Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Florida Passes Anto-Riot Bill ; More States To Follow 🧾

Florida Gov. DeSantis signs controversial ‘anti-riot’ bill into
    law

Evan Donovan
    4/20/21

POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A controversial Florida bill aimed at cracking down on violent protests and “combating public disorder” was signed into law on Monday.

Gov. Ron DeSantis signed HB 1 at a 10 a.m. press conference with Florida lawmakers and law enforcement officials at the Polk County Sheriff’s Office’s headquarters in Winter Haven. He did not take questions after the signing.

The law went into effect immediately.

The legislation, nicknamed the “anti-riot bill,” was first filed in the Florida House of Representatives in early January, and passed the Senate on Thursday evening.

Warren says Florida anti-riot bill ‘tears a couple corners off the Constitution’

The bill includes a number of the measures introduced by Gov. Ron DeSantis after last summer’s protests in his Combatting Violence, Disorder and Looting and Law Enforcement Protection Act.

The bill, which covers 61 pages, makes several changes to Florida criminal and administrative law, and will:

Make it more difficult for cities and counties to reduce funding for law enforcement, allowing local elected officials to challenge those budget decisions, and giving the state power to approve or amend the local budget
    Allow those local governments to be sued if they fail to stop a riot
    Define “riot” as a violent public disturbance involving 3 or more people acting with common intent resulting in injury to others, damage to property, or the imminent danger of injury or damage
    Enhance penalties for people who commit crimes during a riot
    Create a new second-degree felony called an “aggravated riot,” which occurs when the riot has more than 25 participants, causes great bodily harm or more than $5,000 in property damage, uses or threatens to use a deadly weapon, or blocks roadways by force or threat of force

Florida Sen. Danny Burgess (R-Zephyrhills), who sponsored the legislation, said he felt this framework was needed to draw a distinction between peaceful and violent behavior.

“Not only did we do that to put the public on notice as to what constitutes a riot, but also to make it clear to both protester and law enforcement where that line in the law is drawn,” said Burgess.

But a number of other officials and lawmakers have criticized the bill, saying it violates the First Amendment “right of the people peaceably to assemble.”

“This bill doesn’t give police or prosecutors any important new tools to handle unrest. It tears a couple corners off the Constitution,” Warren said in March. “It’s misguided. The public needs to understand this is a waste of valuable time and taxpayer money to keep pushing this bad bill forward.”

“This isn’t a game. This Governor and his Republican allies love to talk about the Constitution, while shredding it with extreme legislation like HB 1. Silencing the speech of those seeking equality is straight from the Communist regime playbook,”

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried said in a statement Monday. “The criminal aspects of this bill are already illegal. HB 1 protects no one, makes no one safer, and does nothing to make people’s lives better. It’s simply to appease the Governor’s delusion of widespread lawlessness, and it’s frightening to imagine the lengths to which he’ll go to strip away rights and freedoms for political gain.”

Others have questioned how the law will be enforced.

“Who will be the person to say when an actual riot is happening?” asked Fla. Sen. Shevrin Jones (D-Broward/Miami-Dade). “That question has still not been answered.”

Hman

This is what I'm talking about.

Need other states to jump on board.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10334

Of course. With scum leaders like Waters, laws need to be put in place...

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute, and 19th Hole

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Love how the white (right) say the left is trying to control free speech, then you have govt actually making laws to curb our 1st amendment rights. Suck it deadsantis.

https://www.history.com/topics/unite...irst-amendment

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Love how the white (right) say the left is trying to control free speech, then you have govt actually making laws to curb our 1st amendment rights. Suck it deadsantis.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

There is absolutely nothing in this Bill that limits the right to assemble

Much like hate crime legislation has amped up penalties for overtly prejudice crimes, Florida has amped up the penalties associated with vandalism or violence in the presence of a mob.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Much like hate crime legislation has amped up penalties for overtly prejudice crimes, Florida has amped up the penalties associated with vandalism or violence in the presence of a mob.
    We'll see.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

its common sense

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Kelly, you dumb s**t. The new law clearly defines what is allowable and what is not. I do not see anything in the new law that says that you cannot exercise your freedom of free speech. You stupid s**t Liberals keep dreaming caca up. The Supreme Court has already upheld laws like this. Why don't take that dumb darkie Maxine Waters and move to Russia. See how long you two survive there.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Kelly, you dumb s**t. The new law clearly defines what is allowable and what is not. I do not see anything in the new law that says that you cannot exercise your freedom of free speech. You stupid s**t Liberals keep dreaming caca up. The Supreme Court has already upheld laws like this. Why don't take that dumb darkie Maxine Waters and move to Russia. See how long you two survive there.
    You’re not allowed to assemble where minors are present.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave vitterd 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Why don't take that dumb darkie Maxine Waters and move to Russia. See how long you two survive there.
    LOL

You know what Putin would do with that old stank ho?

He would just put her in a room by herself, and they would all watch her on a monitor, and just sit back & laugh their azzes off

I said the other day we need Putin to come play intern president for a while to clean this sh!t up for us.

BkofAma took it the wrong way and called me a communist.

Not sure he knew what I was getting at...

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

DeSantis 2024.....
    Get this guy in there, enough Bull$#!T!!!!!

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10334

Your either a lying leftie or insane. Pretty close...

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

So what I want to know is if this is in place where is the line between peaceful protest and what they consider riot?
    Will this be used like “homeland security” gets used in alot of situations.
    It’s close to chopping constitutional rights if they just deem let’s say a bunch of people gathering to protest for a cause and instead say it’s a riot.
    I know for a fact that if this law said you can’t bring a gun into crowded areas in a carry state people of another side would be saying they are shitting all over the constitution.
    It’s just a slippery slope here that hopefully will be used the right way and not just a way to eliminate constitutional rights

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

~~~
    RKELLY---SBR's illiterate pervert gets chapped lips from attempting to read
    the 1st amendment.

Stick to dildo sniffing you sick weasel.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave 19th Hole 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BOA12 gave 19th Hole 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KnuckleHeadz gave 19th Hole 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2047

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    LOL

You know what Putin would do with that old stank ho?

He would just put her in a room by herself, and they would all watch her on a monitor, and just sit back & laugh their azzes off

I said the other day we need Putin to come play intern president for a while to clean this sh!t up for us.

BkofAma took it the wrong way and called me a communist.

Not sure he knew what I was getting at...
    Took nothing the wrong way. BOL Hman, your solution is a bigger azzhole ,than the previous failure, trump? Or U R some kind of triple agent, giving US All 3 sides? FU Again. I won't disrespect this site, anymore.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    DeSantis 2024.....
    Get this guy in there, enough Bull$#!T!!!!!
    Dont be so quick to make this guy a hero he was a total Trump suck up no backbone

rkelly110

Love how I'm the bad guy here. First GA does it, now FL messing with the 1st amendment and the first to bust my balls are the terrorist whities in here. If there were red coat king sympathizers today they would look just like littleboyDH and Cwoman.

BOA12

Love how I'm the bad guy here. First GA does it, now FL messing with the 1st amendment and the first to bust my balls are the terrorist whities in here. If there were red coat king sympathizers today they would look just like littleboyDH and Cwoman.
    Never touch #2, fuk #1. Cherry pickers, stone throwers, and authority is Theirs. Hard to respond W/out being disrespectful. Fuk this place.

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Dont be so quick to make this guy a hero he was a total Trump suck up no backbone
    U don't malted, same mindset.

DwightShrute

you are lying again.