PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

why is it if no matter how insect free your home is

the minute you forget to clean up the smallest sugar crumbs or drops of
    anything sweet, ants come out of fukkin NOWHERE!!!!???

I read Ants send scavengers all around your home to try to find some sign of food.

And if you don't clean it up quickly the scavenger ants call out the troupes
    then you're fukked
    Lol....

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

No such thing s insect free; there are always literally millions behind the walls.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Dude, my bathroom and home are like medical facilities with how often I bleach/ scrub/ spray, etc

Seriously

I shave and call the housekeeper to clean my sinks

But you're right, you leave some food residue in the sink for an hour and it's like arachnaphobia

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Where do you live Pauly? The Amazon Rain Forest?

You need to create a barrier around the foundation of your home. Buy some Bifen XTS and get a sprayer. Spray your house on the outside, starting with the roof, to the eaves and foundation and come out about 5 feet from your home. Then spray your lawn, garden, fencing and anything that can accumulate moisture. Do this once a week for a month then month to month for about 6 months then every 60 to 90 days from then on. You will get rid of most insects, especially ants. Bifen XTS does not really kill on contact but it's most effective where the insects take it back to the queen. It takes a few days to be effective. Use Bifen I/T or Permethrin indoors as they both are water based and dry quicker versus XTS which has an oil base. They are all safe around animals and kids once dry.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

You need to create a barrier around the foundation of your home. Buy some Bifen XTS and get a sprayer. Spray your house on the outside, starting with the roof, to the eaves and foundation and come out about 5 feet from your home. Then spray your lawn, garden, fencing and anything that can accumulate moisture. Do this once a week for a month then month to month for about 6 months then every 60 to 90 days from then on. You will get rid of most insects, especially ants. Bifen XTS does not really kill on contact but it's most effective where the insects take it back to the queen. It takes a few days to be effective. Use Bifen I/T or Permethrin indoors as they both are water based and dry quicker versus XTS which has an oil base. They are all safe around animals and kids once dry.

I don't know bro..Bifen pretty close to Biden...seems sketch...passing...
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave NrmlCurvSurfr 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

This guy knows what he is talking about. Gotta secure the perimeter. I live in the desert and insects are nuked upon arrival and I had a line of ants out my door for a month. Had to get serious though and go on the assault.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Pauly.... there's this stuff called "Taurus SC"

Google It. Best stuff ever made for ants. When the ant touches Taurus SC... when communicating with another ant... he will infect that ant. And it continues down the chain until the entire nest is destroyed. Takes about 10-14 days to clear out the entire nest.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Pauly.... there's this stuff called "Taurus SC"
    Google It. Best stuff ever made for ants. When the ant touches Taurus SC... when communicating with another ant... he will infect that ant. And it continues down the chain until the entire nest is destroyed. Takes about 10-14 days to clear out the entire nest.
    TMS - Taurus SC is best for termites. But it takes a LONG time to work. Like 90 days long but it will stop termites for years after. Bifen XTS is much more effective for other insects as well as termites. It is effective in 24 hours but you need to reapply every 90 days. Bifen xts is the best overall for most insects, especially roaches and ants in the south. Supplement it with Permethrin on vegetables or anything that you're going to eat in your garden. Both are great for mosquitos as well. I've used Taurus SC years ago to prevent termites. It is effective for like 10 years, so you only have to use it once in a blue moon.

I always tell people to trial and error. Read up on the insecticides and have a plan.

Mac4Lyfe

You have to be careful using Taurus and Bifen, especially to make sure they don't get into water supply. You can spray permethrin on anything. It is totally safe.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Use and indoor fogger, set it off and leave for the night.

Kills everything.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Roaches are worse then ants. Ants you can spray and clean up in your kitchen easily. Roaches only come out at night and are tricky little bastards to catch and kill.. Actually flees biting you is even worse especially at night. Bed mites are a nightmare. Insects suck period

I'm insect free in my house but damn I remember my apartment days with Roaches and ants years ago. Flees also.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mac,I do have pest control Quarterly..

So your saying you could throw a 5 LB bag of sugar or a bottle of honey on your floor and no ants will be able to get to it no matter how long it lays on the floor?

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25486

Try those Terro liquid bait traps.
    It has borax in it. Not the nasty shit the other methods have.
    They carry the bait back to nest and all the motherfuckers are dead.
    Haven't had any ants since 2017.