fog of war is everywhere, you won't be lost and at wonder as to what to do; you won't freeze at the terminal.

You can try volume but that will likely entail betting both sides a lot and searching for those middles. Another factor is that live betting can prey on emotions, just like any market, and while that's where you get overreactions, it's also where bettors slip in in money management.

If you want to beat high vig, you simply can't change your bet size constantly, it's a killer.

Money managment, discipline, and patience can get a bettor there if he wants to be there, but that's nothing new.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Spot betting Gold, grabbing the deals.

The key is to have a roadmap before you go in, know exactly what you're looking for and exactly how you expect the market to react, or rather OVER-react and then you strike.

Like any day of betting, if you have a roadmap to know the enemy and you know your intentions, knowing yourself, then when the bullets fly and the fog of war is everywhere, you won't be lost and at wonder as to what to do; you won't freeze at the terminal.

You can try volume but that will likely entail betting both sides a lot and searching for those middles. Another factor is that live betting can prey on emotions, just like any market, and while that's where you get overreactions, it's also where bettors slip in in money management.

If you want to beat high vig, you simply can't change your bet size constantly, it's a killer.

Money managment, discipline, and patience can get a bettor there if he wants to be there, but that's nothing new.

Meh on that. I bet when I have an edge so don't worry about bet size, which is typically going to be limit or very close anyway.

But yeah, spot betting. It's kind of like how terrorists are successful. You have to be right all of the time to defend against it, terrorist just have to find one spot soft out of an infinity. So sharp live bettors are kinda like terrorists.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Meh on that. I bet when I have an edge so don't worry about bet size, which is typically going to be limit or very close anyway.

But yeah, spot betting. It's kind of like how terrorists are successful. You have to be right all of the time to defend against it, terrorist just have to find one spot soft out of an infinity. So sharp live bettors are kinda like terrorists.
    I am most definitely referring to the volume part of my post when I talk about changing bet size.

jjgold

I went all in on Nadal today -340 line and got smacked

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

JJ, you don't. Nobody wins ,you know this. The books win.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    JJ, you don't. Nobody wins ,you know this. The books win.
    Why do we keep at it then?

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

Arbitrage

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Why do we keep at it then?
    Because we win sometimes and that thrill is great.
    Points Awarded:

JayLA gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last