billax
    billax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Betfair stole my funds!!! [resolved]

Hello everyone,

i had my account on Betfair with 9000gbp!! they closed my account with no warning or update!!!!!!! i tried to find them but they had me one week on chat telling me that my account is under investigation without explanation for what they were investigating.. now i tried to login and they closed chat with me so i'm unable to locate them.. and they gave no notification or update about my money.. i'm so furious!! anyone that had the same problem????? do you know how can i contact with them and how will i get my money back?
    Last edited by Optional; 10-23-20 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Resolved tag

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 805

It’s gone. Thomorino is the resident lawyer around here so ask him the question.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: billax

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

escalations@betfair.com is the contact email for things like this.

If they do not fix it or explain properly, ask for a deadlock email so you can take the matter to IBAS.

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11820

What did you bet on before your account has become locked?

billax

thank you all!! mjsuax13 i will try to email them first and if they don't reply i will contact him,
    Optional thank you for the email address, i will contact them
    Alfie White..nothing bad i just connected api and did trading..

alonto12
    alonto12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Ok my friend. i had the same issue with Betffair, now you ahould expect at least 3 months to resolve your problem. When its come to costumer service they are very bad, its a nightmare but keep strong

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16066

I got the same issue, back in April, i think. Case solved within 2 days. I contacted them via chat and got luck - account reopened.

billax

hello, thank you for the info, kkkk please what was your problem and how did you reopen your account?
    i had my account and they asked for identification and i passed that, i sent everything they asked and then they just delay and telling me that they are not responsible for my account and that i will be informed, and suddenly with no update they closed my account and excluded my account from chat too.

Alfie White

You need to tell us what did you trade on in order for community to understand what has been the activity on your account prior to this. How much did you deposit, in what timespan have you generated what profit etc - some of these details are required so we can understand the bigger picture.

billax

Alfie, i did trading with bet365 and i lost about 20000.
    betfair asked proof of fund and i sent everything the required from me but they closed my account for unknown reason and they never update me, even now after so long..

ZAMAZA
    ZAMAZA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1567

You live in UK?

billax

hi zamaza!
    yes, i had UK account, is that the problem?

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

Did they ask you to send document proving source of funds or source of wealth recently? If so it could be related to that and that they weren't satisfied with what you provided.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by billax View Post
    hi zamaza!
    yes, i had UK account, is that the problem?
    So it's not your own account?

Alfie White

He never said anything concrete other than gibberish. I have asked how much he deposited, he said he lost 20,000 with bet365 (??) and that it was "trading".

It is pure waste of time to speak with these people that cannot answer simple questions here, where we want to give input and insight, imagine him raging on Betfair chat/emails with random characters and words that in total make absolutely no sense.

@Billax, is it your personal account? Are you resident in UK? How have you been funding your account? Did you change funding method recently? What did you trade on prior to this? What bet365 has to do with your situation?
    Points Awarded:

lonnie55 gave Alfie White 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

caramba

Alfie, i did trading with bet365 and i lost about 20000.
    betfair asked proof of fund and i sent everything the required from me but they closed my account for unknown reason and they never update me, even now after so long..
    Just saw this. They were probably not satisfied with your documents then. I recently had my acc suspended shortly after they had done a source of funds/source of wealth check. Luckily for me my acc manager was able to solve it the next day after I sent in some more documents that their AML team was happy with. When I tried to go through the regular channels I got nowhere.

billax

yes it was my account they closed my account and now i'm trying to find some way to contact with them i already sent email to escalations@betfair.com but still no answer.!! i did trading through my account but they never warned me for account closure..

Optional

Nothing wrong with "trading" using Betfair

billax

i do not understand you problem, i answered honest how i used my account i did trading through my account!
    i want to find out what happened with my account and my money and if someone else had the same case as mine.
    i had an account and they closed it without warning..this can not be right, so i did this post to find if someone had the same experience with me and how to deal it..did they closed your account too???

billax

i know.. they should not be able to close an account with no warning and no explanation.. and as i see i'm not the only one that they did it..

Optional

i know.. they should not be able to close an account with no warning and no explanation.. and as i see i'm not the only one that they did it..
    Stop worrying about this.

Of course they can close an account with no warning. They are hardly going to send you a message that your account will soon be suspended for revue... in case you want to cash out first.

Escalations will answer you. Try making your question simple like "Why is my account still suspended?".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: billax

Alfie White

Billax, you still didn't answer a single question in full that I have asked which would help us assist you. I will copy it for you:

Is it your personal account?
    Are you resident in UK?
    How have you been funding your account?
    Did you change funding method recently?
    What did you trade on prior to this?
    What bet365 has to do with your situation?

ZAMAZA
    ZAMAZA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1567

If the account data is real you can rest assured.

Otherwise the money could evaporate.

billax

yes Alfie, because your way is like i'm on fault and i do not understand how will you help me..
    as i told you it was my account, i live in UK, i used Neteller and i never changed my funding method.
    i trade soccer & tennis mostly and i made deposits 30k and lost 20k, the rest of my money are suspended!
    as for bet365 nothing, just for surebetting
    do you see something familiar to my case?

billax

zamaza my account is real but suspended i have no access..
    how will they do this? how will they take my money with no excuse?
    do you know anyone that they did it?

Alfie White

Well obviously you are for something as I can't imagine Betfair going random and closing accounts left and right for no apparent reason. Did you deposit those funds in short span of time? And did you have clear proof on where do you got the funds on your Neteller (it is your personal Neteller?) from?

If anything is shady there, that might be the reason for suspension.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

What a week. BOL down, Bovada on the run, and now this......do you really think you have to take them all out Michael?

Optional

zamaza my account is real but suspended i have no access..
    how will they do this? how will they take my money with no excuse?
    do you know anyone that they did it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    Well obviously you are for something as I can't imagine Betfair going random and closing accounts left and right for no apparent reason. Did you deposit those funds in short span of time? And did you have clear proof on where do you got the funds on your Neteller (it is your personal Neteller?) from?

If anything is shady there, that might be the reason for suspension.
    There has been a couple of similar sounding cases in recent months, since the Betstars/Flutter merger took control of Betfair.

@Billax, you need to keep at escalations@betfair.com to give you a decision on their investigation or supply you with a Deadlock Email to allow you to take the matter to IBAS.

This has worked for others recently. It seems to make them make a firm decision which has been to re-enable the account in those other cases.

When you email Escalations to ask this, I would CC that email to IBAS at adjudication@ibas-uk.co.uk
    Points Awarded:

Roscoe_Word gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

caramba

Billax, assuming you have done nothing wrong, you will get your account opened and get access to your funds again. Unfortunately it could take a while, so if you rely on Betfair for your trading/arbing, that's not gonna be an option while this is going on. If you have other funds I would recommend opening an account at another exchance such as Betdaq to still be able to trade/arb during the investigation. Liquidity is not as good as Betfair, so might not be what you need, but could be worth looking into.

When this happened to me, it was because Betfair's AML team was not happy with the documents I had sent in. But instead of letting me know this was an issue and asking to me send further documentation they just suspended my account with no warning. When I asked regular helpdesk why my acc was suspended they couldn't say. Thankfully I have an acc manager who was able to look into this, he asked AML what the reason for suspending my acc was, I was told what I needed to send in (documents showing recent deposits to BF) and hours later acc was up and running again.

You mentioned BF asked proof of funds recently, was this a person you spoke to regarding this or just some automatic email being sent out? If a person, you could try to ask that person what is going on and ask what you need to do.

billax

today i found from their page how to contact online again and i had the same.. they said that they will contact with me etc. i asked to talk with someone and they terminated the convarsation..
    i sent email to escalations and still no reply, i will try again and cc adjudications as you suggest me.
    thank you for your help!

billax

i talk with them again today and they did not mention anything, i asked them the reason that they closed my account and they told me that they will inform me as they say all this time..
    i was on chat with someone and he told me that they would sent me an email asking me proof of funds, an email that i could not reply..they keep me away from a formal answer.. today they did it again on chat when i asked a formal answer they terminated the conversation!

billax

these are their answers from the online conversation we had today.. they just close the conversation like the do always..!!
    https://ibb.co/album/R4XBjF
    Last edited by billax; 10-18-20 at 06:01 PM.

billax

alfie yes it it my wallet, i have all the proof i need but they do not speak with me they just telling me that they will inform me..

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

these are their answers from the online conversation we had today.. they just close the conversation like the do always..!!
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Clipboard_2020-10-17_20-12-31.106.jpg
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Clipboard_2020-10-17_20-12-59.529.jpg
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Clipboard_2020-10-17_20-17-38.545.jpg
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Clipboard_2020-10-17_20-16-46.917.jpg
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Clipboard_2020-10-17_20-23-30.550.jpg
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Clipboard_2020-10-17_20-25-50.386.jpg
    file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Clipboard_2020-10-17_20-30-43.736.jpg
    Billax, two things...

1. Did you do what Optional recommended? These new chat sessions you talk about today are not what he recommended. He's been around the block with BetFair.

2. You did not successfully attach any pics. You can't do that on this board. You have to use an external image host, such as imgbb and then paste the direct URL for that pic into the "Insert Image" tool in the toolbar.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Don't think Betfair would close someone's account because he lost 20k, they are desperate for losing players. I heard before they start asking about source of funds when someone loses over 100k in a relatively short period of time.

123 Last