WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

Ben Simmons the most overrated NBA player in the last decade?

Making $31 Million dollars this year, scores 14 PPG 8 boards and 7 assists! Shiver me timber TONS of guys can do this in the league not just a few tons, oh btw his career Free throw percentage is sub 60% so you can't even count on him down the stretch, oh wait his career % from 3 is 15% lmao, yes 15% not a typo, He is scared to even shoot the ball, he is a #3-4 man at best, This is why 76ers aren't getting far ever with him unless they can pick up a star that can score or trade Ben and get something better.

Listened to Doc Rivers say tonight it isn't fair to put pressure on Ben when Joel is out, LMAO stop it Doc you clown the guy signed a $220 MILLION dollar contract, So sick of the hearing excuses for the kid he's been a bust period, I could only imagine how quick he signed that contract once they told him how much they wanted to give him.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

so true-just like a few more in the league

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

He got far too much hype coming out of college. He couldn't lead his LSU squad to the tourney and he has never gotten better since coming into the league so your assessment of him is not far off and totally fair to say.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Nope it is Giannis. He can't shoot and somehow people compare him to Lebron, Durant, Curry and all these guys who can shoot the basketball.

Sorry not impressed with someone just being tall and dunking all his points.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

How much does Rudy Gobert make?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Neither of those guys rated that high. Seems like Morant the most overrated they talk like he carries Memphis he is one of the worst starting PGs in the NBA. Now I am not saying he does not have potential with how hard he is to stay in front has a high upside.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Yeah his shooting is terrible. Worth the money? Not sure, but he's a great player.

His defense is fantastic (big plus in today's NBA), his vision is fantastic, length to bother anyone on the court and can drive to an elite level which is again modern NBA. Gets a bad wrap I feel from offense only NBA fans, boys you gotta play d! There's a tonne of guys overpaid in the league is Simmons one? Maybe, but not by much imo.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Nope it is Giannis. He can't shoot and somehow people compare him to Lebron, Durant, Curry and all these guys who can shoot the basketball.

Sorry not impressed with someone just being tall and dunking all his points.
    lol Giannis is a beast. Shaq couldn't shoot either he was an okay player.

Pretty much unguadable on transition and into the lane, only learning his trade as a shooter (which is improving rapidly), plays great d. He's gonna have a field day against the Nets.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

agree with mob both takes. giannis does more than dunk but if that’s all he did and scored 30 a night shouldn’t u be amazed why every 6”11 guy isn’t doing the same the reason no one else is because they can’t. Simmons led league in steals last year, good defense, his agility and quickness at 6”11 is off the charts did I mention he’s a pg.
    Last edited by jtoler; 06-01-21 at 02:45 AM.

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Neither of those guys rated that high. Seems like Morant the most overrated they talk like he carries Memphis he is one of the worst starting PGs in the NBA. Now I am not saying he does not have potential with how hard he is to stay in front has a high upside.
    I actually really like Morant tbh, I think he passes to much in critical times, if he can get a better outside shot he would be unstoppable, was wide open from the key late in the game and passed up a wide open 3 when they kicked it out to him, have be able to knock those down, but I think his future is bright.

Goat Milk

Morant is one of the worst starting PGs in the NBA?

Good joke

Guess you lost money on memphis, huh?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by WireWire View Post
    I actually really like Morant tbh, I think he passes to much in critical times, if he can get a better outside shot he would be unstoppable, was wide open from the key late in the game and passed up a wide open 3 when they kicked it out to him, have be able to knock those down, but I think his future is bright.
    Morant is like John Wall with a higher IQ. Sky is the limit for him. Gonna go down as one of the best pgs of this next generation, guarantee it.

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Yeah his shooting is terrible. Worth the money? Not sure, but he's a great player.

His defense is fantastic (big plus in today's NBA), his vision is fantastic, length to bother anyone on the court and can drive to an elite level which is again modern NBA. Gets a bad wrap I feel from offense only NBA fans, boys you gotta play d! There's a tonne of guys overpaid in the league is Simmons one? Maybe, but not by much imo.
    People don't play defense in 2021 lol. What is he good for? He is long for the position yippy, literally can't do nothing else that you need to do in this day and age like shoot. he is a good number 3 or 4 guy on a good but 76ers aren't going anywhere they are an auto fade for me next round, Joel can only do so much. But that's just my opinion I respect your opinion though.
    Points Awarded:

Mase of Base gave WireWire 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

RUDY GOBERT?

5 years, 204 million.

LMFAO!

Think about this for a second. A guy who can't get his own shot 1 on 1, just got paid 40 million per year.

Gobert had 1 point at halftime today.

Lmfao.

If Mitchell and Conley weren't on this team they would be in the lottery.

Goat Milk

People don't play defense in 2021 lol. What is he good for? He is long for the position yippy, literally can't do nothing else that you need to do in this day and age like shoot. he is a good number 3 or 4 guy on a good but 76ers are3nt going anywhere they are a fade next round for me I don't care who they play, Joel can only do so much. But that's just my opinion i respect what you gotta say.
    Tobias is better than Simmons. Simmons isn't their number 2. He's their 3rd best player.

Mase of Base

Yeah Ja and the Grizz have something going on there! Honestly expected a bit more out of them this season (as in not play in), but he keeps progressing and superstar looks inevitable.

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Morant is like John Wall with a higher IQ. Sky is the limit for him. Gonna go down as one of the best pgs of this next generation, guarantee it.
    Ya i really like Morant, I think he looks to get his teammates involved a little to much in key times, he can get to the rack whenever he wants. If he can develop and outside shot Jesus, which i think he can he seems like they type of guy that wants to get better and he knows his outside shooting is lacking.

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo

Yeah Ja and the Grizz have something going on there! Honestly expected a bit more out of them this season (as in not play in), but he keeps progressing and superstar looks inevitable.
    I might be the only one who thinks this but i think the Grizzles team top to bottom is dogshit.

Mase of Base

People don't play defense in 2021 lol. What is he good for? He is long for the position yippy, literally can't do nothing else that you need to do in this day and age like shoot. he is a good number 3 or 4 guy on a good but 76ers aren't going anywhere they are an auto fade for me next round, Joel can only do so much. But that's just my opinion I respect your opinion though.
    I think defense in a lot of leagues now is being valued highly. Defense in the NBA has been downright atrocious in the last few years imo so to have a guy that can effect another teams score -10 or so is huge. Joel need Simmons to get half his shots off as he averages nearly a double double on both rebounds and assists. He plays for Australia and I'm from New Zealand so I'm biased as I love seeing guys from down under doing well!

Mase of Base

I might be the only one who thinks this but i think the Grizzles team top to bottom is dogshit.
    Ha yeah have to agree actually, really dissapointed me this season. Morant hit the cluch shots to put the warriors out which I though might of done a little damage.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

Yep. Shaq is the best comparison. Unlike Shaq though he is actually a threat from the perimeter

Pretty much unguadable on transition and into the lane, only learning his trade as a shooter (which is improving rapidly), plays great d. He's gonna have a field day against the Nets.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

greg oden

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Anthony Bennett. His overhype led him to be picked number 1.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22798

YEP

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Gobert 2 time, likely 3 time defensive player of the year

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Gobert is over paid he a terrible shot maker

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Yes!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gobert a beast

Learn the game

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 805

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    How much does Rudy Gobert make?
    I don’t think Gobert knows how to play basketball.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Lol, he shot 1/16 from three against the heat. If that’s improving rapidly, he will be Ray Allen when he makes two straight.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Sorry...you’re thinking of Austin Matthews

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

C'mon man.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    C'mon man.
    PG position is strong but he is 22/30. There are a few teams with multiple Pgs better than him like Raptors, Nets and Kings. Injuries so high it is hard to do lists but he is not better than guys like Wall, SGA, and Murray even if they missed a lot of time. Still might be like 60th best player in league overall but PG position is stacked.

Goat Milk

PG position is strong but he is 22/30. There are a few teams with multiple Pgs better than him like Raptors, Nets and Kings. Injuries so high it is hard to do lists but he is not better than guys like Wall, SGA, and Murray even if they missed a lot of time. Still might be like 60th best player in league overall but PG position is stacked.
    You're cluless. SGA and Murray and Lowry better than Morant? Lmao. Yeah that's why those teams are at home. Murray isn't even the best player on his own team...

SGA led his team to the worst record in the league. Fox? Fox was in the lottery. Morant is better than Fox.

There's no way Morant isn't a top 10 PG.

Learn the game.

Your posts on Morant are not gonna age well by the way, so be careful what you say.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

There are not 21 point guards that a GM would take over Ja Morant. That's just silly talk. There might be 10, maybe. But even at that, if we're talking building a team out for the next 5 years, I would rank him even higher because he's so young and he's going to keep getting better.

123 Last