str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68433

The "contamination from humans or outside sources " card just does not make sense.

Doesn't seem to be happening to many others.

Never happened to me and it had over 3000 chances. Hmmm.
    Last edited by str; 05-10-21 at 11:45 AM.
    Points Awarded:

thezbar gave str 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

See the reason Baffert said this happened. He can suck a dcik.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/10/bob-ba...-steroid-test/
    Last edited by pologq; 05-10-21 at 02:59 PM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    See the reason Baffert said this happened. He is suck a dcik.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/10/bob-ba...-steroid-test/
    ...On “The Dan Patrick Show,” Baffert claimed that a groom urinated in the horse’s stall after he had been taking cough medicine and Medina Spirit ate some of the hay...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Bob Baffert blames ‘cancel culture’ and urine for Medina Spirit’s positive steroid test

Baffert obviously isn't a scientist because even if the groom was on steroids, it would not be picked up by a horse eating hay with urine. Is he saying the horse was taking cough medicine or the groom? Even that would not show up in urine peed on hay. He should be permanently banned for making up that shit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

I'm calling it right now magically the 2nd test will come back clean watch.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave WireWire 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3393

Craig Roberston, attorney for trainer Bob Baffert, told the Daily Racing Form on Monday that he is prepared to file a temporary restraining order if Pimlico Race Course attempts to deny Medina Spirit entry into Saturday's Preakness Stakes.
    The Preakness Stakes draw was originally scheduled for Monday, but Pimlico management pushed entries back to Tuesday at 4 p.m. Eastern following Baffert's Sunday morning announcement that the Kentucky Derby winner had tested positive for 21 picograms of betamethasone.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Bob Baffert blames ‘cancel culture’ and urine for Medina Spirit’s positive steroid test

Baffert obviously isn't a scientist because even if the groom was on steroids, it would not be picked up by a horse eating hay with urine. Is he saying the horse was taking cough medicine or the groom? Even that would not show up in urine peed on hay. He should be permanently banned for making up that shit.
    agreed.

he is arrogant. he has had numerous cheating scandals in a short period of time and the lies he says to cover them up make them worse (and comical).

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

This has got to be one of the craziest things in sports in a long time.

Let this be a lesson. If you’re taking a banned substance test fellas, don’t eat anything that was previously pissed on. You never know what the pisser took before he pissed on your food.

pologq

This has got to be one of the craziest things in sports in a long time.

Let this be a lesson. If you’re taking a banned substance test fellas, don’t eat anything that was previously pissed on. You never know what the pisser took before he pissed on your food.

does this count watersports with a working girl?

Easy-Rider 66

Trainer Bob Baffert issued a statement May 11 suggesting Medina Spirit's post-race positive test for betamethasone in the Kentucky Derby (G1) may have been the result of an ointment used to treat the horse for dermatitis.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Easy-Rider 66 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Horses are not bedded in hay. They are bedded in straw or wood shavings.
    The hay, while usually in a Hanging rack, especially a barn that has more than two nickels to rub together, does get put in one corner at dinner time and for the rest of the night.
    So some scumbag who recently had Steroids or liniment rubbed on his hands, walks into Bobs barn unnoticed after 4;30 pm and before 5am , past any open stall with no horse in it, past the pony stall and any horse that’s not racing ,doesn’t piss in the shed or god forbid in the bathroom , but finds the horse pointing for the derby, doesn’t piss under the water buckets or in the corner with no hay, but instead goes for the hay to piss.

Uh, ok.

I can’t imagine where he or she takes a dump.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave str 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Trainer Bob Baffert issued a statement May 11 suggesting Medina Spirit's post-race positive test for betamethasone in the Kentucky Derby (G1) may have been the result of an ointment used to treat the horse for dermatitis.
    Was just coming in here to report this.

Do we believe this one or is Baffy still reaching?

Easy-Rider 66

Was just coming in here to report this.

Do we believe this one or is Baffy still reaching?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24793

So, Bob's explanation doesn't hold water?

Guy ruined the top American horse race. What an azzhole.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Just wondering, could the ointment have really caused the failed test or is he still reaching for excuses?

Easy-Rider 66

Just wondering, could the ointment have really caused the failed test or is he still reaching for excuses.
    I do not know what to think. That is why I did the clueless icon not about your post. Guess more will come out soon. Preakness draw is 4PM today. see what happens.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    So, Bob's explanation doesn't hold water?

Guy ruined the top American horse race. What an azzhole.
    If the ointment excuse goes down the tubes as well, he might need an "alternative facts" spokesperson.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I do not know what to think. That is why I did the clueless icon not about your post. Guess more will come out soon. Preakness draw is 4PM today. see what happens.
    We're definitely on the same page here.

Easy-Rider 66

We're definitely on the same page here.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I heard Baffert is using social media to rally half the voters to storm the preakness draw to make sure they "do the right thing"

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Just wondering, could the ointment have really caused the failed test or is he still reaching for excuses?
    Absolutely yes. Many dermatitis ointments have corticosteroids in them. Many have this type of corticosteroid in them.

So it certainly can be true but ... why did it take this long to come up with that?

No groom would ever use an over the counter medication for dermatitis on a horse. Grooms make no decisions. Trainers and asst. trainers make decisions. Grooms follow orders. No vet would have prescribed that for a horse that was going to run.

I hate to be an ass but with all the BS that is going on and flying around it sounds as though Bob is seeing that he is losing badly with the cancel culture/pee in the stall/ why does this only happen to me/ etc. stuff and falling on his sword by calling it a simple mistake. And it might be just that.
    But excuse me for being skeptical after the crap show we have watched for the last couple of years with all this, but while it COULD be from an ointment, it could also be from things that are injected. Or trying to take an edge.

I do hate like hell to be that skeptical guy towards a trainer, I really do, but it should not have taken 10 days after the race to come up with this. The only way that groom gave that was if he was instructed to.

Damn this is frustrating to watch . Drag down the sport I spent decades in. A sport I respected to the best of my ability. A sport that was much bigger than me or anyone.

This one will stick. But don't tell me that if he says it was an ointment for dermatitis he or his asst. trainer didn't know about it or it was a groom thing. Bullsh*t .

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Absolutely yes. Many dermatitis ointments have corticosteroids in them. Many have this type of corticosteroid in them.

So it certainly can be true but ... why did it take this long to come up with that?

No groom would ever use an over the counter medication for dermatitis on a horse. Grooms make no decisions. Trainers and asst. trainers make decisions. Grooms follow orders. No vet would have prescribed that for a horse that was going to run.

I hate to be an ass but with all the BS that is going on and flying around it sounds as though Bob is seeing that he is losing badly with the cancel culture/pee in the stall/ why does this only happen to me/ etc. stuff and falling on his sword by calling it a simple mistake. And it might be just that.
    But excuse me for being skeptical after the crap show we have watched for the last couple of years with all this, but while it COULD be from an ointment, it could also be from things that are injected. Or trying to take an edge.

I do hate like hell to be that skeptical guy towards a trainer, I really do, but it should not have taken 10 days after the race to come up with this. The only way that groom gave that was if he was instructed to.

Damn this is frustrating to watch . Drag down the sport I spent decades in. A sport I respected to the best of my ability. A sport that was much bigger than me or anyone.

This one will stick. But don't tell me that if he says it was an ointment for dermatitis he or his asst. trainer didn't know about it or it was a groom thing. Bullsh*t .
    THX for the take STR. well written. The game for sure does not need this type of situation.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post

So it certainly can be true but ... why did it take this long to come up with that?..
    Yeah I know in many ointments the steroids in there can go systemic but, yeah, why wouldn't he lead with that?

It's like someone in his circle said "what the hell with the groom took a piss story, you're sounding like an idiot? Say this and play it cool..."

It's just too convenient, and too little too late.

I agree, quite a shitshow coming from his camp.

pologq

it is weird to say after saying the pee story. to me that kills your credibility even if it is true.

these trainers know every single substance going into their horses. we are supposed to believe the top trainer in the world does not know this anti-fungal cream has an illegal substance in it?

as much as i liked bonds, his defense of not knowing the cream had a designer steroid in it was a joke. like you will just rub some cream on and not know what is in it. this sounds similar.

my guess: baffert used it on the horse and thought it would have gotten out of the horse's body by testing time. for some reason, the substance did not totally disappear and he got caught.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Baffert does it again. Watch them win the Preakness

Easy-Rider 66

Medina Spirit and Concert Tour can race in the May 15 Preakness Stakes (G1) after trainer Bob Baffert consented to blood testing, monitoring, and medical review of his horses by the Maryland Jockey Club, the trainer's attorney said.

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11902

The more he talks, the more he keeps digging his own grave. The sport hasn't been that popular for awhile and this type of media coverage isn't helping. Don't give me this cancel culture s*** or woe is me. Baffert has been doing this forever. Time to go and the sport will go on without you. Plenty of known trainers and others who grind out day by day AND do it the CLEAN way can carry it onward.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This guy needs to be banned for life. He is famous for doping horses.

I believe in Karma. One of the bettors who lost money on this doped horse is going to take him out.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1628

Spendthrift { Beholder, Public Storage Inc} have announced today the are pulling five horses currently under Baffert's care.

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Looks like Medina Spirit outran Cancel Culture after all

It's not the horse's fault so only Baffert gets suspended and only at Churchill Downs.

This is going to be the best thing for horse racing since parimutuel wagering.

As per usual it's Trump who spiked the ratings.

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

Trump calling the horse a junkie, had me

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Bettors are now lining up, joining a class action lawsuit against Baffert

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Bettors are now lining up, joining a class action lawsuit against Baffert
    Baffert could settle out-of-court by paying them what the would have won.

https://www.paulickreport.com/wp-con...v.-baffert.pdf

Thunderground
    Thunderground's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Half the world now thinks that Baffert's horses are on steroids. If you have athlete's foot and you spray it with a regular spray does it make you run faster?

The horses are tested for performance enhancing drugs before the race in KY. Then they are tested for medicinal drugs after the race. The KY horsemen wanted it this way. It's different in every state. In Florida, for instance, both tests are before the race. In California, the same violation that Baffert was caught for would have cost him a fine.

It's a very important difference. If medicinal drugs made a horse run faster, they would have tested the horses for that before the race, wouldn't they?

The drug is legal, but it can't be in the system during the race. Why? Because we don't want horses to run while injured. That's the whole reason.

So then the question becomes if Baffert would race his horses injured, if given the chance. To this I would have to say 'absolutely not'. My impression is quite the opposite. This guy really does care about his horses, so when the horse has a rash he has that horse treated, and he does not care enough if that treatment could harm his reputation. These rules and regulations have tightened over the years, and Baffert is an older guy, close to 70 now, who follows his old routine, and doesn't really care about keeping up with the ever changing fine print in the rules and regulations. Is he wrong to do so? Sure. But I lean the same way. And many here do as well. Most people here don't care about the politically correct crowd that tells us what we can and cannot think or say.

Has Baffert ever been caught using performance enhancing drugs? Has a horse of his ever broken down while running with a medicinal overage?

Wayne Lukas backs Baffert in all this. The lynch crowd is out. Never a good sign.

First 123