Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

Rondo was noticeably not on the floor late tonight as well...

Why ship Lou Williams if you're not gonna play Rondo in crunch time? At least you know Lou's a bucket.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Lue is not an nba coach. He got a ring because of Leroy.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Number of rings Kobe and Jordan won without Jackson?
    Plug me in on the sidelines to hold the clipboard and I'll win rings with Kobe Shaq and Jordan Pippen. People ragging on Lou, but Lou won a championship. Spoelstra won 2 rings with Lebron and Wade. I wonder when he'll win another ring? Pop hasn't won shit since Duncan retired, and probably never will. Bellichick will NEVER win a ring without Brady.

Coaches are failed former players who spend hours watching tape. You can scream all you want from the sidelines, you're not on the floor. Simple as that.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    What 3 finals did rivers go to?

You contradict yourself. You say Beverly has been hurt all year, so why is he playing, then you're calling for Ibaka to play, who has also been hurt all year. Which is it?
    I said Beverly has been hurt and bad. Ibaka was hurt be he looks good now. Ibaka was good in game 1 and he got almost no minutes in the second half of game 1 even though Morris was horrible.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I said Beverly has been hurt and bad. Ibaka was hurt be he looks good now. Ibaka was good in game 1 and he got almost no minutes in the second half of game 1 even though Morris was horrible.
    And the answer to my first question?

thomorino

Plug me in on the sidelines to hold the clipboard and I'll win rings with Kobe Shaq and Jordan Pippen. People ragging on Lou, but Lou won a championship. Spoelstra won 2 rings with Lebron and Wade. I wonder when he'll win another ring? Pop hasn't won shit since Duncan retired, and probably never will. Bellichick will NEVER win a ring without Brady.

Coaches are failed former players who spend hours watching tape. You can scream all you want from the sidelines, you're not on the floor. Simple as that.
    Look at Alabama before they had Saban. Look at them now.

Look at Utah before they had Snyder, look at them now.

Coaches can often make a huge difference.

Eddy Munny

Honestly, the only good thing Lue did tonight was give Mann more minutes (as in more than none) but leaving Ibaka to collect dust on the bench more than offset that.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Bro you are way too much into the players angle .
    Michael Jordan didn't win a ring before Phil . The Lakers brought in Phil because Shaq and Kobe needed guidance and better coaching. They were such great players who were losing really easily to the jazz. You forgot that series of course. He took teams over the hump.

Why did Duncan stay in San Antonio? Why not take his talent elsewhere?

Spoelstra is a great coach. He took Jimmy Butler to the finals.

Bill belichek drafted Brady. He made the decision to start him in the Superbowl, You probably forgot that moment.

Goat Milk

Look at Alabama before they had Saban. Look at them now.

Look at Utah before they had Snyder, look at them now.

Coaches can often make a huge difference.
    What has Utah done? Wasn't Derron Williams in the WCF vs. Bryant?

Didn't Jerry Sloan go to 2 finals?

Who is Snyder and what has he done? Won some regular season games?

Saban illegally recruits players to come to Alabama. That's how he wins. How hard is it to win the national championship when you recruit kids when they're 14 years old to come to your school, and then you put the best athletes on the field. Would Saban win a national championship if he was at some unknown school?

The answer is no.

Urban Myer is one of the greatest college coaches of all time.

Let's see what he does in the NFL when he has no roster.

Goat Milk

Michael Jordan didn't win a ring before Phil . The Lakers brought in Phil because Shaq and Kobe needed guidance and better coaching. They were such great players who were losing really easily to the jazz. You forgot that series of course. He took teams over the hump.

Bill belichek drafted Brady. He made the decision to start him in the Superbowl, You probably forgot that moment.
    Not dismissing coaches altogether, but me and you have been back and forth on this for years. You can be the best coached person, you gotta make those shots, make those throws, those tackles, in the clutchest moments. The coach isn't gonna shoot the ball for you. Ray Allen and Wade saved Lebron's legacy. Not Spoelstra.

Wade and Lebron wanted Spoelstra gone in fact, that's how much they disliked him.

Duncan stayed in SA because he loves pop and is the most loyal guy ever. Pop is a great coach.

Phil Jackson is a great coach. But that's what he is. A coach. He's no where near as valuable. Bryant was 18 years old when he shot those airballs vs. Utah bro. Phil didn't turn Bryant's game around. Bryant turned hiis own game around. He was a work ethic animal, since the age of 12/13. This guy used to watch tape of Michael Jordan when he was in high school instead of going out and having fun. Phil Jackson didn't build that. He was in the right place, at the right time, and he dropped some amazing knowledge.

If Phil was great, why didn't he win post 2010? It's because Gasol was a shell of himself. Artest and Odom were shells. Bryant was the only one holding the team together. Then when he saw that Bryant would soon lose his superpowers, Phil Jackson conveniently stepped away from coaching.

How convenient for him.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Duncan was actually going to Orlando super team with McGrady, Grant Hill , and Pat Garrity but then Hill got hurt so be backed out.

rm18
    Update your status

It would of payed like 1000/1 if you rode ML on them to lose all 5 games, extra sick when they had huge leads every game vs Denver.

thomorino

Saban illegally recruits players to come to Alabama. That's how he wins. How hard is it to win the national championship when you recruit kids when they're 14 years old to come to your school, and then you put the best athletes on the field. Would Saban win a national championship if he was at some unknown school?

The answer is no.

Saban recruits the same way everyone else does, everyone cheats, I guarantee you Alabama isn’t the only college who doesn’t always follow the rules.

Alabama was nothing close to what they are now before they got Saban, not close.

thomorino

The answer is no.

Urban Meyer is overrated. He had to make up a story and quit at Florida because he couldn’t win without Tebow. He won one title at Ohio state despite having as much talent as any school in the country.

Your comments about Saban are dumb, every top college recruits the same way, Alabama is no different than lsu, Clemson, or any other school.

thomorino

The answer is no.

Utah was garbage for year before Snyder took over, Sloan went to the finals nearly 25 years ago.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Utah was garbage for year before Snyder took over, Sloan went to the finals nearly 25 years ago.
    Not only that look at the coach Sloan lost to. Besides I’m telling you as someone who watched those Jazz teams up close and personal. They were ass outside of John and Karl. It was those two and nothing but scrubs. Those Bulls teams had role players. Jazz were just rusty as hell that first half last game. Memphis did very little to stop them, they missed so many wide open 3’s. I made the mistale
    of not even taking into account they didn’t play in a game for an entire week where as Memphis had two tune up games. Jazz could not of played worse or shot the ball worse and still had a chance to go to OT. Only problem I see is now Mitchell will be back but he’s gotta be rusty af. I’m gonna be at the game and going to pay very close attention during shoot around.

thomorino

And the answer to my first question?
    Rivers has been to 3 finals I believe.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Not only that look at the coach Sloan lost to. Besides I’m telling you as someone who watched those Jazz teams up close and personal. They were ass outside of John and Karl. It was those two and nothing but scrubs. Those Bulls teams had role players. Jazz were just rusty as hell that first half last game. Memphis did very little to stop them, they missed so many wide open 3’s. I made the mistale
    of not even taking into account they didn’t play in a game for an entire week where as Memphis had two tune up games. Jazz could not of played worse or shot the ball worse and still had a chance to go to OT. Only problem I see is now Mitchell will be back but he’s gotta be rusty af. I’m gonna be at the game and going to pay very close attention during shoot around.
    Yeah I agree, Jazz were rusty and Memphis has been playing games with playoff intensity for weeks. Utah a whole offense is the system Snyder out in which is about ball movement and rhythm, they need to get back into rhythm.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Mitchell only missed a couple weeks, I think he will be okay, Utah will have to adjust to him being back but I think they will be okay. Mitchell wasn’t out that long.

Goat Milk

Rivers has been to 3 finals I believe.
    Which 3 finals did he coach? I only remember he went to 2 with boston.

Buena Onda
    Buena Onda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

No it's not. Sports are for the players. Who the hell is Nick Nurse? Kawhi left and the guy can't even make the playoffs. They lost some other guys, but young players also got better, who were supposed to be stars.

Doc Rivers went to 2 finals. Why? Because he had 3 of the best players at their positions of all time.

Ty Lou won a ring because he had Lebron Love and Kyrie.

Phil Jackson won 11 rings because he had the 2 best players in nba history.

You can call all the x's and o's you want. If Paul George doesn't show up and start dropping 30 and playing lock down D, then it's on him. If beverly doesn't play lock down d, then it's on him. If Kawhi doesn't take the challenge and say I'm gonna lock up luka, then it's on him.

If you're not playing hard at this time of year, it's on the players. You have to look in the mirror.
    FUKKING A RIGHT ! Could not have said this better------It sounds so corny, but Clippers got no heart at all. They just think they're gonna show up and Mavs are gonna lay down for them but not happening and now they've gotta scrap to win these games but they don't know how to do it
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave Buena Onda 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Unless Utah wins a championship, they've done nothing. Utah was in the playoffs every single year with Derron Williams. Coach Bud has taken atl and mlwakee to the top of the standings basically every year of his coaching career, and the guy has never made the nba finals. Close isn't good enough, you have to win. He didn't win because his starting lineup of Horford Milsap Teague Korver and Joe Johnson got CRUSHED by Lebron every year. Lebron didn't need a coach.

He fukking went to the finals with David Blatt bro.

Coaches don't mean as much as you think. Who the f is David Blatt? He would have won that championship too, but irving and love got injured.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Buena Onda View Post
    FUKKING A RIGHT ! Could not have said this better------It sounds so corny, but Clippers got no heart at all. They just think they're gonna show up and Mavs are gonna lay down for them but not happening and now they've gotta scrap to win these games but they don't know how to do it
    Part of the problem is the amount of games Leonard is missing too. Toronto and San Antonio were already good teams before Leonard got there, no on win the clippers organization holds Leonard accountable and makes him play enough for the clippers to build the culture they need, the Clippers were basically zero before George and a Leonard got there.

rm18
    Update your status

Well Rivers played in Finals with Knicks but not as relevant.

thomorino

Unless Utah wins a championship, they've done nothing. Utah was in the playoffs every single year with Derron Williams. Coach Bud has taken atl and mlwakee to the top of the standings basically every year of his coaching career, and the guy has never made the nba finals. Close isn't good enough, you have to win. He didn't win because his starting lineup of Horford Milsap Teague Korver and Joe Johnson got CRUSHED by Lebron every year. Lebron didn't need a coach.

Coaches don't mean as much as you think. Who the f is David Blatt? He would have won that championship too, but irving and love got injured.
    The mistake you are making is assuming that because coaches don’t always matter that means they never matter. Del Harris never would have won shit with Kobe and shaq, Mike Brown couldn’t win shit with Lebron, the list goes on. The Knicks would be shit without a thibideau making them as good defensively as they are. Phil Jackson is no geniis, but sell harris was trash, and thibideau has his issues, but he can coach defense.

thomorino

Look at what Mike dantoni did for Steve Nash. Nash was nothing close to an mvp before he went to Phoenix, he won 2 mvps with Phoenix.

Jeremy Lineas irrelevant befor he played for da Toni. Coaches matter.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

David Blatt was actually a very successful coach in the euro leagues. He’s a better coach than cLUEless. I can see the clips moving on from Rivers, but not for that guy. And to your point about LeBron crushing teams regardless of who the coach was Luka is the best player in the floor in the current series and the Clips can’t stop him to save their life. He’s unstoppable even when they put Leonard on him dude leaned in and stroked a turnaround fadeaway off one leg ala Nowitzki. Playoff Urine, I mean playoff P continues to look overrated af. Clips have to go on the road now and win two just to even the series. It’s over Man.

rm18
    Update your status

Look at what Mike dantoni did for Steve Nash. Nash was nothing close to an mvp before he went to Phoenix, he won 2 mvps with Phoenix.

Jeremy Lineas irrelevant befor he played for da Toni. Coaches matter.
    Dallas was the #1 ranked offense in the NBA with Steve Nash/Don Nelson its just that they were stacked with talent so he did not have the ball as much.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Dallas was the #1 ranked offense in the NBA with Steve Nash/Don Nelson its just that they were stacked with talent so he did not have the ball as much.
    Nash was not the same player in Dallas that he was with Phoenix, otherwise Dallas never would have let him go. Dallas had dirk and Finley was very good in addition to Nash.

Buena Onda
    Buena Onda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

Part of the problem is the amount of games Leonard is missing too. Toronto and San Antonio were already good teams before Leonard got there, no on win the clippers organization holds Leonard accountable and makes him play enough for the clippers to build the culture they need, the Clippers were basically zero before George and a Leonard got there.
    Yeah, what a train wreck. I don't even like/dislike them, but it's frustrating watching them play. Coaching is important, but there comes a point in the game when you're down 5 with five minutes left and you just say fukk it and take over, coaching be damned. Leonard has been disappointing because we've seen him do it before and we know he is capable of it. PG looks like he doesn't really care one way or the other whether they win or lose. Giving up 70 points in the first half!!!!! Naw, that's a pride problem, not a rotation problem

Goat Milk

The mistake you are making is assuming that because coaches don’t always matter that means they never matter. Del Harris never would have won shit with Kobe and shaq, Mike Brown couldn’t win shit with Lebron, the list goes on. The Knicks would be shit without a thibideau making them as good defensively as they are. Phil Jackson is no geniis, but sell harris was trash, and thibideau has his issues, but he can coach defense.
    Bro most NBA coaches are clueless. Derrick Rose makes like 2 million dollars per year, and no coach wanted him. The guy has destroyed everyone in his path this year. I don't care if he plays no games and then shows up in the postseason, it's worth his salary. Meanwhile the clippers paid millions to lou williams over the years, then paid kennard 60 million for 4 years to sit on the bench. But you can't spend 2 million on Rose?

Lmfao.

You can't spend 2 million on Camelo Anthony, but if you're the Bucks, you go out and grab Illysova? Lmao.

Coaches don't know what they're doing bro. Half of them control the roster with a 50-50 say with the GM.

They are clueless, all of them.

Kobe Bryant told the Lakers to get Derrick Rose last year. They didn't. Imagine if they had Rose this year, instead of a loser like Wesley Matthews.

Players are the ones who know the game. Not coaches. Coaches are failed athletes. I'm not gonna keep arguing this.

Let me know when Bill Bellichick wins a ring without the greatest player in nfl history.

Eddy Munny

Coaches put players in position to win by maximizing their skill sets... Or they don't!

Lue needs to trot out a lineup of Ibaka, Morris, Batum, PG, and Kawhi... at least for stretches. It can't hurt. Doncic keeps getting switched onto guys like Beverley, who he abuses for easy buckets. You put the aforementioned lineup out there and the switches won't become these lopsided mismatches... All five of those guys can defend and all five can score. You could even insert Mann for Morris/Batum as he's an athletic 6'5" guy with more spring in his step. Beverley isn't much of a ball handler anyways so you're not losing much in that regard. Plus the Mavs don't have a smaller guy who will exploit all those bigs... their primary scorers are Doncic, KP, and Hardaway Jr.

Goat Milk

What did the great Nick Nurse do this year?

Nothing.

Because he didn't have Kawhi Leonard.

What did the great Steve Kerr do this year?

Didn't even make the playoffs.

2nd straight year in the lottery.

No Klay, no KD, and he sinks.

Rest my case.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Bro most NBA coaches are clueless. Derrick Rose makes like 2 million dollars per year, and no coach wanted him. The guy has destroyed everyone in his path this year. I don't care if he plays no games and then shows up in the postseason, it's worth his salary. Meanwhile the clippers paid millions to lou williams over the years, then paid kennard 60 million for 4 years to sit on the bench. But you can't spend 2 million on Rose?

Lmfao.

You can't spend 2 million on Camelo Anthony, but if you're the Bucks, you go out and grab Illysova? Lmao.

Coaches don't know what they're doing bro. Half of them control the roster with a 50-50 say with the GM.

They are clueless, all of them.

Kobe Bryant told the Lakers to get Derrick Rose last year. They didn't. Imagine if they had Rose this year, instead of a loser like Wesley Matthews.

Players are the ones who know the game. Not coaches. Coaches are failed athletes. I'm not gonna keep arguing this.

Let me know when Bill Bellichick wins a ring without the greatest player in nfl history.
    Good point on Rose. As much as I respect the job Thibs did with this team his stubbornness just might cost them this series. Why continue starting Payton if he's only gonna play the 1st 4 minutes of each half? It might not seem like a big deal but if you're gonna play Rose 37 minutes why have him come off the bench?

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Books are either overrating LAC or have no faith in DAL based on the price. If they went down 0-3 it probably wouldn't even touch +500.

First 1234 Last