eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15906

Bitcoin is the ultimate money. You are converting the ultimate money into a fiat currency that loses 20% of its purchasing power every year. Worst decision ever. Stay sleep Joe.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Joe, u got any Silver u wanna sell? I'll give u a sweet deal, bruh.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25546

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    What u doing with them? I dont know what to do other than just hold it or switch to btc, I have no idea where its going but its top 10 now which is better than I thought when i picked some up a while back.
    I did a little research last summer and grabbed it at about $7.

Since then I have been holding everything.

I hope the LINK keeps running and then sell about half of it, because I don't think I will let go of any BTC or ETH this year.

I think it would be smart to take good profit from alts.

It is at $42.77 right now

pablo222

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Nice, Pab. I bought a few shares, just for kicks. Bought in at $338.

ChuckyTheGoat

Wanted to take a minute to express my view on the investment options in 2021:

*More than ever (at least recently), I think Real vs Nominal return is important in 2021. Inflation can be very subtle, if it comes in at the reported number of +2% annually. It's almost imperceptible.

If that # is significantly higher, though, say +12%...you need to evaluate Real vs Nominal more closely. You have a higher bar for asset value appreciation...just to maintain your purchasing power.

Look at the Dow or the S&P. Goes up +0.5% on many days. How propped up is that #?

In 2021, any asset class that's not moving up at least in lock-step w/ inflation should be questioned. Precious metals (like Au and Ag) have historically been called "hedges against inflation." If the metals are not at least moving up w/ inflation, they deserve to be questioned.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11885

I own some GBTC (thankfully also own some BTC in a cold wallet), how would you guys proceed with this turd?

Been trading at a steep discount for a couple months now. Fee is ridiculous given the competition that is coming.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

I did a little research last summer and grabbed it at about $7.

Since then I have been holding everything.

I hope the LINK keeps running and then sell about half of it, because I don't think I will let go of any BTC or ETH this year.

I think it would be smart to take good profit from alts.

It is at $42.77 right now
    U beat me by $1 lol...Started at $8 to $10. Given that I wont sell crypto for cash my only options are to just hold or move to btc, which to me is a win no matter what happens. I nabbed a little Tron and Dot also which did way better than I thought when I got them, nice little quad up in a few months. Im with you on not touching btc or eth too valuable the way i see it but I do like to trade btc/eth pairs when it moves up or down.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Wanted to take a minute to express my view on the investment options in 2021:

*More than ever (at least recently), I think Real vs Nominal return is important in 2021. Inflation can be very subtle, if it comes in at the reported number of +2% annually. It's almost imperceptible.

If that # is significantly higher, though, say +12%...you need to evaluate Real vs Nominal more closely. You have a higher bar for asset value appreciation...just to maintain your purchasing power.

Look at the Dow or the S&P. Goes up +0.5% on many days. How propped up is that #?

In 2021, any asset class that's not moving up at least in lock-step w/ inflation should be questioned. Precious metals (like Au and Ag) have historically been called "hedges against inflation." If the metals are not at least moving up w/ inflation, they deserve to be questioned.
    I sold all my gold and silver to get more btc. Don't believe that 2% bs load of crap they are trying to say its way higher when you add it up. The people who don't own stuff are the ones who will get screwed pretty hard over the next few years when it all unfolds.

ChuckyTheGoat

For sure, Legions. It's what I call those WITH invested assets vs those WITHOUT invested assets. Lower-end workers w/ no real assets getting destroyed.

Whatever the asset is. House, stock, anything. You want your assets appreciating at a rate > inflation (or at least equal to).

pablo222

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    I sold all my gold and silver to get more btc. Don't believe that 2% bs load of crap they are trying to say its way higher when you add it up. The people who don't own stuff are the ones who will get screwed pretty hard over the next few years when it all unfolds.
    I almost posted a good chunk of my silver to trade for BTC back in Nov, Dec, and January. Props to you for doing it. Would have been a great play for me, but I guess now I will hold it as a hedge. Silver should do well enough over the next few years.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

I almost posted a good chunk of my silver to trade for BTC back in Nov, Dec, and January. Props to you for doing it. Would have been a great play for me, but I guess now I will hold it as a hedge. Silver should do well enough over the next few years.
    I think this is a poor way of thinking about managing portfolio . You are picking a class ( like gold , silver in this case ) for some reasons . those reasons could be hedge vs inflation , vs paper money , good holding value in tough times when stock is down , and apreciation longterm to name a few . then after positive scenario unfolded you are saying that it was poor decision to hold them . it is like saying it was poor decision to pay insurance because nothing happened to me last year. what would you say after one of bad scenarios ? That it was great to hold it ? Focus more on the proccess , not the results . I believe especially gold manage to hold value for like 100 years very well . the main purpose is to keep it for security . trying to judge whether it was good or bad to sell this asset class based on several moths performance does not make too much sense .

I am still having some in my portfolio ( both gold and silver ) . Lower amounts than years ago due to bitcoin taking some of reasons to hold them

pablo222

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    I think this is a poor way of thinking about managing portfolio . You are picking a class ( like gold , silver in this case ) for some reasons . those reasons could be hedge vs inflation , vs paper money , good holding value in tough times when stock is down , and apreciation longterm to name a few . then after positive scenario unfolded you are saying that it was poor decision to hold them . it is like saying it was poor decision to pay insurance because nothing happened to me last year. what would you say after one of bad scenarios ? That it was great to hold it ? Focus more on the proccess , not the results . I believe especially gold manage to hold value for like 100 years very well . the main purpose is to keep it for security . trying to judge whether it was good or bad to sell this asset class based on several moths performance does not make too much sense .

I am still having some in my portfolio ( both gold and silver ) . Lower amounts than years ago due to bitcoin taking some of reasons to hold them
    Well said.
    I was going to make the trade after 100 percent increase in silver and to ride this BTC bull and then trade back to precious metals.
    My thought process was correct and I knew it, but didn't make the play. The funny thing is I am a silverbug so I have to resist shopping around for good deals and fill out the stack, because I really don't need any more

pablo222

The BTC vs. Gold debate is fascinating. Saylor believes that as the BTC marketcap goes up, golds market cap will shrink by trillions of dollars.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

Pab, it's amazing. I think Saylor speaks the truth.

I'll tell you who's loving this! All Indian women. Their gold jewelry just went on sale, 20% discount on all items.

pablo222

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Thx again to Raiders and others for recommending ETH.

2440, ATH. Can't beat that w/ a stick.
    ETH $2504
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave pablo222 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

ETH $2504
    ETH has had a great run, I have 40 of them in cold storage that I won't even touch for 12-24 months, should be worth a pretty penny at that point

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Bitcoin cash at 891

I remember I said we will see over 1000 this year. I got laughed at.

I bought 5 coins at 300
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave pimike 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Doge makin that move today

27 cents now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pablo222

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post

27 cents now
    Let’s go!!!

pablo222

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post

27 cents now
    Unrael

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Bitcoin cash at 891

I bought 5 coins at 300
    Congrats. Everything is up including all the shitcoins though. Outside of Doge looks like alot of DeFi coins got big pumps today. Hoping Dot and some of the other coins in its ecosystem get another hype cycle.

Still trying to figure out a plan on how to take profits before this altcoin mania starts losing steam.

ChuckyTheGoat

ETH $2504
    Thanks again to everyone. I wouldn't have been on this. After hearing the recommendations bought some, just to round out my portfolio.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Congrats. Everything is up including all the shitcoins though. Outside of Doge looks like alot of DeFi coins got big pumps today. Hoping Dot and some of the other coins in its ecosystem get another hype cycle.

Still trying to figure out a plan on how to take profits before this altcoin mania starts losing steam.
    Tymer, what is the historical pattern on Altcoin season?

Bitcoin is so much tied to the fractal history, b/c of the halving cycle. RIGHT NOW, anyone selling BtC might be crazy. Closer to 12/31, people may have decisions on what % to pull out.

pablo222

Talking to some guys who follow this stuff pretty faithfully.

I bought 2 coins for 1,060.00

May go bigger but right will watch it increase.

pablo222

Bitcoin cash at 891

I bought 5 coins at 300

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

This will be the coin all uses.

Watch buddy..

Lol

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

That was 2 extra at a higher price.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Really? Doge up 340% in the last week?

ChuckyTheGoat

PI, I didn't realize we got that close to touching 65k. Almost.

pablo222

You are full of shit Mike. You aren't fooling anyone. No need to dig the whole deeper.
    You showed up in the thread to point out drops in BTC price and continuously post that it would keep going down.
    After a bunch of clueless posts, you told us you didn't care because you sold at the absolute top.
    Then you supposedly bought back in, while spreading FUD that the price would continue to crash.
    Then after we hit a new ATH and you start in again on the price dropping, while saying that you sold again at the absolute top.
    GTFO with your 2 BCH or at least try and keep it real and contribute something positive to this thread.

Nobody believes your cover story on your lie.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

You are full of shit Mike. You aren't fooling anyone. No need to dig the whole deeper.
    You showed up in the thread to point out drops in BTC price and continuously post that it would keep going down.
    After a bunch of clueless posts, you told us you didn't care because you sold at the absolute top.
    Then you supposedly bought back in, while spreading FUD that the price would continue to crash.
    Then after we hit a new ATH and you start in again on the price dropping, while saying that you sold again at the absolute top.
    GTFO with your 2 BCH or at least try and keep it real and contribute something positive to this thread.
    Bitcoin

Bitcoin cash

2 different things.

Don’t confuse it.

954 now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=vDAg3VkZPg8

pablo222

Don't be a moron Mike.
    You know I am calling you out on your bullshit with BTC a few months ago.
    And then switching to touting a shitcoin no one was talking about.
    You said those 2 at 530 a piece were your first less than a month ago and now you are lying and saying you bought 5 of them for 300 months ago.
    Like I said quit while your behind, because just like I stopped wasting time trying to give you good info, I am not gonna waste time digging up your posts from when you jumped in here to troll.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Oh wow things getting heated between Mike & Pablo

pablo222

It is blatantly obvious.
    I don't get the point of coming in here and trolling FUD and telling blatant lies.
    Not a good look and all of his posts are archived here.
    I will just put him on ignore so I don't have to call him out when he says he bought 50 BCH at 50 dollars.
    You can put the popcorn away.
    BTW DOGE is now 7th in market cap. Who the hell is buying this at .27?

Is this sustainable? Rooting for Diggler here.

First ... 70717273747576 ... Last