homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Packers -5.5 at home against lions

Really? Am I the only one that thinks this is a steal?

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    Really? Am I the only one that thinks this is a steal?
    That should be a slam play. Good idea and thanks for the heads up!

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Aaron Rodgers looked like the MVP. Remember though this is overreaction week and no-one will have the eyes on the public on them more than the Packers.

If you want a trend. Teams that are favorites in week 1 and lose and are underdogs in week 2, hits at a 63% clip. This applies to the Lions and Eagles. It looks like Golladay will miss the game again, but with him Lions could hang with most teams in the league. They have played really good against the Packers too the last couple of meetings, if I'm not mistaken they had the lead until the very last second in both meetings last season?

homerbush

Maybe, but Matt Stafford usually looks like a world beater every September he already looks like early November Matt Stafford. I still like Packers. Sure it might not hit... I threw the ML in a parlay as well hopefully if they miss the cover they still win.

homerbush

I also really like Vikings +3

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by The J-Dizzle View Post
    Aaron Rodgers looked like the MVP. Remember though this is overreaction week and no-one will have the eyes on the public on them more than the Packers.

If you want a trend. Teams that are favorites in week 1 and lose and are underdogs in week 2, hits at a 63% clip. This applies to the Lions and Eagles. It looks like Golladay will miss the game again, but with him Lions could hang with most teams in the league. They have played really good against the Packers too the last couple of meetings, if I'm not mistaken they had the lead until the very last second in both meetings last season?
    Lions were -2.5, now on the road vs a divisional opponent that is better than them for some time ... with the best QB going. I think that falls into the 37% part, not the 63% bro.

The J-Dizzle

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Lions were -2.5, now on the road vs a divisional opponent that is better than them for some time ... with the best QB going. I think that falls into the 37% part, not the 63% bro.
    I know they were favorites, hence why I brought up the trend

Sure I'm not saying that the Packers aren't good, the first thing I wrote was that Rodgers looked like the MVP

BUT my point was that this is the week that we overreact the most, and what team is "hotter" than the Packers right now in the minds of the public? Last season Packers won both meetings. The first meeting they won 23-22 after being down 13-22 in the 4th quarter. The second meeting they won 23-20, after being down 17-3 at halftime and scoring the final FG in the last seconds. Lions seems to have a feeling for losing leads since they were up big against the Bears coming into the 4th quarter. If Lions won that game with 20 points, would you feel the same way then?

I'm only giving a heads up, saying that maybe Packers aren't as good as they were in week 1 and the Lions probably aren't as bad as they were in the 4th quarter in week 1. Lions could of (should of) won both meetings last year. I'm part Packers fan though so I hope Rodgers balls out again, but if Golladay plays I wouldn't say that the Packers perhaps would field the best offense in that game...

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I agree, no one is as good or bad as last week; most lines are overreactions, sure. There have been times when GB has led big and blown covers too against Detroit ...

I still say they win by 7+

The J-Dizzle

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    I agree, no one is as good or bad as last week; most lines are overreactions, sure. There have been times when GB has led big and blown covers too against Detroit ...

I still say they win by 7+
    Ofc they have, but the last two games under LaFleur are the most relevant. And Lions almost won with David Blough against them in week 17, I didn't remember that at first.

I sure hope so, I liked how the Packers looked against the Vikings!

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

It's not out of the realm of possibilities you are right. And generally, the angle of overrating winners and overreacting to losers in week 2, especially this year, will be a winning strategy. I'm with you there.

The J-Dizzle

Golladay is out. Trufant is out and so on... Lions has major injury concerns at the wrong positions. Could get ugly, hopefully Rodgers lights them up
    Points Awarded:

StackinGreen gave The J-Dizzle 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I'm not sold that Rodgers is all of a sudden back to elite status (middle tier last year). Lions should have beat the Pack both times last year. I think they get it done this week.

The J-Dizzle

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I'm not sold that Rodgers is all of a sudden back to elite status (middle tier last year). Lions should have beat the Pack both times last year. I think they get it done this week.
    I would be on Lions but the injuries are too severe. Both starting CBs might be gone in Okudah and Trufant (which means Rodgers could have another field day, hopefully) and Golladay won't play either. With these players out, it's a no bet from me atm. The line looks kinda fishy.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

I would be on Lions but the injuries are too severe. Both starting CBs might be gone in Okudah and Trufant (which means Rodgers could have another field day, hopefully) and Golladay won't play either. With these players out, it's a no bet from me atm. The line looks kinda fishy.
    Okudah is fine, you mean Coleman.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

If you want a trend. Teams that are favorites in week 1 and lose and are underdogs in week 2, hits at a 63% clip. This applies to the Lions and Eagles.
    Eagles are not underdogs, though.

This trend would apply to the Vikings.

The J-Dizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Eagles are not underdogs, though.

This trend would apply to the Vikings.
    Genius. At the time I wrote Eagles were underdogs, this line is going back and forth.

homerbush

I enhanced position on both Vikings and packers as week went on. on packers big and Vikings medium.

The J-Dizzle

Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    I enhanced position on both Vikings and packers as week went on. on packers big and Vikings medium.
    GL Homer hope you nail them!